Balancing Condi mesmer and Perplexity

in PvP

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Q:

Do you guys agree that condition mesmer and perplexity runes need some re-balancing? I feel like on condition mesmer they can make so many mistakes during pvp and still kill people by just shattering and running away applying blinds torment and about 10-15 maybe even 20 confusion stacks with out effort. And now since confusion deals dmg over time instead of skill activation it makes confusion extremely effective. Perplexity has also been a rune that has been extremely strong due to confusion duration and the passive 3 stacks on hit . I think those 2 matched together make an extremely powerful condition application because it takes little effort to apply confusion . What you guys think? I know all the condition mesmers going to hate this post , and probably will add their salt . But I’m curious. Please if you going to criticize this post at least back your argument with logic.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Uhm…

So…perplexity runes don’t actually exist in PvP. Just…so you’re aware. Maybe you meant to post this in the WvW subforums?

in PvP

Sazukikrah.5036

Uhm…

So…perplexity runes don’t actually exist in PvP. Just…so you’re aware. Maybe you meant to post this in the WvW subforums?

Well this was talking about condi mesmers in pvp , and perplexity in general. 2 in one. didnt want to make two posts.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

WvW has really rough balancing so it would be pointless to touch Perplex runes any more than they already have been.

As for condi Mesmer, best way to nerf it outside of a Moa change would be to take traits like Maim of the Disillusioned and Illusionary Retribution and make them only apply to specific shatters (for example make maim apply 2 stacks of torment again, but only with Cry of Frustration, or make retribution apply to Mind Wrack only, etc).

in PvP

Sazukikrah.5036

WvW has really rough balancing so it would be pointless to touch Perplex runes any more than they already have been.

As for condi Mesmer, best way to nerf it outside of a Moa change would be to take traits like Maim of the Disillusioned and Illusionary Retribution and make them only apply to specific shatters (for example make maim apply 2 stacks of torment again, but only with Cry of Frustration, or make retribution apply to Mind Wrack only, etc).

That’s a great idea. Appreciate the feedback. I dont think condi mesmer needs a nerf though just a balancing in skills. I feel as though they are just too oppressive when applying the amount of confusion that they can with little effort. Nerfing it would just make the class useless , cause they already nerfed Zerk Mesmer so no one really plays that as much as they play condi cause it requires more skill. At least in PvP cause they nerfed energy sigil . so setting up mesmer burst is harder with zerk mesmer.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in PvP

Fay.2357

Anyway, 15 or 20 stacks of confusion without effort? Let’s see.

Confusing images: 6 stacks
Cry of frustration with 3 clones + melee range: 8 stacks
Mind wrack with 3 clones + melee range: 4 stacks

Total: 18 stacks.

In order to get 18 stacks of confusion on you, you need to eat a long and slow channeled skill followed by two full shatters (which would require the Mesmer to burn significant cooldowns to generate the illusions for). You would need to dodge none of this and have zero condition removal.

I’m going to go ahead and call this a l2p issue. If a Mesmer is loading you with 20 stacks of confusion, it’s because you’re playing extremely poorly. Before complaining about other classes, instead take a good look at your own level of play.

in PvP

Sazukikrah.5036

My auto correct turned off for a second. I literally can’t spell anything without it.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

L2P issue, nothing more, move along.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

So I’m sorry is this FEAR actually defending condi mesmer and perplexity lol?

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

why is this in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Not really relevant to sPvP. Anyway, perplexity runes are a decent choice for Mesmer now as they almost make Mistrust builds worth the effort in WvW. I’ve been able to get 36 stacks on a player by landing consecutive shatters alongside confusing images and mass interrupt procs for Mistrust with surrounding targets. Pity it was immediately cleansed and all those cooldowns wasted for nothing.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

1) Perplexity runes aren’t in spvp
2) This is spvp forums
3) You iz bad
4) So iz yer geld

L2P

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Sazukikrah.5036

you all keep mentioning perplexity in pvp yes i know that its not , and yes i already stated that i was lazy and didnt want to make 2 post about it.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I’ll humor you. It’s really obvious what you’re trying to do here. Anyone with a shred of common sense and who knows you can easily deduce your intentions here. You play a cheese dire defender warr in wvw with rousing resilence trait.

(Which I find is highly ironic since your build rewards you for many mistakes you make as you pointed out about condi mesmers in your opening post)

Which does well versus most power comps in wvw since it grants massive healing, even more so with adrenal health. But one problem? It’s weak against condi bombs especially condi mesmers which would then force you to take cleansing ire to try to counter back…But therein lies the problem…If you do that, you’ll get ganked by power builds. You simply don’t want to have to choose between the two and that’s why you made this QQ post to nerf condi mesmers. L2P. Everything is intended and should have counters.

Power revs are in the same position yet you don’t see them crying about it. They lack condi clears unless they go hybrid mallyx. It’s a choice you make, accept it. Adapt or die.

As for koolgai complaining also about condi mesmers…Well, what do you expect when you always run pulmonary impact instead of Escapists? Again, it’s a choice you make to not bring condi clears. Don’t be an idiot. This is a build smarter issue.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

in PvP

Fay.2357

Power revs are in the same position yet you don’t see them crying about it.

I mean…have you seen the PvP forums lately? It’s basically power revs complaining about condie Mesmer in every other thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

[Closing this thread due to negativity. Thanks]