Banning Helseth

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Denshee.5917

Denshee.5917

Hello,

I go by the name of Denshee and I play for Denial Esports/The Civilized Gentlemen.

For the past couple of months I have put a lot of time into this game, not only because I enjoy the gameplay but because I believed this game could go places in terms of Esports. I commited my time first into Idle and now into Denial/TCG and by a lot of time I mean about 4-5 h of team practice 6 days a week. Outside of that I played the game with friends or alone for fun. For a while i have been doing this while working 8am-5pm (a lot of people do this nothing special about it), but I have dedicated all of my free time in preparation of the tournaments coming up. Just this week I took two days off work to “learn” s/d thief in case it was of need for my team in the tournament.

This applies to every single member of our team, Helseth espeically. Even Battosai who stepped in as our fifth when Vanish was not eligible to participate due to his age, have spent numerous hours into making it work. In all honesty we were one of the top contenders to win this tournament.

Now with this said I hope you can understand that the ban one day ahead of when the qualifiers start comes as quite the shock. I cant defend Helseths actions nor do I intend to but I can voice my concern that I think you (Arenanet) have handled this case without any respect to the other parties involved. Would I be out of my mind if I propose you let Helseth act as our fifth through the qualifiers and then we replace him if we earn a place at PAX?

At this time this is all I have to say, looking forward to a response.
Thanks in advance!
// Denshee

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

He can always buy another copy of GW2, make a new account and apply.

He should learn from his mistake and not cheat, or do whatever he did to deserve the ban.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Dragnela.6532

Dragnela.6532

/vote ban +1
Now he got time for a haircut.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What DID he do to get banned, anyway? That’ll determine my response to it.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Tage.7045

Tage.7045

He can always buy another copy of GW2, make a new account and apply.

He should learn from his mistake and not cheat, or do whatever he did to deserve the ban.

His acc isnt banned only that he is banned at Pax

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Let him play, then at least he doesn’t open his mouth. That one time as shoutcaster with Grouch …

Tz tz

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Denshee.5917

During one of his streams in a sarcastic manner he said he would bring a firearm to PAX because he felt the patch was so bad. Not in his own words.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

During one of his streams in a sarcastic manner he said he would bring a firearm to PAX because he felt the patch was so bad. Not in his own words.

lol…and a bad joke is all that takes to ban one of the top EU players from the first official gw2 tournament?
just lol.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yeah, I can see why they banned him from PAX. But I agree with your suggestion. Let him be on the team for the qualifiers, then replace him for PAX.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

LOL, just LOL

Make a public stream while being a top player and saying such things right before the PAX qualifications… Really?

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They said they were going to be tough on trolls within the game. Go back and look at the posts from august (release). They set a tough line which everyone knew and wanted.

On this particular issue, maybe best to email support.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Denshee.5917

I should clarify that he is banned from the tournament, not the game itself.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

My interest level in this tournament just went down a notch.

And I thought I was bad at handling humour…

Forever unranked.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Wtf all it takes for anet to ban a top player is a patch bashing??
wow..just wow.Patch was an unbelivable pile of kitten anyway.I dont even care for the guy but i feel bad now

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

They said they were going to be tough on trolls within the game. Go back and look at the posts from august (release). They set a tough line which everyone knew and wanted.

Trolling and voicing your opinion (even with a poorly thought out joke) are 2 very, very separate issues.

I’m unaware exactly what Helseth said (so maybe I’m wrong here), but I can’t imagine any level of verbally bashing the patch while playing the game can be considered “trolling” in any way shape or form.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Tage.7045

Wtf all it takes for anet to ban a top player is a patch bashing??
wow..just wow.Patch was an unbelivable pile of kitten anyway.I dont even care for the guy but i feel bad now

Its not even about ban him its like ban every member in our team cuz we spend a lot time together for practise…

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont think they banned cause he bashed the patch but for the “bringing an firearm to the tournament”

even mc donalds would ban him would he say he come tomorow with a firearm^^

thats just not fun

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

in usa every threat (even if joking) on the internet is taken very seriously. a few days ago i read on the news that some fan of some artist that has a song called “time bomb” (or something), wrote on facebook “ready to take my time bomb to the show” and he was banned from that show so…

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Tough luck really.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

He tied their hands with banning him, they would be so liable if something happened it would destroy the company. You have basically 0 chance of this ban being lifted.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Rol.6938

Rol.6938

Its not even about ban him its like ban every member in our team cuz we spend a lot time together for practise…

i agree with Tage here… i think they should let him participate in qualifiers.if den make it to pax, they can replace him(its still big loss for den) there are not many teams in gw2 already, this is sad…. in my opinion anet should give him a pass for one time only.And this will be good example for all of those who is going to troll like this.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

in usa every threat (even if joking) on the internet is taken very seriously. a few days ago i read on the news that some fan of some artist that has a song called “time bomb” (or something), wrote on facebook “ready to take my time bomb to the show” and he was banned from that show so…

kitten it man, I wanted to see TP vs Den at pax, that woulda been amazing. Guess I gotta wait til next time. :/

Forever unranked.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

They’ve banned whole team by banning him pretty much. I don’t even know how someone can get banned for telling a joke(doesn’t matter how bad it is), even if it includes “firearm” in it. Paranoid much?

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

To be honest, When you say something along the lines of that I support the ban from it.
He shot himself in the foot by saying that (No pun intended)

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Shar.3402

kitten it man, I wanted to see TP vs Den at pax, that woulda been amazing. Guess I gotta wait til next time. :/

They’re both from europe, so I hardly think you would have seen that match anyway :p

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

dont think they banned cause he bashed the patch but for the “bringing an firearm to the tournament”

even mc donalds would ban him would he say he come tomorow with a firearm^^

thats just not fun

Lol..i heard that in the context it was said..It was obviously a joke.
He was always too much opiniated and thats probably just an excuse.They dont want someone spreading the truth about the real state of the games balance and features so much?? Anyway..I guess anet is still a company afterall :P
You might have the developers here spreading kind words about how they listen to the community and love their game and cute things like that but in the end its all about money and they need the positive look as much as possible.

My point is..i cant believe that an anet guy listened to this and thought"omg we need to protect ourselves from this guy" .If they wanted they could easily pretend that it never happened..

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Hello,

I go by the name of Denshee and I play for Denial Esports/The Civilized Gentlemen.

For the past couple of months I have put a lot of time into this game, not only because I enjoy the gameplay but because I believed this game could go places in terms of Esports. I commited my time first into Idle and now into Denial/TCG and by a lot of time I mean about 4-5 h of team practice 6 days a week. Outside of that I played the game with friends or alone for fun. For a while i have been doing this while working 8am-5pm (a lot of people do this nothing special about it), but I have dedicated all of my free time in preparation of the tournaments coming up. Just this week I took two days off work to “learn” s/d thief in case it was of need for my team in the tournament.

This applies to every single member of our team, Helseth espeically. Even Battosai who stepped in as our fifth when Vanish was not eligible to participate due to his age, have spent numerous hours into making it work. In all honesty we were one of the top contenders to win this tournament.

Now with this said I hope you can understand that the ban one day ahead of when the qualifiers start comes as quite the shock. I cant defend Helseths actions nor do I intend to but I can voice my concern that I think you (Arenanet) have handled this case without any respect to the other parties involved. Would I be out of my mind if I propose you let Helseth act as our fifth through the qualifiers and then we replace him if we earn a place at PAX?

Thanks in advance!
// Denshee

I don’t care about this esport thing, and I know nothing about you or your team.
Your entire post reads like it’s trying to guilt the developers into bending the rules in your favor.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

political correctness sucks

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Welcome to post Sandy Hook America.

Where we take threats, even “supposedly” dumb jokes seriously. With the recent rise of mass violence threats that have been proven credible, I am glad Arenanet banned his kitten.

If you are that emotional about a game, for that matter a patch to threaten even jokingly make a threat then you deserve all the punishment you can get. Whining/Entitled behavior like that should be punished, while not by the law but by the gaming company.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

silvermember.8941

political correctness sucks

It’s political correctness until someone gets hurt then the whining from the public about why blah blah wasn’t stopped, then the usual blaming begins.

Anyways, this isn’t a case of political correctness gone wrong, this is a case of a whining man child overreacting to a kittening patch IN A GAME.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

People need to realize that when you live stream in something, that sometimes thousands of people watch, that you have to watch what you say. Joking or not your wasting your time trying to plead for him, it will not happen.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Tage.7045

Hello,

Thanks in advance!
// Denshee

I don’t care about this esport thing, and I know nothing about you or your team.
Your entire post reads like it’s trying to guilt the developers into bending the rules in your favor.

I dont even know u some pve random… and u actually have no clue whats the situation so ur opinion its pointless

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

Your entire post reads like it’s trying to guilt the developers into bending the rules in your favor.[/quote]

I dont even know u some pve random… and u actually have no clue whats the situation so ur opinion its pointless[/quote]

banned for saying hed bring a gun to the pax tourney. case closed.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I dont even know u some pve random… and u actually have no clue whats the situation so ur opinion its pointless

Irregardless of the weight of his opinion, this is a real faux pas and total legal nightmare. Even if jokingly said, the company is hand-tied and cannot allow him to participate at PAX because of massive liability they would find themselves under. They can’t really be expected to take such a risk over the idiocy of a member of the community. In this day and age, such a joke when streamed live and saved for all eternity, is just not a good idea.

Now, for the quals, thats another story though if you’re going to be running with a fifth come when it actually matters, wouldn’t it be better to play with the fifth from the get-go?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Shar.3402

Irregardless of the weight of his opinion, this is a real faux pas and total legal nightmare. Even if jokingly said, the company is legal hand-tied and cannot allow him to participate at PAX because of massive liability they would find themselves under.

Now, for the quals, thats another story though if you’re going to be running with a fifth come when it actually matters, wouldn’t it be better to play with the fifth from the get-go?

Couldn’t they just, don’t know, search him for weapons (lol) and stuff if they’re so scared about a random guy from sweden coming and shooting jonathan sharp in the head?
This whole ban thing is stupid -.-

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

‘we all living in america . america is wunderbar’

omg arenanet are u serious? helseth was joking xD. i watch his streams very often and sometimes people think he is arrogant but he is just making fun. he is a nice guy ….
so plx unban him…. here in europe the civil people dont have guns at their homes.
(Ah well i forgot NA protects EU with weapons of mass destruction and we give u spaceagetechnology)

(edited by Ultima.8673)

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Vena.8436

Couldn’t they just, don’t know, search him for weapons (lol) and stuff if they’re so scared about a random guy from sweden coming and shooting jonathan sharp in the head?

Nope. PAX itself would probably not let him attend, this isn’t just ANet.

Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the decision for the ban itself didn’t come from somewhere other than ANet’s office. It could well be from higher up or just from PAX saying “No.”.

[Eon] – Blackgate

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Tage.7045

omg arenanet are u serious? helseth was joking xD. i watch his streams very often and sometimes people think he is arrogant but he is just making fun. he is a nice guy ….
so plx unban him….

Yes he has just diff sence of humour that i will tresh out from his brain xD

Banning Helseth

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Irregardless of the weight of his opinion, this is a real faux pas and total legal nightmare. Even if jokingly said, the company is legal hand-tied and cannot allow him to participate at PAX because of massive liability they would find themselves under.

Why should they go through the trouble of doing it? And whose to say he doesn’t bring the weapons and does the deed before the inspect him? Whose to say he doesn’t sneak in?

Anyways, as long as Arenanet doesn’t invite him, they share no responsibility in his actions.

Finally, why should arenanet treat him different from anyone else? Because he is popular among a subset of gamers?

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Shar.3402

Why should they go through the trouble of doing it? And whose to say he doesn’t bring the weapons and does the deed before the inspect him? Whose to say he doesn’t sneak in?

Anyways, as long as Arenanet doesn’t invite him, they share no responsibility in his actions.

Finally, why should arenanet treat him different from anyone else? Because he is popular among a subset of gamers?

Yeah, helseth is a terrorist and will hide a firearm in his hair.
Meanwhile in a movie theater, some random dude enters during batman premiere and shoots people.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Top contenders huh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jmhlk2ccwQ

Anyways; beyond that. Arena net is liable for hosting the tournament. As much as I like Helseth; he should’ve not said anything. Even if it was made in a joking manner (because the patch for necros ruined the meta and high level tpvp play) if anything does happen Arena net would be held liable and they don’t want that. He might take this as experience that sometimes it’s better not to say anything.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

Not a big fan of the guy, however, what do you expect?
You pretty much make an official statement threating lives of people by bringing a firearm. Joke or not, that ban was absolutely deserved.
Imagine this situation: there’s going to be a party next week and you are invited. However, you do not like that some dude is going to be there as well. So, you say that you’re gonna come and beat up him up. What would be the appropriate way of handling this situation? That’s right: not letting you in, because you’d just ruin all the fun.
Now, Helseth brought it to the next level.
Talk kitten — get hit. Simple as that.

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

no sacred cows for Anet ,good information……

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Vena.8436

Yeah, helseth is a terrorist and will hide a firearm in his hair.
Meanwhile in a movie theater, some random dude enters during batman premiere and shoots people.

And this is exactly why the company is hand-tied.

He doesn’t have to be a terrorist. He’s just set the basis for paranoia because kitten like some random dude murdering a bunch of movie goers happens in this day and age. People are paranoid, people will grasp at the smallest little spec to be paranoid about. Jokingly giving people something like that, something to feed their paranoia, for an event with thousands of people… is just idiocy. Pure and simple.

[Eon] – Blackgate

Banning Helseth

in PvP

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

By signing up for the tournament, every single player has agreed to the Code of Conduct. The player in question has been in clear violation of it, and has therefore been declared non-eligible for the tournament. Team Denial Esports is still allowed to participate with a replacement filling that roster spot.

Let me be very clear here: Talking about bringing a firearm to an event where hundreds of people will be in attendance is unacceptable. And no, statements like that are not “a joke” or even remotely funny.

If players want to be perceived as “professionals”, they have to be aware that they will be held to standards. When you are the leader of a team, you should lead by example.

The player in question will stay non-eligible for the tournament. We wish all the teams participating the best of luck.