Balance ideas

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I would like to see certain classes be able to run a power version as well as condi. I wish there could be more diversity here.

Secondly, I would not buff Ele or Rev, currently these are the strongest classes in the meta, I suspect you have been under a rock. If teams in the Pro-leagues were allowed to they would take two eles and two revs into every fight.

The only class that really needs to be looked at is Guardian. They have a serious issue with reflect and they need some builds that can survive in this meta.

This meta is ironically the most balanced yet, with only a few overpowered classes and most of the other classes at the same level.

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Should I use simpler words?

The balance diatribe was present way before HoT launched.

People ask for nerfs and that’s what people do in any PvP MMO, there are millions of armchair developers out there who know how a game should be balanced (99% of time this means a game that heavily favour them)

They pick one clakitten build, they lose on that build and next thing they do…..they’ll go ranting on the forum about how the game is not balanced and what should be nerfed/buffed

What amuse me though is players ,they all pick a game with several combat elements and inevitably ,end up asking to nerf some elements in favour of others.

Why don’t go for a game with a single combat element ( like dunno a shooter with only 2 guns available and single character to play), then go there and prove your “superiority” to the world

Just sticking to the topic without going on an irrelevant pompous rant would be fine for starters.

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Agemnon.4608:
Guardian:

• Sword damage increased by 15%, no longer projectile effect.
  • Flashing blade distance increased to 750 up from 600.
  • Dragon’s Maw cool down reduced to 50 seconds.
  • Hunter’s Ward cool down now 35 seconds.

This isn’t anywhere near enough to make DH or Guardian viable. Besides, these are all the wrong things. -.-

The problem with Guardian is sustain, or rather, lack of it. Passive health regen is supposed to be guardians thing, but warriors do it better. And they have a massively bigger healthpool in the first place. Boons are supposed to be guardians thing, but Heralds, Scrappers and Elementalists do this better. Any of this is not going to change just by tweaking weapons and utilities, Guardian needs a trait re-haul and major changes to how said weapons and utilities work.

PS Edit: Funny, for once I find myself agreeing with Supreme. This almost never happens!

With monk focus, guard get awesome heal burst on relatively low CD ( smithe conditions at 16s traited and max 36s with judge’s intervention), we’re talking about 1.9-2k heal burst at 0 haling power

By contrast any ele build to be viable must have min 500 healing power, that’s an additional required stat respect to guard.

The heal skills on ele hav poor base value with great scaling where guard is the opposite and that’s the best path, warriors sustain works the same, no healing power required

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You know, as long as these changes are all sPvP specific and leave WvW and PvE entirely alone, go ahead. Whatever makes things more boring in sPvP space works.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Anet please pay no attention to the OP. He’s clearly on very strong drugs.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Anet please pay no attention to the OP. He’s clearly on very strong drugs.

Afraid of classes needing skill? Survivability is insane and surviving 2v1 on some classes takes far less skill than killing on others. In season 2 for example for a druid to kill a scrapper was a big feat that required great timing despite the extra damage coming from pets. Bristleback needed to fire in the downtime between reflects, one of which is on a six second cooldown, staff needed for some astral force and healing, and timing PB shot just right to interrupt the heal after the invuln.

What do people complain about mostly?

1.Too much powercreep.

2.Too many conditions.

3.Classes having way too much of everything. Why not take an offensive amulet? Perma-protection has you covered. There is too much going around from resets (especially) to AoE to CC.

We also need to reward tactical thinking and reaction time better too. If you attack someone and they proc Nightmare Runes then that’s cheap, unearned defense. What happens if you lose control over your character? The initiative goes to your opponent and now it’s as if they get the first hit even though they did nothing to earn it. Camp and intercept on druid? Sorry, Nightmare Runes feared you so that busted your plans. Intercept on thief? Nope, Nightmare Rune proc. That effect should only accompany actives with charge times and be the entire part of that skill since it’s a strong enough condition. This way, you earn your CC via skillful play and make a judgment call that fearing is a good call. Thief’s stolen necro skill has a cast time that can be interrupted though it’s a bit OP (it’s AoE) itself.

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Every single HoT spec needs an across the board nerfhammer. Some more than others. Many abilities need a rework so they don’t do every kittening thing at the same time.

Condis need a nerf not in damage but how many different ones can be applied with 1 or 2 abilities.

Nightmare rune 6/6 needs to be deleted.

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I would like to see certain classes be able to run a power version as well as condi. I wish there could be more diversity here.

Secondly, I would not buff Ele or Rev, currently these are the strongest classes in the meta, I suspect you have been under a rock. If teams in the Pro-leagues were allowed to they would take two eles and two revs into every fight.

The only class that really needs to be looked at is Guardian. They have a serious issue with reflect and they need some builds that can survive in this meta.

This meta is ironically the most balanced yet, with only a few overpowered classes and most of the other classes at the same level.

Please play all the initial 8 classes with only core specs, against people you normally have a 50/50 % win rate, then talk about balance again.

No way its balanced if not everyone has access to Hot and 1 spec (elite one) its necesary to not been much weaker (im not saying it make it unplayable, but its totally diferent if you fight with people of your same skill level).

In fact balance need to be centered in tunning down the elite specs so that we get back to an aprox of the old none well balanced meta, so that anet can fix that next.

Since Hot we have even less balance , because they buried core builds that even were very strong to be weak, not nerfing them, not making others strong, introducing new ones that are much stronger (the amulets cleaning up its the only exception).

Thats the “balance” we have now, it has improved since its original release with the expansion, but its wayyy worst than pre expansion, if you consider the contrary you are most probably thinking elite spec vs elite spec.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Balance ideas

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Conditions

• Make some mitigation to condition damage, actually they are out of control, no conter play.
    Starts for rework the damage formula to include VITALITY. Then if someone wants run bunker needs spend resources in toughness and vitality.
    Also remove EXPERTISE from game and make conditions able to crit upon application. Then if someone wants run condibursters he needs spend resources in cond dmg, precision and ferocity (ferocity will define the increased time of appliated condition if lands critical).

Sustain
Full dps scholars and adventures actually have far more sustain that soldier classes, then Anet still buffing and buffing soldier sustain to match with the insane dps of scholars and adventures, and keep buffing here and there again, again and again. This increase more and more power creep.

• Make a light tweak in ARMOR atribute of each kind of profission. Then if scholars and adventures wants run full direct or condition dps and quickly kills, they need take some risk of be one shoted due low armor.
  • Scholars should mitigate damage via skills, teleports, auras, transferences and boons.
  • Adventures should also focus in edurance to mitigate damage, all them could have 150 points to spend in dodge and mibility(with faster dodge animation and/or travel distance).
    No longer cc, dash and perma stelth spam for adventures. Then they can still fighting on capture point without penality or ovepowered skills like “bouding dodge” or “electro-whirl”.
  • Soldier could have fast hands as core hability. They were treined and disciplined to be weapon masters, then they could have some advantage of equip like sigils, runes, heavi armor(more armor) and weapons(fast weapon swap).
    No longer tons of heals and invul over invul. No more power creep, means stable and fun game and more easy of balance.

Itens

• Ammulets should be all 4 stats, looks more easy of balance.
  • No ideas for now to runes and sigils.

(edited by JETWING.2759)