Best 2vs2 Team

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

I would like to use this thread for two seperate things. Part 1) will be ‘theory-crafting’ about best 2vs2 settings. Even if it is not really that important in a setting of 5vs5 I still find it interesting. Part 2) will be me asking about advice.

So let’s start a hopefully fun and interesting thread:

1) What do you think is the best 2vs2 Team in the current meta (for holding/capturing a point)?

I think Chrono + Tempest is the strongest. In terms of survivability they are basically unkillable and win through attrition. I’m curious if others agree or if it is just my personal experience.

2) How best to fight Chrono + Tempest?

Well the sitting for me is bad from the start, because my two mains are DH und Chill-Reaper, but well.. always trying to improve ^^
In recent days I was facing this combo quite a lot and I felt them deliberately staying together too. It is really hard to face this combination and so I thought about asking for advice.

/discuss and pls stay calm and friendly

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Viper Revenant + Viper Revenant.

They have something when they burst together that two shots any bunker around.

(remove all boons + shinro heals + sword 3 at the same time??? with one cc while the other burst, and reverse)

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Def berserker + thief they have style points no other pair can have

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

(remove all boons + shinro heals + sword 3 at the same time??? with one cc while the other burst, and reverse)

This is the only right answer, you can lock this thread now.

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Starfall.6425

What about diamond skin, nullfield and mesmer CC?
If they kill the ele the mesmer can pick him up instantly and if they pressure the mesmer the ele can pressure them.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

What about diamond skin, nullfield and mesmer CC?
If they kill the ele the mesmer can pick him up instantly and if they pressure the mesmer the ele can pressure them.

Do it yourself, take two condi REV that know how to play together… your mesmer will not be able to rez, nor you will be able to null field or stay in it (because sword 3 + shinro heal is pure DAMAGE destroying you right there).

I play bunker mesmer for longer than HoT (yeah chrono is great but…) and we don’t do enough damage. The burst from two REV is so brutal you can’t even think what you will do versus it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Double revenant.

Anything else is a lie.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Obviously double Rev.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

double viper rev? they don’t even scratch tempest+chrono….

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

This is the only right answer, you can lock this thread now.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Starfall.6425

Yeah have my doubts too, but I’m not good informed with ele.. so I could easily be wrong too.

But because everyone else seems to be on the same page, we could go to point 2):

How best to dismantle Chrono + Tempest with double Rev or any other composition?

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Best 2vs2 Team

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Yeah have my doubts too, but I’m not good informed with ele.. so I could easily be wrong too.

But because everyone else seems to be on the same page, we could go to point 2):

How best to dismantle Chrono + Tempest with double Rev or any other composition?

If you try and fight 2 bunkers/support with 2 dps, you’re gonna loose. I think it’s even very risky with 1 dps and 1 bunker – they’ll most likely outsustain you. It’s possible with 1 dps and 1 bunker against chrono and staff-tempest probably, but as soon as one of the bunkers packs a bit more DPS, like druid or D/D-Ele (yepp, I think D/D is amazing for smaller skirmishes in the current meta), it’s gonna be pretty rough.

Now with 2 bunkers/supports, it’s pretty much a war of attrition and it’s all about efficiency to wear them down: Minimize their DMG and heal, by for example interrupting air-overload, water overload etc. dodging gravity wells, force the ele or mesmer to use their AoE heals on 1 target only instead of 2 (by focusing 1 or drawing them apart). Using your high-dmg/CC skills in vulnerable windows (like when the ele doesn’t have teleport and the mesmer doesn’t have the blur-well/distortion.
Also, try to avoid as much AoE as possible with good positioning; you need only 1 player on point!

The other side is maximizing your damage and heals: use overloads well so they don’t get interrupted (easiest example, don’t start air/fire overload when the other ele has schocking aura), hit as much as possible with AoE and get the most out of alacrity (hop in the well when it ends to get the alacrity if it’s possible without taking tons of DMG).

It’s a really really complicated MU, just as many 2v2’s are in the current meta; I quite like that actually. But it takes tons of practice.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)