Behold, Muke's build of builds, revealed!

in PvP

Posted by: Rambodacious.7495

Rambodacious.7495

Introduction:
I call this Guardian build Fire and Ice. It’s my invention, my baby, my everything… and I’m giving it to you filthy ingrates. Enjoy!

Note:
This build is a roamer that kills enemy defenders and takes points. It’s capable of constant, high, offensive output. Avoid using the Spirit Weapons off of points because they like to follow people everywhere!

Major Pros of the Build:
- Spirit Weapons last extremely long, do great damage and cause burning on every auto-attack
- +10% Damage against burning foes
- Enemy Knockdowns on Hammer of Wisdom and Bane Signet (5 seconds of free damage)
- Your Hammer crits Chill with additional damage every 15 seconds from Glacial Heart. Enemy also Chilled on hits from Hammer via Sigil of Ice. Enemy Chilled when you’re struck every 30 seconds. Enemy Chilled when you use reduced cooldown heal on Signet of Resolve. Enemy Chill duration increased 70%.
- Spirit Weapon burns and Hammer/Rune Chills cover each other from condition removal (kitten ed if they do, kitten ed if they don’t)
- Berserker Amulet for maximum offensive power
- Every utility skill has reduced cooldowns

As you can see, between burns, chills, knockdowns and the berserker amulet this build will strike fear into the glacial heart of opponents.

I personally am running Signet of Resolve over Shelter because the build is so susceptible to conditions. Blocking a couple conditions won’t help much, especially when there’s a stack of them on you already, but a large chunk of health does help keep you up long enough to finish the job. It’s only 2 seconds slower than Shelter in this build as well. Your mileage may vary.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWl0ApIoVBxQI8DRR8Ql1dY5JkBVGAVwl/wTC-TJhBwAAeEA52fIyVAYcZAA

- Muke Muscleshell
- Potluck Massacre [PLUM]
- Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Rambodacious.7495)

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

mmh when i saw spirit weapons i was a bit diffident but after trying your build i had a blast, it’s so much fun !
You can bounce people around with hammer of wisdom and your hammer,block them with line of warding and ring of warding, chill… oh the chill, i love it XD Want to kite my hammer ? Nope, chilled. Want to get out of the teamfight ? Nope, chilled.
I think i will try a variation with soldier amulet, berserker gives you some nice precision but i feel too squishy with so little thoughness, maybe i’m too used to world vs world where you can have both :P

I have one question though, wouldn’t it be better to take defender’s flame instead of meditation mastery ? That way you can burn enemies when they remove your aegis and more burning is always nice.
You would get a slightly longer cd on renewed focus though, not sure if that could kitten your survivability :S

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

mmh when i saw spirit weapons i was a bit diffident but after trying your build i had a blast, it’s so much fun !
You can bounce people around with hammer of wisdom and your hammer,block them with line of warding and ring of warding, chill… oh the chill, i love it XD Want to kite my hammer ? Nope, chilled. Want to get out of the teamfight ? Nope, chilled.
I think i will try a variation with soldier amulet, berserker gives you some nice precision but i feel too squishy with so little thoughness, maybe i’m too used to world vs world where you can have both :P

I have one question though, wouldn’t it be better to take defender’s flame instead of meditation mastery ? That way you can burn enemies when they remove your aegis and more burning is always nice.
You would get a slightly longer cd on renewed focus though, not sure if that could kitten your survivability :S

I don’t think the reduced cooldown on Renewed Focus changes much. It’s more the fact there’s no stun breaker. A CC chain from a Necro could see you dead in seconds.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

been long since i last used a spirit weapon, can you order them to knock down the necro while feared?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I don’t think the reduced cooldown on Renewed Focus changes much. It’s more the fact there’s no stun breaker. A CC chain from a Necro could see you dead in seconds.

It’s more than that, the build is just inherently flawed. No stun breakers with only one condition remover, which is passive, so you can’t even control it. Also add in the fact you have very little vit and tough with no sustain what so every.

So in a team fight your pretty much going to explode. Even in smaller situations you’re going to have a tough time.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Rambodacious.7495

It’s more than that, the build is just inherently flawed. No stun breakers with only one condition remover, which is passive, so you can’t even control it. Also add in the fact you have very little vit and tough with no sustain what so every.

So in a team fight your pretty much going to explode. Even in smaller situations you’re going to have a tough time.

Parts of your response are incorrect. Between the knock-backs, knock-downs, chills and immobilize there is CONSTANT up-time on your target. This build was designed for Solo Queue Bunker/Defender Assassination and it does it extremely well.

Other parts of your post are absolutely true. There is no stun breaker and conditions ARE a huge weakness of the build. The goal is to burn them down through cc/control to kill them before they kill you. If people deem it necessary, running a Barbarian trinket could replace the Zerker.

Remember, this build is an assassin, meaning you find a target holding a point and you kill them and take the point for your team. It’s not really designed for TPvP, though it could be worked in, it would work wonders as a target caller. I’d definitely run a Barb trinket in that situation though.

Someone asked me about Meditation CD reduction. Renewed Focus is a Med. Feel free to run Purity or Retributive Armor instead if you don’t like the lowered CD.

- Muke Muscleshell
- Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Rambodacious.7495)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Parts of your response are incorrect. Between the knock-backs, knock-downs, chills and immobilize there is CONSTANT up-time on your target. This build was designed for Solo Queue Bunker/Defender Assassination and it does it extremely well.

Other parts of your post are absolutely true. There is no stun breaker and conditions ARE a huge weakness of the build. The goal is to burn them down through cc/control to kill them before they kill you. If people deem it necessary, running a Barbarian trinket could replace the Zerker.

Remember, this build is an assassin, meaning you find a target holding a point and you kill them and take the point for your team. It’s not really designed for TPvP, though it could be worked in, it would work wonders as a target caller. I’d definitely run a Barb trinket in that situation though.

Someone asked me about Meditation CD reduction. Renewed Focus is a Med. Feel free to run Purity or Retributive Armor instead if you don’t like the lowered CD.

Ok so it’s pretty much just a funnies build that would work fine in hotjoin or at lower levels of play, but against any competent player this build isn’t going to work.

Also it would be better to swap out Grenth for Ice, Grenth is only an extra 44 burning damage, which isn’t much at all. At least with Ice you get a damage multiplier.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Rambodacious.7495

Ok so it’s pretty much just a funnies build that would work fine in hotjoin or at lower levels of play, but against any competent player this build isn’t going to work.

Also it would be better to swap out Grenth for Ice, Grenth is only an extra 44 burning damage, which isn’t much at all. At least with Ice you get a damage multiplier.

It seems like you haven’t taken the build out for a spin. As you said, it is extremely effective in solo queue. However, it could easily serve as the perfect complement to a thief/mesmer/warrior specced to kill in TPvP. One of those classes running alongside this build wearing a Barbarian Amulet and anyone they would want dead, dies. The target isn’t going to have 4 stun breakers and constant condition removal – even with a bunker right next to them, they can’t be saved – your burster gets to do what they wanna do, maximum damage due to maximum up-time on target.

Your counter-argument is likely: “but what if they kill you first?” My response is how? They’re knocked down/back repeatedly, Chilled and Immobilized. I’ve also got a healthy chunk of HP’s and Invincibility.

As for Ice vs. Grenth, you have a solid point, but my reason was to allow for another easy application of Chill hooked on a skill that will be used frequently due to the squishy nature of running the zerk amulet (probably even the Barb amulet). Trading another application of Chill for some health and more damage when the opponent is Chilled is a legitimate option, but I prefer more control personally.

Take the build out adjusted as you see fit. Grab the Ice Runes and a Barb Amulet. See if it performs.

- Muke Muscleshell
- Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Rambodacious.7495

Anyone get an opportunity to roll this puppy out this weekend with a Barb Amulet?

- Muke Muscleshell
- Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

incredibly fun to run, but i doubt the effectiveness in tpvp. great against eles tho!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]