Bad matchups: Lost almost 15 in a row

in PvP

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

I wish I knew a way to check recent match history but I don’t…..when the patch came out I won like 5-10 in a row it was good.

But now I’m on a huge loosing streak, it seems people have adapted.

Whats wrong with the matchup system? Can it account for this recent activity in the wake of balance changes? It’s pretty sad to continue to loose game after game.

Been playing pvp for 3 years…always win a match here and loose a match there. had a 52% w/l ratio but that has completely been blown.

I’d also place some blame on damage….its just too high. Tankier builds can’t keep up.

Edit Okay finally won a game and going to bed on that……Unusually bad streak. Something must be wrong with the algorithms or the meta is too fluid for pvp matchup system to handle it.

However shouldn’t Anet know that these are huge sweeping changes and that the matchup system should be adjusted accordingly? perhaps even slightly reset to make recent history even more important than past performance?

(edited by rpfohr.7048)

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I wish I knew a way to check recent match history but I don’t…..when the patch came out I won like 5-10 in a row it was good.

Whats wrong with the matchup system? Can it account for this recent activity in the wake of balance changes? It’s pretty sad to continue to loose game after game.

Been playing pvp for 3 years…always win a match here and loose a match there. had a 52% w/l ratio but that has completely been blown.

I’d also place some blame on damage….its just too high. Tankier builds can’t keep up.

Have you changed your build? Have you changed your style of play? What class are you playing?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

rpfohr.7048

Have you changed your build? Have you changed your style of play? What class are you playing?

I have I’ve changed my build to adapt…tried a couple different but no go.

I was playing engi….truthfully I expected to loose a couple because well I havent played engi much at all ever….but then i went back to my ranger which is my main and continued to get smashed game after game…..And I feel I play a good ranger. win a lot of matchups

Edit Okay finally won a game and going to bed on that……Unusually bad streak. Something must be wrong with the algorithms or the meta is too fluid for pvp to handle it.

(edited by rpfohr.7048)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

post your builds bud. took me over a week of testing to get a SWAG LEVEL engi build. your builds might not be all that right now.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Engi atm is extremely hard to build. Like not even slick shoes is viable because burst is back to where it was during launch.

It should have been that way though, I feel like Engi shouldn’t have gotten Cele and slick shoes in the first place just to be viable. But I feel like Hundred Nades shouldn’t have disappeared either.

TL;DR Playing an Engi nowadays is hard, unless someone already has a sleeper build in mind.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Solori.6025

Engi atm is extremely hard to build. Like not even slick shoes is viable because burst is back to where it was during launch.

It should have been that way though, I feel like Engi shouldn’t have gotten Cele and slick shoes in the first place just to be viable. But I feel like Hundred Nades shouldn’t have disappeared either.

TL;DR Playing an Engi nowadays is hard, unless someone already has a sleeper build in mind.

I’ve been seeing a flamethrower build running around, it’s a good decap build so I’ve seen. When I get home I’ll make it and post it. But I do know it uses elixers flamethrower and the mine on critical trait

in PvP

rpfohr.7048

Very well…..

Ranger build I was playing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsf3YjMqQFLWuCurAVLGYEqecr1MgLgLPA8QfEO9C2UB-TZRAwAsLDA4IA05hAE4EA8d/BA

Engineer:

Tried a Mortar Elixer build…..pretty standard of what you would think,

Also this double pistol condi build.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+sYJXwdLw6FLsFVYKuivGYIWiBg4GVFzIA-TJhHABlt/AAPAAjKDA8JAAA

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh6rYJXwdLw6FLsFVYKeRvG4HWiBgYHNFPBA-TJhHABUs/AAPAgjKDA8JAA

made a few adjustments to your p/p. should be better. that blowtorch ohhh bby. could swap torment for intel so you can hit big prybars too.
i only play LB on my ranger, so i can’t comment on condi- but i have not been hearing good things about traps. survival seems like the way to go.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have had similar experience, even though nowhere as long losing streaks. Winning on an engineer has been more difficult after the patch. Besides the grenade barrage bug engineer lacks the fast burst many other professions have. Unranked spvp at the moment is “burst, dodge or die”.

With over 2500 hours on my engi I had developed a play style to control the range, 1200 traited elixir gun and rifle, using EG#2/4 and rifle #2/4/5, perma switfness and rocketboots also to control the range. In other words trying to avoid fighting most opponents under 1200 range most of the time and trying to anticipate attacks (because I had no block skills in my build). Now with rifled barrels trait is gone and the improved range didn’t make the baseline and grenade kit nerf to 900, this play style is gone. Mortar projectiles are so slow that they will reliably hit only immobile/AFK targets at 1200+ range.

I know I should just “adapt” and either go P/P condition spam and use healing turret and toolkit like every other engineer. I have been stubbornly using medkit, which was butchered. Activating medkit no longer triggers “on heal” effects in spvp (which had great synergy with Altruism/Lyssa runes etc). The medkit ground targeting and the weird delays (F1 sometimes not even activating) are really killing me. And before yesterday’s patch, medkit condition cleanses (besides #5) cleaned just one condition, not the stack.

Other game modes:
Engi is still good in pve. If you rotate between bombkit/grenades and rifle you can pump out a lot of DPS. But every class got so much buffs that pve feels even easier than before.

In WvWvW engineer was the least played profession and never part of meta. Now I don’t even run into enemy engineer roamers anymore. Everybody and their uncle is playing mesmer.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I hear you OP.

The win/loss of late is as “streaky” as ever especially if queuing solo. Being on a losing streak deflates the heck out of me so I stop at around 5 losses.

Was on my engie today when my solo pug team with 2 thieves, necro and ele faced a full premade with 2 guards, Mesmer, ranger and either warrior or necro – forgot.
Somehow, we won despite being a pug team with a hard-countered comp.

About rangers, it’s the class I’ve had the most success with when stacked in a ranked solo queued team, i.e. 4 rangers, x or 3 rangers, x, x

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Yes, and I don’t know why people include it in overly biased classes to nerf list. What’s interesting is that they give no real reason why they list the engies there in the first place.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Profession-nerf-list-ranking/first

in PvP

Posted by: Weasel.2045

Weasel.2045

Well just to toss in my bit of experience as well,

I’ve been playing engineer since release as my main class and always have been too stubborn to quit it, cause some other class was (or at least seemed) superior. After the late patch I dont really see the engineer as a condi-spam, compared to other classes like for example guardian or some rangers I’ve seen. Regarding spvp I have yet to find a way to fight a guard on point, or even close range, since he can stack burning continously and I quickly get at least 5 but sometimes even up to 13 stacks of burning. When I try to get away from him he uses his teleportation skill and is on me again and I barely can dodge that one, just cant figure out the animation properly. I gues it is true that I would have to change my playing style, I get that, but in addition with all these blocks and a guardian being able to attack while enjoying his safety, I have a really tough time trying to kill them as I’m off point, just takes way too long and they score and score and score. Same goes for me with necros in deathshroud 1 second Cooldown on their autoattack and I get critted for 3-4k . . . . .I cant dodge ~that~ often and unlike lich-form I cant even sidestep that stuff and/or keep my distance.

So yeah if anyone has a good idea I’m sure up for it, though I dont like to play too squishy “hit’em first or you’re dead”-builds in general. What I want to say in general is, I’m used to have to work hard with my engi to get some decent result, but at the moment even with working hard I cant figure out a way that makes me as usefull as other classes in spvp, which is pretty sad for me since I love the engi

This is the build I’m running at the moment by the way, it is supposed to be supportive for the entire team and gives me some nice sustain so I can hold points pretty well, but as soon as its 2 or 3 vs me I’m usually down. Sure wouldnt mind opinions on this build, especially when it comes to runes and sigils. Mortar could be exchanged for elixir or crait, both valid choices I think and elexir gun for elixir S, I suppose.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tYtWwkLQ7FL3FVYNVhZG4CGhBgYB9DhIA-TJBFwACuAA12fAaZAAPAAA

(edited by Weasel.2045)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

hop around hotjoin until you find a newly starting server. play there. it is significantly more fun than current un/ranked fights.

if autobalance pulls u to a side w/ huge loss incoming, just go to server list and find another server.

overall you’ll have more time actually playing (hopping around for servers takes less time than waiting on queues), more even fights (less premades), and more fun (at least i have)

w/ the snowball effect from autobalance and leavers, there is some frustration, but in general i’m enjoying it much more

in PvP

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

did you try restarting your pc

in PvP

Solori.6025

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelcThqrYtWw8Kw6FL3FV4HEQZGYD+gBg4B9D5AA-TJhAwAXeAAAOBA/2fQcZAA

This is the build I saw, worked really well for the guys I watched with it.

in PvP

rpfohr.7048

To clarify I made this thread not because I needed help with build or am complaining about class balance.

I’m just interested in the pvp matchup algorithms that allowed this to happen.

Its so streaky now…..

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I find this happens a lot with this type of combat system. Even with LOL I will win lik 9/10 games then drop about the same. Its very streaky.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Hey man, I feel your struggle with engi, playing it is much different now but this build has been working exceptionally well on it.
Now it does take some getting used to but I promise it’s so worth it. You contribute so much to team fights with your AoE and cleave ability plus you have a ton of damage to bring to a fight which can help you carry the pressure your team needs. And if you get into trouble don’t worry about it this build has 2 invulns and a 3 sec block on a 20 sec cd, pretty good defense if you learn to stagger your cd’s well enough. Give it a try and I hope you have the same success with it as I am having right now.

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSsYJXw+KQ7FLTG046rQEEf2BCw3+SezB-TJBFwAIuAA62foaZAAPAAA

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!