Best Classes

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Fudge.8470

Fudge.8470

Hey guys, relatively new to pvp in gw2, just swapped over from WoW, queued high rated 3’s for the passed few years but the game is going down hill so wanted something new, what are some of the better classes for pushing in gw2? So far I’m pretty fond of thief and revenant but just wanted some opinions, thanks

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Go back to WoW imo.

You will thank me in 6 months.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Hey guys, relatively new to pvp in gw2, just swapped over from WoW, queued high rated 3’s for the passed few years but the game is going down hill so wanted something new, what are some of the better classes for pushing in gw2? So far I’m pretty fond of thief and revenant but just wanted some opinions, thanks

ignoring the above poster, you may wish to stay with revenant at the current time given to how strong it is against the most common builds and abilities you will encounter. Thieves are viable to a degree but are heavily dependent on their teammates experience and builds to be able to maximize their effects. Solo queueing places thief players in bad positions as they may not be in a position to rotate or +1 properly, while revenants bring enough in their load-outs to be able to address most unfavorable situations better.

If you state what role you are trying to fill in PvP, or the mindset you hold in approaching team fights, secondary objectives, and rotating onto enemy targets we may be able to suggest other classes for you.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Best Classes

in PvP

Fudge.8470

@Asudementio I the idea of roaming, like the playstyle I’ve seen from thief seems fun but I want to find a more viable class to fill that, I don’t really like the bunker builds or anything like that, always been more fond of damage > tankiness with whatever classes I play

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

@Asudementio I the idea of roaming, like the playstyle I’ve seen from thief seems fun but I want to find a more viable class to fill that, I don’t really like the bunker builds or anything like that, always been more fond of damage > tankiness with whatever classes I play

scrapper (engineer elite spec) may be a nice compromise and change of pace for you. I would take a look at it if i was you.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Best Classes

in PvP

Fudge.8470

Alright thanks for the help man, appreciate it

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I use elementalist in roaming but this is a more tanky/hybrid aproach.
Reaper might be a very good choice for your playstyle.

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

And to help you get started:

Check this site for builds:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/index.php?title=MetaBattle_Wiki

And this one for tutorials and guides:

http://qqmore.net/

Have fun and give ’em hell

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think if there’s anything the gw2 community ever agreed on it’s: Thief is dead. (And now also warrior). But the class per se has been better for roaming than rev.
We’ve been promised a balance patch at the end of this month.
What I expect: Rev will be nerfed, Staff and D/P and maybe S/D thief will be slightly buffed – but thief has received one (<— !) buff since launch: evade from deathblossom increased by 2 milliseconds (that was the band aid for shredding and burning D/D thieves in June – hey you received a buff, you’re fine!!)
Thief once had the highest single target damage and was the only one with real access to stealth (the only class build around it) – now every other class has stealth and reveal (which only hurts thieves as the class is build around it) and every class deals more damage with some random skill than a dagger mainhand thief with backstab.

If you go for thief this game will be really frustrating for you.

Best Classes

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

1) Mesmer- Druid
2) Elementalist – Revenant
3) Dragonhunter- engineer – necromant
4) Warrior-thief