Balance patch is a failure

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Give it up guys, ArenaNet has no idea what they are doing. Power creeping to the point PvP isn’t fun, we were all hoping for a more risk/reward, more skillful timing and more combat strategy focus but it is still the same ol’ mindless spam-fest.

Welp, PvE is still somewhat enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

We still need a bit more time. I am happy that the no-skill builds like bunker mesmer are gone, but still need to see how more matches play out.

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

it is an utter failure

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

We still need a bit more time. I am happy that the no-skill builds like bunker mesmer are gone, but still need to see how more matches play out.

This goes beyond classes being fair, the fun factor is involved with so many powerful abilities with such low cooldowns both offensively and defensively. With bunkers gone it is even more painfully obvious.

in PvP

Posted by: YuukiAsuna.3417

YuukiAsuna.3417

Please tell me more about how Chrono bunker needing nerfed meant that Mesmer as a class gets nerfed into uselessness as well.
No time needed to see that. Mesmer has already been down this road before and we all know that you have to have a team built around a Mesmer for portal plays, thief hard counters Mesmer, and on and on.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

There is virtually no plan here.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Of course it is a failure. Ever since they gave up on balancing skills but instead tried to “change the meta every 3 months” they basically destroyed the idea of build variety and expect everyone to play the few viable builds left (because skills are so unbalanced now you’re lucky if there is just 1 good build available for your class).

That and when they removed the stats points from the 5 trait lines you used to be able to choose from. What a disaster that decision was. That was a massive step backward and the beginning of when everything started to fell apart.

How can you buff ele scepter for like 5 times in a row and still fail at making it anything else than boring-useless? A 60 radius buff for only one skill on the Warhorn, a weapon on which all the skills are also useless.

They need to press the reset button and go back to how the skills were on release, when the elementalist could equip a berserker amulet and have 3000 extra HP thanks to the water trait line.

GW2 used to be an amazing game, but now it’s just sad to see this unfold.

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

bunker mes took more skill than condi spamming lol

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Yep but people wont accept it, anyone thinking that 123 spamming condis on a reaper or now 1-2 skills and AA on thief is any more skillful than bunker mesmer is a kittening joke.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: YuukiAsuna.3417

YuukiAsuna.3417

Yep but people wont accept it, anyone thinking that 123 spamming condis on a reaper or now 1-2 skills and AA on thief is any more skillful than bunker mesmer is a kittening joke.

And that’s really saddening too. Because Mesmer will never move beyond being a hot join/wvw roamer hero class at that point.
Was bunker Mesmer strong? Yep not denying it. But the devs went about it the wrong way when they nerfed it.
Now you’re better off playing PU condi Mesmer so you can hide from the thieves spamming their AA’s since you won’t contribute to the team anyway

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Remember when they tried to do things slow and steady? Even then power-creep was real, but it was at least just power CREEP. What we have now is simply a runaway train.