Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

Just had a terrible match. We only had 4 players, which probably accounts for the poor scores on my team, but even still it looks like a bad match up.

I wonder if Justin can take a look at the data and see what went wrong?

How did my MMR compare to that of my team and the other team? I’m pretty sure I had the highest MMR on my team.
What was the predicted outcome of the match, and why did it only pull 4 players for our team (or did someone leave?).

The game started around 2pm GMT on the EU servers. I was playing on my EU account so the account name to check is Auldon.1972.

I’ve also attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments:

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

William C.6195

Bumping, if bumping is allowed.

[feat]

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

You guys did pretty good for a 4v5. If the fifth guy showed up and you got anything from that Mesmer, you might have won.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

For a 4v5 getting 200-500 score is quite good. Not every 5v5 gets to those values.

EU Aurora Glade

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m surprised you call it a bad match up. You manage to get 200 point 4vs5. You probably win if you have 5 people.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Bumping isn’t allowed.

We should probably create a thread for people to post bad match instances instead of the various threads.

You can also just PM if you don’t want any data discussed to be public.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

William C.6195

Bumping isn’t allowed.

We should probably create a thread for people to post bad match instances instead of the various threads.

A matchmaking sub-forum would be really useful.

I’ve definitely seen an improvement in the matches over the last week or so, but there’s still those occasional ones where it’s completely one-sided, so it’d be good to post information on the match so you and other devs can see what went wrong.

I suspect part of the problem is low populations…

Anyway, yeah, if I get another bad match I’ll PM you with the time/data and whatnot.

Cheers!

[feat]

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Bumping isn’t allowed.

A matchmaking sub-forum would be really useful.

I’ve definitely seen an improvement in the matches over the last week or so, but there’s still those occasional ones where it’s completely one-sided, so it’d be good to post information on the match so you and other devs can see what went wrong.

I suspect part of the problem is low populations…

Anyway, yeah, if I get another bad match I’ll PM you with the time/data and whatnot.

Cheers!

I don’t get it. People have been saying that matchmaking got better but for me the last 4 days were probably the most horrible pvp experience I’ve had in this game. I was getting new people or people who didnt know what to do every single game till I just quit. I already PMed Justin a day ago and waiting for a reply but I had to stop doing pvp. I really wonder what went wrong with my games. I was switching between ranked/unranked and and for about 1 win I got 7 losses.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

I don’t mind so much as bad matchups so much as the 4vs5. It’s nearly impossible to win. It needs to be fixed ASAP. i was in a match eariler where we had 450 / 500 in a 4 vs 5. It REALLY sux.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

I don’t mind so much as bad matchups so much as the 4vs5. It’s nearly impossible to win. It needs to be fixed ASAP. i was in a match eariler where we had 450 / 500 in a 4 vs 5. It REALLY sux.

Ranked or unranked? I left unranked because of afkers/leavers every 5 matches or so, sometimes more. Been much better in ranked. It still happens, but more often due to dc, not because someone doesn’t like some map.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

4th of februrary
Ranked; 2:25 CET

Were facing a way too good team, I can only assume some of them were playing on alt accounts, based on their kiting and knowledge

Score was like 150-500
Legacy of Foefire

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

William C.6195

4th of februrary

Were facing a way too good team, I can only assume some of them were playing on alt accounts, based on their kiting and knowledge

Score was like 150-500
Legacy of Foefire

Wrong thread. This isn’t the bad match up tracking thread.

[feat]

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

4th of februrary

Score was like 150-500
Legacy of Foefire

Wrong thread. This isn’t the bad match up tracking thread.

Ya just noticed, its all the same here. (bad matchmaking;red posts)
Posted in right thread.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Bad Matchup (FAO Justin)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Here is one really bad matchup:
We (premade of 4) won 500 to 170 on Foefire; EU; Ranked; this account; Match ended at around 23:50 CET;

Why do I think this was a bad matchup:
The matches prior this we had good matchups that ended around 350-450 to 500 against good players (team asdf and so on).
This match was really strange, our fifth random players was a bearbow, I asked in the team chat, if he was new to the game, but he didn’t answer.
The opponents played spirt weapon guard and minion master necro; they where all queuing solo.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend