Best PVP Class - 1 January 2014

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Atm, I’m blown away by how strong Venom-Share Thief is:

- Some of the best burst in the game (flanking Strike/Pistol Whip + Devourer Venom)
- Probably THE BEST Teamsupport in the game (5k AoE-Heal with Skelk Venom, tons of CC with AoE Devourer Venom and Basi Venom, AoE Might-Stacks, AoE-Lifesteal for your Teammates etc.)
- Very high mobility, high AoE-DPS in Teamfights and insane against downed Players —> usual Thief-stuff…

Here’s the build I use if any1 is interested:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsaVnkElaarJSnwfaCZrQPx9wChqnS7xNZTxEA-TsAg0CnIKSVkrITRyisFNsYZxsAA

No Idea why it isn’t FotM yet. :P

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

- Some of the best burst in the game (flanking Strike/Pistol Whip + Devourer Venom)
- Probably THE BEST Teamsupport in the game (5k AoE-Heal with Skelk Venom, tons of CC with AoE Devourer Venom and Basi Venom, AoE Might-Stacks, AoE-Lifesteal for your Teammates etc.)
- Very high mobility, high AoE-DPS in Teamfights and insane against downed Players —> usual Thief-stuff…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsaVnkElaarJSnwfaCZrQPx9wChqnS7xNZTxEA-TsAg0CnIKSVkrITRyisFNsYZxsAA

El. Oh. El.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Actually every kind of spam build is annoying and must be nerfed in order to encourage players to use other builds, other than metas. “Nearly” every ranger plays spirit build, every necro plays minion build, every mesmer plays clone spam build… Every warrior plays hambow/or hammaceshield cc spam, every thief plays evade spamming/stealth spamming one button/5-2 builds etc. These meta builds are really annoying and makes gameplay monotone and boring spamfest. They have to add build variety to the game by nerfing widely used metas. If not, there’s no need for other traits or utilities. Just give people the meta build on character creation without ability to customize.

in PvP

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Stop crying about Elementalists, they’ve been OP and good meta for a lot of time.. They would need a buff ofc, but come on, you’re getting yourself ridicle.

The game should be BALANCED, son. Who cares what professions were like in the past, they should be as close to equal NOW as they can be.

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

There is no “best” class in PvP because its all situation based. If anything you could say Guardians have been the most useful and required class since beta as their bunker role in any competitive team.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

And here we go.Arganthium crying about thief being UP and all classes OP again.1 word “blindfieldpistol5spamonnodel2pyourclassalready”.
And those that keep placing guard in lower or average tiers i have a word for you too.This is not Obsidian Sanctum dueling area.Having 1 bunker guard in your team against none means 50% more chance to wun the match just for being there.No other class has or ever had such a strong impact on spvp.If your team is not 100% braindead and supports the guardian on cap there is no way you can win the match without one.Even in spiritwatch a guardian with focus is the best clsss you cab have in your team.

Tldr:most guys giving their opinion in here have no clue about what a team nr1 class to have is and just random give ranks to classes who kill them in 1v1.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Severe lack of power Necro in “S Tier” makes me think some people haven’t played tpvp since release.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Severe lack of power Necro in “S Tier” makes me think some people haven’t played tpvp since release.

nerf lich form orz

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

S TIER (too strong and/or too much reward for little or no risk)
- Warriors
- Spirit Rangers
- Necromancers

A TIER (really strong but probably balanced)
- Engineer
- Guardians
- Thieves
- Mesmers

B TIER (not a single viable build)
- Elementalists

Overall I think warriors, spirit rangers and necros are simply way too easy to play for the rewards they get (extremely high sustain, great damage).

Engineers, Mesmers and Thieves are really good but they can be defeated with skillful play and they at least take some amount of skill to be good with.

Guardians haven’t changed since release. They still are the #1 needed class to bunker mid. Which doesn’t make them OP, but there should be other classes capable of filling that role (bring the player not the class). Elementalists at release looked like they could fit the role, with staff, but that was swiftly nerfed.

Overall Eles need a LOT of help. They still don’t have any build diversity, they still have the exact d/d bunker build setup they had at release, only it has been nerfed to make it unviable. Fresh Air isn’t viable either because while it brings insane burst damage (too much actually, and it shouldn’t all be instant) they simply explode when looked upon, especially by thieves and mesmers.

i agree with this almost entirely. maybe add engie to s tier because as far as im concerned their bunker + condition spam nonsense is ridiculous.

really if anything the current meta is showing that AI and condition builds are both in need of fixing (in that order).

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Power necro was only strong AT release when quickness was full strength. They are just too counterable(by either focusing them or ignoring them completely) to be S tier.

Anyway for the thread, if there was one class I wouldn’t mind seeing 3-4 of on my team it is definitely engi, so play that if you came to this thread looking for what to play. They can seemingly ignore the meta and just always be strong.

(edited by ens.9854)

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

i agree with this almost entirely. maybe add engie to s tier because as far as im concerned their bunker + condition spam nonsense is ridiculous.

really if anything the current meta is showing that AI and condition builds are both in need of fixing (in that order).

I think the one thing that might put engi into S tier is Automated Response. It’s diamond skin on crack, pretty much always buying them time for cooldowns to come back against condition heavy attackers. Also the fact that a lot of soft CC is conditions so they are immune to a lot of CC too.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I think the one thing that might put engi into S tier is Automated Response. It’s an actually useful version of diamond skin

Fixed that for you.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1 CC = that thief is dead

venoms on CD (which are long), that thief is worthless

no real stomps, no team rezzes, no stomp interrupts

that is why you don’t see venom share thieves anywhere at high rating

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Stop crying about Elementalists, they’ve been OP and good meta for a lot of time.. They would need a buff ofc, but come on, you’re getting yourself ridicle.

following your logic, they need to nerf warriors and any kind of condition characters to the ground so they feel how it is on the other side.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

No wonder Hambow Wars still on first place.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

What truly worries me is that Im sure this is Anet’s mentality:

“those lists are only what the community perceives, not what truly happens, specially ele. All people saying eles are in a terrible spot must be really bad or dont play as or agaisnt eles very often.”

I guess most ele players, including pros who have rerolled to either warrior or thieves, as well as those eles which participated in MLG…oh wait…none participated, and no team with an ele has ever won in a any championship ever since, as well as all those players that while not pro or ranking in the 100s still have been playing ele as their main since release , they are just all bad, not-knowers who only “perceive” that eles are greatly underwhelming, overshadowed, ineffective, stomped and humiliated.

Definitely.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

S TIER (too strong and/or too much reward for little or no risk)
- Warriors
- Necromancers
- Thieves
A TIER (really strong but probably balanced)
- Spirit Rangers
- Engineer
- Guardians
- Mesmers

B TIER (not a single viable build)
- Elementalists

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

1 CC = that thief is dead

venoms on CD (which are long), that thief is worthless

no real stomps, no team rezzes, no stomp interrupts

that is why you don’t see venom share thieves anywhere at high rating

He’s obviously trolling. His “burst” is practically nonexistent (and extremely gimmicky), his team support is far from being the best in the game, and by any thief standard his mobility is extremely poor.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I’d love to see Ele revamped in a manner that boosts their capabilities of living and killing which will take lots of skill, don’t make them better at just point and click plz

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Minimum HP needs to be buffed really. 10800 HP isn’t a valid starting point in any scenario.

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Im also suprised to see power necros so low in these lists. If you are basing the lists in 1v1 potential yes theyre pretty awful except when lich form that can guarantee a 1v1 win 90% of the time.

However, power necros are roamers, they can turn the tide of teamfights completely. If you see a power necro attacking a point or dueling someone 1v1, hes just bad.

So, in teamfight support, I would definitely put him on A tier. Definitely not S tier, but not B or less.

in PvP

Posted by: mimec.6719

mimec.6719

Above all… Sheengineer.
Gnarlie Sheen was here…

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Above all… Sheengineer.
Gnarlie Sheen was here…

/shoo

in PvP

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Here’s my list based on my experience playing mostly Elementalist, Necromancer and Warrior.

S Tier (extremely strong)

• S/S + LBow Condition Warrior: extremely high 1vs1 potential, almost impossible to win against him in small scale engagements
  • Hammer + LBow Warrior: still extremely high amount of sustain and way to survive even with zerker amulet. One of the toughest engagement, even when played by not-so-experienced players.
  • Nodefighter Bomb/Grenade Engineer: when they are on a node, you know that you’re going to lose that fight. Insane amount of conditions and survivability.
  • Minion Necromancer: an extremely easy and extremely effective build in small scale fights. The only proper counter is killing minions, but you’re probably going to die while killing them. Asura Necromancer make it even more annoying to fight.
  • Bunker Guardian: still a must have in any team because of the crazy survivability and team support. There is really no valid alternative to it.

A Tier (strong)

• Condition Necromancer: probably a tough encounter against a good one, but easy to outplay by CC chains or team focus.
  • Condition Phantasm Mesmer: solid build with good 1vs1 and small scale fights potential. I can often manage to win an encounter against them, but the downed state phantasm is just insane.
  • Berserker Warrior (Axe/Rifle/GS): way more survivable compared to other berserker professions, but at least they die sometimes. Extremely dangerous if not taken care of.
  • Trickery D/P-S/P thief: luckily, there aren’t that much around, but they are extremely dangerous if well played.
  • Spirit Ranger: halfway between S and A tier. Way more reasonable right now then before, but still extremely effective. Stupid easy and boring to play, pretty much because of the shortbow design.
  • Beastmaster Bunker Ranger: plagued by the same issue of Spirit Ranger (as they are quite similiar builds): shortbow. Other than that, strong build but with less team fight potential compared to Spirit Ranger.
  • S/D evade thief: still a strong build, nothing to say here. Haven’t found that much of them lately, though.
  • Power Guardian: good damage and good survivability, making them good in small scale fights but not useless in team fights. Sad thing is that people usually see Guardian as the bunker and there aren’t that much around.
  • Shatter Mesmer: high damage with decent survivability. Good in both small scale and team fights.
  • Berserker Engi: extremely glassy with extremely high damage and burst. The animations are quite obvious and the burst is manageable. Seems fair to me.

B Tier (mediocre)

• D/D or S/D Fresh Air Elementalist: solild build, but it really lacks survivability to have a solid spot in the current metagame. The gameplay is similiar to a Thief (in’n’out style of play), but it lacks the escape options of the Thief, making it extremely hard to survive with.
  • D/D cantrip elementalist: good team support, kinda viable, but not worth picking compared to other professions. The damage is mediocre and the support is nowhere near the one provided by other professions like Spirit Ranger or Bunker Guardian. Mediocre teamfight potential, good small scale fights capability, but still inferior to other builds. This build really struggles to find a place in a team composition.
  • Power Necromancer: great damage and the survivability is now kinda ok, but the Condition Necromancer provides way more team fight and 1vs1 potential compared to Power Necros, while boasting a little bit more survivability.

C Tier (unviable)

• Power/Crit Ranger: still can’t find a reason to have them in a team. They aren’t survivable that much, the damage isn’t that high and they aren’t mobile.
  • Staff Elementalist: there isn’t a good build to make staff work. It is good in teamfights, but it has no small scale fight potential whatsoever, making it a wasted team slot that can be easily filled by a much stronger engineer.
  • P/P Thief: nothing to say here. Completely unviable with no reason to play it whatsoever.
  • Condition/Venomshare Thief: a wasted slot in a team. Too much focused in 1vs1, while being greatly outperformed by other builds. No survivability while playing Venom share and the team support isn’t that much to consider it worth picking. Bad node defender due to stealth reliancy.
  • Vampiric minion-less Necromancer: a build focused around sustain with no sustain. Enough said.

+1 to this list.

I feel current sPvP is much to reliant on passives (healing sig, auto-attack, procs).

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Engineer

15 char