Avenger title ruined, not new at ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Nothing gamebreaking, just like the whole “Ascendant” and “mist walker” fiasco (highest available titles pvp in gw2 easily available from HoM), we now get this.

What’s the point of “Avenger” when you guys release “Avenger of the dispossessed”? I know this is basically meaningless to complain about, and most people will say “lol its just a random title move on” but I’d like to go deeper, what was the point of this?

This new title renders the old “Avenger” completely useless and irrelevant, even when the means of achieving it are 200x more time consuming (and because of that, significantly harder) than the living story one.

That’d be all, once again I’m disappointed at the poor decisions that seem to plague this game, as little as they might be.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

I don’t know what to say.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I don’t know what to say.

well, its a detail, but its true, PvPers dont have many things to bring into PvE, making titles from PvP look the same or even worse then PvE easier ones is just bad…

at least we still have our /rank emote )

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

String Avenger != String Avenger of the Dispossessed

If completing flame and frost gave you Avenger then Id understand but the title is only similar because 1 word is the same between them. That, and its a title…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Razor.6392

If completing flame and frost gave you Avenger then Id understand but the title is only similar because 1 word is the same between them. That, and its a title…

lol

so which one looks superior to you? I’m just an “avenger” while every single person is an “avenger of the dispossessed”. It just doesn’t make any sense, don’t have to be a genius or phd in common sense to understand.

An example, so it can be simpler to understand for people like you:

Title #1: Takes on average 70 hours to get it and is kinda rare.
Knight

Then another title is released

Title #2: Takes on average 5 hours to get it and everybody and their mothers have it.
Knight of a thousand nightmares

Get it yet? it does not make sense.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

3 choices:
1. Wear Champion -insert class- title
2. Get Ransaker
3. Use a different title

in PvP

Razor.6392

3 choices:
1. Wear Champion -insert class- title
2. Get Ransaker
3. Use a different title

I know, I’m farming tourneys for champion magus title (that will be worthless on my alts, but whatever), but still, it shouldn’t be like this.

why have to fix something that was not supposed to be broken?

wouldn’t ‘vindicator of the dispossessed’ have worked?

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

lol

so which one looks superior to you? I’m just an “avenger” while every single person is an “avenger of the dispossessed”. It just doesn’t make any sense, don’t have to be a genius or phd in common sense to understand.

An example, so it can be simpler to understand for people like you:

Title #1: Takes on average 70 hours to get it and is kinda rare.
Knight

Then another title is released

Title #2: Takes on average 5 hours to get it and everybody and their mothers have it.
Knight of a thousand nightmares

Get it yet? it does not make sense.

So you know the differences between the titles, you know the requirements to get that title? Then which one looks better to you?

To answer your loaded question I prefer simpler titles anyway, so Avenger is much better in my eyes.

(People like me…. sorry I dont share you conceded opinion and rely on other peoples opinions of in game titles to raise my self esteem)

in PvP

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I noticed what the op is talking about, but figured, those who know pvp certainly know the difference. People that know the game knows avenger of the dispose takes less time than combat healer.

in PvP

Razor.6392

I noticed what the op is talking about, but figured, those who know pvp certainly know the difference. People that know the game knows avenger of the dispose takes less time than combat healer.

I do some pve too, and avenger is sorta rarer (not anymore) than say… combat healer, any event title (master carver etc) or been there done that.

you get the point, being unique in a mmo has always been something that people have strived for. Whether it is because of gear, titles or special achievements that set you apart from the rest in one way or another.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Razor.6392

(People like me…. sorry I dont share you conceded opinion and rely on other peoples opinions of in game titles to raise my self esteem)

Oh, a personal attack. Sorry but I won’t join this time.

Looks like I was right after all.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Oh, a personal attack. Sorry but I won’t join this time.

Looks like I was right after all.

Throw a personal attack, become offended when one is returned – sounds like your typical internet crusader…

in PvP

Razor.6392

You should not feel offended for not understanding something that is crystal clear, it was not my fault that you just couldn’t deal with a topic that involved a concept so simple such as logic.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

You should not feel offended for not understanding something that is crystal clear, it was not my fault that you just couldn’t deal with a topic that involved a concept so simple such as logic.

Here is the simple logic you are failing to see. The Avenger title has one set of requirements, the other title has a different set of requirements. You seem to be the only one that cares that the word “Avenger” is contained within both of them. PvP players seeing Avenger of the Dispossessed know that the title means very little to them and PvP. PvE players seeing Avenger know that the title has nothing to do with PvE. Players that play both are aware of both titles and their requirements.

So again, why does this matter?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

While I agree that titles are very important and are one of the only reasons I play PvP at all, I don’t think there’s much confusion between “Avenger” and “Avenger of the dispossessed”.

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

While I agree that titles are very important and are one of the only reasons I play PvP at all, I don’t think there’s much confusion between “Avenger” and “Avenger of the dispossessed”.

Exactly!

in PvP

Razor.6392

Here is the simple logic you are failing to see. The Avenger title has one set of requirements, the other title has a different set of requirements. You seem to be the only one that cares that the word “Avenger” is contained within both of them. PvP players seeing Avenger of the Dispossessed know that the title means very little to them and PvP. PvE players seeing Avenger know that the title has nothing to do with PvE. Players that play both are aware of both titles and their requirements.

So again, why does this matter?

I said in the OP that it doesn’t matter that much, but it shouldn’t have happened.

According to you, obtaining Ascendant and Mist Walker (highest titles available from pvp) from HoM is perfectly fine as well.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Wow so is there someone who still cares bout titles? Personally i almost got my 4th champ and marauder and i see no point to put them up…i’m just waiting for some stupid title like Drunkard in gw1 to start using them xD

Btw what’s the difference from someone with avenger or avenger of wtf is it, if you’re in tpvp? If he’s against you you have to face him anyway…no matter the title he wears…..if you’re talking about hotjoin well…don’t look at titles, just spam random stuff (Grenades work perfectly for this purpose lol) here and there and it’s fine…you know it’s hotzerg…noone gives a crap bout what is he doing there…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Razor.6392

I said it doesn’t really matter, but apparently making a thread means that I’m mad as HELL and I’m quitting this game.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Everyone already knows about ascendant and so on titles from gw1 (I’ve got them also)…and everyone already don’t give a kitten bout it, they made a stupid mistake giving same titles for two different things? Yes. Is it a problem? Not at all…so problem is already solved, they’re not going to fix this…god i’m still porting into walls with thief and mesmer and it’s still unfixed, those minor things are not even a priority so don’t even hope on a fix xD

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I do admit OP, this is gonna bother me as well especially since I’m not a GW1 player :X (You aren’t mad) but I think what people are saying (which I do agree with) is your point about the avenger vs avenger of the _______. Because it has the “of the ________” it’s pretty much not the same imo. Just like Champion Paragon is not like Champion Slayer.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

I do admit OP, this is gonna bother me as well especially since I’m not a GW1 player :X (You aren’t mad) but I think what people are saying (which I do agree with) is your point about the avenger vs avenger of the _______. Because it has the “of the ________” it’s pretty much not the same imo. Just like Champion Paragon is not like Champion Slayer.

Boom, there is your logic OP.