Balance Patch Priority Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

High Priority:

-Chilling Death (top priority, downright broken especially in wvw without the 1 bleed cap)
-Bandit’s Defense
-Revenant in general (completely out of the Meta in both PvE and PvP)

Moderate Priority:

-Arc Divider (slightly overtuned because of effective range)
-Chrono Condi-Shatter Spam (not bad but really strong, slight tweak would be ok)

Could use tweaks:

-Warrior rifle (functionality should change because of the new elite specialization coming up for a certain class that will replace it’s current usage)
-Warrior OH Axe
-Ranger OH Axe
-Ranger Warhorn
-Necro Focus (4 skill is pretty terrible)
-Mallyx (too much reliance on resistance as a gimmick, which is easily stripped. Also torment, which does minimal damage in PvE)

Unusable skillsets:

-Engi Medkit
-Ventari outside of raids, needs QoL changes as its still gimmicky
-Jalis (forced engagement is especially bad)

Balanced:

-Ranger for the most part (druid bunker is really strong and hard to break, slight tweak might be ok)
-Warrior outside of Arc-Divider
-Guardian seems ok, burn/traps are still strong but not over the top
-Thief is in a good place outside of Bandit’s Defense
-Mesmer outside of chrono-spam, high skill ceiling helps to balance it
-Ele is generally in a good place, although the playstyle is still a bit stale (attunement spam)

Classes that need help:

-Revenant (by far worst profession in all game modes)
-Engineer (has some mobility issues, but for the most part still playable. Very high skill ceiling in comparison to performance. Could use some trait improvements and QoL.)
-Necro (very op with chilling death, but might become weak if this is taken away and not replaced with some good options. Chilling death 100% defines the class right now and that’s not ok)

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

There is no trait called Chilling death.

The trait you are presumably talking about is Deathly Chill. And no it’s not overtuned. Necro’s bleed application with the trait in sPvP is fairly low. Most condi builds actually have higher single target dps than necros in sPvP. The only thing that makes necros dangerous is the corrupts.

WvW is another story for another forum.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The game’s state of intra-class balance is actually in a good place right now for spvp.
What needs to be focused on more so is the new expansion and balancing those new implementations BEFORE RELEASE so that we don’t have another HoT situation on our hands where it takes 2 years to flatten out simple functions. The dream is that the new specs will be neither stronger or weaker than HoT specs and provide actually diversity in build structure.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Top Priority: Actually change the meta.

Last patch did pretty much nothing, that was 6 months ago, no sign of a patch and we got 6 months probably till next XPac. Who’s guessing we may have this meta till then?

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

There is no trait called Chilling death.

The trait you are presumably talking about is Deathly Chill. And no it’s not overtuned.

My thoughts exactly. Initially I was thinking that OP was talking about ‘chill of death’ (from spite line) so imagine my confusion.
Since I don’t play much WvW I can only speculate about how that trait affects that mode, so I don’t really have an opinion about it. In sPvP it’s pretty mediocre imo.

Same goes for bandits defense btw. What is broken about that?

Other than that however, most -not all, but most- suggestions are actually pretty good and in alignment with my own thinking…especially about bringing Rev up to speed.
The main issue with that class is that it currently has no role, in which it excels at…everything the class does, it does in a far too mediocre way.

For PvP id like to see the class be less reliant on support and be a really good skirmisher. Just giving it more condi cleanses (especially when on Sw/Sh) would help with that already. Also, maybe some slight tweaks on energy-costs for weaponskills would be nice.

For warrior: Tbh i don’t think that Arc Divider is the main culprit here. Personally, I like the skill design actually, since you can somewhat actively counterplay it (50% health threshold). What my problem with the class is, are it’s unkiteability (weird word) PAIRED with double invuln. When NOT running zerker-amulet their damage is actually fine, so id like to see a change, where demolisher/marauder amulet are actually forced upon them (like they are for literally every other class as well).
Defy pain needs to simply be deleted from the game imo. Completely rework that trait and I actually think warrior should be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Make Shield Master reflection only affect shield’s block and turn Defy Pain into a 3 sec block.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this post shouldn’t be in pvp as it confuses ppl. deathly chill for example is not op in pvp. most of what you say is in general an doesn’t have to do with pvp specifically.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

Top priority for me is removing every single passive from the game. Every single one. ESPECIALLY the passive invulns and blocks etc. Then either nerf/buff utilities/healing/elite skills so that each and every one of them is good and useful for different situations, and then do the same with each of the weapon sets.

I just want some variety.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Make Shield Master reflection only affect shield’s block and turn Defy Pain into a 3 sec block.

That would be a massive buff to Defy Pain. Defy Pain only stops damage and not effects (like CC) but blocks stop both damage and effects.

YouTube

in PvP

Vitali.5039

That would be a massive buff to Defy Pain. Defy Pain only stops damage and not effects (like CC) but blocks stop both damage and effects.

But a nerf to mace’s block, to make warriors don’t laugh at DH and Rangers.

W: I pop my Endure Pain!
DH: Nice try, W. I active Deflecting Shot!

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Deflecting shot still knocks back warriors with Endure Pain or mace #2 up on the live servers.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Deflecting shot still knocks back warriors with Endure Pain or mace #2 up on the live servers.

Well it depends on if this is a channeled block like Shelter or a passive one like Aegis. If it’s channeled then it’s a nerf for sure.

in PvP

Vitali.5039

Well it depends on if this is a channeled block like Shelter or a passive one like Aegis. If it’s channeled then it’s a nerf for sure.

I was thinking about passive: 1 second less than now with a stronger effect but counterable

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

This is a weird post. I don’t think devs should really take a lot from as it completely ignores some of the issues.
Ele is completely NOT fine outside of meta healbot. Mesmer balanced outside of chrono-shatter!? Are we even playing the same game? Chilling death is not the right name of the trait and is only OP in WvW.
Engineer doesn’t NEED help. Just like all other classes it needs build diversity, not desperate help. What about the fact that DH is almost completely reliant on damage from Test of Faith?

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Top priority for me is removing every single passive from the game. Every single one.

If you try hard maybe you can work out why a casual MMORPG with a wide and diverse playerbase and with classes that have different mechanics/designs, require at least some passives.

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s just bad gameplay.

Warrior approaching. You’re out of dodges, but they don’t have stability, so you use your big cc move to keep them away.
.. BUT WAIT! Last Stand procs and your cc does nothing. Headbutt. Arc Divider. You’re dead. Such skill. You can’t tell by looking at their status bar. Clearly you should have been watching the warrior constantly from the start of the game, then counting 40 seconds in your head for the ICD, assuming you even knew they were running that trait in the first place.. I mean. obviously.

(edited by coro.3176)

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

It’s just bad gameplay.

Warrior approaching. You’re out of dodges, but they don’t have stability, so you use your big cc move to keep them away.
.. BUT WAIT! Last Stand procs and your cc does nothing. Headbutt. Arc Divider. You’re dead. Such skill. You can’t tell by looking at their status bar. Clearly you should have been watching the warrior constantly from the start of the game, then counting 40 seconds in your head for the ICD, assuming you even knew they were running that trait in the first place.. I mean. obviously.

I played warrior for one day…what a joke.

I was so terrible… but i was killing people. I didn’t even know what my skills did, i just loaded up meta and started dropping bodies…sheet, surviving kitten like a b0ss

I main thief, so i felt pretty mad that it was really that easy to play…

So ya, I’m with you on nerfing the passive BS mechanics, as long as they increase build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

totally ignored things like useless spirit weapons, useless ele conjures, useless engi turrets+gyros etc :P

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Top Priority: Actually change the meta.

Last patch did pretty much nothing, that was 6 months ago, no sign of a patch and we got 6 months probably till next XPac. Who’s guessing we may have this meta till then?

Me me me me !

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

totally ignored things like useless spirit weapons, useless ele conjures, useless engi turrets+gyros etc :P

They didn’t ignore turrets, they gutted them because people were giant babies about engineers using turrets on points. Same with ranger spirits as well, basically.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

It’s just bad gameplay.

Very few warriors use Last Stand. It’s the worst of the three defense GM traits.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

It’s just bad gameplay.

Very few warriors use Last Stand. It’s the worst of the three defense GM traits.

Agreed. Last Stand is so “bad” relative to the other choices that its included in one of Boots Bad Builds. lol

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It’s just bad gameplay.

Agreed. Last Stand is so “bad” relative to the other choices that its included in one of Boots Bad Builds. lol

To be fair last stand is a really strong trait it just has to compete with arguably the strongest pvp trait in the game with cleansing ire; plus rousing resilience is also really strong. This is fine though as there is actually at least some choice to be made as opposed to all the cases where one trait in a tier completely overshadows the others.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I know. It’s just an easy example of a passive trait that is bad game design. Same goes for Hunter’s Determination, Shared Anguish, etc.

The fact that warrior has better options than that doesn’t make it any less bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

The balance patch is going the right direction, Passive a were shaved unused skills buffed