Automated Response

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Why it is not fixed yet?

I’m sick of being unable to snare engineer and getting kited until their healing skill is back up because of that permanent condition immunity on under 25% HP.

Give it some duration fact, give it internal cooldown or completely remove it. Make that trait reasonable.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Engineer has more or less the worst condition removal in the complete game. The possibilities are very limited for us to remove conditions and we can only remove one or 2 condtions at one time.
Without this trait we die in seconds against condition.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Engineer has more or less the worst condition removal in the complete game. The possibilities are very limited for us to remove conditions and we can only remove one or 2 condtions at one time.

Immunity is too OP though. It’s like having constant endure pain for direct damage specs.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Perhaps change it to a limited set of conditions then?
Immunity to Burning, Torment, Confusion, Fear and Bleeding.
Gain 3s(?) of regeneration when Hit with Immobilize, Cripple, chill and poison, 3s ICD

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

But we should get some changes to our other condition removal stuff as an exchange.

For example that Heal turret convert 2 conditions into boons and not just remove it and med kit remove all condtions not just one (At the moment med kit is a joke). Maybe the Elixir H removes also 2 condtions if the trait is taken and gives protection and not the random stuff.
Elixir C toss is a stun breaker. Because without this trait we have a very hard time 1on1 vs necro or a condition ranger at the moment.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

I wish they would just remove any condition counters… It’s really ruining this game.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I wish they would just remove any condition counters… It’s really ruining this game.

Soft counters are fine – Hard counters are a problem.

It’s fine for a skill/trait/whatever to say “Playstyle X is less effective against me for x seconds”.

It’s silly for a skill/trait/whatever to say “Playstyle X is completely useless against me for X seconds”

This is of course a very general answer, there are some specific cases that don’t really fall into this (Endure pain comes to mind – even though it completely blocks physical damage for 4-5 seconds, I wouldn’t call it a hard counter)

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m fine with AR getting toned down because it’s only any use maybe once a match, so I’d just take something else (better?) and be done with it.

Condi necros already hard counter condi engineers, and this trait gives condi engineer a chance. I agree that there Anet needs to tone down hard counters across the board, but please don’t just come out calling for the nerfbat on whatever’s annoying, not giving a thought to the broader consequence.

A balance patch like this would be possible:
Warrior stances reduced/UF moved higher/CI toned down to 2
Necro condi flips nerfed/signet of spite cast time increased
Engi AR nerfed

With the current lineup of total cheese dominating every competitive match, a marginally useful engineer trait would be an awful target for the nerfbat.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

sorrow srsly quit your kitten kittening about this. This is like the 3rd post I’ve seen from you involving this trait.

Yes its not a good mechanic for a trait.
No its not OP
Yes better suggestions/alternatives have been mentioned.
No changes to it will not occur in next half a year if ever.

GET OVER IT.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

just switch to warhorn, 5, DS, 4 then 1111, stomp.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

No no no. Idiots. Don’t nerf condition counters. Nerf conditions so power builds can be popular again.

Automated Response

in PvP

sorrow.2364

sorrow srsly quit your kitten kittening about this. This is like the 3rd post I’ve seen from you involving this trait.

Yes its not a good mechanic for a trait.
No its not OP
Yes better suggestions/alternatives have been mentioned.
No changes to it will not occur in next half a year if ever.

GET OVER IT.

Nothing has been done yet.
That trait is gamebreaking, frustrating and stupid and someone will bring the topic back up periodically until we get some answer from devs or some sort of action.

Total immunity is broken. Automated and unlimited is even more broken.
I’m all up to give engineers more options of condition removal instead of AR.

You have no idea of how frustrating is when an engineer whose HP went to under 25% and he’s constantly kiting and LoSing with perma swiftness with no way to cripple/chill/immobilize/poison him, until his healing skill is off cooldown not allowing you to finish him off.
No counterplay at all, just hoping that the engineer fails to LoS.

Automated Response

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Nothing has been done yet.
That trait is gamebreaking, frustrating and stupid and someone will bring the topic back up periodically until we get some answer from devs or some sort of action.

Total immunity is broken. Automated and unlimited is even more broken.
I’m all up to give engineers more options of condition removal instead of AR.

You have no idea of how frustrating is when an engineer whose HP went to under 25% and he’s constantly kiting and LoSing with perma swiftness with no way to cripple/chill/immobilize/poison him, until his healing skill is off cooldown not allowing you to finish him off.
No counterplay at all, just hoping that the engineer fails to LoS.

Deep breaths, bro. It’s not even that strong of a trait. I use it sometimes but for 30 in alchemy it’s hard to beat PI, IS and BR.

The only thing this does is occasionally forgive an engineer for messing up, maybe one out of four times or so. LoS loses to s/d thieves, sword, hammer, or greatsword warriors, rangers, other engineers, and dps guards. Everyone agrees it’s not that super well designed, but that’s it.

What spec are you using? Because there are only a couple that AR is really frustrating to face with. Spirit ranger and p/d thief off the top of my head, there may be others.

Also, are we talking duels or conquest? Because conquest is designed to force conflict, meaning that if you beat the engineer and he runs, you don’t have to have enough mobility in your spec to catch him. He already lost. If you’re running a spec with a gap closer or ranged interrupts, you can kill him and that’s that. If not, you still won. Kind of like beating a thief.

Automated Response

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Deep breaths, bro. It’s not even that strong of a trait. I use it sometimes but for 30 in alchemy it’s hard to beat PI, IS and BR.

The only thing this does is occasionally forgive an engineer for messing up, maybe one out of four times or so. LoS loses to s/d thieves, sword, hammer, or greatsword warriors, rangers, other engineers, and dps guards. Everyone agrees it’s not that super well designed, but that’s it.

What spec are you using? Because there are only a couple that AR is really frustrating to face with. Spirit ranger and p/d thief off the top of my head, there may be others.

Also, are we talking duels or conquest? Because conquest is designed to force conflict, meaning that if you beat the engineer and he runs, you don’t have to have enough mobility in your spec to catch him. He already lost. If you’re running a spec with a gap closer or ranged interrupts, you can kill him and that’s that. If not, you still won. Kind of like beating a thief.

I’m running a D/D elementalist right now.
I have the tools to close a gap and to snare the enemy, but as soon as any engineer gets under 25% HP, closing the cap is impossible because of the perma-swiftness and the immunity to CCs.

The engineer doesn’t need to leave the node, he can just LoS or disengage temporarily until the healing skill is back up, maybe he can leave the node for a short time, but that’s it.
This is a pretty huge issue considering that you don’t want the engineer to heal up and keep the node contested.

It is fine for a thief, since they are squishy and easy to force them to leave the node, but an engineer is already tough to bring down to 25%, being unable to finish him off because you can’t prevent him to escape to heal is incredibly frustrating.

Want a grandmaster trait to give engineers another chance? Fine. But let it happen only once, not every time they fall under 25% hp.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Automated Response

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

I would recommend you to run one with air if you have trouble keeping up, but well its mostly amazing with scepter and fresh air, but then running a scepter build you would be able to finish him off.

Automated Response

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m running a D/D elementalist right now.
I have the tools to close a gap and to snare the enemy, but as soon as any engineer gets under 25% HP, closing the cap is impossible because of the perma-swiftness and the immunity to CCs.

The engineer doesn’t need to leave the node, he can just LoS or disengage temporarily until the healing skill is back up, maybe he can leave the node for a short time, but that’s it.
This is a pretty huge issue considering that you don’t want the engineer to heal up and keep the node contested.

It is fine for a thief, since they are squishy and easy to force them to leave the node, but an engineer is already tough to bring down to 25%, being unable to finish him off because you can’t prevent him to escape to heal is incredibly frustrating.

Hmm, yeah condi engineer is a tough duel for a d/d ele. Hgh engi was popular because it countered d/d and s/d bunkers, even before nerfs.

I feel it’s a little unfair to come out demanding the nerfbat as an (I assume?) dps d/d ele. I run creative builds all the time, but if they don’t perform well vs. meta builds, I change them. Props to you for running something creative and difficult—it sounds like dps d/d ele needs a buff, though. Maybe combine the earth 3 skill chain to be a gap closer and immobilize in one skill, instead of a chain. A low CD daze would be a really good addition to the d/d set and would solve your problem—maybe water 2?

Alternatively, you could just change your build. /f is great vs. engineers because of swirling winds, condition removal, invulnerability, and ranged knockdown.

I’m generally against power creep, but in this case I think it makes more sense than the nerfbat. For example, condi necro already hard counters condi engineer, much worse than condi engineer counters ele. I’m fine with toning down AR, but it only makes sense to do so in the context of nerfs to other professions as well.

Also, I lol’d a bit when you said that engies just LoS you without leaving the node…;) I knew what you meant but it was humorous.

Automated Response

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Hmm, yeah condi engineer is a tough duel for a d/d ele. Hgh engi was popular because it countered d/d and s/d bunkers, even before nerfs.

I feel it’s a little unfair to come out demanding the nerfbat as an (I assume?) dps d/d ele. I run creative builds all the time, but if they don’t perform well vs. meta builds, I change them. Props to you for running something creative and difficult—it sounds like dps d/d ele needs a buff, though. Maybe combine the earth 3 skill chain to be a gap closer and immobilize in one skill, instead of a chain. A low CD daze would be a really good addition to the d/d set and would solve your problem—maybe water 2?

Alternatively, you could just change your build. /f is great vs. engineers because of swirling winds, condition removal, invulnerability, and ranged knockdown.

I’m generally against power creep, but in this case I think it makes more sense than the nerfbat. For example, condi necro already hard counters condi engineer, much worse than condi engineer counters ele. I’m fine with toning down AR, but it only makes sense to do so in the context of nerfs to other professions as well.

Also, I lol’d a bit when you said that engies just LoS you without leaving the node…;) I knew what you meant but it was humorous.

D/D ele is kinda fine. I have the tools to close the gaps and to snare out running away enemies, unless they are immune to those tools, of course.

As I’ve said, if Engineer hadn’t enough condition removals without AR, it would be fine to just replace it with another active condition cleansing to help them facing condition builds, but complete immunity is too much.
It doesn’t allow for counterplay.

I’m also pretty sure that D/D eles aren’t the only one having problem with condition immunity.