Berserker Sucks In PvP

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

Longbow, Cleansing Ire and the combos you can pull off with it pretty much counters 80% of the trait line on Berserker. The traits you give up for the Berserker trait line are way too good. Rampage is God compared to Headbutt. The only good thing is Outrage because of the 10 sec cool down stun break. I feel like this was lazy design. This is Berserker’s first beta weekend though.

(edited by Nick.7621)

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Isn’t there only one more beta weekend to go, though?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

Edit Distracted Strikes applies confusion to yourself when you Headbutt lmfao.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

ye and if I’m not mistaken the traited balance stance doesn’t proc when you stun yourself with the new elite.

Grimkram [sS]

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

I am not surprised. Defence and Discipline just CAN not be given up for any kind of warrior. And then strength for power based or arms for condi based.

Warrior just can’t be viable without those.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

atleast you get to play your elite spec…

/salty engineer

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

atleast you get to play your elite spec…

/salty engineer

Don’t worry, we have one beta week-end coming up. I’m sure they will be able to address all our concerns within one beta. I mean look at the dragonhunter and tempest. Right after the first beta, they had finished with any updates…oh wait. Oh ya, I just remembered, we are screwed.

Let us join hands with our ranger brethren and sing tales of properly tuned and bug-free elite specs.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Edit Distracted Strikes applies confusion to yourself when you Headbutt lmfao.

well i guess that is why we have beta weekend to report finds like this
if it makes you happy, all physical thief spells use initiative atm :|

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

ye and if I’m not mistaken the traited balance stance doesn’t proc when you stun yourself with the new elite.

I personally thing is better like this :p

M I L K B O I S

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Sadly this was predictable. The sorry state of warrior makes it simply not viable to play with out Defense and Discipline. You need a hell of a lot of added damage to overcome the 30% extra you get from strength.

I simply dont see warrior being anyting close to viable until they buff healing signet to compensate for the kitten load of added damage flying around after the patch.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

its still good fun in casual hotjoin if you somehow find yourself in a team with better skilled team mates and lesser skilled opponents.

not so fun when some kitten mesmer decides to hunt you down no matter how you try to escape.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Sadly this was predictable. The sorry state of warrior makes it simply not viable to play with out Defense and Discipline. You need a hell of a lot of added damage to overcome the 30% extra you get from strength.

I simply dont see warrior being anyting close to viable until they buff healing signet to compensate for the kitten load of added damage flying around after the patch.

Maybe they need to buff other heals or do some little rework to some traitlines, Healing signet is strong enough

M I L K B O I S

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: OminousClouds.4517

OminousClouds.4517

I guess you were only use ele necro blablabla
Berserker not UNBALANCED

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

As a thief main, discipline will seem largely mandatory (to me) until fast hands is baseline. That trait feels like it defines warrior when I play it, like kit/attunement swapping.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

Make “Fast Hands” baseline and a lot of the problems are solved, so you dont have to take discipline all the time. That would make place for strength/arms if you want to run power/condi dmg.

Defense, Strength/arms, Berserk
I can see that being viable.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I ran berserker in place of discipline and i used Gs-Mace/shield. It worked well, i did the stance heal with the 2 stances. I used the knocked down rage with the Elite rage heatbutt skill. This combo was great for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 situations especially in berserker mode to get that added stability and ferocity bonus. I would use the Mace stun f-1 in beserker mode and then switch to greatsword.

But i would have to say i dont see berserker working for any warrior character other then GS-axe/mace/shield dps. Warriors would have to run no condi cleanses and with the new revenant and mesmer condi dmg. Seriously i ran my bunker ele and the mesmer and revenant put like 8 condi on me and there was like 17 stacks of confusion.

I do have to say warrior is a class thats kind of only had shoutbow and hambow in this game so giving that class a average spec isnt surprising.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Isn’t there only one more beta weekend to go, though?

Haha tell that engis/rangers.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: NeoSoul.4198

NeoSoul.4198

I don’t know, I do amazing with Berserker crushing people left and right with it. It’s true that I have to give up Rampage which is very strong but on a long CD. Instead, I attack faster with perma stability and always doing burst, then headbutt for berserker into an other burst and I keep on doing them. I’m just running the regular GS/Hammer build, it’s not very different from what it is right now in terms of playstyle but feels at least 30% stronger and reliable all the time unlike the current build with Rampage. Headbutt is only 20 sec CD.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

but feels at least 30% stronger

Well, its not you give up 20% dmg boost after you used your burst skill since there is no way to take the strength trait line.
You also lose rampage wich is the bread and butter of power dmg warrior for headbut which is decent dmg but hard to hit.

Berserker Sucks In PvP

in PvP

Posted by: NeoSoul.4198

NeoSoul.4198

but feels at least 30% stronger

Well, its not you give up 20% dmg boost after you used your burst skill since there is no way to take the strength trait line.
You also lose rampage wich is the bread and butter of power dmg warrior for headbut which is decent dmg but hard to hit.

I have Strength and Discipline if I remember well. Headbutt isn’t hard to hit, I just charge them with the sword and use it in melee range. It has 20 sec CD, fills my whole adrenaline bar for berserker. I switch immediately into 100 blades burst followed by the primal burst on top of the headbutt that can crit upwards of 4k. I’ve downed several people with that combo alone. I’m not saying that it’ll work all the time against good players. All I mean is I feel like this is just much more reliable and stronger than the current build but trades Rampage for it. Rampage is amazing for a key moment but once it goes on CD, I feel like Berserker outperforms it by a significant margin.

Yea, I gave up Defense.

(edited by NeoSoul.4198)