Balance Patch 26th January - This is it?

in PvP

Posted by: Shemie.4286

Shemie.4286

We’ve been waiting pretty long for a balance patch, and this is what we get?

Ruby during guildchat: If we were to go through all the patch notes, it would take 4 hours.

Balance doesn’t mean kill ele or other (if others are destroyed). Warriors will remain where they are, no traitline fix which is CRUCIAL.

These changes to classes would take anybody 20min to figure out. Feel free to add me and take my gold, I’m going on a hiatus breeeeeeeeeeak.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

As others said: for a balance that will happen three times a year, I expected EACH class to look like at least the whole post concerning classes…
we got hundred or so abilities and tweaks possible and you give us a kittening 5% on mesmer scepter trait, slaps on some torment and BAM scepter rework…

And that’s not taking into account every other classes.
I’m very disappointed by what I saw.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

As others said: for a balance that will happen three times a year, I expected EACH class to look like at least the whole post concerning classes…
we got hundred or so abilities and tweaks possible and you give us a kittening 5% on mesmer scepter trait, slaps on some torment and BAM scepter rework…

You’re not the only one. Blade and Soul in korea managed to balance 5vs5 conquest. Idk how they can fail to balance so hard. I’ve never played such a balanced game in terms of pvp / openworld pvp before. Black Desert coming out soon <3.

No, but foreal. Jokes aside. Sometimes I just wonder if the balance team play their own game. For instance, their changes are something a regular player could easily figure out. What’s more disappointing is that the changes will remain for another 3 months, and by then people have found* " THE ULTIMATE BUILD THAT MAKES YOU UNSTOPABLE"* aka will be posted on metabattle. That is “where” the potential in the class shines, not some scrubby build the devs are running to test out.

Give it time, and I will promise you there’s something majorly wrong with this balance patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I think we can all agree with the disappointment that was today. When Ruby and co said that there were more balance changes which they wouldn’t address, I expected at least 4 which weren’t mentioned per profession, not just 1 or 2… For mesmer the only unexpected changes were to mistrust and feedback…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Shemie.4286

I think we can all agree with the disappointment that was today. When Ruby and co said that there were more balance changes which they wouldn’t address, I expected at least 4 which weren’t mentioned per profession, not just 1 or 2… For mesmer the only unexpected changes were to mistrust and feedback…

To sum it up: Lazy balance patch, most of the stuff got “fixed” old amulets are gone and new ones are in. And of course, let’s not forget the powercreep they just added.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The ele sceptre ‘fixes’ did nothing, as usual. Oh and they listening to absolutely ZERO feedback from the players.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Obviously, I blame Grouch.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

The ele sceptre ‘fixes’ did nothing, as usual. Oh and they listening to absolutely ZERO feedback from the players.

Actually, a couple things I said made it in.

Too bad they didn’t listen to all of it.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

There are actually quite a few changes have people actually read the patch notes?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5946360

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Shemie.4286

There are actually quite a few changes have people actually read the patch notes?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5946360

We all read it. There’s nothing SPECIAL in there. Those changes could be done by a 2 year old, that’s what I’m saying – there’s no fix. All they did was remove tanky amulets.

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

No, we came to complain without reading any of the things we were complaining about. /endsarcasm

The changes that were made aren’t innately terrible, we’ll see how they play out, but some seem poorly thought out and other things seem to be missing. When you tell a playerbase that they will only get 3 or 4 balance patches per year, we expect something substantial. This amount of change would be good if in the next month or two we were to see another similarly sized change. However, for the time between each patch we’re not seeing enough balance to assume that the game has a clear and proper direction with its balance updates.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Actually, a couple things I said made it in.

Too bad they didn’t listen to all of it.

What things?

in PvP

Posted by: jonnoy.1748

jonnoy.1748

[redacted comment that referred to deleted post]

But I am disappointed with the mesmer scepter changes.

“Additionally, we’ll be improving upon the scepter, which will be receiving updates through skills, functionality, and traits.”

I believe they changed one trait related to the scepter.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

[redacted comment that referred to deleted post]

But I am disappointed with the mesmer scepter changes.

“Additionally, we’ll be improving upon the scepter, which will be receiving updates through skills, functionality, and traits.”

I believe they changed one trait related to the scepter.

This is something I hate about their patch notes previews. They say they’re going to do these things, but we know from their history it’s about maybe a 50/50 shot, and worse, it leaves us wondering wtf they could be talking about. Just go down the list and tell us the dang notes, we don’t need banter, we don’t need overly long detailed explanations of WHY you’re doing this that and the other, we need/want the patch notes. You can take questions and do banter towards the dang end.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Foggy.9213

Foggy.9213

Necro Spam 1 to win
Thief Spam 2 to win, what’s next?

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Necro Spam 1 to win
Thief Spam 2 to win, what’s next?

Actually, thief can now also spam 1 to win. Fun fact in PvE necro is spam 2 to win now…

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah, a lot of the trait changes on minor things are inconsequential fluff (eg, Evasive Mirror 2s duration – big deal, as if anyone will take it over Blinding Dissipation anyway…).

It’s underwhelming, and at this rate of progression many things might never get seen to.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

You’re not the only one. Blade and Soul in korea managed to balance 5vs5 conquest. Idk how they can fail to balance so hard. I’ve never played such a balanced game in terms of pvp / openworld pvp before. Black Desert coming out soon <3.

No, but foreal. Jokes aside. Sometimes I just wonder if the balance team play their own game. For instance, their changes are something a regular player could easily figure out. What’s more disappointing is that the changes will remain for another 3 months, and by then people have found* " THE ULTIMATE BUILD THAT MAKES YOU UNSTOPABLE"* aka will be posted on metabattle. That is “where” the potential in the class shines, not some scrubby build the devs are running to test out.

Give it time, and I will promise you there’s something majorly wrong with this balance patch.

I don’t need time, I ALREADY know there’s something wrong.
Or did you mean beside the CLEAR lack of content for a quarter of the balance patch we’ll have this year?

Just go back to release history, back to 2013,2012… where they STILL made balance patch twice a month or so… Around same length and sometimes even less (minus some patches who were less meaningful) in term of actual changes…

In four months they don’t find MORE things to fix rather than in two weeks? I hardly find this believable. Especially we already have 25% of our balance we’ll get this years.

If you’re going to do LESS balance updates, AT LEAST put more content in it.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Yes. This is ridiculous. Basically all classes still have completely useless skill categories and weapons in PVP, more than 3 years after launch. Every ele utility besides cantrips and shouts is completely crap in pvp (MAYBE arcanes). Warriors basically only use stances and signets, scepters are still kitten weapons on ele and mesmer, etc.

This is ridiculous. If they have to completely gut complete playstyles (like they did for ele when removing celestial) they NEED to buff other unused skills and traits to open up new playstyles.

Otherwise they just remove complete classes from the game, which they did with ele and mesmer now. And of course warrior is still left out too.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Also not a single change for Tempest warhorn, a expansion weapon no one ever uses not even in pve.

in PvP

It’s rather unbelievable, is it not? Every single ele player keeps saying that scepter needs sustained damage buffs, preferably through autoattacks.

And what do they do? Almost the complete opposite. And their insane obsession with Shatterstone, a skill that was basically dead on arrival, is borderline creepy.

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

in PvP

Posted by: YuukiAsuna.3417

YuukiAsuna.3417

It’s rather unbelievable, is it not? Every single ele player keeps saying that scepter needs sustained damage buffs, preferably through autoattacks.

And what do they do? Almost the complete opposite. And their insane obsession with Shatterstone, a skill that was basically dead on arrival, is borderline creepy.

Hey watch you say about Anet’s balancing team! If you say that YOU DONT THINK THEY DID A GOOD JOB a moderator will come and ban you. Just happened on my main account XD

in PvP

Hey watch you say about Anet’s balancing team! If you say that YOU DONT THINK THEY DID A GOOD JOB a moderator will come and ban you. Just happened on my main account XD

This isn’t even my main account…

in PvP

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I actually laughed when i read the notes….I was like..Is this it? Also hilarious that Druids remain untouched when in PVP they bunker as good as if nto better than the Massivley nerfed Well Mesmer.

Other than the gliding in Tyria and the new lunar thing which i wasn;t expecting, there was nothing.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

I actually laughed when i read the notes….I was like..Is this it? Also hilarious that Druids remain untouched when in PVP they bunker as good as if nto better than the Massivley nerfed Well Mesmer.

Other than the gliding in Tyria and the new lunar thing which i wasn;t expecting, there was nothing.

Lesson learned. We shouldn’t expect much. I mean, of course they’re doing something good here and there, but the results of the pvp balance is a complete joke. We waited how many months, or years for a good balance patch? Nah, nothing happened. HoT popped in and killed pvp. You could actually see power warriors being played before HoT, now you don’t see one

in PvP

Posted by: Calydro.7268

Calydro.7268

3 times a year they balance pvp?

I remember imbalances being fixed within a week of being noticed in the first Guild Wars. What the hell changed?

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Anet literally does not have a dedicated balance team.

in PvP

YuukiAsuna.3417

Nah. I’m pretty sure they just pick random skills and say that’s too strong we’d better get rid of that! Followed by even more nerfing all while having a grand ole party. I don’t think it bothers them that no one wants to play warrior in PvP, or Mesmer now, etc

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

don’t worry,
you only have to wait until May and we’ll get another teaspoon of small changes.
warrior will be perfectly meta in a mere…65 years.

loving the 5% buff to healing sig, ty Anet.

in PvP

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Nah. I’m pretty sure they just pick random skills and say that’s too strong we’d better get rid of that! Followed by even more nerfing all while having a grand ole party. I don’t think it bothers them that no one wants to play warrior in PvP, or Mesmer now, etc

No, I’m serious they actually do not have a dedicated balance team on staff. As far as I’m aware balancing efforts are done by anyone available.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I personally liked the changes, and I am an ele main and almost exclussive …. been having lots of fun so …

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Lesson learned. We shouldn’t expect much. I mean, of course they’re doing something good here and there, but the results of the pvp balance is a complete joke. We waited how many months, or years for a good balance patch? Nah, nothing happened. HoT popped in and killed pvp. You could actually see power warriors being played before HoT, now you don’t see one

Pliz a few of us are there, but ANet seem like they want to make us a rifle version of longbow rangers instead (they keep buffing the weapon that encourages the most braindead gameplay out of all warrior builds), I mean if you’d replace the ranger’s bristleback by a rifle warrior after yesterday’s changes I’m not even sure you’d get something better :S I’ll now go back to enjoying my freshly buffed hammer skills, and pray I can hit one of those d/p teefs before I eat a 5k auto chain

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in PvP

YuukiAsuna.3417

No, I’m serious they actually do not have a dedicated balance team on staff. As far as I’m aware balancing efforts are done by anyone available.

And if that’s a case they have major issues that need solving. Otherwise there will never be any semblance of balance

in PvP

And if that’s a case they have major issues that need solving. Otherwise there will never be any semblance of balance

They’ve had these same issues for over 3 years now, what makes you think that they will solve these – actually VERY easy to solve – issues at all?

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Not unexpected, really. We’ve been asking ANet for these two little QoL changes. Mistrust is kitten, and Feedback was hard to utilize. We gave them things we knew they could handle; Adjust the code by a few numbers and maybe copy-pasta a line or two, and there we go. Truly, we have so much to be grateful for that they finally got to this.

in PvP

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Ye, but that costs more than getting Tom the unpaid intern to write some changes last minute and call it balance (note: I don’t know if the intern is actually named Tom).