[BUG}Perma root from Basilisk venom

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

On several occasions I have been permanently rooted after stun breaking out of basilisk venom. I’ve noticed the perma root before, but didn’t notice the source. Today I finally found the culprit. It doesn’t always happen, but it occurs frequently enough to be an annoyance. The skill that I used to break stun was Rumble.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I am unaware of the cause, but I have been rendered immobile as well from some sort of bug. I can’t move or turn, I can attack things in front of me but even after clearing all conditions And blowing stun breakers I still cannot move. In fact the ONLY ways I’ve found to remedy this is to be moved by a source (ex:Rocket Boots or an opponents CC) or to die which usually happens as a result of this.

Doesn’t happen frequently, but I always cringe the dozen of times it has happened to me.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Meanwhile immobilizing someone still let’s them dodge and move arround.Funny world of Tyria.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Meanwhile immobilizing someone still let’s them dodge and move arround.Funny world of Tyria.

but not with this bug (think hes talking bout this)
you can only remove it with weaponswap or typing an emote like /dance

it happens when something interupts a movementspell and when the interuptting spell ends the character is in a broken state and dont know he can move again

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

I got this once yesterday but lucky I got push back by GD and can move again.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

but not with this bug (think hes talking bout this)
you can only remove it with weaponswap or typing an emote like /dance

it happens when something interupts a movementspell and when the interuptting spell ends the character is in a broken state and dont know he can move again

But don’t despair! Anet is hard at work fixing bugs like fun map breaking and animation locking with the dance books, and not kitten like this which is actually broken.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i think this bug is not an easy one cause it happens in alot situations

its same bug people had in wvw when build a ram and other people completed it before – than rootet there until /dance or weapon swap

and i think its same bug when moving with mesmer/ele and use blink or portal while not stop to move than the character freeze while moving

i dont think this all are different bugs – i think there are some missing routines in gw2 code which check the mobility from character after using some mobility spells or mobility affecting conditions like fear,stun, knockbacks and so on ….
i think the code checking after this CC´s end is somehow missing or not working corect^^

hope you can understand this with my bad english^^

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think it is pick up banner/weapon bug not the basi venom

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

It happens on a Necro too, noticed it most often in WvW, most cases it happened after transferring an immobilise. Happens regularly on my ele after building siege or using lightning flash.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in PvP

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

It happens on thief too, mainly after i use various dodge skill (#3 SB / roll for initiative / dodge heal ) if i spam some of them too quiclkly i often get stucked, no really idea what causes that.

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I’m seeing this happen quite often on my Mes when using blink. Defiantly not immobilized/CC’d but can’t move at all.

Interestingly it happened once when I had staff equipped, using phase retreat didn’t do the usual movement – which is odd. Phase retreat can constantly glitch you in/out of maps yet it does nothing in this case… I presume fear would have the same issue.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith