Balance Goals for the Winter 2016 Update

in PvP

Posted by: Swordplay.8392

Swordplay.8392

Question about quickness and slow no longer affecting stomp or res, after the balance, will we still be able to use quickness to channel faster?

For example Stillness in conquest or Hero summon channel in Stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Travis.3487

Travis.3487

Hope u speed up Reaper GS cast times or it will still be a useless Weapon, u gave us kittene in HoT after months of hope.

You’re missing out if you think GS is useless.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Aside from skill adjustments, another way we can adjust balance in PvP is by looking at the runes/sigils/amulets that are available for use through the customization panel.

Amulets
Split the amulets into three items using the existing combos (recommend 40/30/30 split). This gives much needed stat customization. In particular, it allows for a proper mix of vitality and toughness (less all of one and none of the other) while maintaining a healthy balance of power, precision, and ferocity, which is holding back a lot of potential builds. This lack of stat customization is part of what is contributing to celestial being so prominent. Further, if any particular combos seem too strong (Minstrel, Viper, etc), they can be restricted to one or two of the slots.

Stat Combos
Add Zealot. Not exceedingly strong, so don’t foresee any huge balance issues.

Runes
Pack Swap 4pc and 6pc. Lower precision accordingly. Reduces personal damage gain by 1.5-2%.
Durability Swap 4pc and 6pc. Lower vitality accordingly. Shaves about 500 HP. Considering lowering boon duration by 5%.
Trapper Remove from PvP.

Sigils
Energy Reduce endurance gain or change it to restore endurance over time. Even consider changing it to grant Vigor instead.
Geomancy Reduce bleed stacks by 1. Need to balance it for condition damage users.
Doom Consider removing from PvP. The healing reduction from poison is very potent and easy access to that benefit on professions which don’t normally have it marginalizes builds which bring poison.
Hydromancy The snare effect is useful for builds which have to keep opponents in melee. If anything, lower the damage a bit.

In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

Please avoid the PvP “arms race.” Set benchmarks for what an offensive, defensive, or support build should be capable of and balance to those. How much burst or sustain damage is reasonable? How long can someone chain avoidance or how much up-time on it? How many might stacks or what up-time on fury or protection should a build have on its own? And most of all, how much of that is allowed when considered together: the best burst can’t have best CC and high avoidance; there have to be trade-offs. When you try to solely balance something relative to the current environment, you get have power creep.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in PvP

Travis.3487

wOOt! Teef dmg buff ftw! may not help our sustain but at least our dmg might be worth the risk of our squishiness now. I’m tired of spending 90% of the fight trying not to get hit and not doing any dmg.

in PvP

Travis.3487

Necro getting BUFFED?! Is anyone even paying attention to matches where 90% of other people play? Where necro can easily 1v2+?

Especialy with minnions?!

COME ON ANET wtf, you will only make the toughness minnion build even more stronger with this, i have no words for you, seriously.. It’s allready next to unkillable..

they’re really not that hard to kill honestly… and I play thief….

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Hope u speed up Reaper GS cast times or it will still be a useless Weapon, u gave us kittene in HoT after months of hope.

Iam not talking about hitting a stationary NPC target here. Dont give a kitten about PvE but Reaper GS is useless in WvW and PvP and u see almost none useing it, as an effect u see almsot NO Necro/Reaper going Power these days cause Condi dominates this class and GS was the hope for us Power Necs.

Necro unkillable ? thats the biggest laugh Iv had in a long time. I saw 1 Necro in League yesterday Posi… one

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Posted by: Dakurus Sunfire.9157

Dakurus Sunfire.9157

>3 months in between balance updates

Today, I played a game where there were three bunker mesmers and a tempest. I’m going to admit that playing a condition Necro is pretty OP, but I literally could do nothing in this game. It was legitimately one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had in-game.

It doesn’t require three months of observation to understand what’s wrong with this meta. You keep trying to push this non-existent esports scene when PvP’s balance is an awful joke. I paid nearly 100 AUD, on top of what I paid for the base game, to experience this hilariously bleak meta.

I’m mad. I’m done. I can’t wait until another MMO turns up and blows this game and its developers out of the water. You deserve it.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

There is so much wrong with PvP at the mo is hard to know where to start as more bad game elements have been piled onto existing issues. But one of the fundamental issues that have become increasingly problematic are skill and skill combos where there is little or no counterplay. Earlier PvP constructs were on the right track, with counterplay and tell signs for powerful skills, but now you know you will die to certain skills if you don’t have enough condi cleanse, stun breakers, stability etc.

Unfortunately all the damage buffing to elites and condis has not been matched with buffs to counterplay skills. If you keep adding damage to PvP, but don’t balance this by adding ways to counter it you just end up with a mess. Example, a lot more CC has been added to the game, but old class philosophies still exist were some classes have hardly any stability, or worse hardly any condi removal that can be put in a decent build because it can only be found in one unless trait line.

I also think it is time to promote player skill over mindless spamming. AoE field radius needs to be reduced, very hard hitting burst skills need to go back to lower ranges (bursting someone down out of their FoV is just daft) or the camera FoV has to be improved, and may have to introduce stun immunity to stop stun locks.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Thief
first of all, buffing Acrobatics at this point is nothing more than throwing a bone to f2p players.

If i were them; iam not going to touch Acrobatics and leave the way it is. if they do, One of the Thief weapon sets will dominate the foodchain.
Again, if some of the Thief are having difficulties playing the Core, perhaps HoT will suit them the most. equip DD become braindead and kill your own build diversity more profit ArenaNet.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Cant talk for other classes but engi need some huge improovements/rework for majority of gyros (expect sneak and bulwark those seems works well). Scrapper traits exept few are also pretty boring it need something what makes your trait choises really distinct.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

How necro is right now OP compare to DH,Rev or Ele ?

I mean, necro cant block, thier heals have long CD, so in the end we have a shroud (reaper). In every normal fight necro is first target, and most of the time he will be dead, since we dont have also any stability (1 from trait, which no1 is using, and from elite). Our mobility is kitten, most of the time we move like slow pokes.

More condi pressure have revenant right now, which godlike survi, and mobility.

So dont tell me necro is OP. He is not, he is fine but need some tuning, like possibility do at least heal in shroud or so.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

This official confirms that Guardians will be the worst profession in game when this patch goes live.

We will be worse then Thiefs or Warriors currently are.

Traps were the single thread holding this profession from falling into the abyss, i’m not saying they didn’t deserve changes, but with zero compensation to the rest of the Guardian this profession will be the most broken in GW2 history.

We are already useless in raids, we are already useless in high-end PvP, over half of our talents/traits/weapons/skills are either broken or useless, and now they wont to remove the only semi-optimal option Guardians have left with zero compensation elsewhere?!

Whats the point in playing this game when the devs clearly have no idea what they are doing.

+1000
Hey Anet … wake up !!!! Don’t you know gardian is bellow weak ?
No discussion on how tempest simply destroy guardians with auras ? Comon guys ….

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

Please avoid the PvP “arms race.” Set benchmarks for what an offensive, defensive, or support build should be capable of and balance to those. How much burst or sustain damage is reasonable? How long can someone chain avoidance or how much up-time on it? How many might stacks or what up-time on fury or protection should a build have on its own? And most of all, how much of that is allowed when considered together: the best burst can’t have best CC and high avoidance; there have to be trade-offs. When you try to solely balance something relative to the current environment, you get have power creep.

Quoted for visibility.

It’s good to see some people actually understanding that there are deeper problems than unkillable bunkers.

If you just up damage the game becomes just worse not better. Sure if you up the damage high enough those half a second missed immunity frames will kill the bunker instead of just reducing his health by 66~75% (yeah literally saw bunker mesmers lose 3/4 of their health in a fraction of a second when immunity ran out).

At the same time, that damage explosion will cause DD vs. DD matches to be over in literally one ability. You know that fights that last less than a second aren’t fun to watch either right? What is fun to watch is fights that have up and downs and resolve after around 15~30s. It doesn’t have to resolve in with kills. Just the fight has to be over.

It just sounds like you want to make the one side of the extremes that sees less play to be even more extreme after the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Aside from skill adjustments, another way we can adjust balance in PvP is by looking at the runes/sigils/amulets that are available for use through the customization panel.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts (with the high-level goals from the blog in-mind) on adding/removing various sigils/amulets/runes. In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

I know we’ve had this conversation a few times before, but it’s always important to have this discussion with the correct context in mind.

I strongly disagree with increasing the level of lethality.

The difference between good players and bad players is the right use of skills at the right time. If ANet increases the damage/reduces defence this game will be transformed in a Counter-Strike clone with swords, bows, staffs, etc.

The beauty of GW2 is the great number of variations you can use to adjust your character to your gameplay. It is much more interesting to watch a good player surviving a 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 than keep watching people die and rezz again.

Surely the game needs some tweaking to balance all classes but a big change in the direction of damage while reducing the defence effectiveness is a bad move in my opinion.

Concerning PvP and e-sports, have any of you attended a LoL championship live in the middle of a big audience? Everyone loves the guy that can survive with just a sliver of health and comes back to wreck havoc on the enemy. People love to watch good players. Watching lemmings fast marching to death just to return a few seconds after to die again is the most boring e-sports ever.

People watch sports or e-sports because they like to have heroes, to have a team they identify with. Give them good players that can kill and survive instead of CS or CoD guys that kill a lot but die a lot. Our heroes need to kill and live.

Thanks.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

(edited by RedBaron.6058)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

They’re making necro shroud funner to use since so many nerds kept saying “Reaper is so hawt” and finally got them to play necro.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

WINTER 2016 ?? So it’s not gonna be any balance patch soon???
w/e i don’t kittening care anymore.

You do realize that winter is December to the March Equinox, right?

It’s poorly worded. It infers December 2016 and based on how long ANet releases balance updates, it’s not out of the realm that they’re talking about December 2016.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

For winter update?! Really?! Until then nobody will play what is broken… And the balance changes, only thief and warrior had a normal change explanation, the rest is like blablablabla, " you will see it in winter, with the patch"

in PvP

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

For winter update?! Really?! Until then nobody will play what is broken… And the balance changes, only thief and warrior had a normal change explanation, the rest is like blablablabla, " you will see it in winter, with the patch"

According to Meteorology winter is pretty much December, January and February, it is winter right now.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Bring back Ogre Runes. I had a build I liked with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Wut is this? Ppl arguing what is winter

Lets consult the wise all knowing mighty Wikipedia:

“Meteorological winter is the method of measuring the winter season used by meteorologists based on “sensible weather patterns” for record keeping purposes,5 so the start of meteorological winter varies with latitude.6 Winter is often defined by meteorologists to be the three calendar months with the lowest average temperatures. This corresponds to the months of December, January and February in the Northern Hemisphere, and June, July and August in the Southern Hemisphere."

“In the Northern Hemisphere, some authorities define the period of winter based on astronomical fixed points (i.e. based solely on the position of the Earth in its orbit around the sun), regardless of weather conditions. In one version of this definition, winter begins at the winter solstice and ends at the vernal equinox.12 These dates are somewhat later than those used to define the beginning and end of the meteorological winter – usually considered to span the entirety of December, January, and February in the Northern Hemisphere and June, July, and August in the Southern.”

“in the Northern Hemisphere, depending on the year, this corresponds to the period between 21 or 22 December and 19, 20 or 21 March.”

So winter pretty much just started, at least where I’m living.

Plot twist: Anet moved to Australia, we will get the patch in June.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Winter 2015 is December 21 2015 – March 21 2016.
Winter 2016 is December 21 2016 – March 21 2017.

Clear distinction of what/when winters range is. Winter 2016 from what Josh said could mean up until March 21 2016 or from December 21 2016 – March 21 2017.

They can’t even clearly distinguish “Winter 2016” and they want to balance? My sides hurt from early morning laughter.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

For those wondering about time-period they would roll this out, didn’t Grouch already asnwer that on first page?

Pro League S1 Finals will use the Winter 2016 balance update, not the current.

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

in PvP

Blue Hare.8612

For those wondering about time-period they would roll this out, didn’t Grouch already asnwer that on first page?

From the blog post:

“Hello, and welcome to the first quarterly balance update of 2016! I’m Karl McLain, and we’re here today to talk about some high-level changes that’ll be coming to each profession this month.”

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Although he worded it a bit oddly, I think it is safe to say that since he is referencing s1 that it is during this current winter.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Snip.

I’ve thought through the implications of removing cele from PvP and what would happen to elementalist quite a bit, actually. It’s pretty risky. I think elementalist would need a new 4 stat combo to be viable at roughly the same level (maybe something like 1050pow/1050condi/560vit/560healing).

Actually 1050 pow/1050 toughness/560 vit/560 healing.

That is the problem, can’t distribute them properly due to the diversity of attacks, enforcing either power or condi kinda comes short as of many of the ele skills deal mixed damage, also power alone kinda doesn’t cut it unless critical damage is also boosted (you taking care of crit chances with boons, signets or sigil) I think in case cele removal is really necessary, one amulet alone won’t cover the hole, but a serial of 4-5 amulet combination could.
As of Sigils, I think the cool down on those that have them above 20s needs reduction in order to compete to those that always trigger or the weapon swap ones, being those the more viable atm.
As of Runes (Applies to sigils as well), would be nice to see some boons removal options so it becomes an option to all classes (assuming boons as counterpart of conditions, there’s viable ways to deal with conditions but not with boons, leading to a defensive gameplay)

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Does A-net budget utility allocation? There are a bunch of new utilities, even without traits to enhance them, that are clearly over budget. Here’s an example:

Riposting Shadows:
-Cures: Immobilize, Cripple, Chill
-Returns 50 endurance
-Evades
-Stun Break

All of the above for 30 energy. Who comes up with this stuff and thinks, at any level, it is some how balanced?

There’s a laundry list of utilities that need to be chopped up, not just shaved, but chopped up. It’s actually pathetic when you look at some of the older utilities and compare them to the newer ones.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Josh and Karl, thank you for taking the time to read all this. It makes my head spin after reading the Wish List everyone has posted.

How about we add some dimension to this thread by having players put some player info in them? I’m thinking something like main professions and a general build label. Something like, for me, “Viper Reaper” then I’d follow it with a paragraph or more of what I’d like to see balanced. This way we can try to deduce the interaction of builds. I ask this because mostly people ask for changes to builds that counter the ones they use.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Honestly, I’m not entirely sure how ANet should nerf mesmer.

The clues were in the previous paragraph:

For PvP, frankly moa/timewarp can be a stronger pick than gravity well (I pretty much always take moa soloq now). TW helps with res’s and stomping, which are meta in this game mode atm. Moa generates a down better than GW (GW doesn’t work on bunkers with loads of blocks & stab), and if it’s a 2v2 you’re in, also guarantees the finish because you can do moa a second time.

As you basically said, “Gravity well at least has some form of counterplay whereas moa form guarantees a down.” Guarantee is quite a strong word, with the implication of definite consequences due to a knowledge that it lacks a counter. At the very least reduce moa duration to 3 seconds and make it telegraphed and charged, maybe needing to root the caster. Since there’s no way to cleanse moa it has no counteprlay.

TW helps with rezzing and stomping way too well.

Does A-net budget utility allocation? There are a bunch of new utilities, even without traits to enhance them, that are clearly over budget. Here’s an example:
Riposting Shadows:
-Returns 50 endurance
-Evades
-Stun Break
All of the above for 30 energy. Who comes up with this stuff and thinks, at any level, it is some how balanced?
There’s a laundry list of utilities that need to be chopped up, not just shaved, but chopped up. It’s actually pathetic when you look at some of the older utilities and compare them to the newer ones.*

With all the chill floating around we need either the following:

1.Reduced cooldowns across the board, especially global cooldowns like interrupted time.

2.Reworked condition mechanics, such as if you cleanse a condition you’re immune to that condition for six seconds. This will promote smarter use of conditions.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

TW helps with rezzing and stomping way too well.

It also mentions that quickness and slow will now have no effect at all on stomp and rez.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Amulets
Split the amulets into three items using the existing combos (recommend 40/30/30 split). This gives much needed stat customization. In particular, it allows for a proper mix of vitality and toughness (less all of one and none of the other) while maintaining a healthy balance of power, precision, and ferocity, which is holding back a lot of potential builds. This lack of stat customization is part of what is contributing to celestial being so prominent. Further, if any particular combos seem too strong (Minstrel, Viper, etc), they can be restricted to one or two of the slots.

+1 THIS!!!

Give us a selection for stats for Weapons/Armor/Amulet using the current selections so we can have varied builds. Not extreme DPS or extreme bunker!

Dont insult your player base by implying they are too dumb to be able to handle choosing 3 items. It would actually be a nerf to cele without even having to remove it.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

Just an idea for the acrobatics rework – this could be a decent place to offer thief some stability. Theives lack of stab is a large part of why they’ve suffered post HOT. For instance, I could see a stab on steal trait. Alternatively preparation could be made baseline and stab on steal could go to trickery.

Remember that this tree often has to compete with deadly arts, which has some really powerful traits, e.g., executioner, mug, panic strike, and poison/weakness.

(edited by Kevin.4209)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Buffing everything again? (Except the DS nerf) Yeah, that’s the way to go, definitely. You should have nerfed everything hard, so there’s not even more power creep. But what do I know.

Also, fyi if you buff offensive side of ele, but nerf defensive, there’s still not going to be any viable burst spec.

Thief already has enough damage, the problem is somewhere else.

The sustain of some classes is too strong.

How can anyone be happy about this?

in PvP

Blue Hare.8612

Just an idea for the acrobatics rework – this could be a decent place to offer thief some stability. Theives lack of stab is a large part of why they’ve suffered post HOT. For instance, I could see a stab on steal trait. Alternatively preparation could be made baseline and stab on steal could go to trickery.

Remember that this tree often has to compete with deadly arts, which has some really powerful traits, e.g., executioner, mug, panic strike, and poison/weakness.

Just giving my thoughts here. I don’t think that stability suits thief thematically. I see stability as a tool of a strong willed soldier or a wild beast. Warrior Rampage is a good example of a thematically fitting stability.

For thief I would like to see a trait that downgrades all incoming disables. For example stun becomes immobilize and immobilize becomes crippled. And something on the lines that a thief can go through guardian ward but will get a cripple.

This would fit thematically as you are evasive and enemies can’t land their disables on full power. Could be a bit too strong if this doesn’t have a cooldown, but then again if it does have a cooldown it could be verry unreliable. Maybe something like 3 charges that show on a buffbar and you generate 1 charge per minute.

Perhaps a bit too wild idea but since there is a traitline rework, then why not…

I’m generally against uniforming classes by giving everyone everything. Classes should have differences so that gameplay can remain vibrant and interesting. If there is a massive weakness that needs addressing you should try to find a solution that fits thematically with the class in question.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would realy like more stat customisation. the suggestet 40/30/30 splited in weapon, armor, amulet sounds good.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverwing.8750

Silverwing.8750

Why is solo queue not being brought back?

Co-ordinated teams vs pugs are one of the biggest reasons for unbalanced games.

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Iam not talking about hitting a stationary NPC target here. Dont give a kitten about PvE but Reaper GS is useless in WvW and PvP and u see almost none useing it, as an effect u see almsot NO Necro/Reaper going Power these days cause Condi dominates this class and GS was the hope for us Power Necs.

Necro unkillable ? thats the biggest laugh Iv had in a long time. I saw 1 Necro in League yesterday Posi… one

pooor reaper cant hit with gs… welcome to warrior’s world and have fun while been outkited. Oh no, i should tell something that all those skilled necro have been saying to me in these years of kiting: l2p.

in PvP

Posted by: Zento.7401

Zento.7401

Hi Josh Davis

Only 3 ways to play. No more hybrid classes.

Dueler: bad in teamfight. Moderate damage. strong 1v1. (condition is best) Inge, ranger, necros.

DPS: Weak 1v1. Under sustain. High mobility. High damage. (Mesmer, thief, reverant)

Tank / support: Strong teamfight. low mobility. low damage. High support. (guard, warror, elem)

No more hybrid classes.

It would also be a good idea to prohibit, in competitive tournament classes. No more two revenant. 2 Mesmer. 2 ele. etc. You only have 9 classes, try that players are forced to seek diversity, and when there is an unbalanced class, no one can abuse it.

(edited by Zento.7401)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

pooor reaper cant hit with gs… welcome to warrior’s world and have fun while been outkited. Oh no, i should tell something that all those skilled necro have been saying to me in these years of kiting: l2p.

pathetic attempt to trash, and dont even compare the GS of those classes nab

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I don’t like the weasel words you people use like may and slightly. We all know what needs to be adjusted and it better be adjusted and fairly significantly. Scrappers, Tempests, Chronos, and Heralds all need to be nerfed and I wouldn’t use the words may or slightly with any of them. Conversely while Warriors and Thieves need buffs don’t get carried away.

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

- Thief: In my experience, thief autoattacks were never weak, which is why this note surprises me. Most of all I’d like to stress that thief is a very sensitive class to balance. Nerfing its main opposition in the same patch as giving it substantial buffs can and will likely lead to trouble. As Sindrener said, it’s more the other classes being out of line, than thief being lacking in any aspect. This might sound like a ‘chicken-or-the-egg’ argument, but it’s not. This same logic does not apply so extremely to other professions. Acro changes are very welcome

You’re partly right – thief autoattacks were never weak and don’t really need a buff – the damage is too high all around (= all classes) since June – whatever the reason (I’m speaking of wvw but I think the differences to pvp are neglectable). Even before June I couldn’t really get my autoattacks in as I had to evade all attacks (it’s even worse now with all the passive regen, blocks, migation) – buffing the AA dmg while leaving the defenses as they are won’t help anything.
But: All classes dish out as much damage as a thief, so in comparison thief doesn’t do “enough” damage as the class hasn’t got enough sustain for a longer fight.
So yes, best would be to make another ferocity patch to tone down all damage of all classes and “leave thief out of it”.

ETA: So in the end what we have now: Everybody deals way too much damage but most classes have got that many passives that they can’t be hurt unless they make a grave mistake. And that is what lead to the bunker meta.

ETA²: Forgot (I wrote it a million times on the forums, that’s why) : Thief as a class is far from fine – some all or nothing builds still work but the defense is really lacking and I guess the evades might become a problem in the future when the game is halfway balanced again. One thing I’ll never get is why reveal was brought into the game as it destroys the whole SA line (which is kitten since June, btw) and also burst/repositioning even without SA = all defense (minus evades) thief has got.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I dont know about you guys, but i’m not crossing fingers, holding my breath or keeping hope. The balance news has really no specifics & can not be more vague. It’s a lot of fluff & i already had in the pass my dose of kool-Aid from Arena net. Will see when we will see.

In the mean time i’ll play something else. Good luck. Be back when it’s fix.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Incrase AA damage to leave initiative to defensive skills is a good thing, but they should lower other classes dmg output.

Expecially instaskills, which can’t be countered.

No matter how good you are, you can just “predict” and hope you don’t waste a dodge or an evasive skill. And this is rng, not skill.

Sometimes i think devs don’t play very often this game, or they could have seen that a thief can die only by walking into an afk dh.

Also, would like instead some evasive skills and traits.
Something like:

-Your dodge skill can pass through barriers ( there’s no point in be trapped for infinite seconds by 1 single skill, like dragonhunter do )
-Protection/Resistance for a few seconds while at X% hp
-Withdraw cd lowered back to 15 ( you just incrased it cause now is possible to lower it by traits? I don’t know, but you must consider that no1 can use that trait cause bountiful theft is a must ).

These are just exemples.

ps: dodge can evade unblockable attacks, so why i slip on engineer oil while i dodge or evade?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Riposting Shadows:
-Returns 50 endurance
-Evades
-Stun Break

There’s a laundry list of utilities that need to be chopped up, not just shaved, but chopped up. It’s actually pathetic when you look at some of the older utilities and compare them to the newer ones.

Hear hear!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.1469

Shadow Dragon.1469

I used to enjoy / actually have fun playing this game anet now I’m just forcing myself to play for winter day rewards (last day) I will be keeping an eye on what changes you bring. Used to like the game over other cause I thought it took skill but that just isn’t the case anymore.

playing with ALL classes keeps it fun that’s how i do it

in PvP

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

please take a look a dragonhunter longbow skill trueshot too, that skill does so much dmg while on ranger the only dmg skill is on a long channel so it is much more easy to avoid its dmg
at the moment the dragonhunter is the much better ranger
not only are its traps much strong the bow is also stronger as on ranger
oh and of course improving some AA on ranger would be nice too as it does not even do as much dmg as current thief autoattacks

(edited by Eiffel.8937)

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

please take a look a dragonhunter longbow skill trueshot too, that skill does so much dmg while on ranger the only dmg skill is on a long channel so it is much more easy to avoid its dmg
at the moment the dragonhunter is the much better ranger
not only are its traps much strong the bow is also stronger as on ranger
oh and of course improving some AA on ranger would be nice too as it does not even do as much dmg as current thief autoattacks

Don’t forget that you also have a pet – I hope you included that into your “we don’t do as much damage as a thief”.

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

When it comes to business, it’s generally accepted around the world that Winter/whatever season starts on the first full month of that season. If you go from the solstice/equinox, that means January is the first full month of Winter, April for Spring, July for Summer, and October for Autumn. This is what quarterly reports and etc. are usually measured by, and also the months aimed for all of these balance patches to hit considering the first of these quarterly patches happened in October.

Or, you can not get bogged down in semantics.

Call me Smith.

(edited by Proven.2854)

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

In other words, rev nerfs with NO COMPENSATION.

Half legends will remain worthless

To be fair, the game has only been worse since Rev came on the scene. Coincidence?

The game has only been worse since they started focusing on PvP :^)

Ouch!

Truth hurts, but I agree 100%.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

To summarize and decode the balance updates in a measurable way:

Ele: Less def, more atk
Nerf: Diamond Skin
Ups: Air Trait line, Scepter

Engineer: Less sustain (Maybe)
Nerf: none
Ups: Traits

Guardian: Less atk (DH)
Nerf: Dragon Hunter Spec.
Ups: Traits, skills

Mesmer: ???
Nerf: Alacracy
Ups: Scepter

Necromancer: More sustain
Nerf: None
Ups: Elites, Shroud

Ranger: More atk, more def
Ups: Shouts, Pets (future)

Revenant: Less def (maybe),
Nerf: Sword
Ups: Sword

Thief: More damage, more mobility
Ups: Auto Attack, Acrobatics Trait line

Warrior: More damage, more sustain
Ups: Riffle, Berserk.

In general seems quite good in general, still worried about Necromancer that was already good, now is getting better. … Hopefully the maybes become a fact.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!