"BLU is not an all-star"

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: zacsux.2098

zacsux.2098

A little suggestion for you BLU, to help you prepare, earn respect, and more importantly, votes. Start accepting 1v1 challenges from your viewers/players. This will not only help with your micro skill level on your class, but teach you more of the mechanics vs other classes as well. I know the game mode isn’t based on 1v1 scenario’s too often but any top player will tell you that dueling other classes ,especially ones you’re having trouble against, will improve your skill tremendously.

That being said, in exchange for you beating said player in the 1v1, they shall cast a vote for you, that’s the deal.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Tilah.3041

Tilah.3041

Much luck to you, Blu! I did vote for you.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

People seem to be forgetting that Blu was actually a really good player previously. And additionally he deserves to go and probably isn’t much worse than the NA players who are generally considered to be at a much lower level to the EU players (generally only and idk if its true).

The NA community seems so unbelievably immature, rude and aggressive. In EU there are some guys renowned for being rude/obnoxious like shad/posi/a few others. But they are rare. In NA it seems like MOST of the community are ego maniacs/immature children.

Pretty sad for those nice NA guys to be stuck in a small community which lacks dignity and doesn’t even have the competitive level of EU.

Shad is actually the coolest top player i played and talked to in game.
So i dunno why you said that O.o

Fair enough I was just saying people who have been trolly in chat. I editted it to remove any name anyway. Perhaps all these people are nice enough idk. Was just going by chat that I remember from the past

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

One way or the other, you just have to go.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Skullduggery.2054

Skullduggery.2054

I voted for you, im looking forward to shake hands with you Blu, cya at Gamescom

Tom

Tom
—————-
No Johns

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Funny thing is all these guys who think they’re good wan’t to keep it that way and say blu is not as good. But blu is better than most of them if not all. And of you play engineer you don’t have right to talk. Keep spamming it guys.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Blu, in all honesty I do not even know why anyone has to vote for you to go at all. You are one of the only commentators in GW2 left. If anything ArenaNet, should have just paid for your expenses. Going as a player, I don’t see how you committed yourself to being a better player, and better acquainted, with this games knowledge, generals skills, and mechanics to be a player.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: thechamp.3092

thechamp.3092

Respect for Blu <3

Shad

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Gdb.3492

Gdb.3492

I think ArenaNet should be more grateful and respectful towards its developers. In turn, the developers should be towards the players. I will draw a lot of hate with this words but… it’s something that lately it’s diminishing always and always more.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: enzoh.5302

enzoh.5302

I don’t know what Arenanet is thinking by not sending Blu to cast this event. They should be grateful he does what he does. Without him there would be no competitive scene. You’ve done more for this game than any of these other “all-star” players. Have a vote from me buddy.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

After reading these posts it makes me a bit frustrated for a few reasons. Blu is getting votes just for his help to the community (which he’s done A LOT, don’t think I’m saying he doesn’t deserve to go to Germany), but as an “all-star” player in the tournament – I just don’t know… Blu, I’m glad you are taking the time to work on your game as I can imagine it’s hard to shoutcast all the time then practice on top of it so I hope you represent NA well assuming you get a spot – which you probably will based on comments I’ve seen.

Now the frustration part – it’s an “all-star” tournament invite. Blu has not established himself as a player at this point in time, simple as that. So why is he on the voting list as an “all star” player? Many of us don’t have the reputation Blu does just because he is ALWAYS streaming tournaments for the community to enjoy and his name is plastered everywhere, so now he may be taking one of the spots “away” (unless his hard work/practice gets him up to the level come August) because it seems the community is just voting for him since they “know him and not the others.”

The last frustration is to everyone saying they don’t know the players in the pool. I’m pretty sure if you watched a few of the ESL weeklies or checked out the teams that registered, you would see the players at one point or another.

I don’t think I’m the only one who feels this way… but Anet dropped the ball BIG on this one. Blu wholeheartedly deserves the trip, but it should be as a shoutcaster.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Gdb.3492

To be honest I guess that the only thing that’s “pathetic” about the “All Star Team” is Tage asking players to vote for a full TM/TCG or, whatever they want to be called, team. Everyone that has got even a small % of brain can understand that something smell bad in what is happening lately. Also regard BLU I’ve seen a lot of his streaming while he’s playing and I guess he deserve the spot like everyone else on that list, so players feel free to vote for him if you want.

(edited by Gdb.3492)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The last frustration is to everyone saying they don’t know the players in the pool. I’m pretty sure if you watched a few of the ESL weeklies or checked out the teams that registered, you would see the players at one point or another.

I watch a fair bit of the tournaments, I try to tune in to most of them, although I will often watch while doing something else. I don’t really pay attention to the names, unless I have some specific reason to (generally if I really love the comp or if they play Necromancer), because it isn’t all that important to me. So the people I know of in each region are because I know of them due to their out-of-game contributions, streams, or relation to players I know. Sure I’ve probably seen all these players multiple times, it doesn’t mean I remember or recognize them or their play, however.

Unfortunately, anything involving votes is a popularity contest, and certain individuals simply have put themselves out there more than others. There was a few weeks notice (at least 2 IIRC), so there was plenty of time for those players to stream and get their name out there a bit.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

I watch a fair bit of the tournaments, I try to tune in to most of them, although I will often watch while doing something else. I don’t really pay attention to the names, unless I have some specific reason to (generally if I really love the comp or if they play Necromancer), because it isn’t all that important to me. So the people I know of in each region are because I know of them due to their out-of-game contributions, streams, or relation to players I know. Sure I’ve probably seen all these players multiple times, it doesn’t mean I remember or recognize them or their play, however.

Unfortunately, anything involving votes is a popularity contest, and certain individuals simply have put themselves out there more than others. There was a few weeks notice (at least 2 IIRC), so there was plenty of time for those players to stream and get their name out there a bit.

Actually, it’s only one week “officially” to get your name out there, but I get where you’re coming from. You could post things like check this vid/my stream before the names were out, but if you mentioned being a candidate for the tournament, anet would remove you from the list. I’m mainly frustrated that Blu is king of popularity/advertisement through his streaming tournaments and not as a player, but he’s getting all the votes to represent as an “all star” player from NA. That’s where the issue lies. Again, he deserves to go, but as a player? Not sold on that…

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Actually, it’s only one week “officially” to get your name out there, but I get where you’re coming from. You could post things like check this vid/my stream before the names were out, but if you mentioned being a candidate for the tournament, anet would remove you from the list. I’m mainly frustrated that Blu is king of popularity/advertisement through his streaming tournaments and not as a player, but he’s getting all the votes to represent as an “all star” player from NA. That’s where the issue lies. Again, he deserves to go, but as a player? Not sold on that…

Officially yes, but the players on the list knew about it for at least 2 weeks before it was announced. You couldn’t publicly say “hey vote for me for allstars” but you could have started streaming, trying to be active on the forums, whatever to get publicity. If some players didn’t take advantage of this that is unfortunate but its on them.

Now, I’m not saying Blu should or shouldn’t go, but not trying to get more popular just before a popularity contest has fairly obvious results.

My PvP Minion Build

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Readymade.1672

Readymade.1672

My first response when I saw Blu as an all-star was that he isn’t in the top tier of NA players. I’m happy that he admitted as such, but he also has a valid point that he has never been part of a high-end team either.

Frankly, there are a lot of “not top tier” players on great teams because the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Indeed, this is why no one will ever agree on who are individually great players versus who gets carried either by their team or by a low skill-cap build (cough, Hiba and Backpack, cough).

My conclusion is that Blu could absolutely replace some of the lesser players on top-tier teams and they’d do just as well based on the level of dedication he is willing to put in. So screw it, he’s a great force for the game and people actually like him, he has my vote.

NA’s Original Staff Elementalist

(edited by Readymade.1672)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Gdb.3492

Officially yes, but the players on the list knew about it for at least 2 weeks before it was announced. You couldn’t publicly say “hey vote for me for allstars” but you could have started streaming, trying to be active on the forums, whatever to get publicity. If some players didn’t take advantage of this that is unfortunate but its on them.

Now, I’m not saying Blu should or shouldn’t go, but not trying to get more popular just before a popularity contest has fairly obvious results.

I got who I’m gonna vote. Obama! Who has never heard of him? It’s famous! It’ s popular! All that publicity as American President….. Yea gonna do it.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

I don’t think you realize what I’m trying to say… I know its a popularity contest and it is what it is. But Blu is popular from his casting of pvp events, not his play. That’s what I’m getting at. Hence, he should be invited by anet to do just that.

Not taking advantage of posting self promotion for players is on them, they had the chance to do it – I completely agree and I’m not arguing. But honestly, who is going to click on a stream of a player they haven’t heard of before when you see Blu or Oeggs or somebody else who already has a couple hundred viewers tuned in. Odds are you click on them to watch rather than the guy you aren’t familiar with and has <20 viewers. Make sense? You basically have to pray you get their attention somehow and they tune in to you rather than the other guy who’s established as a streamer.

(edited by Chaotic.9742)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I just would like to say in advance that if the tone or wording I use in this post offends anyone, I do apologize, this is an extremely important issue to me, and I would like to have my chance to retaliate to some of the comments being made today.

So to reply to the phrase in the title, maybe I’m not. That does not, however, mean I lack the commitment or the drive to get myself to that level.

When I first heard about Gamescom I was hype, same as anybody else was because holy kitten we actually have a Guild Wars LAN happening again. I had thought there would be an opportunity for me to shoutcast this event, but unfortunately ArenaNet was unable to accommodate this. I then tried to see if there was anyway I would be able to send myself there, but alas as with any American college student I dont have the 2500 USD or more to send myself to Germany, especially with this little notice.

When this fact finally sunk into me it sucked, and I was mad, not at ArenaNet, because I understand fine that stuff happens, but mad in general that, for the second time now, I wouldn’t be able to go to a Guild Wars event LIVE and meet the people I have worked besides and become friends with over the past two years now. It was then that I was invited as one of the all stars.

At first glance I was surprised too, because again, for the majority of my time in this game I have been a caster, and I haven’t played on an official team in quite some time, but seeing as this was my only chance to go and I have no guarantee there will ever be another GW2 LAN, I took this as an opportunity to better myself.

I am 300% committed to earning my nomination. Quite a few top tier players have already told me that my communication and general team play is good, and that only my mechanical skill needs work. If that means I have to spend 12, 18, or more hours each day playing and getting myself to the level of others on that list, I will do it. There is still over a month between now and Gamescom, and I personally believe that by the time it rolls around, I can be ready. I have no job, this is my job. I run tournaments and cast Guild Wars. That leaves me with all the free time I need to play, practice and improve.

My life for the past two years now has been (as pathetic as this sounds) about 90% Guild Wars and attempting to keep the scene alive, and the opportunity to finally see that evolve into a live event would mean more than the world to me. If you don’t believe I can prepare myself, that’s fine, but if you do, your votes and faith in me would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I’m literally going to base my opinion off of the official statement from this link. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/your-vote-decides-the-guildwars2-international-all-stars-teams/

In there it states that “top players” to go against each other in the tournament, we all know you are indeed not a “top player”. We are well aware that you have invested a lot of time in trying to make the community grow, despite whether it has or not, it does not say we are sending the most “committed” players, it says top players. If it was most committed players I would take a wild guess that ostrich eggs, would probably be on that list almost before anyone else from the amount of time he has spent playing. And I say probably because other people could be more committed than him, he was just the first person that came to mind.

So in short A-net says one thing, and then does another. I’m not really shocked by it at this point from all that has happened with this game in general. Personally I think that there should be a completely different vote that the players decide what casters should host in the tournament, and I don’t think that the vote should be limited to who’s in the official shoutcaster program. Sure it means A-net chose those people to cast, but personally I believe if you left a vote solely to the players, then the people chosen to take the seat for the shoutcast spot would not be limited to who holds a fancy title by A-net. And doing so might get the viewers this game desperately needs. At face value this means a lot.

Personally I think A-net should pay for the expense for whoever shoutcasts their event. To not do so is a cheap move in my opinion.

Countless

(edited by Trigr.6481)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Blu deserves to go simply because of the time and effort he puts in to all things GW2.

+1 to Blu for making the post
-1 to the mofos hating him for making it

Oh yeah, one more thing for Blu, if he doesn’t make it he should totally make a “Kickstarter” thing. It worked for some guys potato salad

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

He’s better than everyone else who plays this game considering most of them are 13 years old.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I don’t think you realize what I’m trying to say… I know its a popularity contest and it is what it is. But Blu is popular from his casting of pvp events, not his play. That’s what I’m getting at. Hence, he should be invited by anet to do just that.

Yes, but allstars are entirely about viewers choice, and lets be real, eu is going to destroy any team from na because the entire roster of tcg is available while na has no chance of forming an actual team.

On that note I only picked bullet cannon or w/e his name is from eu because the other names were boring.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Chaotic and some other guyz

your sympathic lvl will not rise with this “hating” on someone the comunity likes – it only make you looking jealous

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This is going to be an All Star game between players that have shown to be the best over the last year or so.

You deserve to be there Blu, but not because youre one of the best. You know that and we know that aswell.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This is going to be an All Star game between players that have shown to be the best over the last year or so.

You deserve to be there Blu, but not because youre one of the best. You know that and we know that aswell.

Nobody can deny that blu should be at the event, but as an “all star” player I can think of (and so can he) more deserving players to be representative of NA.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

many other players that play better that you and deserved to be there, won’t.
I see no valid reason why you get the chance to go and better players don’t.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

You’re emo for all the wrong reasons. You seem to be confusing this event with some sort of top-tier competitive tournament, where personal ability is the factor that decides whether a person is qualified to participate. In actuality this event is about as far from competitive as can be. Gamescom is a show match between PUGs made up of folks in the GW2 PvP scene. I repeat, a show match. As such, BLU is probably the most qualified person to go.

Think what you will of BLU’s personal skill as a PvPer, that’s totally irrelevant. The dude has done more for the PvP scene than anybody else, even more than ANet themselves. There would be no scene if it wasn’t for BLU. It would be ludicrous if one of the most recognizable names in GW2 PvP did not participate in a promotional event such as this.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

You’re emo for all the wrong reasons. You seem to be confusing this event with some sort of top-tier competitive tournament, where personal ability is the factor that decides whether a person is qualified to participate. In actuality this event is about as far from competitive as can be. Gamescom is a show match between PUGs made up of folks in the GW2 PvP scene. I repeat, a show match. As such, BLU is probably the most qualified person to go.

Think what you will of BLU’s personal skill as a PvPer, that’s totally irrelevant. The dude has done more for the PvP scene than anybody else, even more than ANet themselves. There would be no scene if it wasn’t for BLU. It would be ludicrous if one of the most recognizable names in GW2 PvP did not participate in a promotional event such as this.

ok then, I admit I misunderstood, sorry for that.

Still, why did they not invite Caed (known streamer) or Symbolic, and many other that regularly stream?

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

there are reasons why some players not on list and only arenanet knows

somewhere in here in forum someone wrote caed is banned cause talked kitten to a dev
oder peoples are not invited cause to young or whatever

and anway – you guyz can stop kittening bout blu has to go or not and just make you looking bad with this – the VOTERS DECIDE WHO GO – so just have fun

and when you ask why blu and not you than its simple “People like him more than they like you” < – only you can change this

(edited by Romek.4201)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

You deserve it Blu, you dedicated yourself to help GW2 pvp MUCH more than Anet has. They should get you there regardless.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

BLU you are an average player……and as you said in your topic you are sacrificing your personal life and time to a game….TO A GAME!!! I mean dont be so stupid as I was 5 years back and invest it to sports/girls/parties/traveling you live only once man……games are for fun but they shouldnt be a job.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Pain.3602

Phantom Pain.3602

Blu does more for the PvP community than anyone else on the NA “All-Star” list. If anyone deserves a spot it’s him.

Valor, Honor, Bravery
Zeroes to Heroes [zH]

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

your really good shoutcaster blu, anet should invite you to every tourney free of expenses and let you shoutcast or even pay you for shoutcasting. but thats about what i think your really good at. you cant be 100% good at shoutcasting and 100% good at pvp just doesnt happen. dont take this as an insult. just cant be good in both shotcasting and pvp at the same time.

That’s untrue. Helseth is good at both of them.

Helseth attempting to be funny by repeating the same ‘jokes’ over and over again isn’t what I would call good casting.

Blu deserves this more than anyone else. I can’t believe he didn’t straight up get an invite.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

It’s funny how people still are arguing against the naysayers calling anyone who says something negative about is jealous, stupid, a kitten, etc.

This is a real issue because if you go the news page, read the first paragraph and you see “This exhibition match will pit top players from North America, Europe, and China against each other in the first truly global Guild Wars 2 event.”

Now read that. Pause and think. “Top players.” Is Blu a known top player? If yes, advance without problem. If no, why put him on the list? Now, realistically, I think the latter response of No is what most would answer if you look at this without bias. But wait, maybe Anet wants him to come since all the hard work he’s put in to make pvp better but they won’t fly him out in addition to the players for the matches. The solution? Throw him in the voting pool. Now that’s why people are upset. He’s getting votes for what he does to help the community (which nobody has a problem with, it’s amazing what he does for all of us) rather than being a “top player” as stated in the description of who is invited to this event. Can you understand the frustration? Either Anet needs to word things better or they need to do what they say in order to prevent these arguments from cropping up. We all know Blu deserves to go, but well…read the post and tell me you don’t understand why this doesn’t seem quite right…

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

BLU you are an average player……and as you said in your topic you are sacrificing your personal life and time to a game….TO A GAME!!! I mean dont be so stupid as I was 5 years back and invest it to sports/girls/parties/traveling you live only once man……games are for fun but they shouldnt be a job.

This.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

To address the main concerns of the thread, the decision to not include Blu as a shoutcaster is not an oversight. The All-Stars event is taking place on European soil, and as such, we want to highlight some of the European casters who do a tremendous job of supporting the game.

I also want to make sure we’re not throwing our casters to the wolves. Casting from your bedroom/living room is a lot different than casting in-front of a live audience, and I can speak on this from experience. I’ll be working with our EU casters for the event to make sure that they have the proper support needed to make the event a success. The transition from the bedroom to the stage is quite jarring.

We realize Blu is a huge part of our community, and to pay homage to him we decided to include him in the All-Stars roster so that you, the community, can decide on whether or not you’d want him to represent North America.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Translation of what Grouch said:

“We are too cheap to pay for BLU to go as a caster, so we put it on the community to give up an actual all-star game to do what we wouldn’t”

This is despite the fact that paying someone to organize tourneys like he does would cost way more than his ticket to go. So we end up with either a farce of an all-star game (in which case why call it that) or screwing one of the people who contributed the most to the scene.

If you aren’t actually trying to show-case the game as played at the top-level, why not just invite all of the most popular players who have supported the game. In that case, somebody like Shinryuku should be on the ballot, even though he only casually pvp’s occasionally. Alternatively, why not make the European casters earn their placement there on the ballot, as well, as they haven’t done nearly as much as BLU to support the scene.

Would people from EU be as stern about supporting a European caster over someone from TCG?

European Casters were chosen b/c its cheap to invite them, even though they don’t do NEARLY as much as combined as BLU has done.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think the good thing for ArenaNet is the game — and particularly the PvP community — is small enough that they can get away with it. If Blizzard tried to invite Swifty to an all-star WOW tournament, for instance, there would be a huge uproar. Here, it’s just like, whatever, the game isn’t that competitive anyway.

Grouch’s defense is really odd, though. Everyone knows that the vote is just going to be a popularity contest. So obviously the person with the most name recognition in the small, fractured PvP community will win — and that’s Blu, even though most people also know he’s not good at the game. So by nominating Blu, ArenaNet had to know he would win, or they’re just not privy to basics about popular votes.

Come to think of it, the idea of putting this to a popular vote negates any of its value. It’s just an expensive waste of time for ArenaNet. It won’t get that many viewers, because conquest just isn’t spectator-friendly, and it won’t even showcase the game at a high level of play.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I love your passion, drive, and determination. And hey, maybe I just have a thing for underdogs. You have my vote Blu! Maybe you can make a “Rocky” story out of it

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Since Gamescom is taking place on the European soil, they want the Euros to win. And by including BLU, who is naturally a superb shoutcaster, if voted to the NA team will make the odds to the Euro’s favor.

Unless BLU gets really good in short span of time. One can improve in a constant play for 1 month.. And there are classes that are easy to play.. See, this game is simple and 4 people can carry a person.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You guys all take this too seriously. Should Blu go or not go? It doesn’t matter. The mistake ANET made was in calling this “all-stars”. It should have been “Top end players that ANET likes”. That would explain why some of the absolute best people aren’t even on this list.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Since Gamescom is taking place on the European soil, they want the Euros to win. And by including BLU, who is naturally a superb shoutcaster, if voted to the NA team will make the odds to the Euro’s favor.

EU is going to win most likely anyway, they have an entire team roster on their voting list.

My PvP Minion Build

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

You guys all take this too seriously. Should Blu go or not go? It doesn’t matter. The mistake ANET made was in calling this “all-stars”. It should have been “Top end players that ANET likes”. That would explain why some of the absolute best people aren’t even on this list.

Or as it has been said, the absolute best people you may be thinking about couldn’t go during the time it happens/didn’t want to go. I do agree with the first part though, this should not be called an “all-stars” tournament.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Zirith.6429

Or as it has been said, the absolute best people you may be thinking about couldn’t go during the time it happens/didn’t want to go. I do agree with the first part though, this should not be called an “all-stars” tournament.

From the googles:
allstars
Web definitions
All-star is a term designating an individual as having a high level of performance in their field. Originating in sports, it has since drifted into vernacular and been borrowed heavily by the entertainment industry. It can also be used for a group of individuals, who are popular in certain areas.

Allstars hasnt meant the best of the best for any sport in a long time bud.

Like I said before, if it truly was an olden days allstars then specific teams would be selected by merit.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Zirith.6429

Grouch I’ve lost so much respect for you for stating such a blatant lie. Showcase European casters my kitten . Does Blu not cast every European event? As fr as I know he does. I realize its not your decision probably but don’t you dare come here and LIE to us.
By the way letting you know this was worth being banned on the forums for insulting a dev or whatever it is

You won’t get banned for that lol, but ya there is like jebro and helseth sometimes, and jebro reminds me of blu when he was just starting out (kinda annoying but shoutcasting takes a ton of practice to not be annoying), literally the only reason blu isnt casting it is because anet has already put esports in the ground.

It is kinda funny cus with a few qol changes and more frequent balancing pvp could generate just as much money from gem store by attracting the bored pve playerbase that just quits after they finish living story. Just look at how popular gw1 pvp was compared to the rest of the game, really miss that :/

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

From the googles:
allstars
Web definitions
All-star is a term designating an individual as having a high level of performance in their field. Originating in sports, it has since drifted into vernacular and been borrowed heavily by the entertainment industry. It can also be used for a group of individuals, who are popular in certain areas.

Allstars hasnt meant the best of the best for any sport in a long time bud.

Like I said before, if it truly was an olden days allstars then specific teams would be selected by merit.

So using your wonderful definition we actually further prove my/others point rather than you trying to make us look like we don’t understand english. Is Blu an “individual having a high level of performance in the field of competitive tpvp play?” Gonna have to say no on that. Is he an “individual having a high level of performance in the field of shoutcasting?” Absolutely, hands down.

English is fun. By defining “field” we can correctly apply your definition for this scenario. Comparing shoutcasting pvp to playing pvp is like apples to oranges, so “field” can not remain broad, as you seem to define it, and hold any truth.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Zirith.6429

That was the old definition bud, this allstars has nothing to do with skilled players it is for entertaining the 10 remaining esports fans and the 1000 pvers hoping to win a a prize.

But then again they are having a lan at gamescom and hopefully flying people out so this might be leading to a big pvp announcement.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I strongly suspect BLU is a Cantaloupe!
But he’s our Cantaloupe!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

BLU, remember: it’s OK to fail.

You can put your heart into something, but that doesn’t mean you can carry the whole company. Sometimes you need to understand when to cut your losses and move on to something with a better return on investment.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I will be perfectly honest, prior to this last tournament I knew very little off the pvp community but I had still heard your name.

Pvp for me has been quite dull ever since I earned my dragon and 4 champion titles, however after playing through the NA Tol2, I realize that you are responsible for keeping this community alive and not just “alive” but quite exciting.

Regardless of your skill level, you deserve to go more than any other player in this community. My vote goes to you, best of luck and hope you make it.