Ban ,,search and rescue" in Pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

What annoys me the most about this thread is that I only see people talking about it being used by druids. I wouldn’t want to see this skill nerfed or changed again just because it’s used in some builds on an elite-spec. I as someone who plays a normal ranger, would get hit by it pretty hard.

It has a 45 seconds cool down(35 if traited) and is only really useful in really specific situations. It is not like you also get stability on you cast it and it’s pretty much a waste to use “Rampage as One!” or Signet of the Wild just for the stability. and most of the times you have “Rampage as One!” already used up if you have it slotted.

The speed it resses is too fast.

There are a couple of insta-rezz skills:

Elementalist – Glyph of Renewal
Warrior – Battle Standard
Ranger – Search and Rescue (Not instant, but really fast)
Necro – Signet of Undeath
Gaurdian – Signet of Mercy
Engineer – Toss Elexir R (17% per pulse, so not instant)
Mesmer – Illusion of Life ( …Kinda)

Should we nerf them all or just the ones that people use in their builds?

Search and Rescue: 1200 range, instant cast, 45 sec CD, speed of dual resser, ignores LoS

Glyph of Renewal: 900 range, 3.25 sec cast time, 165 sec CD, various effects based on attunement

Battlestandard: 600 range, 2 sec cast, 240 sec CD, resses 5, an elite

Signet of Undeath: 180 PBAoE, 3 sec cast, 180 sec CD, resses 3

Signet of Mercy: 900 range, 3.75 sec cast, 150 sec CD

Toss Elixir R: 1200 range 180 radius, 1/4 sec cast time, 100 sec CD, pulses 17% a second, 5 targets theoretically

Illusion of Life: Just No

I hope you can see the discrepancies yourself.

Yes I do and that’s why only 1 of those skills is actually used.

Thank you for agreeing with me and seeing the error of your stance. Really takes a big person to admit they’re wrong.

Have a nice day

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

As others said before, this skill is fine.
It’s strong against pug teams cus they just aren’t organized enough but with an organized team it’s pretty easy to cc the druid and prevent the rezz.

HOWEVER, the skill is indeed too strong on kyhlo, the ability to teleport the downed player down the clocktower when he got downed on top of it is just too strong and that should be adjusted.

that is a map issue the same with all the other Teleport type skills with LoS ect changing how the skill works because of one map isn’t a Reasonable or Responsable Fix.

Kyhlo needs to be altered not S&R i totaly agree with you.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

What annoys me the most about this thread is that I only see people talking about it being used by druids. I wouldn’t want to see this skill nerfed or changed again just because it’s used in some builds on an elite-spec. I as someone who plays a normal ranger, would get hit by it pretty hard.

It has a 45 seconds cool down(35 if traited) and is only really useful in really specific situations. It is not like you also get stability on you cast it and it’s pretty much a waste to use “Rampage as One!” or Signet of the Wild just for the stability. and most of the times you have “Rampage as One!” already used up if you have it slotted.

Search and Rescue: 1200 range, instant cast, 45 sec CD, speed of dual resser, ignores LoS

Glyph of Renewal: 900 range, 3.25 sec cast time, 165 sec CD, various effects based on attunement

Toss Elixir R: 1200 range 180 radius, 1/4 sec cast time, 100 sec CD, pulses 17% a second, 5 targets theoretically

Thank you for agreeing with me and seeing the error of your stance. Really takes a big person to admit they’re wrong.

Have a nice day

So are you responding to your own quote pretending to be me? Hilarious. What error exactly? My point was most professions have some sort of rezzing utility, but s&r is the only one that is any good.

So naturally if something is good, haters want to hate. Haters are like, “Ban it because it’s useful! Ban it even more because it’s especially useful on clocktower!!”

My question was whether they think all rezzing skills should be banned or just the useful ones.

By the way clocktower is the problem, not s&r. Thief can port to roof with downed skill #2. And I think there are some more tricky things with clocktower.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Have a nice day

So are you responding to your own quote pretending to be me? Hilarious. What error exactly? My point was most professions have some sort of rezzing utility, but s&r is the only one that is any good.

So naturally if something is good, haters want to hate. Haters are like, “Ban it because it’s useful! Ban it even more because it’s especially useful on clocktower!!”

My question was whether they think all rezzing skills should be banned or just the useful ones.

By the way clocktower is the problem, not s&r. Thief can port to roof with downed skill #2. And I think there are some more tricky things with clocktower.

You aren’t making any sense.

SnR is over performing a bit and needs to be toned down. The CD, range, Los ignore, speed of res, and you can combo stealth with it is too much.

in PvP

Posted by: NorthernRedStar.3054

NorthernRedStar.3054

Because Druids are the strongest profession at the moment with their high-impact ressing, far outshining Auramancer simply not letting their teammates get downed, or mesmers portaling their allies around and quaranteeing a kill with Moa.

Kappa.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Banning would be too much, but i agree something should be done about it. I played against a team with 2 eles and two rangers and it was impossible to kill anyone.

The worst part, though, was that once we capped a point, the people in my team would leave it completely unguarded, meaning they didn’t have to fight to retake it and it was the same impossible to win fight all over again.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

^ thats your teams problem not S&R you can easly out rotate and Contest vs Eles and druids they are simple CC sustain and damage as soon as its 1vs1 druids lack damage and eles of the damage type lack the health to keep fighting and since your team kept feeding team fights where druids shine , you fought in a situation which your team mates put you at a disadvantage by using poor map rotations .

one skill does not make a match , it take a team and Killing a player isn’t always the answer , if you can’t finish a downed focus on the decap force them off the point and out rotate .

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I wouldn’t say ban the ability from PVP but I do think Druids and Tempests need their healing power nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Search and Rescue is a disgusting skill. Fight against three rangers, good luck downing any of them. Its almost impossible. How on earth did Anet think it was a good idea to create a skill that: Instantly teleports the downed player to the ranger and pet, has a 45 cd and has the pet and ranger rez at once? How?

Guardian signet of mercy has been around for ages and it pretty much does the same thing except it has a 4 sec cast time and a 180 cd. Between the insane cc and search and rescue. Downing a player is extremely challenging these days, when it shouldn’t be.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Phink.9153

Phink.9153

SnR becomes really powerful on maps where you can utilize the z-axis. Organized groups can usually interrupt the rez on say a level point without much cover. But on maps like Khylo and Temple where you can rez out of LoS and vertically, either up or down, on the z-axis it is nearly impossible to stop the rez…making it really strong.

I don’t know how I’d go about changing it without ruining its use in PvP, I’d have to think for a while about it…but I could see some change being possibly beneficial for the skill to combat it’s effectiveness on maps like that. But then again, maybe any change will make it worthless and not used like every other rez skill in the game

Jjohnsin E – Lege Scrapper/Rev

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Search and rescue is a very strong skill that is important. It’s handy when you need the res; isn’kitten But when you trying to stomp lord or someone and they do it, ah, pretty inconvenient. wah wah.

I agree, against good team, there’s no guarantee they will succeed in res’g.

edited 3x to try to fix weird censorship issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

There is a trait that allows necros to do something similar. Also, comparing cast times is irrelevant since you still have to heal the person.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

There is a trait that allows necros to do something similar. Also, comparing cast times is irrelevant since you still have to heal the person.

The res is too fast because it’s a dual res. The skill needs more counter play

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You can easily kill the pet before the ranger tries to rez. There are plenty of class mechanics that are unique and strong. If the ranger is far enough off point in a group fight for anyone to notice them them you have a 2 man advantage somewhere. A mesmer could just as easily dropped a portal for the player that was going down so they could be safe.

in PvP

Aza.2105

You can easily kill the pet before the ranger tries to rez. There are plenty of class mechanics that are unique and strong. If the ranger is far enough off point in a group fight for anyone to notice them them you have a 2 man advantage somewhere. A mesmer could just as easily dropped a portal for the player that was going down so they could be safe.

Stop trying to justify the behavior of the skill. It needs nerfed.

Windows 10

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Yeah I’m just going to let you come up with a better defense.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

So what I’ve basically heard in this tread is people complaining about how druid is annoying and is basically countering some of these user’s OP classes that insta kill some with little to no skill. I’ll honestly say if you want to nerf the core of druid which is the healing potion while not advocating the nerfs of other clearly OP classes. You are just crying because your skill-less Anet carried playstyle requires more than winning by just spamming 2,3,4, and 5. As others said and I’ve notice S&R has counter play you just have to have a brain to utilize them. I used to also cry bloodly murder about the skill-less reaper this season then I theory crafted and adopted by playing a custon non meta-battle druid build that does very well in spvp atm because the majority of GW2 spvp’ers flat out just don’t even attempt to use their brain to any degree and just continue to be brain dead by not only playing brain dead classes but copy paste of other people’s builds.

All the crap Anet carried condi bombing players are crying about druid because they are in the right hands a prefect counter atm to skill-less condi bombing play that is dominating GW2 spvp battle arena atm. That being said their should be no surprise that a lot of skill-less Anet carried players who are just used to winning by spamming the same macros/buttons are up in arms about this counter play.

The problem is that Anet unlike other competitive pvp battle arenas will give these skill-less players exactly what they want, and GW2 spvp remains to being one of the saddest lack of true attempt to turn a game into a eSports. But really most of the competitive players that GW2 once had in their spvp lobbies have moved on to greener pastures.

This all and all is just of symptom of how much of a joke GW2’s spvp battle arena is atm. It’s literally one of the few self-proclaimed competitive eSports where you are place higher on the leaderboards/ranks for grinding more so then actually having skill. Also one of the few battle arena eSports where players cry about the lack of build diversity. Build diversity can be fixed by adding more skill trees in the classes elite spec so everyone “don’t have to have that one spec line” but many to choose from.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ironically. If the base ranger class was viable a piercing shots ranger could absolutely shut down any rez attempt assuming signet of stone was popped. Simply line them up and fire na 11k rapid fire through the downed the pet and the ranger.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

R O C.6574

Increase cooldown. That’s all they should do, if anything. Such a cool skill, especially if you play thief :p

in PvP

Posted by: Erthor Skeven.1680

Erthor Skeven.1680

The recharge could be increased perhaps. Compleatly removing it would make rangers and druids less viable for team support.

in PvP

Posted by: Niuseek.4103

Niuseek.4103

What about removing the fact SnR can teleport people through walls/objects? It shouldn’t affect PvE that much, while Khylo version of SnR would not be so op anymore (thief only thing)? It would open a bit more counterplay instead of a guaranteed res.

in PvP

Aza.2105

What about removing the fact SnR can teleport people through walls/objects? It shouldn’t affect PvE that much, while Khylo version of SnR would not be so op anymore (thief only thing)? It would open a bit more counterplay instead of a guaranteed res.

Needs a 120sec + cd.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Needs a 120sec + cd.

You want to give it a longer cd then most elites….yeah that makes sense..0.o

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Aza.2105

Needs a 120sec + cd.

Makes perfect sense: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Mercy

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Needs a 120sec + cd.

• No, its dsnt make sense..
    You are comparing a signet with passive effects that fully revive a team mate when you activate it Vs a shout that ports a down allies, no instant rez.
    ( and theres counterplays for SnR)

This is mostly a L2p issue, watch where the druid is going, keep your cd’s up for CC and cleave.

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

in PvP

Aza.2105

Needs a 120sec + cd.

You are comparing a signet with passive effects that fully revive a team mate when you activate it Vs a shout that ports a down allies, no instant rez.

This is mostly a L2p issue, watch where the druid is going, keep your cd’s up for CC and cleave.

I didn’t know that 180 healing was valuable. And I didn’t know players could move through walls.

P.S the two skills are perfectly comparable.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Niuseek.4103

Niuseek.4103

L2p issue is when you see the druid that is about to SnR and you won’t be able to stop him. I don’t think I need to say more than that here.

However if you cannot teleport to / target the druid because he just came back/ camps khylo roof and he’s using SnR on a downed team mate who you were about to stomp, it’s a different story I believe.

in PvP

R O C.6574

90 sec max, but I would lean toward 60

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Needs a 120sec + cd.

It’s not an instant rez, it has an almost 4 s casting time.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

L2p issue is when you see the druid that is about to SnR and you won’t be able to stop him. I don’t think I need to say more than that here.

However if you cannot teleport to / target the druid because he just came back/ camps khylo roof and he’s using SnR on a downed team mate who you were about to stomp, it’s a different story I believe.

• Players should always have an eye on the timer for respawn, watch the map for rotation awareness and at all time you should know or atleast have an idea wheres the 5 man of the ennemie team is rotating if you dont then it is still a L2P issue..

No offence, this is just my POV..
I never had any problem with SnR and if I watch the pro leagues, neither they do.. (seen some amazing blink stomps on Ele from EU and balls deep CC n Cleave from NA)

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

(edited by Sublime Le Peasant.1932)

in PvP

Posted by: Hendrix.9763

Hendrix.9763

Why not just change it so that either ONLY the pet OR the druid can rez? Having both rezzing a teammate at the same time literally makes the rez end in 1.5 seconds and is too quick to have a reasonable chance to counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Idk, most of the good druids don’t even use this skill anymore because it’s completly useless on every map apart from kyhlo against people who aren’t entirely bad.

Lol what? S&R is a staple druid skill – absolutely clutch in team fights.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

ye in soloq it is indeed. against people with ts it isn’t that great apart from kyhlo. a lot of druids don’t run this skill on non kyhlo/temple.

Why not just change it so that either ONLY the pet OR the druid can rez? Having both rezzing a teammate at the same time literally makes the rez end in 1.5 seconds and is too quick to have a reasonable chance to counter.

Some legit suggestion

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

“Search and Rescue: 1200 range, instant cast, 45 sec CD, speed of dual resser, ignores LoS”
It has 36s cd because it is always traited. Don’t forget it needs no target, can be used ~10s before anyone even goes down(so the effective CD can go down to 26s). And it not only ignores LoS but also the terrain completely. The pets teleports to allies even below the texture or on top of mini jumping puzzles to res them. And instant cast also means u can’t prevent it by CCing the ranger.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Ranger identified.

120 sec minimum

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Leave Search and Rescue alone.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Ranger identified.

120 sec minimum

You want to give it half the cd of battle standard which can insta rez 5 people compared to snr’s 1 (not even instant), is a blast finisher which snr is no finisher, provides fury, might, and swiftness compared to 0 boons from snr….basically u want snr which is 1/10th as good to have half the cd….

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Focus druid. Yw

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Ranger identified.

120 sec minimum

You want to give it half the cd of battle standard which can insta rez 5 people compared to snr’s 1 (not even instant), is a blast finisher which snr is no finisher, provides fury, might, and swiftness compared to 0 boons from snr….basically u want snr which is 1/10th as good to have half the cd….

Battle Standard isn’t insta cast, pre castable, 1200 range, ignore Los, etc. So yeah I said minimum of 120….180 is prolly more fair.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

He said instant rezz not instant cast, it is aoe and it is also precastable which every good warrior did. I think pretty much every druid would trade SnR for battle standard.

Soloquer who lost against triple-druid identified.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)