"BLU is not an all-star"

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

I just would like to say in advance that if the tone or wording I use in this post offends anyone, I do apologize, this is an extremely important issue to me, and I would like to have my chance to retaliate to some of the comments being made today.

So to reply to the phrase in the title, maybe I’m not. That does not, however, mean I lack the commitment or the drive to get myself to that level.

When I first heard about Gamescom I was hype, same as anybody else was because holy kitten we actually have a Guild Wars LAN happening again. I had thought there would be an opportunity for me to shoutcast this event, but unfortunately ArenaNet was unable to accommodate this. I then tried to see if there was anyway I would be able to send myself there, but alas as with any American college student I dont have the 2500 USD or more to send myself to Germany, especially with this little notice.

When this fact finally sunk into me it sucked, and I was mad, not at ArenaNet, because I understand fine that stuff happens, but mad in general that, for the second time now, I wouldn’t be able to go to a Guild Wars event LIVE and meet the people I have worked besides and become friends with over the past two years now. It was then that I was invited as one of the all stars.

At first glance I was surprised too, because again, for the majority of my time in this game I have been a caster, and I haven’t played on an official team in quite some time, but seeing as this was my only chance to go and I have no guarantee there will ever be another GW2 LAN, I took this as an opportunity to better myself.

I am 300% committed to earning my nomination. Quite a few top tier players have already told me that my communication and general team play is good, and that only my mechanical skill needs work. If that means I have to spend 12, 18, or more hours each day playing and getting myself to the level of others on that list, I will do it. There is still over a month between now and Gamescom, and I personally believe that by the time it rolls around, I can be ready. I have no job, this is my job. I run tournaments and cast Guild Wars. That leaves me with all the free time I need to play, practice and improve.

My life for the past two years now has been (as pathetic as this sounds) about 90% Guild Wars and attempting to keep the scene alive, and the opportunity to finally see that evolve into a live event would mean more than the world to me. If you don’t believe I can prepare myself, that’s fine, but if you do, your votes and faith in me would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

I do believe you deserve to go, regardless of a nomination, you have put in more work and effort than I believe Anet themselves have put into PvP. And for that, they should be kissing your kitten and taking you along for the ride.

That said, putting you in the all-stars roster when there are several other top tier players not on that list is what is irking people. I don’t believe it’s anything personally against you, so try not to take it personally, people are just upset because the list looks more like a popularity contest than a true “All-Stars” list.

Best of luck friend. I hope you get to go, you deserve it.

-Steb

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Steb.2571)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I don’t think anyone argues that you should be there, Blu. For god’s sake, you have earned it.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

you are not an “all-star” but you deserve to go and shoutcast, while Anet bows at your feet for keeping the community alive.

P.S. I voted for blu because I would rather have him there than anyone in the game

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

(edited by hehk.8705)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Blu, spot on post brother. Don’t let the haters get to you, seriously, kitten em.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I don’t think anyone hates Blu. However, saying he’s an All-star player is something he even alludes to and agrees he is not throughout his own post. It’s just lame Anet didn’t bring him along as a caster like he easily deserves. Puts this whole tournament and it’s results with an * (asterik) on it. For example, Blu goes, NA loses to EU, all we will here for a few months is weak NA excuses with "Well Blu was on the team, DUH". Either way, if you don’t care about the results of the tournament, then it should still be a fun event to attend & watch. On a side note, it would be hysterical if Blu went and NA won, haha.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Voted for you hope you get to enjoy Germany they have great beer. You are the go to dude for guild wars 2 spvp and you been doing it like a pro, cheers

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I agree with this. I am confused as to why Anet couldn’t fund at least Blu to go and shoutcast. DocMed is right, no one is saying he isn’t an all-star because they hate him, but he honestly deserves to go more than almost 90% of the pvp community.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

You deserve to go and cast this biz. Period. In the interest of the best playing the best though, I Want to see NA repped proper like.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Right on BLU. Get your game on, go play. I’ll group with ya when I can (very busy these days). Well get you trained.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Practice 1v1s hard core as much as possible especially bad matchups. Try to get some time on EU during prime and practice rotations. Good luck budski

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Voting for you. I don’t even care if the event is gonna be bad because of it, if anet is too stupid to send the only person who really desreves to go then it doesn’t really matter anymore.

gerdian

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Ovi.5473

Ovi.5473

You have my vote m8, but who will shout cast if you are playing?

~Rank 80 Ranger/Warrior/Necromancer~
Leader of “I Radioactive I” [dK]
Leader of “U R The Future Charity” [URTF]

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’m confused why they didn’t send you to shoutcast, when its obvious you are the #1 All Star shoutcaster. Either way, frankly I want you to go to the tournament and wreck EU, that would be even better than the Brazil v. Germany game.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Is this the World Cup? Common guys. This is a video game. Like every other game it has a skill cap and this games skill cap is higher than most that’s why I like it. The only reason teams win is cause they have better rotations,comps, and know what to do. All 32 players are at there end of story. Id say there’s another 500 on top of that, that just don’t play on a team.

So we know each team is gonna have a month to practice and the teams should be all equal. How I will vote is look who has dedicated the most time to the community. I mean common guys if it wasn’t for him this event probably wouldn’t even happen nor TOL 2. The only reason TOL 2 happened was cause Blu did such a good job hosting it and got 250 sign ups.

So quit saying you want the best players in the game at the tournament cause there’s simply not “10” best players. He gets paid $0 dollars for doing this yet hes the only one with a few other that keeps Competitive PvP alive. If he quit everything would go in the toilet.

So he is just as good as everyone else and dedicates the most time shouldn’t he go?
I think so without a doubt

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

voting for you too , i mean its not like some of the people on that list aren’t average at best as well , anyways enjoy your time in Germany.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I voted for you of course, your effort about Guild wars 2 is amazing, probably this spvp doesn’t deserve an effort like this, but i’m sure you do this because you’re very passionate.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You aren’t an all-star player, and would need more than a month to get to that level – that much is clear.

However, you have put in more work than anybody to keep the pvp scene alive and well, and should be going as a shoutcaster. That oversight is terrible from Anet’s perspective, and they should be ashamed to even make this a situation. Heck, the cost of paying someone to organize and run tourneys, at even a rate of $25/hour (even if that is salary + benefits + corporate tax burden), would be higher than just paying for you to attend this event.

Anet, get your head out of your you-know-where and do the right thing. He has already directly supported the game and earned you more than the cost of his travel through increased exposure of the game. Slighting him and losing that support will just cost you more, while sending him as a “top player” threatens to degrade the very image you are trying to build with this event.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

pdemo.8312

Omg he’s the same as everyone else it’s a video game with a level cap

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

You are actually the only person I’d bother voting for tbh, no one has spent more time, anet should fly you out regardless imo.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

No, you don’t deserve to go. And you will not improve enough in one month to be worthy of the nomination, considering you’ve been at roughly the same skill level relative to other players for about two years.

Then again, this game’s competitive scene is so small that it probably doesn’t matter much.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

No, you don’t deserve to go. And you will not improve enough in one month to be worthy of the nomination, considering you’ve been at roughly the same skill level relative to other players for about two years.

Then again, this game’s competitive scene is so small that it probably doesn’t matter much.

All stars are just a show match, relative skill means next to nothing.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxvq2zjy0g
Notice how the pixels are constantly smiling and don’t care when they miss or fall.

Also this is more about giving players that have put a ton of time in some cool reward/trip to germany not really about winning. If they cared about winning then teams would have been selected instead of players.

(edited by Zirith.6429)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Lets be real, you are not a good player. You deserve to cast this 100%. You should not play on the all star team. You’re not going to get “great” in one month. Sorry to break it to you, but if you play with the NA team, there is absolutely no way NA will win…. and don’t think you have good decision and rotation skills from casting.. every time you give advice in games it is wrong

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Lets be real, you are not a good player. You deserve to cast this 100%. You should not play on the all star team. You’re not going to get “great” in one month. Sorry to break it to you, but if you play with the NA team, there is absolutely no way NA will win…. and don’t think you have good decision and rotation skills from casting.. every time you give advice in games it is wrong

Backpack is just kitten cause he wasn’t invited ;O

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Mike.4830

Backpack is just kitten cause he wasn’t invited ;O

I got an email from grouch “too young for esports”
I’m just Giving my professional opinion on the matter

Backpack God

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Maybe next year, once he grows out of his diapers.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Mike.4830

I’m surprised Team Teamwork didnt get invited

Backpack God

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

pdemo.8312

Lol these guys are funny thinking this game takes time to get good at. The only thing that takes time is team chemistry which every team will get 1 month.

I mean helseth got disqualified for threatening to bring a in to pax and blue is prolly better this is comedy. You guys realize theirs an E in front of the sports for a reason.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Mike.4830

Lol these guys are funny thinking this game takes time to get good at. The only thing that takes time is team chemistry which every team will get 1 month.

I mean helseth got disqualified for threatening to bring a in to pax and blue is prolly better this is comedy. You guys realize theirs an E in front of the sports for a reason.

Have u ever seen blu play

Backpack God

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Some people on that list arent top tier either and some of them are missing like Tarcis/Hman/Caed .

Im voting for BLU .

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Mike.4830

Some people can’t go, ik card
Caed got banned for attacking a dev on forums

Backpack God

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

Have u ever seen blu play[/quote]

Yeah hes just as good as everyone on that list. This isn’t sports where the commentator is some guy who can’t play at the level of the players. This is (let’s just call it Esports) where the shout casters can push their buttons just as well.

Not gonna be mean but the reason you didn’t go was because you tag along with teams and don’t do anything for the community. Anet knows as well as anyone that there more than 5 players at the same level they just choose the ones that participate in events and are good to the community.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Demonts.4593

Mike we all know your that Fat Kid who plays Video games. Now I don’t wanna here some kid bsing so please don’t no one will believe you. You play engi and you think your good that’s proof.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebris.9258

Tenebris.9258

You have undoubtedly put time and energy into the PvP community. The fact you were not given a unique place as a shoutcaster is a drastic oversight on Anet’s behalf. I fully support the idea of your being there as a shoutcaster. I’m surprised Grouch and co. didn’t make that a reality.

I do not comprehend, not do I support the prospect of you taking up a place on the “All-Star” team. Firstly, that is a spot quite a few other players rightfully deserve. Secondly, you will be a handicap for those NA players. No wonder some of the EU candidates are encouraging voters to vote for you.

Ultimately, the structure of this selection process is looking to eventuate as some kind of popularity contest rather than a true reflection of the “stars” skill-wise.

May the best man win…

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Demonts.4593

You have undoubtedly put time and energy into the PvP community. The fact you were not given a unique place as a shoutcaster is a drastic oversight on Anet’s behalf. I fully support the idea of your being there as a shoutcaster. I’m surprised Grouch and co. didn’t make that a reality.

I do not comprehend, not do I support the prospect of you taking up a place on the “All-Star” team. Firstly, that is a spot quite a few other players rightfully deserve. Secondly, you will be a handicap for those NA players. No wonder some of the EU candidates are encouraging voters to vote for you.

Ultimately, the structure of this selection process is looking to eventuate as some kind of popularity contest rather than a true reflection of the “stars” skill-wise.

May the best man win…

A spot that people rightfully deserve. You mean people that complain and think they’re good at the game. Though there’s 1000 people as good as them. You’re funny good joke. Once again there’s a reason there’s an E in front of the Sports.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Respect, BLU!
You have my vote.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: utmastuh.6985

utmastuh.6985

If I can beat any of these top tier players will anet send me to Germany for free too?

There should be an actual ladder where people fight each other to prove who is an allstar.

People have been wanting 1v1 and 2v2 ladders forever. It’s not that hard to create, so JUST DO IT and when you do create it please no more point capping or gimmicky maps. Make it plain and simple a death match.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You got my vote not only because of your ambition and work you’ve done for GW2 community, but mostly because my choosing dice rolling picked you up :P

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

i think perhaps you should have been sent as a shoutcaster, but no i don’t think you should be a part of the all-star team

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Full support Blu!

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Just my 2 cents;

I did not exactly pick those who synergizes well with one another, and was more aiming to the person (based on streams, youtube and general experience in game)…

Chances are that the teams are going to be semi-random can mean anything! Though it would of course be awesome to see the winning teams of ToL competing – I would find it way more enjoyable to see a bunch of good players adjusting their strategy according to what they got…

So to a point, it does and doesn’t matter whether Blu plays in the NA team – Yes, there are better players out there, but in a team they have not been playing in for months or even years, there might be a place where Blu shines… His knowledge is vast, he knows about strategies and basic rotations – within the right team setup he might just peform better than people give it to him…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

the people getting all kitteny at backpack are so ridiculous

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Blu you are an all star. You deservs it

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

BLU is probably the most influential guy in the whole GW2 community, even more than devs 0.o

You should go there imo, Europe is gonna own NA no matter what team they bring, so it’s not a big deal if you’re not at the level of top players ;P

BTW did you tried to ask Anet if they can bring you as a live shoucaster? You’re actually pretty kitten and can pump the hipe during matches!

PS: how can you live by organizing GW2 events? Do you even eat?

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Attachments:

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

People seem to be forgetting that Blu was actually a really good player previously. And additionally he deserves to go and probably isn’t much worse than the NA players who are generally considered to be at a much lower level to the EU players (generally only and idk if its true).

The NA community seems so unbelievably immature, rude and aggressive. In EU there are some guys renowned for being rude/obnoxious like some people. But they are rare. In NA it seems like MOST of the community are ego maniacs/immature children.

Pretty sad for those nice NA guys to be stuck in a small community which lacks dignity and doesn’t even have the competitive level of EU.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

People seem to be forgetting that Blu was actually a really good player previously. And additionally he deserves to go and probably isn’t much worse than the NA players who are generally considered to be at a much lower level to the EU players (generally only and idk if its true).

The NA community seems so unbelievably immature, rude and aggressive. In EU there are some guys renowned for being rude/obnoxious like shad/posi/a few others. But they are rare. In NA it seems like MOST of the community are ego maniacs/immature children.

Pretty sad for those nice NA guys to be stuck in a small community which lacks dignity and doesn’t even have the competitive level of EU.

Shad is actually the coolest top player i played and talked to in game.
So i dunno why you said that O.o

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

your really good shoutcaster blu, anet should invite you to every tourney free of expenses and let you shoutcast or even pay you for shoutcasting. but thats about what i think your really good at. you cant be 100% good at shoutcasting and 100% good at pvp just doesnt happen. dont take this as an insult. just cant be good in both shotcasting and pvp at the same time.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

your really good shoutcaster blu, anet should invite you to every tourney free of expenses and let you shoutcast or even pay you for shoutcasting. but thats about what i think your really good at. you cant be 100% good at shoutcasting and 100% good at pvp just doesnt happen. dont take this as an insult. just cant be good in both shotcasting and pvp at the same time.

That’s untrue. Helseth is good at both of them.

elite specs ruined pvp.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Helseth himself will tell you that he can’t do what Blu does. He has great insight when he’s casting with someone else, but he needs someone casting with him to fill in the gaps.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief