[BUG] Hits don't interrupt downed #4 skill

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Just happened to me in team arena, temple of the silent storm.

I downed one ele and he was rezing himself using the downed skill, and my hits would not interrupt his healing cast.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Yep. It’s already happened a few times in the last hour.

MORE BUGS!

in PvP

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Thanks for the report! We’ve identified the issue and are working on a fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

There was very minimal testing, and the only result of testing that they care about is “is it like the funnest?”

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

So people who make mistakes should just be fired? Hey, next time you mess up at your job, no need to come back? Really?

This is a video game, not a life and death business. As such, do you guys prefer having regular updates, possibly containing bugs (then quickly fixed and learnt from), or indigent/sparse updates, possibly bug-free?

Developers and managers are real humans, doing their best like many of us, and the hate of players can only induce frustration and weariness, thus more bugs and less confidence in the product to be delivered (meaning longer timelines).

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

also, sometimes bugs occur, even if you don’t change a single line of code in the areas that are bugged afterwards.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There might have been a screwup with the animation change to ele’s downed 2. Not sure how that can happen, but every time I’ve heard of this bug happening, it’s been on an ele.

Even so, ANet knows what’s causing it, so I’m not too worried.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

So people who make mistakes should just be fired? Hey, next time you mess up at your job, no need to come back? Really?

This is a video game, not a life and death business. As such, do you guys prefer having regular updates, possibly containing bugs (then quickly fixed and learnt from), or indigent/sparse updates, possibly bug-free?

Developers and managers are real humans, doing their best like many of us, and the hate of players can only induce frustration and weariness, thus more bugs and less confidence in the product to be delivered (meaning longer timelines).

1st big-time mess up, sure, it happens.
2nd big-time mess up, well were all human, but dont let it happen again
3rd mess up. Dude, last time or youre out!
4th I’d fire you, for sure

Do you really let people make mistakes OVER and OVER again and just say: well bugs happen, no matter how big they are and could be prevent by doing some normal testing.

I agree bugs happen (im a programmer myself) but come on… They shoudlnt occur on this rate

Please point out at least 1 (relatively) big patch where there wasnt a huge/game-breaking bug and I will take back my words. (I’m not calling this bug huge, but it is semi-gamebreaking, and please know that this aint the only game-breaking bug that came with this patch)

(edited by Meryn.6875)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Do you really let people make mistakes OVER and OVER again and just say: well bugs happen, no matter how big they are and could be prevent by doing some normal testing.

I agree bugs happen (im a programmer myself) but come on… They shoudlnt occur on this rate

Please point out at least 1 (relatively) big patch where there wasnt a huge/game-breaking bug and I will take back my words. (I’m not calling this bug huge, but it is semi-gamebreaking, and please know that this aint the only game-breaking bug that came with this patch)

There are rarely any big patches where there -aren’t- at least one game breaking bug.

Yes. bugs happen. especially when adding new modules or mechanics to an existing system. the problem isnt with releasing a flawless system (aint gonna happen, dunno why you think its possible), it’s being quick to fix any issues that are reported. sometimes things get by testing.

No sane manager would fire his developer for not realizing downed state would not be interrupted until the patch went live.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

You obviously don’t have much experience in software development. Bugs exist in code everywhere. It is part of the programming process. You know how for popular software you get updates all the time? (Such as patch Tuesday for most companies). Those are all to fix bugs (be they security, feature, logic, etc bugs). Because coding is very complex in order to successfully QA test every part of an update would take more time than they have. As someone else mentioned if you wanted updates without any bugs you would only get 1-2 updates a year. Sure I think that Anet’s QA department is lacking quite a bit (there are some bugs that get let through that never should have seen a production server without being caught), but still you can’t say fire someone if they program a bug. No programmer in his life (myself included) has ever made code that was completely bug free.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

just made a thread and deleted it cause this one existed i am a warrior noone can beat 1v1 now i can kill u as much as i like ranger pet res? i have self res :P

Jim Battlemaster

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

My problem is not with a particular HR process within a company. I can understand that if a person repeatedly makes mistakes, then it’s better to either train him/her or put him/her on another position, and ultimately get separated if nothing else works out.

My problem is actually with an increasing number of people on this forum who suggest firing people whenever they encounter some bug. This practice has become way too casual, all the more most of them probably do not have any experience in the build/test/release processes of a software program and its particular pitfalls – and possibly no work experience at all.

Certainly not, and I’m pretty sure that a company like ArenaNet has proper retrospectives, processes adjustments and (hopefully) refactorings regularly going on. If they find out that testing is insufficient in certain areas, then it’s their responsibility to have it improved. However, having worked in the field for several years now, I’m afraid I’ve yet to see major releases being issued without any bug.

As parting words, in order to bring more light to this topic, allow me to share with you some koan, which as a fellow programmer, I suspect you might like.

Regards.

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Shouldn’t someone get fired for this kind of bug? I mean, how does this even slip through? Did literally no one test downed abilities during the entire QA process?

Downed abilities were removed for noobs in the game… nuff said.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

You obviously don’t have much experience in software development. Bugs exist in code everywhere. It is part of the programming process. You know how for popular software you get updates all the time? (Such as patch Tuesday for most companies). Those are all to fix bugs (be they security, feature, logic, etc bugs). Because coding is very complex in order to successfully QA test every part of an update would take more time than they have. As someone else mentioned if you wanted updates without any bugs you would only get 1-2 updates a year. Sure I think that Anet’s QA department is lacking quite a bit (there are some bugs that get let through that never should have seen a production server without being caught), but still you can’t say fire someone if they program a bug. No programmer in his life (myself included) has ever made code that was completely bug free.

I highlighted an interesting thing you said, how many patches, about, does pvp get a year?
oh that’s right 2-3.
so by that logic, it is still a valid issue. The bug is STILL not fixed. Not mentioning the several other enormous bugs that directly affect gameplay. One of which involves thief mechanic, ANOTHER necro mechanic. These things should be fixed pretty much immediately, and they aren’t.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

gw2 does not consist of pvp only and the bugs are in wvw and pve as well. get real

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I agree that people make mistakes (and I work in software development myself), the number of bugs introduced with this patch IS rather galling. :/

Perhaps this is a sign that new features should be introduced slowly and as they’re ready, meaning that bugs are small and pretty localized, rather than building it all up into a single massive pack and then sitting through a flood of complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Test server…Make it happen already and invite a select few to use the test server based on who You think would be a good addition to test and report issues before patches go live..We’ve had a testserver in the past for Eotm,why can’t you make it a standard thing ?