"BLU is not an all-star"

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

BLU, remember: it’s OK to fail.

You can put your heart into something, but that doesn’t mean you can carry the whole company. Sometimes you need to understand when to cut your losses and move on to something with a better return on investment.

Blu, the community really appreciates all you have done for the scene to this point, but remember this: “Actions speak louder than words.” Consider ANet’s actions and what they are (implicitly) saying to you before you continue to spend more of your time supporting the scene (free of charge).

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Commentary is a two person job. This is why you never see a solo shout caster. There is a play by play and colour commentator. This being the case, a European and North American caster would make a nice mix. However, not all things are possible.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Blu, I like you and I mean no disrespect, but as a player, I don’t think you deserve to be on the All Star team when there are many great players that have put more into -playing- competitive games than you have and have achieved better success.

I look at this in a similar way as to how you viewed the first ToL you organised – you gave certain teams free entry because you felt they deserved it and were the top teams, conversely, you are not a top player in GW2 PvP and there are plenty of top players who deserve a place before you do. While you have obviously contributed a huge effort into GW2 PvP, you haven’t done so as a competitive player.

That said, I do think you deserved to have been sent there as a shoutcaster considering all the time and dedication you have put into keeping competitive GW2 tPvP alive and this is a massive oversight by Anet which has genuinely surprised me.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

No offense but you have spent way too much time supporting a company that doesn’t really give a rat’s behind about spvp. A couple of devs caring does not equal a company caring. To be honest these tournaments and this all-star nonsense is insulting to me as someone that just wants them to, you know, actually balance the game and add features they have been promising us forver like meaningful ladders and seasons and real pvp rewards and different game modes. Its like bread and circuses and in ancient Rome. I honestly feel like a lot of you should be embarrassed with your lemming like devotion to this game. Believe it or not blind loyalty doesn’t get results. Not playing the game in large numbers is what gets results although in this case I am not even sure that would as they are raking in the $$$$$ from pve and wvwvw.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

People play the pvp because it is really fun, and if the entire pvp community stopped caring anet would just abandon it entirely instead of barely supporting it once a year. :/

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No offense but you have spent way too much time supporting a company that doesn’t really give a rat’s behind about spvp. A couple of devs caring does not equal a company caring. To be honest these tournaments and this all-star nonsense is insulting to me as someone that just wants them to, you know, actually balance the game and add features they have been promising us forver like meaningful ladders and seasons and real pvp rewards and different game modes. Its like bread and circuses and in ancient Rome. I honestly feel like a lot of you should be embarrassed with your lemming like devotion to this game. Believe it or not blind loyalty doesn’t get results. Not playing the game in large numbers is what gets results although in this case I am not even sure that would as they are raking in the $$$$$ from pve and wvwvw.

WvW is the only thing that gets updated the same amount as PvP. All WvW has received is an EotM map which is more PvE than anything.

GW2 is, and always has been, focused on PvE.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

It’s ok man! Your like the Wii fit trainer in Super Smash Brothers. =D

lol <3

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Lets be real, you are not a good player. You deserve to cast this 100%. You should not play on the all star team. You’re not going to get “great” in one month. Sorry to break it to you, but if you play with the NA team, there is absolutely no way NA will win…. and don’t think you have good decision and rotation skills from casting.. every time you give advice in games it is wrong

Nailed it.

Snow Crows [SC]

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

After 107 comments in one topic about a single person, I think that person is “all star”.

Let’s just face it: he is the best of the best player out there, and deserves all the prizes in the world for what he did (I do not know what exactly, but he must have done something to receive 107 comments).

He gave his most precious time of life for this community and deserves to be called “all star”. If that is what makes him happy, then so be it. We should try to have positive thinking and make other people feel good and happy in their short life.

Congratulations BLUna.7928 for being whatever you want to be! In my opinion you are truly an “all star”.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Allie.9268

Allie.9268

Ok, I’m going to step out of the shadows to respond to this.

Blu has contributed more to this community than anyone else in it. He is an all-star, and deserves to go to Germany and play alongside the people he has been promoting for the past year and a half.

It’s sad seeing some of the top players making disparaging remarks toward him. If you ever want to be taken seriously as a professional gamer, you should consider changing your attitude and acting like an actual professional. That includes being able to graciously accept when a decision is made.

Blu, you do not need defend yourself here. I want you to look at every all-star list for any sport ever played, and tell me that everyone on that list is at equal skill level (guess what, they are not). Now, consider that there are people in the world that need to make others feel bad, or people in the world that don’t know when they make others feel bad. This is the time we live in, and this is how online gaming communities work. They are a microcosm for all the highs and lows in life.

I have been in your shoes before. It’s hard being a public figure. It makes you an easy target. Just know that you are not alone, and know that this is a small blip in the great things you have done for GW2; people will move on.

I hope you will not become too discouraged by this, because you are still loved by many.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think you’re overestimating how seriously “professional” players want to be taken. This game isn’t big enough for people to care all that much.

Real sports’ all-star lists don’t have players of equal skill level, but they also don’t have pity- or favor-driven nominations of players who aren’t pros or, for that matter, any good.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

Blu definitely deserve to go. Voted for blu , zombify and phantaram for NA, these players deserve to go the most imo and i hope they all get in

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Blu has contributed more to this community than anyone else in it. He is an all-star, and deserves to go to Germany and play alongside the people he has been promoting for the past year and a half.

It’s sad seeing some of the top players making disparaging remarks toward him. If you ever want to be taken seriously as a professional gamer, you should consider changing your attitude and acting like an actual professional. That includes being able to graciously accept when a decision is made.

Blu, you do not need defend yourself here. I want you to look at every all-star list for any sport ever played, and tell me that everyone on that list is at equal skill level (guess what, they are not). Now, consider that there are people in the world that need to make others feel bad, or people in the world that don’t know when they make others feel bad. This is the time we live in, and this is how online gaming communities work. They are a microcosm for all the highs and lows in life.

I have been in your shoes before. It’s hard being a public figure. It makes you an easy target. Just know that you are not alone, and know that this is a small blip in the great things you have done for GW2; people will move on.

I hope you will not become too discouraged by this, because you are still loved by many.

To me this was quite an illogical response you typed up Allie. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and defend a company you likely hold near and dear to you. He deserves to go for shoutcasting, not as a competitor and nobody is denying that notion.

Your “all-star list for any sport” comment is completely laughable. Of course everyone is not going to perform the same, it’s called being human. The problem in the conclusion you are drawing is that an all-star list from any sport is simply what it says, a list of all star players in that sport. Is Blu a true, top notch, astounding player? I personally am not sold on that notion, nor are others. There is quite a disparaging separation between his skill and the others on the all-star list to vote for. Such a disparity is not seen in “any sport ever played” when they are having a TRUE all-star roster. Do you ever see a backup quarterback voted to the pro-bowl in the NFL? I’ve never seen it. But even if that did happen, at least he was already one of the elite players by being in the NFL. Now extrapolate that to the current situation, is Blu known as an amazing player? No, he’s known for his shoutcasting. Apples to oranges. If this was called a “Favorite Players Tournament” then sure, put Blu up there hands down and the arguing goes away. But when you read “All-Stars tournament” it is expected that these participants will be the best in the game and put on a great show of skillful play for the viewers.

The definition of all-star seems to be inconsistent among the general understanding of what it stands for and how it is being applied here. Blu is an all-star pvp shoutcaster – absolutely. His all-star pvp play is questionable. Therefore, why is it illogical for people to be upset about his name being on the list for an “All-Star Tournament” when he doesn’t fit the definition?

Furthermore, you mention “disparaging remarks” made from the top players and how we can be taken professionally when we voice our disdain. I ask from you to think for a second about how it feels for us to see our names touted as skillful “All-Star” players beside the name of a famous shoutcaster, Blu. How does that make our efforts and time invested in this game seem? Pretty insignificant to be honest. So you want us to sit back and be gracious about getting slapped in the face by this mockery of an “All-Star” roster? Sure, some of the comments were written harshly by some, but what you are asking is for us to bite our tongues and smile while Blu is nominated as a member of our level and just roll with it. I find that asinine.

We are not just a vicious online community trying to make Blu feel bad for fun. We are simply a community that has been neglected, beaten, and pushed to the back burner one time too many. This tournament was seen as a recognition for the top end players and it has turned into a farce.

Hopefully you find my response “professional” as apparently you feel that we all lack that virtue.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Well said.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

This tournament was seen as a recognition for the top end players and it has turned into a farce.

This kittening no-cash tourmament is a way to found out , wich ppl will be the winners and show in the State of the Game with Grouch .
They need to restart the conection of the top players + devs about what the future balance plans should be .
Now if they say :: ‘’My class is fine , buff all the other’’ , then is PAX2 we will have the same money prize as last year and we will have to make plans for an other one ….

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

#necitortryingtobesmart

The salt is real.

Not really salty, since I have no desire to go after seeing the roster of players and who are likely the ones going.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Allie.9268

I ask from you to think for a second about how it feels for us to see our names touted as skillful “All-Star” players beside the name of a famous shoutcaster, Blu. How does that make our efforts and time invested in this game seem? Pretty insignificant to be honest. So you want us to sit back and be gracious about getting slapped in the face by this mockery of an “All-Star” roster? Sure, some of the comments were written harshly by some, but what you are asking is for us to bite our tongues and smile while Blu is nominated as a member of our level and just roll with it. I find that asinine.

We are not just a vicious online community trying to make Blu feel bad for fun. We are simply a community that has been neglected, beaten, and pushed to the back burner one time too many. This tournament was seen as a recognition for the top end players and it has turned into a farce.

Hopefully you find my response “professional” as apparently you feel that we all lack that virtue.

This isn’t about YOU. This is about a few people who can’t put their own feelings aside for the sake of someone who deserves all the love from this community. And yes, I’m asking you to bite your tongue, because doing so is what is best for GW2 PvP. If you don’t see that, I’m sorry, but you seriously have to choose your battles more wisely.

All you are doing right now is putting someone in the limelight that has done nothing but good for this community, while holding GW2 PvP to some arbitrary industry standard. Guess what? Your argument here is not going to fix the GW2 PvP scene. If you disagree with Blu being on the All-Star roster, that is fine, but there is no reason to publicly call him out. You are not handling this in a way that is conducive to the growth of GW2 PvP. End of story.

Also, this has nothing to do with my connection to ArenaNet, and everything to do with my sense of compassion toward other human beings.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think it’s completely normal that people are troubled someone got an all-star nomination just because the developers like him. That kind of favoritism is normally looked down upon in competitions that are supposed to be more meritocratic.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

One big mistake ANet made was allowing the nominees to post here asking for votes. That goes for all of them that posted here for votes.

They got to have their say here for EU:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/International-All-Stars-Vote-Discussion/first#post4191648

and here for NA
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/International-All-Stars-Vote-Discussion/first#post4191649

This forum should not have been used for requesting or lobbying for votes..

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

I ask from you to think for a second about how it feels for us to see our names touted as skillful “All-Star” players beside the name of a famous shoutcaster, Blu. How does that make our efforts and time invested in this game seem? Pretty insignificant to be honest. So you want us to sit back and be gracious about getting slapped in the face by this mockery of an “All-Star” roster? Sure, some of the comments were written harshly by some, but what you are asking is for us to bite our tongues and smile while Blu is nominated as a member of our level and just roll with it. I find that asinine.

This isn’t about YOU. This is about a few people who can’t put their own feelings aside for the sake of someone who deserves all the love from this community. And yes, I’m asking you to bite your tongue, because doing so is what is best for GW2 PvP. If you don’t see that, I’m sorry, but you seriously have to choose your battles more wisely.

All you are doing right now is putting someone in the limelight that has done nothing but good for this community, while holding GW2 PvP to some arbitrary industry standard. Guess what? Your argument here is not going to fix the GW2 PvP scene. If you disagree with Blu being on the All-Star roster, that is fine, but there is no reason to publicly call him out. You are not handling this in a way that is conducive to the growth of GW2 PvP. End of story.

Also, this has nothing to do with my connection to ArenaNet, and everything to do with my sense of compassion toward other human beings.

Sorry but I feel this is absolutely a great battle to choose to hold Anet accountable to what they say/do.

So where do we voice our opinions and our dissatisfaction over what Anet has done if not the game forums? This is the best way for exposure and for others to voice themselves as well. The issue is Anet said one thing and has done another and now you (and others) are calling us monsters for saying Blu doesn’t fill the requirements to represent NA as an all star player. It’s not a personal attack against Blu, he just happens to be the one Anet threw to the curb because they are too stingy to fly him out to shoutcast which is something he absolutely deserves.

We are mad at Anet for listing Blu on the roster and we are saying why he doesn’t belong but doing so makes lack compassion for others apparently. His name comes up because we are trying to get Anet to see their wrongdoing and hoping they will admit it and do what they should have from the start — fly Blu to Germany and make a roster of 5 top players for NA.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Allie.9268

Sorry but I feel this is absolutely a great battle to choose to hold Anet accountable to what they say/do.

So where do we voice our opinions and our dissatisfaction over what Anet has done if not the game forums? This is the best way for exposure and for others to voice themselves as well. The issue is Anet said one thing and has done another and now you (and others) are calling us monsters for saying Blu doesn’t fill the requirements to represent NA as an all star player. It’s not a personal attack against Blu, he just happens to be the one Anet threw to the curb because they are too stingy to fly him out to shoutcast which is something he absolutely deserves.

We are mad at Anet for listing Blu on the roster and we are saying why he doesn’t belong but doing so makes lack compassion for others apparently. His name comes up because we are trying to get Anet to see their wrongdoing and hoping they will admit it and do what they should have from the start — fly Blu to Germany and make a roster of 5 top players for NA.

Why is it necessary to call Blu out, though? Why not keep it anonymous? I’m not saying you shouldn’t be upset. I’m not saying that you should not say anything. I’m saying that you’re not being tactful in preserving one of the best members of this community.

"BLU is not an all-star"

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since this topic has turned more into arguing than a discussion, it is now closed.