BUFF WARRIOR

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Peppercats.5740

Peppercats.5740

Who’s idea was it to nerf warrior, then go on to buffing all the other classes, so that warrior is a peice of trash? It’s so frusterating, i used to be able to wipe entire teams and now i get stunlocks and killed in one hit. The worst part is that the team buffed necro, which was OP before. Someone explain this

Attachments:

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

All my opinio: Believe it or not, anet found themselves in a pretty uncomfortable situation regarding warrior. Warrior is still extremely good for WvW, but absolute crap in PvP. So, when you buff warrior in PvP, it becomes op in WvW. And vice versa. Another example of balance having to be split.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

All my opinio: Believe it or not, anet found themselves in a pretty uncomfortable situation regarding warrior. Warrior is still extremely good for WvW, but absolute crap in PvP. So, when you buff warrior in PvP, it becomes op in WvW. And vice versa. Another example of balance having to be split.

I disagree… most warriors will have true 1 vs 1 against someone with equal gear or skill. Don’t be blinded by the wvw videos posted by vanxx, shin, etc.. Unlike spvp, in wvw gear matter. So wvw or split balance is not the problem. Now I am no way saying that warriors are weak.2 but when everyone and their mom can carry by either placing traps are having fear/boon removal on auto whilst warrior always get slapped at the end of every season… you know we have a problem

@OP warrior will never be OP again, cause I have a feeling that’s what you are asking for ’s so frusterating, i used to be able to wipe entire teams and now i get stu.. thats OP dude.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I disagree… most warriors will have true 1 vs 1 against someone with equal gear or skill. Don’t be blinded by the wvw videos posted by vanxx, shin, etc.. Unlike spvp, in wvw gear matter. So wvw or split balance is not the problem. Now I am no way saying that warriors are weak.2 but when everyone and their mom can carry by either placing traps are having fear/boon removal on auto whilst warrior always get slapped at the end of every season… you know we have a problem

@OP warrior will never be OP again, cause I have a feeling that’s what you are asking for ’s so frusterating, i used to be able to wipe entire teams and now i get stu.. thats OP dude.

I know the feeling of getting the short end of the stick. I found it in Tempest myself. Although d/f tempest is currently in the meta, I don’t enjoy being a supporting healbot and nothing more. I find it fun in PvE, since people appreciate your good healing, but in PvP/WvW people don’t even realize it.
As for warrior, one of the best abilites (and a balanced one) is Eviscerate. Easy to dodge but deals massive damage, requires setting up burst (just like ele Phoenix now that I think of it). I wish they made abilities in the game more like this, with apparent strengths and weaknesses. That I think is the core of the problem with warrior, or better yet, that’s the reason warrior is bad right now. So many HoT abilities have no clear weakness, and warrior has very few of these kinds of abilities (gunflame tho, completely OP)
Yea, I might have gotten carried away by warrior roaming by Vaanss, but now that I think of it, I would rather face him with than a druid kiting with bow, or any current top tier build actually.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I know the feeling of getting the short end of the stick. I found it in Tempest myself. Although d/f tempest is currently in the meta, I don’t enjoy being a supporting healbot and nothing more. I find it fun in PvE, since people appreciate your good healing, but in PvP/WvW people don’t even realize it.
As for warrior, one of the best abilites (and a balanced one) is Eviscerate. Easy to dodge but deals massive damage, requires setting up burst (just like ele Phoenix now that I think of it). I wish they made abilities in the game more like this, with apparent strengths and weaknesses. That I think is the core of the problem with warrior, or better yet, that’s the reason warrior is bad right now. So many HoT abilities have no clear weakness, and warrior has very few of these kinds of abilities (gunflame tho, completely OP)
Yea, I might have gotten carried away by warrior roaming by Vaanss, but now that I think of it, I would rather face him with than a druid kiting with bow, or any current top tier build actually.

My greatest fear is that rather than making Burst skills more reliable by adding traits that counter blinds and the like, they’ll just speed them up and increase adrenaline gain and turn the class just as spammy as everything else is atm. Heck, Berserker already made Burst skills more spammable as it is.

I really, really hope that they keep Burst skills as something that are devastating but require good timing to land. Even Gun Flame is fairly predictable as it is now. Adding an evade to Rifle was also a good idea to give Wars active sustain.

Wars need a major rework imo. I HATE that I can have 2 stances up at once, it makes no sense. I also dislike traits like Endure Pain and Last Stand that basically play the game for me.

I want a system like the one I described here more and more as time goes by. It’s about time the class got some more complexity like GW1.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Who’s idea was it to nerf warrior, then go on to buffing all the other classes, so that warrior is a peice of trash? It’s so frusterating, i used to be able to wipe entire teams and now i get stunlocks and killed in one hit. The worst part is that the team buffed necro, which was OP before. Someone explain this

Yea buff em so much a warrior can just … go in there, and tell his team “Bruh.. I got dis” Wait what.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

If revenant did not exist, warrior would be in a good spot.
Lose to condi mesmers
Lose to bruiser engineers
Lose to sustainy rangers
Other matchups are reasonable.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lose to condi mesmers
Lose to sustainy rangers

This

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Warriors are underpowered right now because of the insane power creep every other class has experienced.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Warriors are underpowered right now because of the insane power creep every other class has experienced.

This is the biggest problem for thief as well. A few nerfs to some of the classes that are too strong would help a lot.

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Lose to condi mesmers
Lose to sustainy rangers

More or less this. Sustained Rangers are probably the weakest of our counters here but overall, those three we lose to are literally at the top of the game in the meta.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

BUFF WARRIOR

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

war is fine, nerf power creep (cough scrapper, cought rev, cough reaper)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>