Best class 1v1

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Nuvola.9460

Nuvola.9460

1) Hi, which is/are for you the best classes/builds for 1v1? (I know that maybe there isnt a top class due to counters etc)

2)
As a warrior, at the same skill level, what is the chance to beat them? 1-9 = 0 chance
5-5 same chance etc… And which build/weapons/skills/tricks you advice to beat them?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Scrapper, druid and condi herald are all pretty solid 1v1 specs atm.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Best player wins always

-Best player won’t run a meta build
-Best player knows always the opponent class

Now..you can listen to my advice get out there, study the meta builds that every Tom is running and use builds that counter them…or you can listen to all the inc yapping.

In the second case, you will be here again next month..asking for best 1vs1 class, trust me

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I have to disagree here. The reason meta builds exist is because a top player will do well with that build and people will start copy-pasting it. The best players run a meta build because they’re the one who made that build meta.

I think what you mean is that meta builds don’t make you the best player.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Best player wins always

-Best player knows always the opponent class

Now..you can listen to my advice get out there, study the meta builds that every Tom is running and use builds that counter them…or you can listen to all the inc yapping.

In the second case, you will be here again next month..asking for best 1vs1 class, trust me

Ill second this as metas shifts as the wind breezes, but the most powerful build is knowing all traits weapon skills playstyles on all classes so that u can stay ahead and adapt. In the end u wanna play a few classes so u can swap around, as ur one class wont be that almighty 1v1 all the time, at least not with the same build. Again, metas change, but knowledge never dies.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

At the moment? A power Rev I think has the best 1v1 match ups against most classes.
Being potentially able to kill a druid & bunker mesmer.

Although it really depends on how good the person you’re facing is, and how well you’re able to setup your damage.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I have to disagree here. The reason meta builds exist is because a top player will do well with that build and people will start copy-pasting it. The best players run a meta build because they’re the one who made that build meta.

You’re right!
And another thing about the downfalls of meta copy/paste : those builds are made with team synergy in mind, meaning the build is not the “best” for your case at every turn…like why wars insist in using gs/axe when they could exploit the lack of stab of many meta builds?

I bet no war gave berseker hammer/mace/shield or hammer/LB-hammer/gs a try this meta..too bad as wars don’t need marauder/zerker amulet to deal decent dmg and be useful to the team

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

You’re right!
And another thing about the downfalls of meta copy/paste : those builds are made with team synergy in mind, meaning the build is not the “best” for your case at every turn…like why wars insist in using gs/axe when they could exploit the lack of stab of many meta builds?

I bet no war gave berseker hammer/mace/shield or hammer/LB-hammer/gs a try this meta..too bad as wars don’t need marauder/zerker amulet to deal decent dmg and be useful to the team

I did. On all 3 accounts.
I’m not a particularly great warrior player at any rate, but none of them felt like they brought as much to the table as say, any Chrono build.

Did get a good rampage here and there though.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

You’re right!

Ke? Mesmer bunk has much stab on shatter.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Supreme.3164

You’re right!

Ke? Mesmer bunk has much stab on shatter.

That’s when “knowing your opponent” comes handy, you can “forget” about the bunker mesmer and time your CC on those the mesmer is trying to support that lack great stab uptime.

Tried couple of time berseker hammer with headbutt( it’s not that hard to land headbutt with nice timing) for CC chain on tempest/druid( with stone signet and RaO on CD) during a team fight and the build was working.

Ofc I play war once in a bluemoon but the idea was there ( was using soldier ) : a tanky CC team fighter , with headbutt-hammer/mace you can potentially stunlock somebody so death

The way I was playing was to stunlock vulnerable targets off their stab phase ( reapers off RS, DH off longbow) and force others on defensive to allow my team to burst them down; really just giving an example on why running meta can be most times, counterproductive for you

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Assuming equal skill, I’d say Druid IMO. Whoever said power Rev hasnt probably fought a decent player on a full condi build. Gonna need help clearing multiple condi bombs.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Assuming equal skill, I’d say Druid IMO. Whoever said power Rev hasnt probably fought a decent player on a full condi build. Gonna need help clearing multiple condi bombs.

If I see someone running full condi, do you know what I do as a power rev?

Tell the DS ele to fight them instead.

Or if I think it’s likely I’m going to have to fight a necro 1v1, I switch off of rev.
I don’t like fighting necros on rev.

Then again, I also don’t like playing rev.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Or if I think it’s likely I’m going to have to fight a necro 1v1, I switch off of rev.

The fact that you switch …is why you will lose always every 1vs1 against good player on any class

As a matter of fact a decent ele doesn’t need DS to beat a reaper , similarly a corruption rev can still win against reaper…it’s all a matter of personal skill.

But people who simply switch between meta builds will never get that as their skill level is greatly limited in scope

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

The fact that you switch …is why you will lose always every 1vs1 against good player on any class

As a matter of fact a decent ele doesn’t need DS to beat a reaper , similarly a corruption rev can still win against reaper…it’s all a matter of personal skill.

But people who simply switch between meta builds will never get that as their skill level is greatly limited in scope

“But people who simply switch between meta builds will never get that as their skill level is greatly limited in scope”

1. Power Rev isn’t meta.
2. My reaper build isn’t meta.
3. My main, which is Chrono Shatter, isn’t meta.

So, in conclusion.
kitten off.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Yes, it definitely about personal skill, but it matters a little on rng on signet corruption on their resistance.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Supreme.3164

“But people who simply switch between meta builds will never get that as their skill level is greatly limited in scope”

1. Power Rev isn’t meta.

So, in conclusion.
kitten off.

Meta=viable build is not Meta= Because ESL teams use it
So in my book, chrono shatter, power rev and frostmancer ( all variants are still same traits in the reaper line so………) are still meta

Non meta build is a poison share thief or zerk staff ele for example..to say that shutter chrono is no meta ..wow..guess if tomorrow ESL team run naked thief with double pistol, the day after everybody would run the same because….meta..unbelievable

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

1. Power Rev isn’t meta.

So, in conclusion.
kitten off.

Meta=viable build is not Meta= Because ESL teams use it
So in my book, chrono shatter, power rev and frostmancer ( all variants are still same traits in the reaper line so………) are still meta

Non meta build is a poison share thief or zerk staff ele for example..to say that shutter chrono is no meta ..wow..guess if tomorrow ESL team run naked thief with double pistol, the day after everybody would run the same because….meta..unbelievable

Chrono Shatter is literally answered by the meta builds.
For the exact same reason that thief is answered by the meta builds.

It’s a burst damage assassin build, with little to no sustain outside of resetting fights.

Also, like it or not, meta means the builds most likely to succeed.

If we’re basing it off of win rate, Chono Tank and DS Tempest have Chrono Shatter beat by a land slide.

Same thing with every necro build I could mention.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Obviously thief. Because thief…
We are even told to avoid 1v1s because of how powerful we are to keep the game balanced.

On a serious note, it depends. Is it a 1v1 on a node in conquest, or is it a 1v1 in lets say a guild arena? Because if it’s on a node, I’ll argue that any decent bunker will never die in a 1v1 scenario, and which means they are the best 1v1 class. So the question becomes, what class is the best bunker?

In an arena setting, I might have to give the cake to tanky condi druids, maybe something like settler (for pvp)/dire druids. the amount of sustain they have while you run out of condi clense is just…..
Although it would be almost useless on a DS ele.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Obviously thief. Because thief…

On a serious note, it depends. Is it a 1v1 on a node in conquest, or is it a 1v1 in lets say a guild arena? Because if it’s on a node, I’ll argue that any decent bunker will never die in a 1v1 scenario, and which means they are the best 1v1 class. So the question becomes, what class is the best bunker?

In an arena setting, I might have to give the cake to tanky condi druids, maybe something like settler (for pvp)/dire druids. the amount of sustain they have while you run out of condi clense is just…..
Although it would be almost useless on a DS ele.

Outside of sPvP I would give it to condi mesmers.
Confusion & Torment are solid answers to things like rev’s unrelenting assault.

I don’t imagine it fairs too poorly to Druids, they could swap dueling for Inspiration if they really fear the conditions, but I think necro would be more threatening in that sense.

And since you’re not worrying about your enemy suddenly getting a +1 (And therefore aren’t trying to end it as quickly as possible), I’d even go as far to argue that Chrono benefits condi mesmer here. The blocks and interrupts are pretty nasty.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

A reaper with a full life force bar would be the best for dueling imho.

…but reapers begin the match with 0% life force.

Pulsing stability and lots of CC, chill, stun, cripple, boonstrip, condi removal, life steal, unblockable attacks, etc.

The trick is to get your enemy to about 50% hp then stunlock them with shroud 3 and 5, and warhorn 4… or drop your wells on an immobilized or deep-frozen target.

At the start of the match u really don’t have anything to worry about from an enemy reaper… but if he got some life force from somewhere…. watch the kitten out.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

1) Druid is considered the best 1v1 in this game.

2) They are kind of susceptible to huge burst spikes (direct dmg or condi) and CC. Maybe a full out on condi berserker? You’ll have like a 4 out of 10, and maybe I’m being generous.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

druid without a doubt.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Absolutely 0 mobility on full melee war = gets kited all day + can’t escape kitten and die as soon as your stances run out.

Also, what lack of stability ? Even necros have good stab now. And even without stab, both hammer and mace are slow and hugely telegraphed weapon, you’ll never hit anything through all these block and invul.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

A reaper with a full life force bar would be the best for dueling imho.

…but reapers begin the match with 0% life force.

Pulsing stability and lots of CC, chill, stun, cripple, boonstrip, condi removal, life steal, unblockable attacks, etc.

The trick is to get your enemy to about 50% hp then stunlock them with shroud 3 and 5, and warhorn 4… or drop your wells on an immobilized or deep-frozen target.

At the start of the match u really don’t have anything to worry about from an enemy reaper… but if he got some life force from somewhere…. watch the kitten out.

This. Once a reaper gets into rotation, I do not see any class, other than anothe reaper, that can handle the burst for long. Scapper is pretty powerful 1v1, in the right hands. DH also obviously very strong, with an experienced player, they can be kittening tough. Druids can be nasty, but with targeting upkeep, and careful watch on their skill animations, I feel like you can walk around most of their damaging skills. I feel like druid excels at taking out other druids/bunker ele/bunker mes. Their sustain is really the only power they have. I find the dps high, but easily avoided and mitigated.

There are of course exceptions to everything, and player skill caps have alot to do with 1v1 outcomes.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Kaishina.6584

Kaishina.6584

I just lolled at this topic. Anyway there is no best 1v1 classes they all rely on how you use them and how good you are.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

The meta Marauder Scrapper build taking Mortar Kit over Sneak Gyro can either kill or permanently 1v1 any other build currently in the game without dying while contesting a capture point of any size.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I just lolled at this topic. Anyway there is no best 1v1 classes they all rely on how you use them and how good you are.

there sure is a best 1v1 class….

Yes, if you are a better player you can win against classes that are better in 1v1’s, but on equal skill, no class beats druid in a 1v1, it’s that simple. Even if you surive quite long, Druid can get decaps/caps cuz of superior and low-CD knockbacks.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Prob druid. It can’t lose any 1v1 and can resolve every matchup but the most tanky builds.

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

Ranger | Elementalist

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Druid, Scrapper – these are top 1v1 on point with slight advantage to Druid.

Reaper and Condi Revenant aren’t bad either. Tempest has auto 1v1 win against most Reapers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Druid:
- Only bad matchup is against power rev.
- Stalemate against chrono bunker (+ engi at waterfall-like locations, otherwise druid wins over time).
- Favored in all other matchups.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

Yea best class period is Druid. 1v1 1v2 1v3 team play all of that. Ive been using the same build for about 20 solo matches and Ive only lost 3 times when one of my teammates left mid game. Rev sucks, necro is hilarious since the people using most of the “OP meta builds” aren’t really clever. Someone already said it: study meta battle builds and learn their counter. Thats a good way.

I’ve been ranger main since launch. And ranger has ALWAYS been the top class. So much variety and at the current moment, my druid build doesn’t die 1v2. I win them. Can’t wait for yet another druid nerf. I love wasting my money on expansions only to have my class shafted. Nerf all you want Anet, I am better than you.

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Druid and Scrapper. A power rev is one of the better 1v1 specs but will absolutely get wrecked by condis. Especially a condi rev. A condi rev will get wrecked by a condi transfer necro. A power rev has somewhat of a chance vs a druid, but again it will either end up with the power rev dead or a stalemate.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Yea best class period is Druid. 1v1 1v2 1v3 team play all of that. Ive been using the same build for about 20 solo matches and Ive only lost 3 times when one of my teammates left mid game. Rev sucks, necro is hilarious since the people using most of the “OP meta builds” aren’t really clever. Someone already said it: study meta battle builds and learn their counter. Thats a good way.

I’ve been ranger main since launch. And ranger has ALWAYS been the top class. So much variety and at the current moment, my druid build doesn’t die 1v2. I win them. Can’t wait for yet another druid nerf. I love wasting my money on expansions only to have my class shafted. Nerf all you want Anet, I am better than you.

So you 1st state that ranger/druid is OP as kitten then express anger about nerfs.

Oh and also claim extreme skill.

So we should gut the class down to warrior/thief level and you’d be ok with that

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

Prob druid. It can’t lose any 1v1 and can resolve every matchup but the most tanky builds.

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

I have yet to meet a druid that even came close to killing me 1v1 on my reaper.

You literally can’t even hold the cap if you are fighting me 1v1, and if you try and hold a cap/decap you will die without a doubt.

Admittedly they have good sustain…. but boonstrip > druid…. sorry.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

You literally can’t even hold the cap if you are fighting me 1v1, and if you try and hold a cap/decap you will die without a doubt.

To sum up the Condi clear:
Empathic Bond (3 per 10s)
Healing Spring (12 per 24s)
Druidic Clarity (All per AF use (10s charge time after leaving af))
Seed of Life (2 per 1s in AF)
Sunless runes + natural stride (half duration of chill/cripple/immob)

All of this heavily leans the match towards the condi druids favor. Most rangers run power or celestial so you will have easy matches the majority of the time though.

Ranger | Elementalist

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You’re going to get two different answers here.

Burn Guard can beat a rev, it doesn’t mean it’s anywhere near the performance a Rev is in TPvP… or even on the same performance Power DH is for that matter.. of which.. underperforms compared to a Rev.

A good Warrior can make a decent 1v1 build but again, we all know where his standings are in TPvP…

Power Shatter Mesmer/Condi Mesmer are strong 1v1 builds but people don’t/can’t use them in higher teir PvP for obvious Meta reasons. Bunk Mesmers simply perform better.

Your best bet is to go with a Scrapper or Rev as these two classes can use their same exact meta build for 1v1 dueling and TPvP both. While almost every other class needs to change builds to be efficient in either…

Balance patch, please get here!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

To sum up the Condi clear:
Empathic Bond (3 per 10s)
Healing Spring (12 per 24s)
Druidic Clarity (All per AF use (10s charge time after leaving af))
Seed of Life (2 per 1s in AF)
Sunless runes + natural stride (half duration of chill/cripple/immob)

All of this heavily leans the match towards the condi druids favor. Most rangers run power or celestial so you will have easy matches the majority of the time though.

implying i run condi…. and implying condi works against necro… lmao

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

1 v 1 wise I’d vote Druid.

Unless Druid screw up real bad, it should survive any 1 v 1 encounter.
It has enough pressure from Ancient Seed/ Glyph/ Daze / pets / staff AA to kill most classes while being bunkish (But against a good Tempest/Druid/Scrapper/Mesmer, it’d drag on long or become a tie)

Best class 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

Depend on how much LF you have left rly.

If you don’t have Reaper Shroud Active, you’d be CCed by Druid endless and die eventually. Reaper has no chance to fight Druid when the LF runs out.
Even with LF, it’d be a close match-up since Celes has decent damage from Bristleback and Strength of the Pack.

Best class 1v1

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

Mesmer- stalemate
Ele- killed (slow)
Necro- killed (slow)
Engie- stalemate
Druid- n/a
Theif- killed
Warrior- killed
Rev- killed
Guard- killed

Depend on how much LF you have left rly.

If you don’t have Reaper Shroud Active, you’d be CCed by Druid endless and die eventually. Reaper has no chance to fight Druid when the LF runs out.
Even with LF, it’d be a close match-up since Celes has decent damage from Bristleback and Strength of the Pack.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Shroud is more for a finishing blow than anything.

…and fyi I don’t run the “meta” necro build because imho its not good.