Balance Goals for the Winter 2016 Update

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Nerf everything. Do you understand what power creep is ANET ? DO YOU ?!!

Yeah and the power creep is the real reason why every squishy class had to go full bunker in the first place. If they nerf bunker they will be nerfing the symptom and not the cause, and everything will just get worse.

That’s…debatable. I don’t think bunker Tempest, for example, is fine.

Thieves almost purely play Marauder, not bunker (because, well, they can’t really).

Guardians are also thrust into burst and damage with Dragonhunter.

So, the only squishy forced into full bunker stats is the Tempest (actually uses Celestial) and that’s because they’ve been built to just sustain forever. There’s just way too much sustain and not enough good damage options, at least not against super bunkers like…Tempests and Chronomancers and by good damage options, I mean ones that encourage risky play with Marauder/Zerker stats instead of just out-sustaining everything with Celestial.

I know, and playing tempest myself I can say I hate it. All the beta weekends I was asking for damage traits instead of bunker traits. They just never listened.

Tempest has no variety, all the traits are defensive, and auramancer wasn’t a good idea since it overlaps water. We certainy didnt need more healing and 7% more protection either.

What the ele needed was a range weapon that does faster spike damage to 1 target, as a complementary to staff, instead of warhorn which does nothing interesting at all and some kitten to survive all the damage buffs other classes got with their elite professions.

I forgot Tempests even had Warhorn :^)

They might be able to rectify these issues with this next patch by improving Scepter and reducing the sustain across the board (as in, almost every class needs sustain nerfs except Warrior and arguably Thief), although I’m sure it’s unlikely to succeed in just one patch. Regardless, I wont be playing Elementalist again for a very long time.

I find it extremely worrying that they aren’t even mentioning warhorn changes, the new ele weapon that nobody is using.

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

All you guys being outraged that there is talk of buffing thieves autoattack: They buffed thieves pistol damage a while back – did anything change, no. So: don’t be afraid – a thief rarely uses autoattack and this isn’t going to bring thief back. Nor will your classes be the next thieves with some tweaks – it took three years of random nerfs to destroy thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Im not sure that thieves ’’rarely’’ use autoattacks… hmm no.

Also nerfs, like p 5, sd 3, s 1, etc… were ok. A must.

And i m talking as thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

please take a look a dragonhunter longbow skill trueshot too, that skill does so much dmg while on ranger the only dmg skill is on a long channel so it is much more easy to avoid its dmg
at the moment the dragonhunter is the much better ranger
not only are its traps much strong the bow is also stronger as on ranger
oh and of course improving some AA on ranger would be nice too as it does not even do as much dmg as current thief autoattacks

Don’t forget that you also have a pet – I hope you included that into your “we don’t do as much damage as a thief”.

no I did not forget about pets but the sad truth is that besides the two pets mentioned in this thread
the dmg from the other pets is neglectible especially if we are talking about frontline pets againts moving targets
if the pets would actually jump directly into the enemies face when I press F1 and did dmg I would not have complained about the low dmg of ranger AA compared to thieves

What auto attack are you talking about anyway? From which weapon?

here 3 Screenshots as example using sword
with zerker amulet and runes of the pack

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Grouch, one Amulet suggestion:

Malicious (?) Amulet:

- 1050 Condition Damage
- 1050 Vitality
- 560 Expertise
- 560 Precision

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I forgot Tempests even had Warhorn :^)

I occasionally see an ele using 1 in a match and just laugh at them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Sceptre and Warhorn buffs for ele needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Im not sure that thieves ’’rarely’’ use autoattacks… hmm no.

Also nerfs, like p 5, sd 3, s 1, etc… were ok. A must.

And i m talking as thief.

nah the SD3 change was crap, atrocious weapon set right now

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

“Increasing both defensive and offensive” capabilities of the ranger ?
Really ?
Don’t you think druids dominate enough as it is ?

Oooh no they’re crap in group fights, might as well make the pet attacks aoe and perma prot then.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Aside from skill adjustments, another way we can adjust balance in PvP is by looking at the runes/sigils/amulets that are available for use through the customization panel.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts (with the high-level goals from the blog in-mind) on adding/removing various sigils/amulets/runes. In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

I know we’ve had this conversation a few times before, but it’s always important to have this discussion with the correct context in mind.

Remove amulets that have both toughness and vitality on them..

Let people get one or the other.

This game is a lot of fun when the fights are lethal (when most of the team is berserker or marauder). It makes you play smarter because you don’t have defensive stats to lean on.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Snip.

I’ve thought through the implications of removing cele from PvP and what would happen to elementalist quite a bit, actually. It’s pretty risky. I think elementalist would need a new 4 stat combo to be viable at roughly the same level (maybe something like 1050pow/1050condi/560vit/560healing).

Why don’t you guys first look at normalizing health pools? With so many defensive traits available, for all professions, it no longer makes sense that someone with berserker is walking around with 11k health and someone else with 18-19k.

+1 This is a huge issue.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Normalising health (and maybe toughness?) and then nerfing elementalist sustain, etc, would be a good way to fix ele OP survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Aside from skill adjustments, another way we can adjust balance in PvP is by looking at the runes/sigils/amulets that are available for use through the customization panel.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts (with the high-level goals from the blog in-mind) on adding/removing various sigils/amulets/runes. In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

I know we’ve had this conversation a few times before, but it’s always important to have this discussion with the correct context in mind.

Remove amulets that have both toughness and vitality on them..

Let people get one or the other.

This game is a lot of fun when the fights are lethal (when most of the team is berserker or marauder). It makes you play smarter because you don’t have defensive stats to lean on.

I agree. Bunkers should have enough defense to defend against ONLY 1 player. Any help or +1 should absolutely destroy them. That will force them to rotate and play better.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Normalising health (and maybe toughness?) and then nerfing elementalist sustain, etc, would be a good way to fix ele OP survivability.

Well the problem with the ele is that full bunker it may be OP from a survival point of view but anything else it gets 1-shot to death. Anyway I’m not sure full bunker ele is really more OP than full bunker Chronomancer, Druid, Guard and War… All full bunker builds are annoying as hell.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

What about fun?
The updates are always just tooltip and number crunches. Once in a while we get a complete skill change on a skill we didn’t want changed whilst ones we wanted changed remains untouched.
At this stage of the game, I don’t think it needs to be mentioned that no one is having fun…in a game. They are annoyed by leagues, hotjoin is a side swap mess, ranked has wild MMR and ranked matches premade versus PuG.
Where is the fun? Each day you make this unneeded profession representation, so each day you only see a majority of those 4 professions. If thief or warrior is part of it for the day, you only see 3 of the 4 represented because no one wants to touch either of the those professions competitively.
No mention of quality of life, changes to enhance the fun factor. Just changes based on the politics of the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
The original mission statement for the Pvp division was “No whack-a-mole.” Look carefully at your previous balances..first you give, then you take away, then you give, then you take away.
Give up on the idea of imperfect balance. There is not enough resource in game to achieve it. Aim for perfect balance. At least this way it is accepted that in perfect balanced games it can take years, if not decades to become familiar with all known tactics and counters.
The continuation or giving shouts, then nerfing shouts; giving traps then nerfing traps, giving immunity, then nerfing immunity..it is whack-a-mole at its finest. You create problem then fix it by creating another problem. You want the game to be an animation game, then want to fix the over communication of visual skills by introducing new skills that have more animations.

You have a lot riding on this balance patch. If top management wont let you do what you need to do this patch..time to hit the job section, because it will be the no subscription only that will keep the game PvP thread bare alive.

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

please take a look a dragonhunter longbow skill trueshot too, that skill does so much dmg while on ranger the only dmg skill is on a long channel so it is much more easy to avoid its dmg
at the moment the dragonhunter is the much better ranger
not only are its traps much strong the bow is also stronger as on ranger
oh and of course improving some AA on ranger would be nice too as it does not even do as much dmg as current thief autoattacks

Don’t forget that you also have a pet – I hope you included that into your “we don’t do as much damage as a thief”.

no I did not forget about pets but the sad truth is that besides the two pets mentioned in this thread
the dmg from the other pets is neglectible especially if we are talking about frontline pets againts moving targets
if the pets would actually jump directly into the enemies face when I press F1 and did dmg I would not have complained about the low dmg of ranger AA compared to thieves

What auto attack are you talking about anyway? From which weapon?

here 3 Screenshots as example using sword
with zerker amulet and runes of the pack

I love arguments involving target golems – that’s so cool and says so much (our dev did that too – responsible for some nerfs as the target golem was devastated).

Here’s the thing: Thieves are that squishy that they don’t have time to stay in other classes AoE and to autoattack – that’s why increased melee AA damage won’t help at all – not even against bosses in PvE.

ETA: I meant “which ranger weapon did you mean” btw.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Snip.

I’ve thought through the implications of removing cele from PvP and what would happen to elementalist quite a bit, actually. It’s pretty risky. I think elementalist would need a new 4 stat combo to be viable at roughly the same level (maybe something like 1050pow/1050condi/560vit/560healing).

Any gear set for Ele in SPVP without vit/toughness/healing is no go.

vit/healing does not mean crap in sPVP without toughness, it is just waste of stats.

If you do something you mention above and there will be no gear available for ele with power/condi/vit/toughness/healing, I will just park my ele in sPVP.

I will just refuse to be the masturbation object for a thief, mesmer, …..

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Ele with celestial – too strong
Ele without celestial – too weak

How to live ?
So ele has to stay a jack of all trades and fulfill every role as they see fit ?
Don’t give me the excuse that they can’t master all of them because even if they can’t be OP at something with one, with 4 attunements at a time (or which ele use the most) they get a strong standing ground mixing all those abilities which are both boosted by traits and celestial stats.
(Sometimes it feels like the very concept of elementalist is OP but what do I know?)

P.S.
Guardian’s hammer should get a good touch as well.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Any chance of finally having a split between PvP and PvE balance with a very clear pop up saying some skills/traits do less/more damage or have longer/shorter duration?

Example: Celestial stats are widely considered extremely strong in PvP while in PvE celestial is just flat out terrible and keeps getting worse with every nerf.

Most classes just don’t really have a whole lot of build diversity in PvE because the damage coefficients are kept lower because of all the extra conditions, cc or defence on the weapon which makes 1-2 weapons almost universally the best choice. A lot of the time this is rendered either pointless by break bar/boss mechanics or is made redundant because of the way AI can be easily outsmarted.

It works the other way too, skills that are finely balanced in PvP or underwhelming (ele conjures, namely icebow) can’t really be buffed too much otherwise suddenly become overpowered in PvE areas or WvW.

I do hope you consider splitting the balance and making it clear that while traits and skills will do roughly the same thing they may not be completely the same. You don’t have to make it wildly different just different costs, slightly different cool downs, coefficients, scaling etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Guardians are worthless in high-end PvP.

Guardians are worthless in Raids.

Anyone saying Guardians/DH should be nerfed clearly knows nothing about balance. This game shouldn’t be balanced around noobs who get wrecked by Traps because they are unable to dodge role. DHs are the most easiest class to counter, they are super mega squishy.

The only reason, and truly the ONLY reason DH is getting nerfed, is because of noobs who can’t even make Ruby rank and AFK in Traps came to the forums and cried, they flooded the forums with tears forcing the devs to act, even tho DH are 100% useless in high-end PvP.

If core Guardian isn’t buffed, this class will be the worst in GW history. Worse then Thiefs currently are.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also think das DH is a nice class and not OP. Somtimes i get cought in the CC trap. This is a problem when focus fired because i need to stay mobile. Well 2s CD on a strong shot feels low but i don´t play DH and personaly have no issue against it.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dh is easy cuz u fight them as cele/bunkery/sustainy. Yes Dh r predictable, but if tanky meta shifts Dhs will have it easier, and they already shut down good thieves

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

These changes are being pushed to accommodate the large and clueless amber player base. You cannot honestly tell me DHS are too strong. They are trash tier in high PvP AND raids. Are you kidding me?

We NEED skill splits between sPVP and pve! These changes cannot be pushed otherwise

in PvP

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

“Increasing both defensive and offensive” capabilities of the ranger ?
Really ?
Don’t you think druids dominate enough as it is ?

Oooh no they’re crap in group fights, might as well make the pet attacks aoe and perma prot then.

Direct citation from the post:
“We’ll be looking into some of the ranger’s less used traits and increasing both defensive and offensive options while giving a few specialized traits a bit more allure.”

Options =/= capabilities, just saying…

I think those mentioned offensive and defensive options are tied to the shouts rework:
“In the first quarterly update, we’ll also be improving the ranger’s shout utility category, giving them more unique utility.”

Pretty much no-one uses shouts because they are quite terrible (there are some good ones) so making them worth using gives those options.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Any update on soloq? Or any news about balancing the game for three separate game types individually? I know I’m beating a dead horse to the point where the bones are now dust, but it still needs to be addressed.

Countless

(edited by Trigr.6481)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I’m gonna propose something crazy here:

Don’t touch warriors or thieves. At all.

Instead, nerf everything else down to their level :P

sips his tea

Once things are adjusted, you’re going to see how strong thieves will be. The constant dodging, condition cleanse on evade, and increase in damage on AA. The only thing stopping s/p or s/d is the damage output.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Ranger
We’ll be looking into some of the ranger’s less used traits and increasing both defensive and offensive options while giving a few specialized traits a bit more allure. In the first quarterly update, we’ll also be improving the ranger’s shout utility category, giving them more unique utility. In the future, we’ll continue to explore ways to improve on the ranger’s ties to both their pets and nature. We’re still looking at the druid’s viability in group scenarios and will continue to monitor its overall effectiveness, making changes where necessary
——————————————————————————

Ive resisted playing Ranger in pvp up until now but if DH, Rev and Scrapper (my current 3 pvp toons) are going to get nerfed, no prizes to guess which one i will be experimenting with next month. FOTM ftw! haha

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I have yet to see a post from anet acknowledging that this game suffers from power creep. So this balance patch will probably just be a shift of power, certainly not a significant tone down.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I have yet to see a post from anet acknowledging that this game suffers from power creep. So this balance patch will probably just be a shift of power, certainly not a significant tone down.

I’m pretty sure the power creep is their attempt at creating “fast paced” combat.

It’s a bit ironic considering the game has always been criticized for being too “busy” – too many effects flying around etc.
And unfortunately, all it’s done so far is lower the skill ceiling (significantly) and frustrate the players.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

So impatient to see mesmer forced to shatter burster again…and be eaten alive by untouchable spammy evading thieves.
So impatient to see this insta teleport stun op skill which offer no counterplay for squishy builds.
You want to buff thieves ?
Remove their insta uncounterable skills first.

in PvP

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

Yeah like thief with daredevil the utility of that specialization basically makes it a must have for a thief but the design of it has absolutely no synergy with shadow arts. Then for initiative and initiative management the trickery line has to be used in most cheese builds. However I do have one last build that shadow arts still works in for trapper the acrobatics they talk about will just completely ruin shadow arts.

Same with revenant the sword is really good however because the shield and axe skills are so much better compared to the offhand sword skills they say oh we are just going to nerf those because it does too much damage on main hand so they will never see swords being used again.

This has got to be an april fools joke or either they need to learn what the concept of balance actually means.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

The dragonhunter elite specialization has proven to have a very solid impact in many areas of the game……

WUT ????

Are you serious ?
Which areas ? Puzzle jump ? Trading ?

Go back to your cave, Dragonhunter as been used (and dominating) in SPVP at least since HoT launch even with the nerfs it got.

I am affraid you are complete ignorant at best. Currently there are three professions not played at all in tournaments: warriors,thieves and guardians.
Of course you are maybe talking about low level pvp..but here dominating is possible with everything.
Maybe it is time for you to go out of your cave and see real world.

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

The dragonhunter elite specialization has proven to have a very solid impact in many areas of the game……

WUT ????

Are you serious ?

Go back to your cave, Dragonhunter as been used (and dominating) in SPVP at least since HoT launch even with the nerfs it got.

I am affraid you are complete ignorant at best. Currently there are three professions not played at all in tournaments: warriors,thieves and guardians.
Of course you are maybe talking about low level pvp..but here dominating is possible with everything.

Sorry, which tournaments? Official ESL and so on? Who cares about it?

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

WUT ????

Are you serious ?

lets be little bit more accurate

low mid lvl – no warrior , low thief, low power mes, low guard, no condi build beside necro and rev (power rev doing comeback)

high tier – no warrior, no thief, no power mes, no guard, no condi build beside rev (used to)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

WUT ????

Are you serious ?

Sorry, which tournaments? Official ESL and so on? Who cares about it?

I enjoy dh on enemy team.. dat freekills. Dh is only a problem in low level pvp.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Buff Deadly Chills damage. It is only thing making GS necro worth it.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I like how these threads get overwhelmed by players of current meta builds demanding fixes for there classes which haven’t even been nerfed yet meanwhile warriors, thieves, and guardians have been hurting for months. God help you may not be top of the heap for a short time.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I like how these threads get overwhelmed by players of current meta builds demanding fixes for there classes which haven’t even been nerfed yet meanwhile warriors, thieves, and guardians have been hurting for months. God help you may not be top of the heap for a short time.

So when Warriors, Thieves, and Guardians were at the top, it wasn’t okay for them to ask for bug fixes or for lesser options to be changed?

in PvP

Posted by: Oroku Saki.7185

Oroku Saki.7185

I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago because of the state of pvp, I’m glad the quarterly changes are approaching fast. Anways…

Scrapper
Hammer 2 – lower the damage
Hammer 3 – lower to 2 strikes
Slickshoes – allow players to successfully dodge through it
Sneak Gyro – This is entirely too powerful; I recommend either increasing it’s cooldown, lower it’s effectiveness by allowing the scrapper be stealthed for a maximum of X amount of seconds, once the total time is reached then it’s automatically detonated.

Auto attacks on hammer stack might so Scrappers do more damage as the fight progresses – lower the base damage on those two skills would be a nice way to balance them since they are so defensive.

Reaper
-lower the damage on chill
-Staff 5 shouldn’t be a mark, but rather a single target ability.
-Warhorn 4 shouldn’t be unblockable
-Dagger mainhand – lower the auto attack damage so that it’s NOT better than or equal to thief auto attack damage.
-Axe mainhand should have a 3rd attack string
-Greatsword – make a trait that let’s necros have increased speed when wielding a greatsword and take away the speed increase when a dagger is equipped.

I think Death Shroud should diminish when out of combat, but should be easily gained during combat

Dragonhunter
-Test of Faith should damage to players that physically cross the blades excluding dodge, it shouldn’t do damage to players that use teleports to get out of the AOE.
-Dragonmaw – Make the barrier that holds the player more noticeable.
-the trait Bulwark should be nerfed and should increase the duration on Shield of Courage by 1 second.
-Shield of Courage, I think the aegis refresh rate is 20 seconds – this is good.

Druid
-nerf the bristleback and smokescale’s damage

Tempest
-I recommend giving elementalists an overall base increase to vitality
-Diamond Skin – change it so that conditions applied have reduced duration and damage
-Warhorn skills either need a faster cast time or the skills need to be generated faster.
-Overload Air – This ability is fantastic, but it’s too good. Remove the “lingering static region” and just have this ability cause an AOE blind when it ends.

Scepter
FIRE
-Flamestrike should be a two part chain attack
-Dragon’s Tooth – remove this ability from Scepter 2 and make it Focus 5
-make Fire 2 something else.

WATER
-Shatterstone – rework this ability so that it’s a targetedable condition that chills and does damage or make Scepter 2 Freezing Gust.

EARTH
-Stone Shard – increase the damage

FOCUS
WATER
-Make Focus 4 a heal and make Freezing Gust Scepter 2

Chronomancer
-the trait Blinding Dissipation should be nerfed so that Cry of Frustration and Diversion blind on shatter and not Mind Wrack and Distortion
-the trait Mental Anguish should be nerfed so that the damage on shatter is 10% and the damage against inactivity is 20%
-Echo of Memory and Deja Vu should have a block time of 1 second

This shatters do too much damage while having access to 4 instant blinds on top of their already defensive nature.

That’s all I can think of for now

in PvP

Posted by: Xiaka.2814

Xiaka.2814

About Amulets: More customization will be welcome, maybe split stats in 2 different amulets will bring more viable options for the amulets that actually are not being used by anyone.

About Sigils: Lots of sigils in the game, but only a few are useful for diffferent reasons.

Sigil of Rage: It was nerfed to the ground time ago, quickness is a very strong buff but 30 seconds cooldown is too much. Maybe a diferent functionality such as gain fury (3 or 5 seconds) on weapon swap will be better. Currently any sigil allows you to gain fury.

Sigil of Nullification: RIght now this is a 1 boon removal every 10 seconds, depending on critical hit and no control about when is it going to trigger. This sigil will be much more interesting if it was in the category of “weapon swap” (because you can control when is it going to trigger) and maybe if it removes 2 boons instead of 1.

All sigils in Chance on hit category: They have a tiny effect and a high cooldown, maybe a slightly increase on the effect or a slightly decrease in the cooldown will make them more useful.

Sigil categories: Maybe adding new trigger categories will be fun.

About Runes: We have a lot of runes in game right now, but most of them are not useful.

Rune of the citadel: The rune is right but the effect of summoning a bomb is just not strong enough compared to other offensive runes, because it depends on you getting hit, so it should be a defensive effect. Maybe a blinding flash (no damage, just blind) with a 15 or 20 seconds cooldown when struck will be more useful.

Rune of the fighter: Adding protection to the number 6 effect will make this run stronger giving offensive and defensive bonus. It should have a larger cooldown on that effect (15 seconds?) for not abusing with some fast recharged healing skills.

Rune of Lyssa: Maybe increasing the condition duration to 10-15% will be better. Also adding 10-15% boon duration effect will make this runes stronger because it converts conditions into boons through number 6 efffect. However number 4 effect is not strong enough, maybe “when using a heal skill gain fury for 5 seconds and a random boon (cooldown: 10 secs)”

Rune of Rata Sum: Number 6 effect has an insane cooldown. Decreasing it to 15-20 seconds will make the rune more effective. Maybe add an effect on number 4 such as, “50% chance to poison enemies around you when struck 15 seconds cooldown)”.

Rune of the Dolyak: Add a -25% condition (like melandru) duration on you will be useful for self tanky builds. Maybe regeneration from number 6 should scale with Healing power in a stronger way.

Rune of Mercy: Add the effect “gain 2-3 seconds of resistance when you start to revive an ally” to the current effects.

Rune of Resistance: All the effects should be reworked. Number 2 effect: Gain resistance (2 second) when you are struck (15 seconds cooldown), Number 4 effect Gain protection (2-3 seconds) when you are struck (15 seconds cooldown), Number 6 effect: Gain a small amount of health (scales through Healing power) when you use a signet (5-10 seconds cooldown).

Runes in the category of vitality, ferocity and Healing Power have in general a very weak special effects with long cooldowns, the list will be enormous if I continue.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

As far as I know dragon hunter was never nerfed at all.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

they received one or two very small nerfs, i.e. one that prevents Test of Faith from being able to deal damage to someone more than once every 0.75sec to prevent anet’s horrid detection system from making the trap hit you literally 7 times if you walked an inch along the rim of it

dragonhunters, despite still being completely faceroll cry and moan about it to no end.

guardians and engineers (and now druids) are the spoiled brats of GW2. the second someone says they need to be brought in line they almost always immediately start whining about scenarios that don’t exist and possibilities that have no chance of happening.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

On DH just because they are able to be handled at the higher level of PvP doesn’t mean that their traps aren’t doing too much damage. But one would hope that they get buffed in other areas.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The best part is how they’re admitting that balance is out of whack, and has been out of whack for a long time, but decided to release an expansion with a bunch of new elite specs and a whole new class to balance anyway.

Shouldn’t this sort of stuff have been worked out well in advance of hoT, rather than waiting until afterward? most of these proposed balance changes have nothing to do with elite specs are are core balance problems the affected classes have had since the specialization update.

It’s sad it took the failure of an esports-based marketing stunt to get to this point, no matter how awesome it is that they’re actually bothering to try and get balance right.

Let’s hope this new ‘depth not breadth’ isn’t just empty platitudes, and these balance passes are presided over by some fresh eyes, as it’s obvious the people in charge of things up to this point have either not been seleted for design acument, or aren’t being organized in a manner that allows them to communicate and balance the game as a cohesive whole.

There has never been a time in GW2 where every class on offer actually had a valuable use in PvP. That’s telling. if this patch can hand at least one viable build to every class it will be a marked improvement.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

they received one or two very small nerfs, i.e. one that prevents Test of Faith from being able to deal damage to someone more than once every 0.75sec to prevent anet’s horrid detection system from making the trap hit you literally 7 times if you walked an inch along the rim of it

dragonhunters, despite still being completely faceroll cry and moan about it to no end.

guardians and engineers (and now druids) are the spoiled brats of GW2. the second someone says they need to be brought in line they almost always immediately start whining about scenarios that don’t exist and possibilities that have no chance of happening.

I can understand why you’re bitter and talking kitten.

You play thf, the only class that always gets its kitten kicked in by guards, even more so after DH.

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I like the changes to daimond skin. Things like ds that can completely shut out certain builds shouldnt exist imo. Im also a fan of scepter ele so im glad its getting more attention.

Also like the idea of spreading out damage on revenant sword but i wonder how that will workout with impossible odds as a dps tool. Not only was the auto a strong attack but the other skills cost energy and auto doesnt. I also still see revenant as lacking in the condi removal and management department. With ds changed there will be a lot more condi builds around me thinks. If revenant is going to get a overall nerf in damage i would really like to see their condi removal boosted.

Necro base shroud is really bad right now compared to reaper so def buff base shroud plz :]

I feel like dragonhunter isnt really that strong beyond being a noob killer. I find it really ez to work around their traps and i dont think the traps need a damage nerf. The changes on disruption i can see though as there is way too much cc in game across all classes.

With nerfs to dragonhunter, mes and daimond skin I can definitly see theif becoming way more popular. Their escapists absolution trait is great for countering condi with daimond skin beign changed, and the dps boost should help too. Im not a theif main but i never saw them as a bad class, they just seem harder to play in the current meta with so much bloks, cc and evasion. There are definitly some very well played theives out there.

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

Ok here is my opinion to the Balance-goals.
I play necro and i am on diamond with a wins% of about ~64% .
The situation now is that u have a few choices to play necromancer successfull (which is a improvement to some other professions) – i prefer the carrion Frostfire build with some little changes(Rune,Sigil).
But whatever u play, u are forced to pick the “Soul Reaper” + “Reaper” skill-path to play successfull on higher MMR. You cant ignore them cause these 2 ones give the necro all its power ( Lifeforce, Damage, Chill, Might, Surviveability, …).
When u only change or improve the new* grandmaster trait* u dont intend players to play different styles u force people a lot more to the same builds and play styles.

The most important boon for players in the current meta is to have a source of stability due to massive CC of DH traps, pulls, Mesmer fountains, Ranger/Druids, Engineer Slick Shoes, … .
If u dont pick Reaper shroud or “Chilled to the Bone” u cant press any buttons in a teamfight cause of continious interruptions. Even the “Lich Form” is useless, cause 1 Stack Stability is a joke. Dodging is hardly possible with the new aoe-cc-skills of HOT (e.g. DH-elite trap is too small to dodge within it’s area cause u are struck down when hitting it, but it becomes too powerfull when u increase its aoe.

So please look at all Skill-paths and try to switch/change traits in overall – not only the grandmaster one. And maybe you can find a way to give players the choice to choose their favorite Shroud-form regardless of the chosen skill-paths !

Edit.:

general improvements:
- Amuletts are not listet in every categorie they should be listet yet (regarding their benefits)
- There are many Runes but no real difference in picking Runes for Condition builds
—> adding/changing some Runes to get more use of effects/auras (giving boons like aegis, regeneration, stability, speed, …) – who cares that Duration increases ?!
- furthermore i feel that those %-bonus on some attributes of Runes in PvP could be stronger in general to get more use of them.
- pls increase the Super-Speed Duration of the Sigil (1 second feels not very usefull)

ps.: i am sorry for my english

(edited by wwDefuser.2056)

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Any chance with the upcoming patch to see another achievement for wings of glory?

we need 1 more single achievement to reach the backpack by using 1 single class.

please, this is spvp and we all want to play the class we like.

or set one of the old achievements to count as point to reach 11/11.

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteRabbit.6931

WhiteRabbit.6931

I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago because of the state of pvp, I’m glad the quarterly changes are approaching fast. Anways…

Scrapper
Hammer 2 – lower the damage
Hammer 3 – lower to 2 strikes
Slickshoes – allow players to successfully dodge through it
Sneak Gyro – This is entirely too powerful; I recommend either increasing it’s cooldown, lower it’s effectiveness by allowing the scrapper be stealthed for a maximum of X amount of seconds, once the total time is reached then it’s automatically detonated.

Auto attacks on hammer stack might so Scrappers do more damage as the fight progresses – lower the base damage on those two skills would be a nice way to balance them since they are so defensive.

Reaper
-lower the damage on chill
-Staff 5 shouldn’t be a mark, but rather a single target ability.
-Warhorn 4 shouldn’t be unblockable
-Dagger mainhand – lower the auto attack damage so that it’s NOT better than or equal to thief auto attack damage.
-Axe mainhand should have a 3rd attack string
-Greatsword – make a trait that let’s necros have increased speed when wielding a greatsword and take away the speed increase when a dagger is equipped.

I think Death Shroud should diminish when out of combat, but should be easily gained during combat

Dragonhunter
-Test of Faith should damage to players that physically cross the blades excluding dodge, it shouldn’t do damage to players that use teleports to get out of the AOE.
-Dragonmaw – Make the barrier that holds the player more noticeable.
-the trait Bulwark should be nerfed and should increase the duration on Shield of Courage by 1 second.
-Shield of Courage, I think the aegis refresh rate is 20 seconds – this is good.

Druid
-nerf the bristleback and smokescale’s damage

Tempest
-I recommend giving elementalists an overall base increase to vitality
-Diamond Skin – change it so that conditions applied have reduced duration and damage
-Warhorn skills either need a faster cast time or the skills need to be generated faster.
-Overload Air – This ability is fantastic, but it’s too good. Remove the “lingering static region” and just have this ability cause an AOE blind when it ends.

Scepter
FIRE
-Flamestrike should be a two part chain attack
-Dragon’s Tooth – remove this ability from Scepter 2 and make it Focus 5
-make Fire 2 something else.

WATER
-Shatterstone – rework this ability so that it’s a targetedable condition that chills and does damage or make Scepter 2 Freezing Gust.

EARTH
-Stone Shard – increase the damage

FOCUS
WATER
-Make Focus 4 a heal and make Freezing Gust Scepter 2

Chronomancer
-the trait Blinding Dissipation should be nerfed so that Cry of Frustration and Diversion blind on shatter and not Mind Wrack and Distortion
-the trait Mental Anguish should be nerfed so that the damage on shatter is 10% and the damage against inactivity is 20%
-Echo of Memory and Deja Vu should have a block time of 1 second

This shatters do too much damage while having access to 4 instant blinds on top of their already defensive nature.

That’s all I can think of for now

So in other words you say… Buff ele and nerf everything else! lol…

If you applied those nerfs to mesmers you suggest, you kitten that class alot!

Its not hard to counter a mesmer once you know how the class work! I main mesm, and other mesmers are least of my problems (even when playing specs outside of chronobunk, wich I rarely play since Its booooooring).

Iam so tired of ignorant players calling for nerfs on classes, they got no clue about!!! And your suggestions here proves my point!

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

^

elementalist spotted.