Balance soon?

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

The last recent balance did things mostly good but skipped alot of broken facts, for I dont know what reasons.

The things being most OP never got touched and I think today’s show has proven pvp is still missing nerfs.

Let me make a small list of OBVIOUS broken stuff you never even cared about the last and current meta:

- Scrapper’s survivability + dps + gyro’s with passive play (stomp/rez).
All you’ve done is increase some cd’s which were good but still ridiculously low for some reason. It still has too much survivability for the amulet its using. I know you don’t want to make it a dead spec but come on..

- Druid’s Pet DPS; coming from Bristleback specifically. It’s broken as kitten. No idea why, despite ALL the complaints, you let this through. It one-hits any other DPS’er along with 1 daze/stun. Such passive play should NOT be supported.

- Revenant’s Mobility + DPS + survivability. Exact the same as Scrapper but only worse. I know you’ve toned down the damage. You can leave the DPS the same all I care but do something about the survivability and mobility. It’s just ridiculous.

- DH’s elite visual bug. It’s still in the game, like wtf, really? I get knockdown for walking against an invisible wall, over and over for 4 seconds. Traps are already very rewarding and you’re just making it worse by let it have a visual “invisible” bug.

Those OP’ness stated above is just making the pvp matches make very toxic. Every team is now running 2 Revenants, 2 Scrappers and an Ele. Great.

I really hope the 23rd of February you’re going to tone down the passive-play in the above mentioned topics.

I wish for the day I can play both my mains again; thief & warrior without the feeling the match is lost because I’m playing I class I want but being mostly useless due the broken stuff around.

Don’t wait 4 kittening months for really simple, small stuff.
I swear, alot of ppl will lose their minds and just quit the game again and wait till next balance patch like I did with the previous meta.

Don’t be lazy, I beg of you.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Azantius.2976

Azantius.2976

So I am curious.

Given you clearly watched the matches today and there was a grand total of one druid (and several eles), why do you think this proves druids need nerfs ?

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

The game needs balance. The game DOESN’T need is balance from ArenaNet, trust me those guys aren’t good at it.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

So I am curious.

Given you clearly watched the matches today and there was a grand total of one druid (and several eles), why do you think this proves druids need nerfs ?

Just as much why Turret Engineer used to have nerfs. Or other specs who didnt even cut it for ESL/Meta. Too much reward for no effort.

How is it fair for a single button (on low cd) hitting over 10k?

I really lack the insight in why people would even support this kind of damage on pet. Unless its the only build in the game they can/want play because of easy 1v1 kills.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

The truth is that either Anet doesn’t want to all the classes to be balanced or they simply don’t have the expertise on their staff to achieve this goal. The last balance patch was clear evidence of this fact as the chose to remove so many amulets with defensive stats from the game to achieve balance…all they really did was eliminate bunkers and place more emphasis on classes with both strong offensive & defensive capabilities, with the exception of Mesmer who get beat with a nerf stick. If you played a poorly balanced class before the patch…then life still sucks.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

The truth is that either Anet doesn’t want to all the classes to be balanced or they simply don’t have the expertise on their staff to achieve this goal. The last balance patch was clear evidence of this fact as the chose to remove so many amulets with defensive stats from the game to achieve balance…all they really did was eliminate bunkers and place more emphasis on classes with both strong offensive & defensive capabilities, with the exception of Mesmer who get beat with a nerf stick. If you played a poorly balanced class before the patch…then life still sucks.

No matter what anet does, all classes will never be balanced. Get that idea out of your mind. We d always have a god,strong, great and good tier.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Anet should hire a balance team and give Tom the unpaid intern a break imho.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree in general. Especially that engi is way too tanky.

Mesmerising Girl

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

So I am curious.

And 1 Mesmer, clearly Anet overnerf the class and it needs a buff for better representation in the pro league competitions.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

No matter what you guys think what class needs to be nerfed and buffed – playing the game and in a lot of cases even reading the traits and skills is usually enough to realize that the game needs some serious balancing.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Those OP’ness stated above is just making the pvp matches make very toxic. Every team is now running 2 Revenants, 2 Scrappers and an Ele. Great.

Where were those double scrapper teams?

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Shhhh. Don’t make the OP think too hard. He’d rather rage.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

INSTEAD OF NERFING THEY NEED TO BUFF OTHER CLASSES. STOP TELLING ANET TO NERF THINGS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

@Terrorsquad.4802

For the druid bristleback problem. It’s dealing too much damage because instead of spike barrage hitting 15 times like in the description, it actually is hitting 20 times. Which in turn is giving the attack 25% more damage than its supposed to

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

Balance soon?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Why am I not surprised. I’d bet money that is deliberate.

Mesmerising Girl

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The rules only allowed doubling up with a single class, and they chose revenants.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

While I agree that the Bristle F2 needs to be fixed I really do not think anything else on the druid side needs to be nerfed.

Eles are fine now. What they need to nerf next is the Revenant and Necromancer.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

So you want necromancer to be totally useless and out meta. Who needs an easy to lockdown class, that cant do damage and also weakest to focus, one of worst to survive in bigger fights on his own?

I don’t think reaper is problem as it possible to beat them with every prof.
I did it also with base proffs without elite spec. as i read all whines on forums so i wanted to see if its true what people post on forums or just angry because killed by a reaper or just have learn to play issues.
The results was pretty good as my main is necromancer.
I have beat a lot of necromancers with base! proffs. Was pretty fun to kill that OP necromancers with useless garbage base professions. Both hot join till i got some skill with prof like i never played before and after that started to do unranked.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Worry not. Anet appears to be letting the pro league players make the balance decisions. Rev and necro are safe.

Warrior, guardian, Mesmer and thief can look for a long period of being second class.

Mesmerising Girl

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Now that eu best team play the same comp than us team….anet has a huge problem for its next balance patch..
There is no more profession to kill without hurting abjured.
Only thing they can do is to kill ele and engi as it is clearly at this point us got outplayed the most.
Maybe buff to god mode thief but I fear toker will find a good thief in eu also.
What is for sure is that guardian warriors and mesmer will remain a very long time out of meta as abjured are in difficulty and do not master this prof.
Ranger which was seen as a strong class before the final has not prooven it had a place and will not get help as it is not played by abjured.

Maybe removing the class stacking limit rule and let abjured play 5 rev team….

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

The rules only allowed doubling up with a single class, and they chose revenants.

Why would you think Im talking about Pro League?

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Same here; Why would you think I’m talking about Pro League exclusively?
I’ve come across premades with 2 revs/2 scrappers/1 ele most of the matches (when they were 5/5)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

@Terrorsquad.4802

For the druid bristleback problem. It’s dealing too much damage because instead of spike barrage hitting 15 times like in the description, it actually is hitting 20 times. Which in turn is giving the attack 25% more damage than its supposed to

I know but think about it; even with 25% reduced it would still be too much. It would still hit 7.500k+ depending if Pet got fury from the swap after the cd from trait is over.

The base damage is just too much.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

what you expected
from bunker meta you come to no res/stomp meta cause why bother
most of the fight if they tried to res ended up with 2 downs instead of one cause of the power creap (beside the ranger shout and engi gyro
and for power creep who would you take. they buff thief but rev does it better as it got more surviving skills.
engi better than warrior and guard and hardly was killed unless it was 1v3
condi mesmer was outclass just by 1v1 versus necro so pushed to play portal jukes (like thief job) and power mes is out of the meta cause of low dmg
necro sometimes hardly did dmg with all the cleanse and focues fire and pushed to play decaper role
they cannot nerf scrapper as his only best skill is healing skill. nerf that and the whole class get broken. remove sustain and the whole class get broken.
even after they buff thief no one played it cause revenant is in the house.

just watch and see how soon ppl start to qq about this power meta creep….

atm there is no alternatives
rev great with power and condi
necro great with condi and boon rip
scrapper great at sustain with dmg
ele just bot healer and condi managment

if warrior or thief could kill 1v1 scarper or necro on point than you would see changes in the meta
if mesmer condi or power could kill rev than you would see changes in meta

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I watched all the matches, and I have to say. How is it ok that the only viable classes are Revenant, Scrapper, Druid (barely), Necro (barely, they were a weak link the whole time), Ele (only a support).

On top of that, only one build for each of them is really viable, save for Rev who can go Mallyx/Shiro instead of Shiro/Glint.

What’s going on with this game? It was really boring for me personally to watch two teams of the same exact comp go against each other. It just wasn’t that interesting. They were all tanky/bunkery, but still did enough damage to finally kill one another. Just makes me sad to see how boring (in my opinion) this meta has become, even with the removal of tanky ammy’s and nerfs to certain traits.

There just needs to be more variation and flavor because as it is now, there’s hardly any.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

my solution so more variation can be entered

rev
decrease movement ability with telepot or put it on target site only so he cant travel if the target is above 1500 range. movement ability should be a thief job
decrease the healing out of shield proc
put icd on healing skill when swap legend
this changes will alow thief to enter and maybe even mesmer (later need some buff)

scrapper
i dont know greatly this class but the ability to heal so frequent and almost unable to interupt it. nerf it little bit.
passive play need to be tuned down like gyro stomp and res , elixir proc 1 after the another . maybe some icd inbetween and gyro should be easy to target and killed. and if so longer cd
warrior should be able to 1v1 them more easily so less stability to scrapper.

necro
fine by me. if they free to do dmg its your team fualt. other wise they can be weak to focused fire

ele
fine by me but should give abilities to other class to support too (bunker mes, bunker guard, druid) with the same sustainability. ele is condi and healing bot. mesmer boon share and was ressing bot, guard condi and boon share and tank
so mesmer – give them back the ability to res faster (not stomp) and alacrity to self should be 66% and allies 33%
guard – bring his aura back somehow

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Druid in right hands is unstoppable… their revive speed is insane when downed, their mut goes an almost instant heals their team mates.
Just like scrapper in right hands unstoppable, I only die if I’m focused by 3 players, or 2 marauder-zerker players… and if they run after me for 1-2 minutes.
Third, but not last, condi/hybrid reaper will be unstoppable too in season 2.. few people can really play this profession (everybody runs zerker, in pro-league to..I don’t know why?!), and 99% of people can’t counter it, they run or die, simple as that. Don’t ask me why both condi and hybrid, you will feel it in pvp ranked!

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

We have all seen how good Druid revive is against a coordinated team at the top level of play. Stop saying that its unstoppable….. because it is not.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Yashuoa.9527

Meaning there were no double scrapper teams.
So the OP shouldnt create a picture as if there were.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

So much salt…..

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

overall game is much more balanced than it was before big patch. that being said, a few things need work….

-Rev direct damage needs toning down
-ele needs a little love in the survivability department, not much though
-thief needs a little something, i’m not sure, its almost there… maybe its just that rev can do almost everything thief can better….
-guardian: to gimmicky, dominant in low to mid tier pvp, needs a little rework to make better at high tier and less effective in low tier.. not sure how t his can be done
-Necro, engi need a little toning down… not much, but a little bit in either survivability or damage
-nerf ranger pet dps…

(edited by Michael.9517)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Again, pls read the whole forum where I said (2 times already): where did I say I was talking about Pro League exclusively? I know you’re all protecting your babies but something gotta happen.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Yashuoa.9527

Again, pls read the whole forum where I said (2 times already): where did I say I was talking about Pro League exclusively? I know you’re all protecting your babies but something gotta happen.

It doesnt matter if you only talk about pro league or more.
There is no mass plague of 2 rev, 2 scrapper and 1 ele teams. Just because you happened to run into a few, doesnt make it so that everyone is running this.
I havent even met a single one of these, so there cant be to many.

No need to jump to personal attacks about people protecting their babies.

Someone is obvioulsy gonna disagree if you exaggarate and describe several images of things that are just not true. That isnt helping the cause of balance.

I want balance just as much as anyone else who wants balance, but what you write isnt helping.

Stuff like bristlebacks onehitting (not true. Not even if someone doesnt avoid the attack and gets the full channel). Druids may need some changes (nerfs in some areas and buffs in others) but saying bristleback oneshots is not helping. Also according to you, you dont meet druids, so they cant be much of an issue :P.

Rev being a worse version of scrapper, yet gets doubled up in pro league and not scrapper, so its unlikely that rev is a worse version in all those mentioned areas.

Somehow Reaper doesnt even get a mention (arguably one of the bigger issues).

Those invisible dh traps are bugged and should get fixed indeed.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

overall game is much more balanced than it was before big patch.

Only thing that makes things look more balanced is the non stacking pro rules.
All teams were close to be clones (I just noticed a variant with a mes and another with a druid)
Without stacking rules I am convinced we would have seen 3+ revs everywhere

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Rev being a worse version of scrapper, yet gets doubled up in pro league and not scrapper, so its unlikely that rev is a worse version in all those mentioned areas.

With Rev “being worse” I meant it’s even more broken than Scrapper.
In other words, the balance of Rev is even worse than that of Scrapper.

Please don’t be that guy taking every single word seriously.
With one-hit I meant it can erase 70-80% of my thief’s HP-pool. In that time the ranger can also use its LB or GS to do some AA’s while I’m stunned from his wepswap/utility.
Basically for me thats being one-hit as it only took one burst.

I’m also not coming across perma 2rev/2scrappers/1ele teams, ofcourse.
Again, dont take everything so seriously.
But yes, 2 revs/2scrappers are a hype. And it might come a thing depending if a team is getting a necro or not.

Yes Reaper also needs to be looked at, sure.
But it’s not as bad as the above stated facts.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Yashuoa.9527

With one-hit I meant it can erase 70-80% of my thief’s HP-pool. In that time the ranger can also use its LB or GS to do some AA’s while I’m stunned from his wepswap/utility.

Almost everything erases that amount of hp from a thiefs hp pool if the thief doesnt dodge, bandit defence, interrupt or some other method to avoid dmg though :P.

Exaggaration can make something a sensitive topic.
I believe its better to be a bit more careful with choice of words, regarding these balance issues.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Almost everything erases that amount of hp from a thiefs hp pool if the thief doesnt dodge, bandit defence, interrupt or some other method to avoid dmg though :P.

Exaggaration can make something a sensitive topic.
I believe its better to be a bit more careful with choice of words, regarding these balance issues.

No it doesnt. There are very few of such skills able to do such damage in short time.

Having a pet doing the same amount of damage like those few skills is broken and bad.
And its not like a Thief has endless dodges/blocks.

There’s a reason why Thief wasnt at Pro League.
It feels every single spec (outside warrs/mesmers) are countering thieves. Be it 1v1 or teamfights.

And I really don’t want to jump on the bandwagon and play a spec I really dont enjoy, like Revenant.

Balance soon?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Are we not getting any updates about 2morrow’s changes in regards to “polishing” buff/nerfs, as Anet stated would happen 2morrow?

Balance soon?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I think that balancing shouldn’t be focused so much on individual classes than on team builds. One thing the last tournament hammered home is that there appears to be only one really good team composition and the rest are mediocre compared to it.

Having teams with class stacking is fine. A team with 2 revs, no problem. But when that team is the only optimal team, then there is an issue. There was more variability in earlier tournaments and there was much more variability in GW1 (which still required double monks).

What we need is team balance. Focusing on individual class nerfs and buffs, without considering team balance will not improve the game. When we do have good team balance, we’ll see a variety of viable teams and a greater variety of classes playing in those teams.