Balance - There is none

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Wrote a novel worth of complaints of the lack of counterplay in this game, how unblockable should not = un-reflectable or un-destroyable, some skills like mirror blade shouldn’t be unblockable, condi application is way over the top, spam spam spam, spectral armor was balanced at 60s cooldown with no internal CD to scale with foes, blah blah blah, why is phoenix unblockable, BLAH BLAH, return of the evade spam thieves, spam spam, mesmer getting a new shatter to reset skills was extremely stupid to create for counterplay, blah blah, etc.

I’ll just leave this here.

This is the kind of crap that causes this game to not be esports – game modes and leaderboards aside. Who the kitten wants to watch this? Viewers don’t even know WTF is going on in fights. There’s so much SPAM in this game now. It goes for every class.

Yes, it’s a golem. Cry to someone else if you don’t get the point.

This is what people actually enjoy watching. No spam + counterplay is clear.

(wtf is with the spaces?)

Even people who don’t play the game can understand most of what’s going on AND there are clutch moments. Exciting. Exciting because there’s no SPAM.

I can’t believe how BAD the devs are at balancing this game. This game will go down in history for having the highest failed potential.

Passives and on crit junk has to go. Sigils that apply a new condition for no reason other than crit shouldn’t exist. For example: Sigil of Torment should not apply torment on critical hit for no reason. Instead, make it so that any skill that applies torment applies 1 extra stack on critical hit. This is balanced.

What is a balanced passive? Endure Pain at 25% health is balanced. You can land a burst to kill them before the 25% health proc and they are susceptible to CC and conditions.

What isn’t a balanced passive? Soothing Bastion
Basically invulnerability with health regen. Just WTF is supposed to be the counterplay to this?Unblockable attacks? Lol K.

Don’t agree? Good. Keep arguing badly and sewer this game some more.

This game was more balanced at release. Over the years: We’ll take a few seconds off this skill for no reason… increase this skill a little bit… NERF PISTOL WHIP!… let’s add some more ways to gain quickness… OMFG QUICKNESS OP REMOVE ITS FUNCTION FROM EVERYTHING!… let’s not buff warrior and guardian mace autos because we don’t wanna… OMG MAKE CONDIS STACK… shave the coni duration on this by 1s cause just cause… hmm maybe make this unblockable… REMOVE AMULETS!!!!… add this on crit passive here… maybe make an evade everything at 25% health here… GIVE NECRO BOON CORRUPT ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!! :@ :@… etc

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Excellent post.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Basically invulnerability with health regen. Just WTF is supposed to be the counterplay to this?Unblockable attacks? Lol K.

Bad example a single stack of poison kills this heal, it roots you leaving you open to a counter attack and as you said unblockable attack. Also your example of using a burst skill to kill from 26% works too.
And to be honest it’s a terrible trait I would only consider using it if the boon duration effect worked.

Last but not the least revenants are fairly strong against power based damage while being extremely weak to conditon damage.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Bad example of a counter. When the only way for most class to poison is on swap and using a sigil. How do you apply poisen with a sigil that requires you to hit, obviously if it is a block you are not landing a hit. Terrible argument and not at all well thought out.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Bad example of a counter. When the only way for most class to poison is on swap and using a sigil. How do you apply poisen with a sigil that requires you to hit, obviously if it is a block you are not landing a hit. Terrible argument and not at all well thought out.

No actual competitive player using Rev went for Soothing instead of Enhance Bulwark. It’s a no brainer choice.

Stella Truth Seeker

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: daggerhands.9634

daggerhands.9634

Gj pulling stuff out of context.
You showed condi vs a gollem and power dmg on a warrior vs warrior.
Condi is just as viable / hard to play a build as power builds (a few builds excluded)
Condi is DOTS condi’s can be cleared thats its hard counter (as well as dodge/evading or blocking/invul for both power and condi) power dmg can also be mitigated by protection and weakness thats balance mate. Fyi some builds are meant to be hard counters some cant deal too well with condi dmg others excell at it its balanced

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

I would enjoy seeing you run Blood is Power and Sinister amulet in pvp. Can you upload the full match?

Pretty please <3

Optimise [OP]

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Just a small note, as far as I know, mirror blade is unblockable only because the clone generation makes reflecting it weird. Actually the scepter AA is already weird when reflected (it creates a clone of the enemy).

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I would enjoy seeing you run Blood is Power and Sinister amulet in pvp. Can you upload the full match?

Pretty please <3

Every necro you fight will have might, so that imitates it. And it’s not sinister, lol.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

ArenaNet is just bad at balance, they always has been. Either there has been a handful of dominating classes or dominating roles.

A lot of it contributes to poor weapon design. So many weapons and concepts are just dragged through the years from beta. Necro-staff is just boring, it’s so mindless and boring. So many weapons need reworked from their beta design.

The fun factor is missing. The risk and reward, the skilled timing or combat strategy. Now you can just go through you damage rotations mindlessly not be punished for it thanks to super low cooldowns or easy to hit skills.

Just look at raids now, it’s NORMAL to have a perma 25 stacks of might, perma fury, perma protection, perma regeneration. What the actual Fissure of Woe ArenaNet, why are you making it so easy to buff my team?

The answer to problem is very clear, they made combat is too easy.
That’s all there is to it, the worst part is, they are doing nothing to solve the problems and refuse help from everyone. Ultimately it is pointless to make suggestions on the forums, they will be completely ignored regardless of how many people agree.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Wrote a novel worth of complaints of the lack of counterplay in this game, how unblockable should not = un-reflectable or un-destroyable, some skills like mirror blade shouldn’t be unblockable, condi application is way over the top, spam spam spam, spectral armor was balanced at 60s cooldown with no internal CD to scale with foes, blah blah blah, why is phoenix unblockable, BLAH BLAH, return of the evade spam thieves, spam spam, mesmer getting a new shatter to reset skills was extremely stupid to create for counterplay, blah blah, etc.

Hmmm okay. I can one shoot this dummy in full berzerk. I don’t really see the issue. Please show something that can be comparable with the second video. A dummy can’t do anything, it’s not fair for this poor golem.

I think the real issue is the player. Players found this is better than this, then they doing a thing called meta, and now they only want the meta.

A few years ago, meta never existed, people just played with what they want/prefer, and shared their builds with each other.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is the kind of crap that causes this game to not be esports – game modes and leaderboards aside. Who the kitten wants to watch this? Viewers don’t even know WTF is going on in fights. There’s so much SPAM in this game now. It goes for every class.

Yes, it’s a golem. Cry to someone else if you don’t get the point.

This is what people actually enjoy watching. No spam + counterplay is clear.

(wtf is with the spaces?)

Even people who don’t play the game can understand most of what’s going on AND there are clutch moments. Exciting. Exciting because there’s no SPAM.

I can’t believe how BAD the devs are at balancing this game. This game will go down in history for having the highest failed potential.

Passives and on crit junk has to go. Sigils that apply a new condition for no reason other than crit shouldn’t exist. For example: Sigil of Torment should not apply torment on critical hit for no reason. Instead, make it so that any skill that applies torment applies 1 extra stack on critical hit. This is balanced.

What is a balanced passive? Endure Pain at 25% health is balanced. You can land a burst to kill them before the 25% health proc and they are susceptible to CC and conditions.

Don’t agree? Good. Keep arguing badly and sewer this game some more.

This game was more balanced at release. Over the years: We’ll take a few seconds off this skill for no reason… increase this skill a little bit… NERF PISTOL WHIP!… let’s add some more ways to gain quickness… OMFG QUICKNESS OP REMOVE ITS FUNCTION FROM EVERYTHING!… let’s not buff warrior and guardian mace autos because we don’t wanna… OMG MAKE CONDIS STACK… shave the coni duration on this by 1s cause just cause… hmm maybe make this unblockable… REMOVE AMULETS!!!!… add this on crit passive here… maybe make an evade everything at 25% health here… GIVE NECRO BOON CORRUPT ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!! :@ :@… etc

Dude, we’ve been repeating this for a year. You’re 100% right, but it’s their game and they can’t figure this out. They new people they have love condi spam, cc lockdown and passive abilities.They really don’t seem to care as everything is always getting worse, and they obviously don’t seem to care about the point of view that skillful play should win, not builds/gear/elite.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

They really don’t seem to care as everything is always getting worse, and they obviously don’t seem to care about the point of view that skillful play should win, not builds/gear/elite.

This is what really gets me. It’s like when turret engi was a thing for so long. Why are there builds in the game that can carry idiots to victory? I just don’t get it. People are rewarded more for copy pasting a build from metabattle than from legitimately getting good.

My friend who got the expac has told me that druid is ez mode compared to base ranger. You just facetank stuff while your pet drills holes in your enemy. Immortal Scrappers that deal loads of damage. Dragonhunters that press 2, press the teleport and plant nuclear bombs at your feet and if you dodge they pull you in while the onus is on you to outskill them. It’s unreal.

Even right now, without the expac, the builds I’ve found to be the most useful compared to the elite specs are builds that I almost fall asleep playing. Builds that win fights for me. I get bored, try a build that requires a brain, and then it switches from falling asleep to complete frustration at how much more effort I have to put in.

I’ve never seen anything like this done seemingly intentionally. How on Earth do they expect people to take this game seriously when the best builds are the ones you can play rolling your face on the keyboard?

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

What the op basically says: Uah, Uah Anet I play warrior, every other class is broken and skillless and passive but warrior passives and skills are balanced because I play it, ANET NERF PLS!!! NOW!!!

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I honestly agree with op

I Never was a fun about instant bombs and passive kitten

For example i really hate medi guardian and fresh air ele like design.

And in general not a condi fan

(edited by philheat.3956)

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

You know, I really wanted this game to take another turn, but it seems that Anet disagrees.

And rightfully so, people are in a minority for having different ideas about PvP if I were to believe their statements of a growing PvP enviroment.

Their current system was also meant to be built on in the future with new specializations and stuff… So we will never go back to a point where this “powercreep” did not happen…
That’s just the way it is – you can jump high and low, but in the end it won’t change

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What the op basically says: Uah, Uah Anet I play warrior, every other class is broken and skillless and passive but warrior passives and skills are balanced because I play it, ANET NERF PLS!!! NOW!!!

If you notice the OP’s history you can see he plays more than just warri…Dont be so dense,the OP tries to make some valid points and you jump in here thinking it’s only cus hes 100% warr and only qq cus of it.Hell,he even Asked for a buff to power nec recently..

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

If you notice the OP’s history you can see he plays more than just warri…Dont be so dense,the OP tries to make some valid points and you jump in here thinking it’s only cus hes 100% warr and only qq cus of it.Hell,he even Asked for a buff to power nec recently..

I looked at some of the OP’s post history before I wrote my first comment and never said that he only plays warrior, but that doesn’t change the fact that his first paragraph is pretty much utter nonsense. And he clearly favors warrior in his post, there is no denying that either. Defy pain is just as passive and cancerous as soothing bastion and instant damage from on swap sigils is as bad for this game as the on crit sigils he complains about, the only difference is that he uses them.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: July.5361

July.5361

Zefrost nicely said. I’ve shown the game to a few friends of mine and they are like “wtf is happening in this game?”. But I don’t hold any hopes that it will go any better.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

@July same here they asked if I wanted them to start playing gw2 with me but all I could say after this patch was don’t bother

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No what he says is that skills should have defined borders of what they do. He showed a reaper applying 6 (!) different conditions with a single ability.

And the next time he uses the same ability, not shown internal cooldowns will be up, so every time he uses that ability it will produce different results.

This is, by no means good design. This happens with conditions, but this also happens with power builds. An eviscerate that doesn’t crit is doing like 30% of a squishy target (~3k damage) vs. an eviscerate that does crit for ~11k which is literally a oneshot for certain classes isn’t good design.

And when watching that from an outside perspective, for example on twitch, you have even less idea what is going on with each and every skill used having a handful of different outcomes.

The warrior vs. warrior footage shows how GW2 would look like if every skill had clearly defined boundaries of what can happen if you use the ability. It is watchable, and you have at every point of the fight an idea of what can happen if a certain ability is used.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I don’t even wanna comment.
last match consisted of,
3 x scrappers with stealth gyro everyone
1 x trapper rune trap guardian who just stood on a point and lay down traps over and over.
1 x who went from 0 life force to full in under 8 seconds.
2 x thjieve’s who could near insta down a player, but insta died any time they got caught in AoE. One of was just black smoke and bonding into stealth whenever initiative allowed.

It just wasn’t fun. Either people playing over tuned or one shot or cheese.

Now this is only a single match, so it is taken a with a grain of salt. It is not indicative of all players obviously..but it doesn’t change the fact, it just wasn’t fun or remotely skilled.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

It isn’t now either though.

Balance - There is none

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Pretty please <3

Every necro you fight will have might, so that imitates it. And it’s not sinister, lol.

It’s either Viper or Sinister. No defensive stats what so ever. Hence the 19k max life. Either way, running that in an actual pvp setting will kill you faster than your opponents.

Optimise [OP]