Balance Wishlist

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Charlie.1482

Charlie.1482

Note: First of all, it’s hard to balance things between PvP and PvE, so please split them finally
Main thought behind these changes is just reducing passives’ impact on game and reducing the CC spam.

Any feedback is appreciated, some stuff might not be very thought through, some could use other cds etc..

-Amulets:
Remove Paladin Amulet, imo provides way too much defense with such offensive stats.

Any Condition Power + Power amulet shouldn’t have these stats at 1050 both. Reduce one to 560 or sth.

-Runes:
Rune of Nightmare: Add an Icon for 6th buff.
Rune of Surging: Add an Icon for 6th buff.
Rune of Krait: 6th buff application on hit only.
Rune of Sunless: Add an Icon for 6th buff. 6th buff application on hit.
Rune of Forge: Reduce protection to 5s.
Rune of Grove: Add an Icon for 6th buff.

-Autoattacks:
(?)Reduce thier dmg by 10-15% overall.

-Condition Removal:
Get rid of RNG remove. Either switch it back to how it was before June Patch last year(I believe it was then when it got
changed) or make new tab in pvp menu where each player could create his own priority of condition remove (just an idea, not sure if it’s healthy tho)

-Auto Attacks:
Make autoattack non-crit attacks / Reduce thier dmg by 10-15% overall.

-Falling Damage traits: Switch them with new traits in PvP.

-Build Templates: Let us save build templates.

-Queing: Just an idea, but maybe lock build and character when entering match. You play with what you queued with.

RANGER:
Instinctive Reaction: Reduce percentage of healing power.
Protective Ward: Increase cooldown to 30s. Trigger on 50%. Make it dodgeable andgive this trait an icon showing up in player’s bar.
Beastly Warden: Increase cooldown to 40s. Add an Icon on player’s bar.
Wilting Strike: Add an Icon.
Go for the Eyes: Add an Icon.
Ancient Seeds: remove daze from CC list. It shouldn’t trigger on soft CC.
Primal Echoes: Increase cooldown to 10s.

Glyph of Tides: Increase cooldown to 40s.
Glyph of Equality: Increase cooldown to 40s or add animation.
“We heal as One!”: Increase cooldown to 30s.
“Strenght of the Pack!” Increase cooldown to 70s.

REVENANT:
Enduring Recovery: Endurance reduced to 10.
Unwavering Avoidance: Increase cooldown to 10s.
Eye for an Eye: Add an Icon.
Versed in Stone: Increase cooldown to 60s.
Ferocious Aggression: Reduced percentage to 5%.
Vicious Lacerations: Reduce percentage to 1%.
Targeted Destruction: Reduce percentage to 5%.
Swift Termination: Reduce Health Threshold to 40%.

Surge of the Mists: Increase cooldown to 30s.
Precision Strike: Increase Energy cost to 20.
Drop the Hammer: Increase cooldown to 20s.
Coalesence of Ruin: Increase Energy cost to 10.
Mace Autoattack: Decrease condition duration. Torment: 1,5s Poison: 3s.
Echoing Eruption: Increase Energy cost to 10.

WARRIOR:
Adrenal Health: Change scaling, It should heal waay less without any heal power.

Skull Grinder: Increase cast to 3/4s.
Head Butt: Increase cooldown to 30s. Increase cast to 3/4s.
Pulverize: Decrease weakness to 2s.
Shattering Blow: Decrease bleed stacks to 2. Decrease bleed duration to 5s.
Wild Blow: Increase cooldown to 40s.

NECROMANCER:
Deathly Chill: Reduce bleed duration to 5s. Update trait describtion.
Dhuumfire: Reduce burn duration or make it trigger on all skills except first one.
Weakening Shroud: Do something about rng weakness, rework trait or sth.

Scepter AA: Reduce duration of each bleed to 1s. Reduce poison duration to 3s.
Grasping dead: Reduce bleeding stacks to 2.

ENGINEER:
Aim-Assisted Rocket: Increase cooldown to 20s.

Thunderclap: Increase cooldown to 35s.
Electro-whirl: Increase cooldown to 8-9s. Reduce damage by 10%.
Shock Shield: Reduce strikes to 3. Increase cooldown to 24s.
Gyro Self-Destruct: Reduce daze to 1/2s-1s.

ELEMENTALIST:
Elemental Shielding: Reduce protection to 1,5s.
Soothing Ice: Increase cooldown to 30s. Add an Icon.
Geomancer’s Training: Recharge reduction reduced to 20-25%.
(?)Overload Earth: Reduce Stability stacks to 2.

THIEF:
Unload: Initiative cost increasted to 6.
Headshot: Initiative cost increased to 5.
Death Blossom: Initiative cost increased to 5.

MESMER:
Illusionary Reversion: Add 10s cooldown.
Mistrust: Reduce Confusion duration to 5s.
Winds of Chaos: Remove burn vulnerability application. Reduce bleed duration to 3s.

GUARDIAN:
Heavy Light: Add an Icon. Increase cooldown to 20s. Increase range to 400.

Thank you for reading.

(edited by Charlie.1482)

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The Thief"balance" ones would make thief completely unusable. And force even more AA use and with you AA “Balance” would be the last nail in the coffin. I don’t think you understand how the class is played.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

ITT: Lets just nerf everything, even on core specs, without buffing/compensating other things to make alternative traits/builds viable.

The only thing I agree with is build templates.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Wow these are horrible

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Charlie.1482

The Thief"balance" ones would make thief completely unusable. And force even more AA use and with you AA “Balance” would be the last nail in the coffin. I don’t think you understand how the class is played.

Yes, I don’t play thief, got just general idea of it. That’s why I wanted to know other’s opinion on these changes. Headshot sometimes simply feels like you can spam it but not really get punished for that eventho it already costs a lot of initiative, I guess an unecessary change.
Unload also feels strong but can be countered with reflects etc. Don’t know how to feel about it.
And about last change – evade with 3 bleeds for 10seconds seems pretty strong, but maybe I’m wrong, just tell me.

Also.. thief isn’t atm in a bad spot really.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

thief- daredevil dodge buff stacks duration

(just like alacrity stacks for mesmer, cant understand why it doesnt stack from balance point of view)

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Charlie.1482

Also it’s not like I listed here everything that I think should be changed, just things that I came up with for now

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

The reason any initiative increases impacts Thieves so hard is due to them not having separate resource pools per weapon, so right now thieves either have 12 ini pool base or 15 with trickery, which makes Trickery mandatory since Anet decided to balance all ini costs around A 15 initiative pool, say you want to run a Condi build almost all weapon sets are hybrid and thieves are only able to consistently apply 2-3 different conditions that get cleansed rather easily and the only way they can keep Condi pressure and be relevant is if they are able to use the condie abilities multiple times, unlike other classes that have access to almost most condis/ the more potent ones on multiple skills instead of 1-2 skills, yes this makes thief very spammy but it’s all they have.

with head shot it can be spammed but they can only use it for 3 hits before they are out of initiative leaving them to AA and they are not guaranteed the interrupt or the PI damage with the amount of invulns and stability most classes through around making the skill even harder to use and already punishes the thief for trying to spam Headshot which is very dumb on the thieves part to begin with.

Unload is another spammed ability since again P/P was made a hybrid weapon set limiting the power builds to only have Unload and Headshot not of which are easily defeated with all of the projectile hate in game at the moment, unload is a good skill to nuke other thieves or classes that are already burned down in a fight, other wise the weapon set is horrible once you move into upper divisions.

Thieves were given an Initiative pool so they can choose what they wanted when they want ad not have to worry about Cooldowns yes this enables spam play styles but depending on the opponent you will want to use certain skills over others no matter what since it will most likely be the only skill that will work, this is balanced by the fact that it locks the thief into a weapon set with no initiative and if they swap they still have no initiative if all they do is spam, limiting their survivability and disengaging skill severely.

The best thing Anet could do for thieves is to rework Thief weapon sets so they have designed roles instead of the multiple hybrid weapon sets and the hugely overcrosted weapon sets that rely on Trickery to keep up with the heavy initiative costs.

If they reworked the skills so that it was beneficial to actually manage initiative and not spam then it would improve the health of the game for everyone but sometimes spamming is the best thing in this meta right now as sad as that sounds.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: PiercingStrike.7941

PiercingStrike.7941

With all these changes you’re suggesting, nothing will change overall.
Either learn the game for what it is or just give up playing PVP.
MOO. There is plenty of room for PVE in this game.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Charlie.1482

The reason any initiative increases impacts Thieves so hard is due to them not having separate resource pools per weapon, so right now thieves either have 12 ini pool base or 15 with trickery, which makes Trickery mandatory since Anet decided to balance all ini costs around A 15 initiative pool, say you want to run a Condi build almost all weapon sets are hybrid and thieves are only able to consistently apply 2-3 different conditions that get cleansed rather easily and the only way they can keep Condi pressure and be relevant is if they are able to use the condie abilities multiple times, unlike other classes that have access to almost most condis/ the more potent ones on multiple skills instead of 1-2 skills, yes this makes thief very spammy but it’s all they have.

with head shot it can be spammed but they can only use it for 3 hits before they are out of initiative leaving them to AA and they are not guaranteed the interrupt or the PI damage with the amount of invulns and stability most classes through around making the skill even harder to use and already punishes the thief for trying to spam Headshot which is very dumb on the thieves part to begin with.

Unload is another spammed ability since again P/P was made a hybrid weapon set limiting the power builds to only have Unload and Headshot not of which are easily defeated with all of the projectile hate in game at the moment, unload is a good skill to nuke other thieves or classes that are already burned down in a fight, other wise the weapon set is horrible once you move into upper divisions.

Thieves were given an Initiative pool so they can choose what they wanted when they want ad not have to worry about Cooldowns yes this enables spam play styles but depending on the opponent you will want to use certain skills over others no matter what since it will most likely be the only skill that will work, this is balanced by the fact that it locks the thief into a weapon set with no initiative and if they swap they still have no initiative if all they do is spam, limiting their survivability and disengaging skill severely.

The best thing Anet could do for thieves is to rework Thief weapon sets so they have designed roles instead of the multiple hybrid weapon sets and the hugely overcrosted weapon sets that rely on Trickery to keep up with the heavy initiative costs.

If they reworked the skills so that it was beneficial to actually manage initiative and not spam then it would improve the health of the game for everyone but sometimes spamming is the best thing in this meta right now as sad as that sounds.

Aight, however I don’t understand what you mean with “not beeing guaranteed to interrupt”. If you don’t notice a block/stability/reflect etc. it’s simply your fault and should get punished for it. It’s not like headshot has 2long cast time. However I get that Heashot nerf could be too excessive (other too maybe), but just saying on a side note that what really annoys me about this game – you can miss a CC by anything random and still be very fine

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yes it is the players responsibility to time cc, what I was attempting to convey was that Thieves can hardly spam Headshot to any real effect with the amount of stab/invuln/projectile hate that is tossed around they have to actually time it for the small windows available which is counter to spamming it.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Painkiller.4361

Painkiller.4361

i love this kappap

S1 Legend; S2 Legend; S3 Legend
Thief – Cake Walk[Cake]

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

-Condition Removal:
Get rid of RNG remove. Either switch it back to how it was before June Patch last year(I believe it was then when it got

Its not random. You will always remove the stack of the condition that was last applied to you. The only random thing is corruption/conversaion of boon -> condi or condi -> boon.

Skills will also apply conditions in order as they read down the skill. Example the last condition applied by skull grinder is cripple.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

OP – It’s not my intention to be rude, but in all honesty, I’m very glad you’re not on the balance team.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Charlie.1482

Its not random. You will always remove the stack of the condition that was last applied to you. The only random thing is corruption/conversaion of boon -> condi or condi -> boon.

Skills will also apply conditions in order as they read down the skill. Example the last condition applied by skull grinder is cripple.

It used to be last applied. They changed it to RNG some time ago

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It used to be last applied. They changed it to RNG some time ago

They didnt iirc. Nowhere in the patch notes did it say condition removal was random. All it stated that boon corruption and condition conversion were random but thats it. It is still last applied and is very easy to test yourself.

Right from June 23rd specialization patch:
“Boon and Condition Conversion
Boon to condition conversion and condition to boon conversion has been standardized and is functionality changed. Skills that convert boons and conditions now randomly select from all boons and conditions on the target.”

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Another nerf suggestion that kills the only viable builds which hurts non-meta builds more without a single attempt for compensation on other areas.

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

GUARDIAN:
Heavy Light: Add an Icon. Increase cooldown to 20s. Increase range to 400.

Thank you for reading.

Lol no. I will continue to cc you once every 10 seconds, and then you’ll eat my 2k trueshot each time!

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Hello, first there are some good ideas dude but you are in a lot of case so rude with your proposition. The amulets and rune propositions are really interesting!
For each professions:
1) ranger: i think you are right, just attention to dont increase a lot the cd

2) revenant: you are really rude! Actually the condi rev build is not with a good spot because of lacking defense, so if you down condi duration add some defensive tool to axe and mace. For the rest i have to agree but less rude

3) warrior: nothing to say, good ideas so far

4) necro: nice to down condi stacking but you have also to decrease aoe spamming (from death shroud) and to increase necro mobility option!

5) engi: if you increase all hammer cd you create an unfunny weapon… The #2 is supposed to be a short cd spell 9sec is too high! Maybe decrease damage but dont touch to the cds! Other ideas are good,

6) elem: do you play elem? Or what´s the problem ? Elem is the unique mandatory classe per team in pvp actually, how is it possible to have so much healing, defense, damage, aoe , condi, cleans, boons in one build? Ele and scrapper are quasi the only classe that permitt noob players and errors in the gameplay without a big loose…. The lost part of legendary players are tempest so

7) thief: who said that thief is in bad spor right now? Have you ever fight a good thief? It´s one of the most hard class to fight. The only problem of thief is aop spamming and condi, if you kill aoe and aoe condi, they will be unstoppable. Sorry you talk about 12 thief ressources but actually thieves down you just by spamming dagger or staff 1. They need a serious rework.

8) mesmer: good ideas, but staff one have to put fire and bleed maybe not vulnerability. The big mesmer problem is that in small fight is so op but in group fight he becomes really poor (illusions dies quasi instantly) => work on it.

9) guard: i have a problem with guard. They run an ultra offensive stat. So the fight is trap trap burst burst if you are not die, is block block block… Block and after trap trap trap and the die if you are not down. Hum the gameplay is always the same.
Add a small thing, traps cds begin when the trap trigger. Because the dh can wait at a point and litterally double trap!

Thanks for you work guys it´s globally interesting to have the point of vue of others players. I want to say also;

A) Anet give us build diversity in pvp, stop make trait line mandatory! Like water for elem , inspi for mesmer etc !!!

B) pls control the condi spam, the condi build are far superior when they are packed. (But make condi build viable in pve and wvw)

C) in the previous season you work to improve some not played weapon it was a really good idea! But you have to continue because a lot of weapon are really poor actually , some examples:
- guard: mace, a healing or defensive weapon??? Useless
- ingi: rifle: a range weapon but the major spells are close, so you spam 1. Gives him one defensive tool and make all spell range (maybe add effect if they are used in close fight )
-mesmer: staff: nice defensive weapon but rework the aa, the fantasm, the skill 4!
- ele: scepeter need a serious rework, the old changes are nooy enough
- rev: mace, decrease the condi duration but add defensive tools
- thief: sword/pistol: rework pls
- war: axe: really nice aa but for a physical weapon it laks of mobility maybe add a jump
- necro: axe: so boring and spammy, make this weapon more fun. It´s all about damage without condi or defensive tool.
- ranger: gs: good weapon but the dps is not high compared to other gs (you have to use all offensive trait line to have a decent damage)

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Removing paladin amulet hurts balance outside of sPvP, because balance for stat combos that don’t exist in PvP are generally not accounted for, which hurts wvw (dire and the hybrid amulet that was removed). Deleting the bruiser and hybrid fron the game is not the correct way to abalnce them.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Still waiting for that -1 button…

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Charlie.1482

Hello, first there are some good ideas dude but you are in a lot of case so rude with your proposition. The amulets and rune propositions are really interesting!
For each professions:
1) ranger: i think you are right, just attention to dont increase a lot the cd

2) revenant: you are really rude! Actually the condi rev build is not with a good spot because of lacking defense, so if you down condi duration add some defensive tool to axe and mace. For the rest i have to agree but less rude

3) warrior: nothing to say, good ideas so far

4) necro: nice to down condi stacking but you have also to decrease aoe spamming (from death shroud) and to increase necro mobility option!

5) engi: if you increase all hammer cd you create an unfunny weapon… The #2 is supposed to be a short cd spell 9sec is too high! Maybe decrease damage but dont touch to the cds! Other ideas are good,

6) elem: do you play elem? Or what´s the problem ? Elem is the unique mandatory classe per team in pvp actually, how is it possible to have so much healing, defense, damage, aoe , condi, cleans, boons in one build? Ele and scrapper are quasi the only classe that permitt noob players and errors in the gameplay without a big loose…. The lost part of legendary players are tempest so

7) thief: who said that thief is in bad spor right now? Have you ever fight a good thief? It´s one of the most hard class to fight. The only problem of thief is aop spamming and condi, if you kill aoe and aoe condi, they will be unstoppable. Sorry you talk about 12 thief ressources but actually thieves down you just by spamming dagger or staff 1. They need a serious rework.

8) mesmer: good ideas, but staff one have to put fire and bleed maybe not vulnerability. The big mesmer problem is that in small fight is so op but in group fight he becomes really poor (illusions dies quasi instantly) => work on it.

9) guard: i have a problem with guard. They run an ultra offensive stat. So the fight is trap trap burst burst if you are not die, is block block block… Block and after trap trap trap and the die if you are not down. Hum the gameplay is always the same.
Add a small thing, traps cds begin when the trap trigger. Because the dh can wait at a point and litterally double trap!

Thanks for your opinion and pointing this stuff out! I changed few things

Engi’s hammer – yes I have to say cd was quite stupid thing to do, however it can output pretty sick damage combined with lighting strikes. (dmg reduction mb?)
Reve’s mace autoattack is still auto attack. AAs shouldnt be able to stack so much condi. Same goes with mesmer’s staff. But yeah, vulnerability is surely a better option indeed.
Elementalists – Elemental Shielding change because I find it stupid ele is able to keep up 100% protection uptime without even trying to do so, Soothing Ice – stupid passive reducing ur dmg by ~50% with current meta build. That’s why I’d like Icon for that, so you can at least bait it. Geomancer’s Training feels to be doing a little bit too much reducing reflects and invulns to so low cds.
And problem with guard’s traps is that they are simply easy to avoid. With all that projectile hate they wouldn’t have anything else.

(edited by Charlie.1482)

Balance Wishlist

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

MESMER:
Illusionary Reversion: Add 10s cooldown.
Mistrust: Reduce Confusion duration to 5s.
Winds of Chaos: Remove burn vulnerability application. Reduce bleed duration to 3s.

How to kill chrono 2016 #charlie.com

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO