Before you hammer Druids into oblivion...

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

fix the below classes and builds first:

• DD lotus DD evade condi build (needs nerf)
  • Chronophantasm Chrono Condi build (needs nerf)
  • Traps Evade condi DD (needs nerf)
  • Reaper (needs buff, needs other forms of damage negation instead of soaking damage in shroud because kitten letting enemies hit you is a NO when they do all sorts of healing upon hitting you and I’m referring to you berserkers)

all those builds above that needs nerf are low skill high gains builds. similar to druids.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Nerf builds that beat mine, buff mine.
Everything’s balances fault, and not my play.

in PvP

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think all around they need to look at each class and vanilla builds.

It would be nice to go back to the old trait system where you had 5 trait lines. Might increase diversity? Having 3 is kinda boring and means the same ole builds IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

fix the below classes and builds first:

• Reaper (needs buff, needs other forms of damage negation instead of soaking damage in shroud because kitten letting enemies hit you is a NO when they do all sorts of healing upon hitting you and I’m referring to you berserkers)

all those builds above that needs nerf are low skill high gains builds. similar to druids.

Druid is fine, learn to improve yourself first.

The condi system needs a different set of rules in wvw and spvp.

Necro needs better positioning and movement skills… Look at my suggestion for greatsword in the necro section.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

It would be nice to go back to the old trait system where you had 5 trait lines. Might increase diversity? Having 3 is kinda boring and means the same ole builds IMO.

Yes, I love the old system.
I really had to get used to the new "Dumbed down "version

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

“Scissors is fine, nerf paper.” – Rock.

in PvP

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s because of threads like this I have had this signature for years now.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I don’t like this thread.

Lets not do any of this.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

“Scissors is fine, nerf paper.” – Rock.

Sorry, Rock got deleted in Gw2.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Would not make a difference for most professions. In the old system, people would mostly still fill two lines with 6 (30 if you’re really old) to get those grandmasters.

I prefer the new (current) trait system, myself.

NSPride <3

(edited by Razor.9872)

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’d appreciate it if ANet stopped their current balancing policy, meaning bringing up class x1, x2 and x3 to top tier to “shake up the meta” every big balance patch they release.
It’s truly an awful way to do just that – shake up the meta.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Gath.5708

Gath.5708

Rangers have been the most neglected class in the game since launch. In the past the only attention they received from Anet was NERF’s. Now that people just cant face roll rangers (druids), it’s all QQ. There really is no OP class at the moment, just a few OP skills which most classes have, all of which can be countered if you know the mechanics. As it has been said before, it’s just a learn to play issue.

(edited by Gath.5708)

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Rangers have been the most neglected class in the game since launch. In the past the only attention they received from Anet was NERF’s. Now that people just cant face roll rangers (druids), it’s all QQ. There really is no OP class at the moment, just a few OP skills which most classes have, all of which can be countered if you know the mechanics. As it has been said before, it’s just a learn to play issue.

I’m sorry but rangers have always been top tier in 1v1’s. The problem is in PvP they were having issues during conquest game modes. Instead of helping the class excel in conquest they completely over tuned the 1v1 capability along with giving them the healer role in group fights.

Ranger is a lower skill class that performs too well for what the player has to put in. DH, Scrapper, and Warrior are also in this boat tbh, but this thread is about Druids.

I would personally tie pet damage stats to the actual ranger, and shave 20% off base pet damage. This will make it so if you want your pet to hit hard you have to build glass, but still stop the insane pet burst. I would then remove all stealth from the class with exception to the smoke scale smoke field. Top it all off with a nice nerf to Staff #1 damage.

There fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

I’m sorry but rangers have always been top tier in 1v1’s. The problem is in PvP they were having issues during conquest game modes. Instead of helping the class excel in conquest they completely over tuned the 1v1 capability along with giving them the healer role in group fights.

Ranger is a lower skill class that performs too well for what the player has to put in. DH, Scrapper, and Warrior are also in this boat tbh, but this thread is about Druids.

I would personally tie pet damage stats to the actual ranger, and shave 20% off base pet damage. This will make it so if you want your pet to hit hard you have to build glass, but still stop the insane pet burst. I would then remove all stealth from the class with exception to the smoke scale smoke field. Top it all off with a nice nerf to Staff #1 damage.

There fixed.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Easiest solution is to tone down pet damage based on ranger stats scaling.

So a mender druid will get pet mender damage, while a rabid druid will get pet condi damage.

This would open much more combo of pet and amulet. And druid could be support without being dps beast together.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

There fixed.

+1

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

druids will get hammer?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

OP is biggest troll in the world

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Razor.9872

druids will get hammer?

Most likely not. But a future Ranger elite spec – Bunny Thumper – could.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Razor.9872

I would personally tie pet damage stats to the actual ranger, and shave 20% off base pet damage. This will make it so if you want your pet to hit hard you have to build glass…

Funny enough, a lot of Rangers have been asking this for a long time in their own forums.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

druids will get hammer?

yo! gw1 bunny thumper builds love it.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

As indirectly mentioned in posts above – the true problem with HoT elite specs is that rather then simply offering different playstyle they actually fix issues of core specs that should’ve been for major part adress within said core profession itself

Just look at the following elites:

ranger – druid turns the arid wasteland that is condi removal on ranger into one of the the top anti-condi professions. Regular ranger still boned (“love” how only two grandmaster condi remove traints are both in the same line!!)

necromancer – cc ragdoll known as necro starts to stand on his own two feet only once reaper line gets slotted. Sure necro may have shortest cd stunbreak ingame if traited, but core necro in no way can take even a small cc chain without popping elite. Reaper has no such issues.

guardian – the worst profession for ranged combat now gets really strong long range weapon on top massively powerful and easy to use traps. Spvp’ers can write essays all about it. Useless virtues become really powerful.

engineer – the most complex profession gets massive buffs in forms of brain-dead easy to use gyros. Current spvp meta build can be played by a monkey after 1h training to great success in stark opposition to core engi which requires constant kit juggling and extreme focus on proper rotations.

Most of this happens via means of elite spec and not adjustments to core ones, leaving the core profession bare naked for even greater punishment now that their elite specs spew out more cc, boons and condies.

So if someone says “nerf druids” i’ll say “ok, but respectively buff core ranger so he has some real anti-condi and party healing game.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

druids will get hammer?

that is obvious and expected wewapon, so yeah expect a bunny thumper build in futureº

Still, it is not a matter of nerf druid, the issue lies in the DUMB BALANLANCE, some classes dont sacrifice much damage while on sturdier gear and still zerker they still have alot of sustain compared with the damage output, that is the problem, there one build on druid that is just annoying, but OP? spam a few CoR on druid and druid is reck easilly…

Easy direct damage > regen+dodges

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

As indirectly mentioned in posts above – the true problem with HoT elite specs is that rather then simply offering different playstyle they actually fix issues of core specs that should’ve been for major part adress within said core profession itself

Just look at the following elites:

ranger – druid turns the arid wasteland that is condi removal on ranger into one of the the top anti-condi professions. Regular ranger still boned (“love” how only two grandmaster condi remove traints are both in the same line!!)

necromancer – cc ragdoll known as necro starts to stand on his own two feet only once reaper line gets slotted. Sure necro may have shortest cd stunbreak ingame if traited, but core necro in no way can take even a small cc chain without popping elite. Reaper has no such issues.

guardian – the worst profession for ranged combat now gets really strong long range weapon on top massively powerful and easy to use traps. Spvp’ers can write essays all about it. Useless virtues become really powerful.

engineer – the most complex profession gets massive buffs in forms of brain-dead easy to use gyros. Current spvp meta build can be played by a monkey after 1h training to great success in stark opposition to core engi which requires constant kit juggling and extreme focus on proper rotations.

Most of this happens via means of elite spec and not adjustments to core ones, leaving the core profession bare naked for even greater punishment now that their elite specs spew out more cc, boons and condies.

So if someone says “nerf druids” i’ll say “ok, but respectively buff core ranger so he has some real anti-condi and party healing game.”

Eles have been asking for a viable dps build for years…and Tempest was the answer, so I say your assumption is wrong