Balance Process Question

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I recently had the pleasure of a few rounds with a dev on one of the dueling servers. That was fun but it raised questions. I’ll explain.

To watch some of our matches, you could have made a case that Mesmer is a hard counter to Thief.

The problem with that conclusion would be that I was running a setup expressly designed to counter thief in a 1v1 environment. It’s not a setup I’d run in PvP or really even in PvE.

So here’s my question: Are the devs making balance decisions based on testing on dueling servers? If that is the case, they are getting very biased testing in an isolated environment. Such testing may produce distorted results and distorted balance.

Mesmerising Girl

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

NO. there have nothing both on PVP and PVE. People still kitten the balance in PVP and pass same keys to pass same raid week by week, day by day in PVE like a bot/zombie.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

NO. there have nothing both on PVP and PVE. People still kitten the balance in PVP and pass same keys to pass same raid week by week, day by day in PVE like a bot/zombie.

What does this word salad mean?

To answer your question OP, no they don’t use that single point of data for balance changes.

They look at season performances of different classes, sPvP data they gather, raiding and dungeon data to help them make balance decisions.
All of that made me wonder, how did warrior get buffed? crying thief

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

xeonage.1253

What does this word salad mean?

To answer your question OP, no they don’t use that single point of data for balance changes.

They look at season performances of different classes, sPvP data they gather, raiding and dungeon data to help them make balance decisions.
All of that made me wonder, how did warrior get buffed? crying thief

lol, if they have collect the data at least season, pls make something change on DH meta, change their brainless combat mode. Change something on trap.
sorry, here haven’t any change. We will still have DH hell god meta in next season. Traps still stack on point, pull out pull in block block blind blind spam the key together.
We have 4 DH meta season already, s1 s3 s4 s5, I don’t want more.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

DH is not really meta. Easily countered gameplay is easily countered. This is why it falls off in usage the higher you go.

Traps are triggered by pets/clones. Dodge through them.
Not sure why you’re mad, but just calm down and try different things. Unless you’re a necro, at which point get your minions to eat the traps and line of sight cheese.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i think they look at top posters in pvp sub and then cross ref the players w/ their chars. then, they look at wut those players’ builds are. then, depending on if that player is a white knight or a troll, they will buff or nerf the build, respectively ofc.

after this, they sit back in their lounge chairs by the anet fire side, puff on their cigar/vap whilst drinking scotch, giggle and cackle to each other about who they pwned today, then having worked a full day (~ 1 PM CST), they go home.

obv

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DH is not really meta. Easily countered gameplay is easily countered. This is why it falls off in usage the higher you go.

Not sure why you’re mad, but just calm down and try different things. Unless you’re a necro, at which point get your minions to eat the traps and line of sight cheese.

But in the range I mostly play (1600-1800), the DH class is a bit too prominent and too effective.

By being even higher, it is like the top 150 range. That only represent a tiny fraction of PvP players. And I am not sure if DH is really bad or out of meta there.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

So here’s my question: Are the devs making balance decisions based on testing on dueling servers? If that is the case, they are getting very biased testing in an isolated environment. Such testing may produce distorted results and distorted balance.

I think you are having a serious case of paranoia here.

Obviously they don’t. Even if their changes are sometimes misguided or over the top, they generally do those changes to improve the game in a 5v5 situation. What’s happened to the revenant is unfortunate but I’m sure they are working on it to make it competitive again. They are did tackle some long standing issues alrdy, just waiting for more now.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

What minions? You sound like a bronze level know it all. What Necro build that is close to meta has minions outside of maybe having a couple pets from rise rolling around. DH is pretty strong all the way though in solo queue ranked although I agree far from unbeatable. Traps become a major problem when there are multiple DH however because they become harder and hard to dodge.

Balance Process Question

in PvP

xeonage.1253

OH god! pet? what? their trap CD all faster than you and begin CD when they have dropped the first one. if you want to beat a DH, just keep your range attack , make attention on their Spear of Justice and find a chance to burst them then all be fine. You don’t know what is the real problem – your teammate , DHs stack in every match , Double Triple Quadruple Test of Faith stack on point , blind per 0.5 sec , pull out pull in 5 sec+, all those kitten things make the game and fight become not fun more.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

This is probably the stupidest question I’ve seen on here in a while. Obviously they don’t make balance off of dueling servers. I’ve personally dueled plenty of devs in dueling arenas and all of them are there to just have a good time. They take into account pvp statistics, raid successes, and other forms of data to make informed decisions on their balance.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

(edited by Marmatt.8590)

Balance Process Question

in PvP

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

What minions? You sound like a bronze level know it all. What Necro build that is close to meta has minions outside of maybe having a couple pets from rise rolling around. DH is pretty strong all the way though in solo queue ranked although I agree far from unbeatable. Traps become a major problem when there are multiple DH however because they become harder and hard to dodge.

Just use Rise kappa. The minions from it still trigger the traps.