Balance back-fired?

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Posted by: raesirecks.4325

raesirecks.4325

I hesitate to use the word ‘balance’ because everyone interprets it a bit differently, so instead I’ll use the term ‘closeness’…

I’ve noticed that the closest battles, whether tPVP, sPVP or WvW are in fact in the hot join PVP (sPVP). Both tPVP and WvW are constantly blowouts… Did I miss something or wasn’t it supposed to be the other way around? It seems like there’s been a ton of focus on keeping WvW and tPVP balanced (there’s that word), i.e. ‘close’.

I know there’s some auto balancing (ooops, sorry) in the sPVP and maybe that’s the difference, however it’s always way closer than the other areas of PVP. Is this by design? Is this a normal expectation? Or is this a problem? Just curious.

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

It’s because in tPvP and WvW people are able to group the OP professions all together, you go and face double guardian/double mesmer teams all day long and get destroyed or win through your teeth after some keyboard ninja style and some strategy plans worth of the Pentagon…

Yeah there’s no balance..but be patient

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Posted by: Coolant.9732

Coolant.9732

Both tPVP and WvW are constantly blowouts…

When the tPvP teams are closely matched, and neither team makes a mistake the other can capitalize on the matches are almost never a ‘blowout’. Also the guy who posted before me saying tPvP is a pool for all of the ‘OP’ classes has no clue what he is talking about.

Coolant/Toolant – Team Fixation

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

When the tPvP teams are closely matched, and neither team makes a mistake the other can capitalize on the matches are almost never a ‘blowout’. Also the guy who posted before me saying tPvP is a pool for all of the ‘OP’ classes has no clue what he is talking about.

I believe an avenger/champion magus after 200+ tournament matches has seen more than enough tPvP to exactly explain how it the situation now.

As I have said day by day the number of guilds using double guardian/mesmer team is steadily increasing, outside the occasional engineer or necro, professions like ele and rangers are almost never seen while warrior/thief cover the roamer role in these “blowout” teams, but why don’t you tell me what you mean for “closely” matched teams?

Without any way to match two teams of equal skill level because of the lack of ladder, I presume you were referring to same team composition or close one…so why do you waste time with your rant?

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Coolant.9732

I believe an avenger/champion magus after 200+ tournament matches has seen more than enough tPvP to exactly explain how it the situation now.

As I have said day by day the number of guilds using double guardian/mesmer team is steadily increasing, outside the occasional engineer or necro, professions like ele and rangers are almost never seen while warrior/thief cover the roamer role in these “blowout” teams, but why don’t you tell me what you mean for “closely” matched teams?

Without any way to match two teams of equal skill level because of the lack of ladder, I presume you were referring to same team composition or close one…so why do you waste time with your rant?

You apparently need to pay more attention in those 200 +matches of yours then. Your crying about tPvP being a place filled with said OP classes is quite ignorant though. Nearly every good team i see, including mine runs a comp that doesn’t have double of any class.

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

None of the top tier teams stack guardians or mesmers. They all have a guardian and mesmer but I never see them use doubles.

And the reason tourney games are usually blowouts is because it is usually pug vs guild. Once the new features start rolling out, that will change.

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

raesirecks.4325

What new features?

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

You apparently need to pay more attention in those 200 +matches of yours then. Your crying about tPvP being a place filled with said OP classes is quite ignorant though. Nearly every good team i see, including mine runs a comp that doesn’t have double of any class.

And who are you to say your team is good? I absolutely don’t care about what your guild is running, I was talking about the majority, learn to read pls, that’s why I’ve said why you waste your time with your rant, currently 8 teams out of 10 run with double guardian/mesmer now I care not for the little snowflake guild which run with triple ranger or some other random bullkitten

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Coolant.9732

And who are you to say your team is good? I absolutely don’t care about what your guild is running, I was talking about the majority, learn to read pls, that’s why I’ve said why you waste your time with your rant, currently 8 teams out of 10 run with double guardian/mesmer now I care not for the little snowflake guild which run with triple ranger or some other random bullkitten

Hilariously ironic.

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

raesirecks.4325

I think the intent of this post has back-fired…

Balance back-fired?

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Hahaha. Thank your the laugh jgowans.