Balance is fine Kappa

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Balance is fine, we don’t need any more adjustments.

Nothing more to add.

Attachments:

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I don’t have a rev, but I looked up precision strike on the wiki and under notes it says:

Fires a projectile at up to three nearby foes.
Multiple projectiles can affect the same foe when enemies are lined up or when you’re inside one of them.

I’m going to guess you where stacked with your teammates?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I’ll entertain you, I guess.

So, over a period of ~6-7 seconds, you got hit for ~10k damage?
Why, that’s only 1400-1600 DPS! Thieves can do a lot more with just auto-attacks :^)

Hell, that second Precision Strike only hit for ~4k in three crits on, what I’m assuming, is a Retribution/Devastation/Herald Zerker Rev. I can do that sort of damage from 1200 range with a lot of classes. I’m more surprised they even landed, tbh.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I’m going to guess you were stacked with your teammates?

Nope, clones/phantasms.

I’ll entertain you, I guess.

So, over a period of ~6-7 seconds, you got hit for ~10k damage?[..] Hell, that second Precision Strike only hit for ~4k

#facepalm I quess because you did not look at the timestamp? That’s not a second precision strike, that’s from the same.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Precision Strike has a 4s cooldown and a 1/2s cast time…

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

That’s not a second precision strike, that’s from the same.

That is not possible Precision Strike only sends 3 projectiles.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I know, still 1 use of it hit me for ~8k.

And it still did. You have the timestamp in the screenshot.
Oh no! A skill that does not do what it is supposed to do? Never heard about that!

Edit: ‘Ancestral Grace’ was also not supposed to blast multiple times when you jumped at the start of the cast. It still did.

(edited by Teutos.8620)

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Malchior.5732

I know, still 1 use of it hit me for ~8k.

And it still did. You have the timestamp in the screenshot.
Oh no! A skill that does not do what it is supposed to do? Never heard about that!

Edit: ‘Ancestral Grace’ was also not supposed to blast multiple times when you jumped at the start of the cast. It still did.

The first Precision Strike did NOT hit you for 8k, it was ~6k and a lot of the damage wasn’t even directly from Precision Strike, but from Sigils (over 2000!).

The second one barely hit over 4k.

Now, IF somehow, PS hit you 6 times, that’s a bug and doesn’t really have to do with direct balance issues. You would report it as a bug to Anet and hope it gets fixed soon.
Unfortunately, this looks more like you just sat there and took two full Precision Strikes.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

This looks more like you told two Revenants to use Precision Strike at the same time more than anything.

You have the name of the revenant in the screen. I understand that you prefer that your beloved game has no bugs and that there is another explanation, but unfortunately that screen was from the first game I played today.

The first Precision Strike did NOT hit you for 8k, it was ~6k and a lot of the damage wasn’t even directly from Precision Strike, but from Sigils (over 2000!).
The second one barely hit over 4k.

Again: It was 1 precision strike.

Now, IF somehow, PS hit you 6 times, that’s a bug and doesn’t really have to do with direct balance issues. You would report it as a bug to Anet and hope it gets fixed soon.

Balance&Bug goes hand in hand since every bug effects the balance. See the example from Ancestral Grace from above.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Malchior.5732

I edited my post, but regardless, IF this is a bug (which NO ONE in the Rev forum has encountered apparently), then just report it. There’s no use in complaining about balance when it’s clearly unintended. However, you didn’t point out what happened and all we have is a log with damage numbers which leads me and everyone else to believe that you set this up and just got hit by two full Precision Strikes.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Nope, clones/phantasms.

Clone/phantasms are still targets, so if the wiki is right, and you where in line with those clones then all of the projectiles fired at each of the clones could have easily hit you in addition to the projectile that the ability sends at you.

Granted it’s still only supposed to hit three targets, or three projectiles so getting hit more than three times should still be a bug no matter the circumstance.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Clone/phantasms are still targets, so if the wiki is right, and you where in line with those clones then all of the projectiles fired at each of the clones could have easily hit you in addition to the projectile that the ability sends at you.

That was my first though too. I haven’t play much since the last balance patch, where they changed how precision strike works. That’s why I though it was an intended behaviour to fire multiple projectiles at the opponents around and I that I was just in the way. (And therefore a balance problem)

The problem is, I am not able to reproduce it with the golems in the mists. The ability is only firing three projectiles there regardless how many opponents are around you. Therefore max hitting you 3 times, not 6. So it seems to really be more a bug problem, but I’ll keep my eyes on it and try to reproduce it.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It’s definitely unbalanced that kind of damage. Defenders will tell you thieves are too squishy so it doesn’t matter but regardless its still not balanced. X is never a defense for Y. That kind of damage has no place in this game I don’t care if the person doing it has 1 vitality and falls over when looked at.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Malchior.5732

It’s definitely unbalanced that kind of damage. Defenders will tell you thieves are too squishy so it doesn’t matter but regardless its still not balanced. X is never a defense for Y. That kind of damage has no place in this game I don’t care if the person doing it has 1 vitality.

2k – 3k on auto or 4k+ on a low CD skill has become the norm (even before HoT), like it or not. It’s powercreep, but to be competitive in damage, you need to do this much or more.

Funny how defense was so stacked last meta, that this “crazy high damage” didn’t even matter.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Manage your endurance better, don’t engage when escape or stunbreak skills are on cooldown or your endurance is low, and make sure you don’t have any lag or input lag problems.

If it’s similar to TSW’s blaze bug from years ago then yeah it needs a fix.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

This was happening after the build release from last night. They probably borked something else up when the fixed CoR.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I just managed to repeat it again. 1 precision strike hit 6 times for a total of ~8k damage.

The opponent was a mesmer, in the down state, on clock tower right next to the wall (the little edge next to the capture point, not the one wall of the tower itself).

Attachments:

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I just managed to repeat it again. 1 precision strike hit 6 times for a total of ~8k damage.

The opponent was a mesmer, in the down state, on clock tower right next to the wall (the little edge next to the capture point, not the one wall of the tower itself).

That is almost certainly a bug introduced when they tried to fix the “Not targeting downed players” bug.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Could you make a vid? I am not able to reproduce it at all.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Alright, cool. I might try to replicate this on the weekend with my friend.

This is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed. Probably due to the recent fix. Try posting it in the Bugs forum if you haven’t already.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Nope, clones/phantasms.

Granted it’s still only supposed to hit three targets, or three projectiles so getting hit more than three times should still be a bug no matter the circumstance.

Seriously guys. Do you not read patch notes? Precision Strike always shoots three projectile since the last balance patch. Multiple targets means a spreaded precision strike.

And OP is lucky to be only critted for 1.3k. With marauder on elementalist, you get hit for 2.2k crits.

I also read about that bug right now. Okay, must clearly be with that “do not target downed guys” fix attempt.

Alerie Despins

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Teutos.8620

The problem is, I’m not sure yet what is causing it.

• Both times the “victim” from Precision Strike was a mesmer.
  • One time it brought the mesmer into the downstate, next time it hit the mesmer in the downstate
  • First time it was on the open field in foefire, second time right next to a wall.

Balance is fine Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hm, interesting. I will take a look at it later on.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144