Balance this season

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Balance this season actually seems to be pretty good. Maybe guardian is a tad overtuned, but whatever tweaks were made after last season to the really OP specs seems to have worked.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

I just want guardian CC to go. Traps dazing is too much. They have quite a lot of invulns too that just need to be toned down.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I just want guardian CC to go. Traps dazing is too much. They have quite a lot of invulns too that just need to be toned down.

What do you mean by “a lot of invunls”?

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Perhaps he meant blocks, guardian has only one, 3sec lasting invulnerability.
Anyway I was about to start a new thread but this one will do nicely.

Did anyone noticed something bizzare with matchmaking? I had a few weeks of pause from playing due to real life stuff and recently I got myself back into our beloved game mod. Though I don’t play ranked anymore due to unstable connection (dunno why) I find myself on unranked… but something makes me feel uneasy.

It’s my win/lose ratio. Before last huge update I played as much ranked as I could, getting into diamond on something about 65%-70% win rate. As well as unranked matches were doing fairly good.
But now? Now it all went to mud, I hardly encounter good match ups, being forced to share some tips and tricks to my team mates on how to better rotate etc… (Though I admit, some harsh words get tapped on my keyboard as well, such a rebel I am.)

Anyway, just as many matches I used to win in the past, that many matches I lose these days. I wouldn’t mind it that much if these failed battles were in a tight match up with at last 100 point gap, but well… see for yourselves (pic attached)

Though for the sake of dailes I’ll clench my butt cheeks and do what I have to. I do not expect changes for better as someone has to lose so that others could win but I just wish for an explanation, why such a 180 degree change occured on my account?
It’s not like I suddenly went from a decent well played man, to a borderline scrub.

Attachments:

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Balance this season

in PvP

Yasha.5963

I do not expect changes for better as someone has to lose so that others could win but I just wish for an explanation, why such a 180 degree change occured on my account?

I think it is hard to judge, especially in unranked. I know when I play unranked it is often to test out new builds and I am not overly focused on winning. Playing unranked during a ranked season is also probably going to make things even worse.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

The only thing I’d like to see changed with dh is an higher skill floor.

I’ ve never played dh before of this season and I only needed some hours to play decently this prof and get good results.

And when you face the 99% of dh basically always the same skill feeling, is super rare to say “ok, this dh is really better than others”, basically are all in the same floor after some hours.

This copy&paste feeling only happens with dh in my experience, really more than other profs.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

I think the Ele needs some tweaking but not very much. Warhorn needs some tweaking since everyone says too clunky and slow. Heatsync only shares might when the tooltip says shares boons on you, at least fix the tool tip description.

Warrior 11k eviseration crits are a bit strong with the defense, crowd control, and mobility they have.

Rev is beast on the shiro staff spec but pretty hard to play.

Druid is really good this season not sure if too good.

Guardian seems ok to me for some reason. Burn guardians and bunker guardians are pretty nuts.

Thief, Necro, Mesmer, engie, seem pretty balanced.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Balance this season actually seems to be pretty good. Maybe guardian is a tad overtuned, but whatever tweaks were made after last season to the really OP specs seems to have worked.

Don’t forget Druids……overtuned a little bit wouldn’t you say?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

ele destruction helped DH and Druid. Ele was a good counter to then especially when LB was used. the balacing A-Net does is not the worst, but they destroy build diversity within the classes. This patch it feels that they more or less careless overnerved ele instead of targeting one or two sustain skills. I would expect a much higher overal balance if ele would have kept viable. I think removing clerics alone would have done the job in pvp. PvE is a diffrent story and not spliting it makes it hard. Basically the trait CD nerves were some kind of disaster for all non healbot specs.

Balance this season

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Don’t forget Druids……overtuned a little bit wouldn’t you say?

No I wouldn’t say that. They are the easiest class for me to kill.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

The only thing I’d like to see changed with dh is an higher skill floor.

I’ ve never played dh before of this season and I only needed some hours to play decently this prof and get good results.

And when you face the 99% of dh basically always the same skill feeling, is super rare to say “ok, this dh is really better than others”, basically are all in the same floor after some hours.

This copy&paste feeling only happens with dh in my experience, really more than other profs.

It’s already in game. More than 75% of DH we face are really bad. They only spam randomly their skill.

They die in 1v1 a lot.

They don’t rotate properly.

What save bad DH, is bad DH stacking. This and traps.

Trap should have cast time (heal trap the first offender) and the Cooldown should start when it trigger. This is the only OPness of traps we have right now.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Trap should have cast time (heal trap the first offender) and the Cooldown should start when it trigger. This is the only OPness of traps we have right now.

Like I said in another thread, the activated healing of the heal trap should decrease if the guardian is not within the effect area of the trap….or be globally reduced because right now there is no real clever usage of the heal… which is a big one.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

For some 2 seconds invunerability every 70-90seconds is to much…

Many still dont know that condis still tick while guard is using RF…. it is a 2 second from phisical damage only.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

For some 2 seconds invunerability every 70-90seconds is to much…

Many still dont know that condis still tick while guard is using RF…. it is a 2 second from phisical damage only.

You are also immune for the application of new condi but people like to forget that. The damage that is taken is damage from previous hits.

EverythingOP

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Ele’s in trash state…

DH is still in same spot like in previous seasons – noob punisher and too slow and to easy to be replaced by other classes utilites for higher tiers of play.

Meh it’s almost the same like in previous s3 and s2.

Their are some similarities to s1: horde’s of DH…but this time there are no tempest to counter them so I have a kind of satisfaction when I look on DH whining on forum ^^.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

DH sustain needs to go down, traps are fine (except the heal)
-Maybe take a look at Monks Focus

Rev is fine

Ele needs more reliable damage options, dagger abilities don’t do enough damage, staff is not good for anything other than team fighting, and scepter abilities are horrible.

Necro is fine if guard gets hit with a nerf bat

Mesmer is fine

Thief is fine, but could use an ICD on Pulmonary Impact

Druids need more active gameplay, and maybe a longer CD on Staff 3

Engi is fine

Warrior could use a small shave on Adrenal health

A tone down on “Teleport to” abilities would reward kiting more and help separate the average from the slightly above average

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Balance this season

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Ele’s in trash state…

DH is still in same spot like in previous seasons – noob punisher and too slow and to easy to be replaced by other classes utilites for higher tiers of play.

Meh it’s almost the same like in previous s3 and s2.

Their are some similarities to s1: horde’s of DH…but this time there are no tempest to counter them so I have a kind of satisfaction when I look on DH whining on forum ^^.

I think ele is only less popular now because its not a complete faceroll like it was last season.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

dh is fine as it is.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

DH sustain needs to go down, traps are fine (except the heal)
-Maybe take a look at Monks Focus

Rev is fine

Ele needs more reliable damage options, dagger abilities don’t do enough damage, staff is not good for anything other than team fighting, and scepter abilities are horrible.

Necro is fine if guard gets hit with a nerf bat

Mesmer is fine

Thief is fine, but could use an ICD on Pulmonary Impact

Druids need more active gameplay, and maybe a longer CD on Staff 3

Engi is fine

Warrior could use a small shave on Adrenal health

A tone down on “Teleport to” abilities would reward kiting more and help separate the average from the slightly above average

This sound quite reasonable.

Balance this season

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

im actually starting to see just as many Druids in matches as I do DHs. high self sustain and huge pet damage.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "