Back to simple pvp

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

There is a reason GW1 is still to this day the best pvp if you want a real challenge ( Also lack of jumping is something i do not miss ). The key to the pvp was simplicity.

You Kill or Be Killed. None of this dance around a circle and zerg each other with stuns and conditions while one person on a team runs to other little circles for points. Runs in GW1 Random Team arena and for instance The glory of Heroes’ Ascent just made people want to play. The fights that even required NPC’s became epic in HA. When you saw your Team name flash to the world it became a Honor in the day. Having a good strong guild was required then to have multiple teams fighting in different time zones to hold that title. It was Glorious.

Lets go back to the glory of world live competition in game like HA. Lets also move away from circle dancing and go back to blood thirsty kill or be killed.

There is a chance to save pvp with how the game works all that would be needed is more skill diversity and going back to some old school pvp. There is still life in pvp if acted on after this season is over.

Attachments:

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Doubtful ANet cares enoth to implement this in GW2 for the PvPers. Resources better spent luring in super casual PvE whales. Who’ll throw money at ANet because GW2 is a game for the low end MMORPG player. The player who wants the easy street that no other MMORPG will provide.

On topic tho. This does look like fun. If hell frozed over and ANet added this to GW2. I may have to rush back. Humping circles in PvP with classes that are designed for PvE zerg, stack, and burn PvE bosses is very boring. Compared to the more active, kill or be killed PvP on the market.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Classic Perception.2507

Classic Perception.2507

I’ve recently re installed gw1 lol. I would very much like to synch with someone in RA, send me a message here or ig^^

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

There is a reason GW1 is still to this day the best pvp if you want a real challenge ( Also lack of jumping is something i do not miss ). The key to the pvp was simplicity.

You Kill or Be Killed. None of this dance around a circle and zerg each other with stuns and conditions while one person on a team runs to other little circles for points. Runs in GW1 Random Team arena and for instance The glory of Heroes’ Ascent just made people want to play. The fights that even required NPC’s became epic in HA. When you saw your Team name flash to the world it became a Honor in the day. Having a good strong guild was required then to have multiple teams fighting in different time zones to hold that title. It was Glorious.

Lets go back to the glory of world live competition in game like HA. Lets also move away from circle dancing and go back to blood thirsty kill or be killed.

There is a chance to save pvp with how the game works all that would be needed is more skill diversity and going back to some old school pvp. There is still life in pvp if acted on after this season is over.

This reminds me of some topics back in the 2012, when GW2 was very young.
Anet didn’t care then, why they should care now?

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I agree but they should just support GW1 , GW2 pvp is never gonna be the same level. This has been said since day 1 when we couldn’t find any of our favorite pvp modes anywhere.

There is no good reason they can’t just put a team back on the original game imo and work with the mechanics already established. This let’s all players enjoy the game they prefer and would give respect back to ANet that they’ve lost from vets of the series since the launch of GW2.

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want GW1 GvG esport to flourish, just support it. It is a wasted opportunity and had the most chance of success, far more than conquest had lol.

I understand they wanted all the pvpers to flock to GW2 but that ship has sailed, the writings on the wall. It’s time to accept and move on to better and smarter decisions for the good of the pvp community.

I’m not saying abandon GW2 pvp like they abandoned GW1 but they need to be much more diverse and open to multiple avenues.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

I agree but they should just support GW1 , GW2 pvp is never gonna be the same level. This has been said since day 1 when we couldn’t find any of our favorite pvp modes anywhere.

There is no good reason they can’t just put a team back on the original game imo and work with the mechanics already established. This let’s all players enjoy the game they prefer and would give respect back to ANet that they’ve lost from vets of the series since the launch of GW2.

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want GW1 GvG esport to flourish, just support it. It is a wasted opportunity and had the most chance of success, far more than conquest had lol.

I understand they wanted all the pvpers to flock to GW2 but that ship has sailed, the writings on the wall. It’s time to accept and move on to better and smarter decisions for the good of the pvp community.

I’m not saying abandon GW2 pvp like they abandoned GW1 but they need to be much more diverse and open to multiple avenues.

Hey here is a thought for anet. Blizzard is re releasing Sc1 with 4k graphics and video so a remastered sc1. Why not do the same take the game of gw1 and add gw2 graphics and they would be set.

https://starcraft.com/en-us/#&gid=1&pid=1

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Rukia.9860

Hey here is a thought for anet. Blizzard is re releasing Sc1 with 4k graphics and video so a remastered sc1. Why not do the same take the game of gw1 and add gw2 graphics and they would be set.

https://starcraft.com/en-us/#&gid=1&pid=1

It would take a ton of resources to completely re design GW1 with more fidelity and no one cared about graphics nearly as much as the gameplay. In fact I prefer the simple graphics of GW1 over GW2 though they are similar GW2 is much more glossy and is trying way too hard to look good which diminishes the beauty of their art style imo.

SC is an extremely tiny game compared to an MMO, besides it doesn’t even look that good honestly I was more impressed by the tech advancements. Now they just need to do the same for Diablo 2, it sucks you can’t play that in your native resolution lol 800 × 600 is so 20 years ago.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

ah yes the nostalgia trip into glory days of gw1 pvp. but gw1 pvp player such as me. its easy to forget the elitism in gw1 pvp like asking players certain ranks only and that u are required to /rank before joining. i used to rem. when i was in MATH guild and we farm rank points playin IWAY build.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Delweyn.1309

Delweyn.1309

This reminds me of some topics back in the 2012, when GW2 was very young.
Anet didn’t care then, why they should care now?

Sad but true :/ They continued to focus only about what THEY thought was THE best. I’m not happy but it’s just a fair situation that they failed so hard.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Rukia.9860

ah yes the nostalgia trip into glory days of gw1 pvp. but gw1 pvp player such as me. its easy to forget the elitism in gw1 pvp like asking players certain ranks only and that u are required to /rank before joining. i used to rem. when i was in MATH guild and we farm rank points playin IWAY build.

Like it’s hard to get r4 or r5… all you needed was 10k balth to unlock a build if you were asked to play something. You wouldn’t want to duo queue with a bronze in GW2. ‘Elitism’ exist in every game, and rightfully so. Not everyone has the play for fun mentality at some point you actually want to win and that goes for pve as well.

If it’s such an issue make you own groups? of course not that would be blasphemy against our god king casuals and believe it or not the would-be group maker would prefer experienced players as well /gasp the revelations are real

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

man if gw1 pvp mode were added here that would be the best thing for this game

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

I can’t +1 this enough. Seriously i mean why go complex circle dancing when i can just murder the whole other team and claim victory over their bodies. Now that’s pvp.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Like it’s hard to get r4 or r5… all you needed was 10k balth to unlock a build if you were asked to play something. You wouldn’t want to duo queue with a bronze in GW2. ‘Elitism’ exist in every game, and rightfully so. Not everyone has the play for fun mentality at some point you actually want to win and that goes for pve as well.

If it’s such an issue make you own groups? of course not that would be blasphemy against our god king casuals and believe it or not the would-be group maker would prefer experienced players as well /gasp the revelations are real

seems like u got triggered by the word elitism. the problem w/ rank in gw1 is purely base in grinding. like i said i used to farm all the way to rank 10 just playing iway build. as a casual pvper in gw1 still manage to get tiger emote. what rank were u?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’d hope by now that Anet have learnt that all we want is simple pvp,
look at what happened with skyhammer, it was cancerous, we all dispised it,
holes in the floor for cheese builds to abuse, a huge cannon for someone to kill people across the map, no no NO!
its only now that they’ve removed everything from skyhammer that made it skyhammer is it tolerable.

its nice to see in the new capricorn and coliseum that less focus is on stupid secondary mechanics.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I can’t +1 this enough. Seriously i mean why go complex circle dancing when i can just murder the whole other team and claim victory over their bodies. Now that’s pvp.

something something courtyard exists and everyone hates it something something

(edited by Hyper Cutter.9376)

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

No anet hated it because they wanted to push their circle dancing ( which has now finally failed enough ). I have about 20 pvp friends maybe more ( most quit season 5 and 6 ) that loved it including myself. Only teefs mains complained from what i saw because they liked to run to points. Courtyard was epic fun.

Back to simple pvp

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

if i could change the game i would make dodge a lot less frequent or remove it and make the game like old lineage 2 but with a bit more mobility

never played gw1 though so idont know how good it was
but old lineage 2 was the best pvp game i ever played

lineage 2 felt epic because the combat had a lot more uptime and classes where a bit rock paper scissors

you wonder why im not playing lineage 2 then?
its because ncsoft has ruined it after the GoD update.

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)