Best condition classes

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Pigmyz.9235

Pigmyz.9235

I’m wanting to try out a condition class, what are some strong, or the strongest condition class right now? Thanks!

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The strongest is probably Mesmer, followed by Engineer and Elementalist.

Necromancer, while one of the weakest condition builds, will basically hardcounter any condition build, though. Keep that in mind, and don’t be surprised if you find a Necro blowing your face apart with conditions. He just used yours.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Necro is quite strong at the moment thanks to other condition classes. Plague signet is your frand

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

I think you should specify a little more what you want in a condi class in terms of playstyle. Burn guard and trap ranger can drop anyone in seconds with condis but they play quite differently.

That said…you can’t go wrong with mesmer as it’s a good dueling spec. But I would suggest burn guard is an easy to pick up but hard to master condi spec right now. You can have occasional faceroll burn burst that drops people who don’t cleanse quickly, but it’s not quite a one trick pony as virtue of justice can keep the pressure up nicely. It also brings team support and good panic cooldowns.

Trap ranger is more yolo but very powerful when people don’t know how to fight a trapper. Dropping spike+flame+viper is satisfying and hard to cleanse if you add immob + chill sigil + taunt + wolf howl. The burst CC chain you can pull off on unsuspecting people is hilarious. But to me it has huge issues with teamfights and sustain so don’t expect to fight outnumbered.

Shortbow ranger and condi necro are shadows of their former selves imo and I’d advise against it for now. Attrition condition can win 1v1s but not teamfights currently. All top necro specs (i.e. power) have a couple forms of condition transfer anyway if that’s what you’re looking for.

D/D cele ele is top-tier and it’s burn damage is great, but it’s not what most people think of as a condi class. You spend a lot of time not applying condis although when you do it can be very effective both solo and in teamfights.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Depends … Do you like to slowly kill your opponents? Try condi Warrior LB + Sw/Sw, Mesmer or Necromancer.
Wanna do burst condi? Guardian, engie, ele, ranger.
Mesmer probably the best in part of dmg and survivability.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

In my opinion Best Condi Classes = Necro, Ranger, Engie. Mesmer likes to tell itself that it’s good but it really isn’t.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Necro shouldn’t even be in this conversation, Dirame.

… I still want tengu.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Surprised so few recommendations for Ranger or Thief in this thread. Ranger has always been one of the strongest burst condi classes in this game. Thief, Mesmer, and Engi probably next. Followed with Ele, Guard, and Warrior.

As Drarnor said, Necromancers are actually pretty poor when it comes to condis. They have poor variety and probably stack condis the slowest of any condi class in the game. Their saving grace is their ability to move conditions from themselves to others. So while a Necromancer is probably the least successful with condis overall, a condi Necro will likely beat every other condi spec in the game.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

In my opinion Best Condi Classes = Necro, Ranger, Engie. Mesmer likes to tell itself that it’s good but it really isn’t.

you’ve got to be kidding. A PU mesmer using perpex runes is the best condi spec, bar none. (well, for roaming anyway, not for spvp). After that, I’d have to say Eng beats up a trap ranger slightly, but its very close. Out of those, the engi is much more engaging and fun, but thats a personal preference. I don’t have any experience with a burn guard (mine is power atm) or necro (i’m power necro all the way) so others may be able to chime in on those specs.

Warrior condi spec intrigues me a bit. Anyone have any success with that?

Best condition classes

in PvP

Dirame.8521

The master of condi manipulation cannot be left out of a condi class list.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Surprised so few recommendations for Ranger or Thief in this thread. Ranger has always been one of the strongest burst condi classes in this game. Thief, Mesmer, and Engi probably next. Followed with Ele, Guard, and Warrior.

As Drarnor said, Necromancers are actually pretty poor when it comes to condis. They have poor variety and probably stack condis the slowest of any condi class in the game. Their saving grace is their ability to move conditions from themselves to others. So while a Necromancer is probably the least successful with condis overall, a condi Necro will likely beat every other condi spec in the game.

Could you by any chance provide an example of the afore mentioned builds for warrior and thief? These are some I rarely see to be honest.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, it kind of can, because its condi build’s effectiveness varies massively with who it’s facing. If not facing another condi build, it’s really quite weak. If it is facing a burn guardian? Well, may the six have mercy on their soul.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Depends on the conditions you want to apply. I always loved confusion and torment, and mesmer can apply them in a stupid speed nowadays (I can not even play my old condi mesmer build, it is too easy).

Necromancers are very good at applying conditions, and they also excel at tanking due to their second life bar. They can shut down most condition classes with ease.

Ranger can inflict stupidous amount of bleeds in just three seconds. You can also use traps, interesting mechanic. They are very strong now, though no one admits.

Guardians + burn = Roflstomp. Tank all you like, burn all you like, Santa Clause is coming to town.

Ele: As a pure condi class… Mehh. Not the worst thing but boring as hell. Anet forgot to design a proper condi build for ele’s so you have to play by ear in a way.

Thief: Few things are more bothersome than a P/P condi thief. Feels boring to me, but they are very strong, if you know how to play a thief.

Engineer: Oh my god. I still have no idea why nobody complained about this profession yet. It is not easy to play, I really suck at it. But it is fun, powerful, and you can use your wits to do amazing things. Not the best condition class, but strong.

Warrior: well, never played a condi warrior. Never liked the concept of warrior. They are my good friends and loyal brothers in arms. Thats all.

This was a short, self-centered, power level explaining for these condition classes. If you want to know more about a specific class, I recomment you to visit their own part of the forum.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Necromancers are very good at applying conditions

It was at this moment that you lost all credibility.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Heh, I thought someone would say that. Tricky part is the word “conditions”. Represents “different type of conditions”, in that sentence.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Well, it kind of can, because its condi build’s effectiveness varies massively with who it’s facing. If not facing another condi build, it’s really quite weak. If it is facing a burn guardian? Well, may the six have mercy on their soul.

Yea, maybe the popular condi build doesn’t fair well but there are builds that do well regardless of whether they fight a zerk war, a condi war, shatter mesmer, burst engie or thief. Trust me, I know.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Necromancers are very good at applying conditions

It was at this moment that you lost all credibility.

well he isn’t completely wrong with that statement.

Necromancers are very good at applying different conditions but don’t have great damaging condition stacking ability.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Nomad.9764

Nomad.9764

Warriors are terrible condis in my opinion, only thing they are good at are running away, their condis aren’t really good variety and are cleared easily,

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

for pvp point holder – trap ranger than mesmer
for pvp support pressure – necro (cc, aoe, boon removal, condi trasfer) and engi (aoe heal, cc, block and aoe) and than mesmer (boon share , condi cleanse aoe, reflect aoe, aoe shatter and blind)
for zerg – mesmer as hois skills prevent movement or skills use
for off point – mesmer and engi

guard is one trick pony which easy cleansed

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Necro is crap for condi other than ‘anti/counter condi’. Literally the worst for a condi spec.

Best condition classes

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The strongest is probably Mesmer, followed by Engineer and Elementalist.

Necromancer, while one of the weakest condition builds, will basically hardcounter any condition build, though. Keep that in mind, and don’t be surprised if you find a Necro blowing your face apart with conditions. He just used yours.

Agreed, Mesmer is, by far the best for condi. Always has been since launch. If you ever heard of the ‘Bunker Buster condi shatter’ Mesmer way back at launch, that was all me. It’s even stronger now.