BAN AFK'ers !!!!

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

I know namecalling is not allowed in here ( or any MMO ) but seriously , Anet PLEASE do something !!!

People will stop playing your Game because of others destroying it for them.
Having one (bad) person go AFK right from the start is GG.

What more do you ppl need until you react on the reports of many players you get for ppl like these ?
How long do we have to live with that?
Do you really want us to queue-dodge those ppl , or how should we deal with this situation.

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

What about a match which is 450 v 100 – would you blame some for going AFK then?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

What about a match which is 450 v 100 – would you blame some for going AFK then?

He is probably not complaining about that, more like people that afk as soon as they die at mid once, or others that quit 2 minutes into a game.

Needs a specific report option that gives dishonor or counts as a desertion if reported enough, instead of just the blanket “Botting”.

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

He is probably not complaining about that, more like people that afk as soon as they die at mid once, or others that quit 2 minutes into a game.

Needs a specific report option that gives dishonor or counts as a desertion if reported enough, instead of just the blanket “Botting”.

I agree, this is a real problem. I’m sure we’ve all,by this point had our fair share of this happen to us. I had a thief today, just afk for most of the match, even though we closed a massive points deficit to only have lost by 50 points, if he had been playing we probably would have won. It’s things like this that are costing me games, lots of games. I’m not say every loss is because of something like this, but at least 90% of my losses are dew to the incompetence of others. Most games I lose are because of people afking or flaming. Very few are lost because the other team where better over all. It just so happens I seem to constantly have the people having a bad day, or the people who are really not trying.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I have seen some really stupid things in matches like playing sides at start of foefire- leaving a team to 3v4 with no sustain and the snowballs result from that.

All because it worked in certain team comps and they keep trying it – go hey look we are up by 2 caps – then everyone else wipes at mid..resulting in the enemy winning mid and can then rotate you left/right. It does depend on multiple things if this strat will work.

Resulting in a snowball 200 points down as a bad start strategy which could not be recovered – would you blame people who then AFK?

I wouldn’t – it’s extremely hard to then recover. Some people don’t understand why foefire centre is most important for example and how winning this and maintaining mid allows for a much easier match.

Some times it’s better to lose a match quicker and move on.
How could you tell the difference between an AFK and someone who then purposely runs in hits some skills and dies?

You can’t – and here in lies the issue.
If they punish the AFK – we would then just feed the enemy to lose faster right ? (As the feeder does not get banned).

The problem with the season as detailed out many times before there is no incentive to gain as many points as possible – it’s win or lose.

If we knew the chances of win/loss before the match and what score you need to get to improve your MMR:
Would this encourage you to play your best?

Right now MMR is calculated only on win/loss and not finished team score!
Now if MMR was calculated where your team did better than expected it goes up a little, worse than expected it goes down a little – this is a game changer.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

You can’t – and here in lies the issue.
If they punish the AFK – we would then just feed the enemy to lose faster right ? (As the feeder does not get banned).

No problem, just add another option “intentional feeding”. People must be banned from PvP for some time (or at least from ranked).

I tired of afkers too.

Btw i use “lfg abuse” option to report afkers. I mean they just farm points. Botting is for cheaters no? Why no “cheats” option btw?

English is not my native language, sorry :<

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

People will stop playing your Game because of others destroying it for them.

I just parked myself in spawn for a few seconds after 5 minutes of getting rolled and no one responding or writing in map chat. Why should I have to endure getting murdered on the field if the majority of the “team” isn’t organized or responding? I think only two of us even knew English or they simply had chat turned off. When this happens, you are going to lose and better off getting it over with.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

BAN AFK'ers !!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

People constantly raging in chat when i go afk with 400 : 10 score on Temple. Its like they dont get that its s2 and you get nothing for trying. kitten .