Best of a Bad Lot

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If the split the queues then yes team queue would go right back to having high queue times. This is why they would need some sort of incentive, such as better rewards, to encourage people to play in team queue. In doing it that way, everybody wins. Team queue will potentially have reasonable queue times, and solo players and can play without fear of being farmed by teams.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

If the split the queues then yes team queue would go right back to having high queue times. This is why they would need some sort of incentive, such as better rewards, to encourage people to play in team queue. In doing it that way, everybody wins. Team queue will potentially have reasonable queue times, and solo players and can play without fear of being farmed by teams.

Having an incentive would be a really good idea. A legendary item for the teams to gun for would be good, but I get the feeling we’ll see complaints from solo PvPers saying they want the team reward and it should be available for solo queue :P

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I agree. The best solution would be to split the queues again. Solo and team. Unfortunately I suspect ANET will not consider that option. They are stubbornly pushing for group content and Esports.

The reality is that players in this game exclude wherever the game allows them to. This is why high level fractals and raids will always be smallish clubs.

If anet went all team in pvp, it would quickly be off-limits to me and to many others. I’m sure that would please some, but it would make PvP even less relevant than it is now.

I really think that ANet should just go ahead and make PvP team only. This way the game mode can get it’s death out of the way, and people can find something else to complain about on these forums. We all know in the end ANet “is” going to make the game mode require “Pre Made” team to enter ranked.

no they wont. i doubt it will change soloq/groupq nonsense. Its going to stay as it is. The matchmaking might change but they wont restrict solo players and group players

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Esports are an admirable and ambitious goal but that just means they should really polish things up before pushing it. Their competition is League of Legends, Overwatch, Street Fighter 5, and lots of others with polished, up to date code and server tech resulting in a smooth relatively bug free experience. Even when Guild Wars 2 was released it still felt somewhat dated but the combat mechanics showed lots of signs of potential.

Having an incentive would be a really good idea. A legendary item for the teams to gun for would be good, but I get the feeling we’ll see complaints from solo PvPers saying they want the team reward and it should be available for solo queue :P

Just respect that it’d be a team queue prize and try finding teams.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Zynt.5769

Esports are an admirable and ambitious goal but that just means they should really polish things up before pushing it. Their competition is League of Legends, Overwatch, Street Fighter 5, and lots of others with polished, up to date code and server tech resulting in a smooth relatively bug free experience. Even when Guild Wars 2 was released it still felt somewhat dated but the combat mechanics showed lots of signs of potential.

Unfortunately we live in a very entitled society. The current legendary backpiece has caused a lot of complain threads. Imagine the threads we’d see if it were locked to a team based queue lol.

The whole thing with eSports, is those games are built for PvP. GW2 is an MMORPG, with all these different modes, aka PvE, WvW and PvP. Anet have to focus on way too many areas of the game, instead of being able to just focus on balancing the game for PvP. If they really wanted to push for eSports, then the game should’ve been very PvP focused, instead of trying to be a jack of all trades.

It’s disappointing, because GW1 was always marketed as being a PvP game. This time they seem to have put PvE before PvP. I loved the PvP in GW1, it was some of the most fun I’ve had in an online game.

PS: I miss Ritualist so much. My favourite class from GW1

(edited by Zynt.5769)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Unfortunately we live in a very entitled society. The current legendary backpiece has caused a lot of complain threads. Imagine the threads we’d see if it were locked to a team based queue lol.

I imagine there would be less complaints than the people currently complaing about getting farmed by teams while playing solo.

If the queues were split again with greater rewards given to team queue, they would just have to accept that it is the fairest option for everyone. In a way, this already exisists with raids and higher level fractals providing greater rewards than dungeons and low level fractals.

Without greater rewards given to team queue, everyone will just solo queue since they can get the same reward without having to put in the effort of finding other people to queue with. They will also have easier matches because they won’t be fighting organized teams. Greater challenges should offer greater rewards, and they would get the benefit of having their solo queue back.

Gate of Madness

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

It really has nothing to do with “entitlement” on my part. The prize was set out as available to everyone. It follows that it should in fact be available to everyone.

As to the argument of “you need to progress your skills and be deserving” I have two responses; First the prize is time sensitive. So, there’s no time to spend months or years trying to have parity. Second, competition requires a level playing field. This is a game, not the social darwinist 1920’s or some sections of the current political arena. An unfair game is not a game at all.

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

No, it was set out as You can work on the path of Ascension to get the rewards. Not that it is guaranteed that you will get it. You haven’t met the requirements so far so you haven’t received it, everyone was allowed multiple months to achieve the item. If you started late that’s not Anets fault or anyone else’s. There is one more month to try to achieve the legendary, you do show entitlement, I have offered to queue with you as have others you have never pm’d us in game and I have been on everyday almost these last few weeks you are always offline. You haven’t put forth the full effort to achieve what you want but want it given to you.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

No, it was set out as You can work on the path of Ascension to get the rewards. Not that it is guaranteed that you will get it. You haven’t met the requirements so far so you haven’t received it, everyone was allowed multiple months to achieve the item. If you started late that’s not Anets fault or anyone else’s.

Yeah. The only ArenaNet promise is to reward the players who complete the meta achievements with the Ascension, send a ticket in to customer support if this fails.

There’s no mistake, the meta achievements have requirements beyond showing up – this is intentional.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I started in the first season and have put in more hours than most. The matchmaking and exploitation by teams have made it extremely difficult.

I have suggested solutions. Further, I’d assert that the current system will result in a net decrease in pvp population. The prize was meant to attract new players. In the event, it ended up alienating more than it attracted.

Recriminations against me are off-topic. This thread is about suggested solutions to the current issues, especially matchmaking. There is , I think, general agreement that the current system is not working.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

It really has nothing to do with “entitlement” on my part. The prize was set out as available to everyone. It follows that it should in fact be available to everyone.

As to the argument of “you need to progress your skills and be deserving” I have two responses; First the prize is time sensitive. So, there’s no time to spend months or years trying to have parity. Second, competition requires a level playing field. This is a game, not the social darwinist 1920’s or some sections of the current political arena. An unfair game is not a game at all.

it was set out as available to anyone who that completes all the requisites… If you cant complete the requisites im having a hard time understanding how that is ANET fault. Yes it IS AVAILABLE to everyone that can complete it, that doesnt mean it should just be given to people that cannot….

i see that a few people beat me too that… conveniently ignored of course and written off as recriminations because you dont like the response. guess the report button couldnt get rid of those.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

@Pyriall and Ruru

You both missed my point completely. I’m a pretty proficient dungeon runner. On a good day, I can dodge Alpha indefinitely and one-shot Lupi. ( To “one shot” in this case means to defeat her without a team wipe.)

Despite that, showing up on my alt, I couldn’t even get on a party. She was deemed unworthy .

Fractals and raids have similar issues. Elitist groups will kick without any notice or explanation.

If ANET chose to make PvP team only, the elitism would quickly exclude most players.

As to grinding versus skill. I have my dungeon master. I’ve successfully completed every path in every dungeon. At times, I have even taken very low level party members through dungeons as a challenge to myself.

No I am not asking for a handout. In raids, I don’t even get the chance to try. In high level fractals the story is the same.

I can see it now: "What? You can’t get on a PvP party? Well git gud! "

You can’t “git gud” without practice and you can’t practice without convincing someone that your are “gud.” CATCH 22 Team only would cause severe damage to pvp which is already tottering.

No, I didn’t miss your point at all. The very nature of your posts scream, “I need to be carried and therefore require the game to force people to do it.”

You want solo queues, because as you have said you don’t want to be picked last. Well guess what? Find a bunch of people at your level and “practice” with them. Oh, but you don’t want that. It means you won’t get your “shiny”. To compensate for not getting that “shiny” through an earned progression; you want them make it a reward track item.

You’ll be picked last or excluded from multiple things in life for a variety of different reasons. The game is no different. You’re the queen of no child left behind and everyone deserves a trophy. For the most part, no one minds helping people who need help, but most don’t like helping people who expect and demand it. You’re the latter; you think you’re entitled to something just because you’re here.

You are different how? Oh because you have pre made think you’re entitled to get free wins against solo players, yeah I don’t know if I see a difference with you and her? You are the poster child of the pot calling the kettle black. You both want easy wins. We get that, thats why yall plays GW2 spvp. Because one doesn’t need to be skilled per say just either lucky or privileged with a good MMR, vs having to be skilled.

It’s ok I’m not going to judge yall for that, nor do I think many other people will. But really this kinda seems like the wars in IRL of the %99 vs the %1 just in a game format. But yall really do not disappoint, such entertainment value in this thread. As in IRL the %1 always dominate till they get “too” greedy and take away the absolutely last bit of so called freedom that the %99 have. After that it’s just bad new for the %1 and then a few people from the %99 take to place of the previous %1 and become them and the whole process repeats it’s self ad infinitum until everyone or in this case GW2’s sPvP game mode is dead and wiped out.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

I think going all team PVP and completely getting rid of MMR in ranked is the way to go. Solo players would have to start using the LFG to make teams
You would face off against the team closest to your pip range

Fail, a league sistem is for estable teams, not for pug teams
they have to find the way to incentive the two modes, a team mode for estable teams and a random solo queue, not mixing. or go only for one (random solo)of the two and leting the team mode for high competition if it exist

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I think going all team PVP and completely getting rid of MMR in ranked is the way to go. Solo players would have to start using the LFG to make teams
You would face off against the team closest to your pip range

Fail, a league sistem is for estable teams, not for pug teams
they have to find the way to incentive the two modes, a team mode for estable teams and a random solo queue, not mixing. or go only for one (random solo)of the two and leting the team mode for high competition if it exist

Most of us agree on that point. However the privileged %1 are fully against this ideal because it would be the end of their age of stomping solo players for free wins, titles, and items. Most already understand they do not want a fair match maker because then it’ll truly show their skills when matched in balanced matches and not lop sided stomps.

Basically it comes down to if ANet is completely ok with losing the support of the %99 just to please a few “Fake Tryhards”. If Anet is going to loss the support which ever side their system chooses not to back. In this case I’m sorry to say even tho barely anyone watches the GW2 ESL games the few players that do manage to watch gets their interests peeked and try GW2. GW2’s ESL and pre made teams on twitch just completely curbstomping PUG teams is atm the major thing that is bring newer players into the game right now like it or not. Word of month from friend to friend is very bad atm for GW2 as a PvP game because it pretty much takes a dump on the %99 so why would they recommend it to their friends or such?

This will more then likely be another case of the %1 winning yet again. Mark my words, pretty much why I only spend a very small fraction of effort and time with GW2 now. Just log on to say hi to some WVW friends and maybe roam with them for about 1 or 2 a week. and then back to the real gaming world.

But at least I admit it!

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

You guys are derailing this thread with all your personal insults and conspiracy theories. Take it down a notch.

I think it is pretty well established:

• The current system doesn’t work too well.
  • Can’t have Solo Queue only because this is an mmo and the game mode is 5v5.
  • Can’t have Team Queue only because this discourages casual players (not saying that in a bad way) from getting into sPvP.

So with those parameters, again I suggest splitting the queues again back to Solo Queue and Team Queue, but this time offering better rewards to Team Queue to give incentive to play Team Queue. This provides Solo Queue players a fair place to have their matches, and encourages more people to try Team Queue thus reducing Team Queue wait times.

Gate of Madness

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

Reading through this thread I’m seeing some of the most ridiculous statements I’ve seen posted anywhere:

‘However the privileged %1 are fully against this ideal because it would be the end of their age of stomping solo players for free wins, titles, and items.’

’ I’ve argued for removing what I consider exploitation by pre -mades that more-or-less act as bullies’

The real travesty is wild statements like this continue to be allowed on this forum and that people that are trying to refute them are being reported like they’re the ones doing something wrong.

I’m going to do what I feel is right and report this thread, as it’s another in the list of OP’s posts that aren’t designed to create discussion, but bring drama to this forums.

I hope justice prevails and this thread gets locked up as it’s already gone on for 2 days longer than it should have.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

BlaqueFyre.5678

No, it was set out as You can work on the path of Ascension to get the rewards. Not that it is guaranteed that you will get it. You haven’t met the requirements so far so you haven’t received it, everyone was allowed multiple months to achieve the item. If you started late that’s not Anets fault or anyone else’s. There is one more month to try to achieve the legendary, you do show entitlement, I have offered to queue with you as have others you have never pm’d us in game and I have been on everyday almost these last few weeks you are always offline. You haven’t put forth the full effort to achieve what you want but want it given to you.

First, it doesn’t make sense to assert that ANET only promised that everyone could “work toward” the legendary backpack. All of the prerequisite pieces expire at the end of season 4 and there are no real rewards along the way.

Why would anyone “work toward” a reward, if they aren’t going to get it and there’s no real incentive for partial completion? That’s illogical.

Second, I have been PvP’ing on my alt. So if you have in fact called, I didn’t get it. I have teamed and in so doing made it to Ruby.. This keeps me just barely in the running to get the wings next season. I’d be very pleased to duo or team if you are willing.

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They stated you can still get the Ascension after the Year is over, and again the direct quote said the guarantee you the oppurtunity to follow the Path of Ascension. They will not Guarantee that everyone will get the Ascension that would be a horrible business move on their part but they can Guarantee you the Oppurtunity to work towards it.

And I am always willing to help people, if I am not on this acct I am on my Alt acct Cipher.3782, be warned this late in the season means Ruby matchmaking is horrible.

Yes the matchmaking is BS but it is workable, they either need to go back to Soley having MMR determine matchmaking or just Pips, and they should split game modes and add more incentive to team queue which tends to be more competitive overall which makes it harder.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

@Pyriall and Ruru

You both missed my point completely. I’m a pretty proficient dungeon runner. On a good day, I can dodge Alpha indefinitely and one-shot Lupi. ( To “one shot” in this case means to defeat her without a team wipe.)

Despite that, showing up on my alt, I couldn’t even get on a party. She was deemed unworthy .

Fractals and raids have similar issues. Elitist groups will kick without any notice or explanation.

If ANET chose to make PvP team only, the elitism would quickly exclude most players.

As to grinding versus skill. I have my dungeon master. I’ve successfully completed every path in every dungeon. At times, I have even taken very low level party members through dungeons as a challenge to myself.

No I am not asking for a handout. In raids, I don’t even get the chance to try. In high level fractals the story is the same.

I can see it now: "What? You can’t get on a PvP party? Well git gud! "

You can’t “git gud” without practice and you can’t practice without convincing someone that your are “gud.” CATCH 22 Team only would cause severe damage to pvp which is already tottering.

No, I didn’t miss your point at all. The very nature of your posts scream, “I need to be carried and therefore require the game to force people to do it.”

You want solo queues, because as you have said you don’t want to be picked last. Well guess what? Find a bunch of people at your level and “practice” with them. Oh, but you don’t want that. It means you won’t get your “shiny”. To compensate for not getting that “shiny” through an earned progression; you want them make it a reward track item.

You’ll be picked last or excluded from multiple things in life for a variety of different reasons. The game is no different. You’re the queen of no child left behind and everyone deserves a trophy. For the most part, no one minds helping people who need help, but most don’t like helping people who expect and demand it. You’re the latter; you think you’re entitled to something just because you’re here.

You are different how? Oh because you have pre made think you’re entitled to get free wins against solo players, yeah I don’t know if I see a difference with you and her? You are the poster child of the pot calling the kettle black. You both want easy wins. We get that, thats why yall plays GW2 spvp. Because one doesn’t need to be skilled per say just either lucky or privileged with a good MMR, vs having to be skilled.

It’s ok I’m not going to judge yall for that, nor do I think many other people will. But really this kinda seems like the wars in IRL of the %99 vs the %1 just in a game format. But yall really do not disappoint, such entertainment value in this thread. As in IRL the %1 always dominate till they get “too” greedy and take away the absolutely last bit of so called freedom that the %99 have. After that it’s just bad new for the %1 and then a few people from the %99 take to place of the previous %1 and become them and the whole process repeats it’s self ad infinitum until everyone or in this case GW2’s sPvP game mode is dead and wiped out.

Sorry to tell you, but I solo queued. And I have played accounts that were in this supposed MMR hell.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

BlaqueFyre.5678

First, it doesn’t make sense to assert that ANET only promised that everyone could “work toward” the legendary backpack. All of the prerequisite pieces expire at the end of season 4 and there are no real rewards along the way.

Why would anyone “work toward” a reward, if they aren’t going to get it and there’s no real incentive for partial completion? That’s illogical.

Second, I have been PvP’ing on my alt. So if you have in fact called, I didn’t get it. I have teamed and in so doing made it to Ruby.. This keeps me just barely in the running to get the wings next season. I’d be very pleased to duo or team if you are willing.

Ok let’s try this where did anet say “Everyone will get the legendary back piece”

Serious question maybe you have some info I don’t have.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

ANET said that everyone could win the back piece. The matchmaking and the farming by teams have made it doubtful that casuals or pve players can get it. Many pvp players seem to believe that’s “how it should be.”

The irony and tragedy is that the back piece was meant to attract those very “filthy casual” players. Instead, those players have been exposed to murderous odds and matches that they were deliberately stacked to lose. To top that off.. most will never see the reward.

I understand the position of players who want to be “hard core.” The reality is that the resources (viz. playerbase ) aren’t there to support “hard core” competition.

So, no.. ANET did not state that everyone would win the backpiece. They did state that everyone could. In my considered opinion, that promise has not been fulfilled yet.

I am attempting to suggest ways to repair that.

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You guys are derailing this thread with all your personal insults and conspiracy theories. Take it down a notch.

I think it is pretty well established:

• The current system doesn’t work too well.
  • Can’t have Solo Queue only because this is an mmo and the game mode is 5v5.
  • Can’t have Team Queue only because this discourages casual players (not saying that in a bad way) from getting into sPvP.

So with those parameters, again I suggest splitting the queues again back to Solo Queue and Team Queue, but this time offering better rewards to Team Queue to give incentive to play Team Queue. This provides Solo Queue players a fair place to have their matches, and encourages more people to try Team Queue thus reducing Team Queue wait times.

If this was really implemented, basing on this layout, the wings should be a Team Que Reward. Solo q reward will tickets or skins or anything in between.

Which should be the case IMO.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

A lot of things were said ITT, but I think:

Quenues should remain as they are, but the way Matchmaking is handled needs to be re-adjusted. We know its not possible to split Solo/Team Qs with the way things currently are with the population, but the biggest complaint is often MMR related.

The Backpiece. A draw for many players, needs to be put on a reward track. Maybe lock it behind one or two others that need to be done first. That way, one can “farm” it in both ranked and unranked play, and even when a season isnt active.

Lastly, if the (absolutely bonkers) idea of Solo Q being for unranked only and Team Q being Ranked only were to ever happen, the reward track limit on Unranked needs to be abolished (assuming it hasnt already – its been awhile since I’ve played a ton of unranked games in a sitting). It will allow backpack farmers be able to fight and work towards it (or other Reward Track goals) to their heart’s content off-season.

Following that line of thinking, Off Season “Ranked Play” can still be made to function when a league season isn’t active, but only for Team Q without Pip rewards, but more reward track gain than Solo Unranked.

Imo, the unfun Meta and the “biased” matchmaking are likely the biggest reasons why PvP has become so unattractive these days…doing something about either would be a good start to increasing the PvP populace’s numbers and inciting interest in it again.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

Ok, so were going with derailing the thread. Cool. Should be another closed Ithilwen thread by the next business day. Grats.

It’s incredible how all of your threads seem to turn into you talking about how much you deserve this back-piece and how Anet hasn’t fulfilled some promise you seem to think they’ve made, and you don’t have a fair shot at getting the back-piece and “hardcore” or “elite” pvp’rs are stepping all over the poor casuals/pve’rs.

If anyone cares to stay on topic, I’m down to discuss. But if you guys wanna continue a conversation with a brick wall, then it’s time to sit back, enjoy the laughs, and wait for this thread to be closed and the next Ithilwen thread to open.

I’ve been saying that since the first ‘I deserve the backpiece’ thread was closed.

The saddest part is people offered suggestions, tips and even going as far as offering to queue with her and she’s refused help.

How and why she’s allowed to continue making threads like this is beyond me.

You could say “well you don’t have to read and/or respond to the thread”, but all that does it become an enabler and show that this line of posting is acceptable and we’ll be inundated with thread after thread like this one.

The moderators really need to put a stop to it. None of these threads are helping the players or the PvP community.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Ok, so were going with derailing the thread. Cool. Should be another closed Ithilwen thread by the next business day. Grats.

It’s incredible how all of your threads seem to turn into you talking about how much you deserve this back-piece and how Anet hasn’t fulfilled some promise you seem to think they’ve made, and you don’t have a fair shot at getting the back-piece and “hardcore” or “elite” pvp’rs are stepping all over the poor casuals/pve’rs.

If anyone cares to stay on topic, I’m down to discuss. But if you guys wanna continue a conversation with a brick wall, then it’s time to sit back, enjoy the laughs, and wait for this thread to be closed and the next Ithilwen thread to open.

I’ve been saying that since the first ‘I deserve the backpiece’ thread was closed.

The saddest part is people offered suggestions, tips and even going as far as offering to queue with her and she’s refused help.

How and why she’s allowed to continue making threads like this is beyond me.

You could say “well you don’t have to read and/or respond to the thread”, but all that does it become an enabler and show that this line of posting is acceptable and we’ll be inundated with thread after thread like this one.

The moderators really need to put a stop to it. None of these threads are helping the players or the PvP community.

Its not only her.

I can name a few who keep whining about everything.

The forums are really depressing.

If you did this on FFXIV’s forum, a dev will even tell you to “get good”

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

This thread started with some of my suggestions on how to fix the current matchmaking. There is, I believe, general agreement that the current system isn’t working.

Along the way, and on topic, I’ve tried to explain why I believe it is critical that “everyone” be able to compete successfully.

Several posters have tried to make it about me, which I have actively discouraged.

The personal attacks don’t take anything from the relevance of this thread. The fact that I express opinions some do not agree with is not a reason to claim that I harm the pvp community or that I need to be silenced.

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I’ve noticed that too, every time you post something the same few people comment on it just to talk crap and cause a lot of unnecessary drama .

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

I’ve noticed that too, every time you post something the same few people comment on it just to talk crap and cause a lot of unnecessary drama .

I’ve noticed too that you have the same people defending this, MMR hell, Premade = Sure win, Unfair matchmaking, etc.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol I can’t even keep track of who has what ideals. Both sides are switching back and forth. But I’ll tell yall one thing. This was more then likely one of the most entertaining forum thread I’ve seen in a while. It’s like reading drama but just for nerds.

OP deserves a A+ for bait threading.

But on a more serious note GW2 sPvP is all but a thing of the past now. ANet made too many people angry too kitten fast. People evacuated sPvP faster then people getting into the life boats of the Titanic after the fatal iceberg incident. Tho however unlikely it is still possible for ANet to salvage PvP mode of GW2. But I will not hold my breath.

I was one of those few PvPers back in season 1 and quarter way through season 2, who pvp’ed because he wanted improve himself and become one of the best. But ANet was not having any of that with a solo queuer. They used the back piece trick very well. Players till this day are still slaving away in a game mode that gives no form of entertainment but to those sadist that think lop sided matches are cool.

But at least I admit it!

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ellie.5913

But yea separating team and solo queue and giving some type of a super cool reward for the team queue would be alright, I’d even try the team queue thing at least until some one started calling me names and stuff and or kicking me from the team, after that I’d never try it again since I play games for fun and not for to be stressed out and made to feel like crap.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

But yea separating team and solo queue and giving some type of a super cool reward for the team queue would be alright, I’d even try the team queue thing at least until some one started calling me names and stuff and or kicking me from the team, after that I’d never try it again since I play games for fun and not for to be stressed out and made to feel like crap.

It’s up to you to lose your cool. I am assuming you are an adult. You know you can just ignore/block/move on right?

Seriously, the forums are sounding like a “wah wah wah wah wah, I want some candy” kind of scene

You know what? you are only stressing yourself.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ellie.5913

I’ve noticed too that you have the same people defending this, MMR hell, Premade = Sure win, Unfair matchmaking, etc.

If something’s not fair or right people are gonna speak out against it, you can try as hard as you want to shut them up, goodluck with that. Maybe if certain people weren’t so afraid that matches would actually become fair and even and stop their easy wins & make them actually work for it, things would be much quieter and happier and chillaxed than they are.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ellie.5913

It’s up to you to lose your cool. I am assuming you are an adult. You know you can just ignore/block/move on right?

Seriously, the forums are sounding like a “wah wah wah wah wah, I want some candy” kind of scene

You know what? you are only stressing yourself.

And this is why I don’t like dealing with people…..most of them are like you. I’m better off keeping to myself and playing alone.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

If something’s not fair or right people are gonna speak out against it, you can try as hard as you want to shut them up, goodluck with that. Maybe if certain people weren’t so afraid that matches would actually become fair and even and stop their easy wins & make them actually work for it, things would be much quieter and happier and chillaxed than they are.

Unfair is subjective.

Don’t you guys realize you are the same people who are complaining about anything?

You even said yourself that you dont pvp that much, and you wanna talk about fair?

Seriously I hate to say this but I think it’s time to get good. PvP is competitive, you cant just whine all the time and wait for a miracle to happen. You have to work for it.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Unfair is subjective.

Don’t you guys realize you are the same people who are complaining about anything?

You even said yourself that you dont pvp that much, and you wanna talk about fair?

Seriously I hate to say this but I think it’s time to get good. PvP is competitive, you cant just whine all the time and wait for a miracle to happen. You have to work for it.

Don’t put words in my fingers, I never said anything of the sort so don’t try to speak for me, I said I’ve been pvping since this game came out, pvp is pretty much all I ever did in this game, and ranked used to be all I played until leagues turned me off to it still play ranked on my alt a bit but on my main unranked. That’s what I said. And before leagues came along I always had a really high win rate. A lot of the older players that have been playing as long as I have already left, what we have left mostly is newer players that got easy wins thanks to our new and not so improved match making system and the putting organized premades against pugs. So I think it’s cool if easy wins thanks to a premade and high mmr makes certain people feel pro and therefore good about themselves, hey whatever raises the self esteem, I’m not gonna judge too much.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Can I be done with this nerd argument already? I’ts making me feel Oh so nerdy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Unfair is subjective.

Don’t put words in my fingers, I never said anything of the sort so don’t try to speak for me, I said I’ve been pvping since this game came out, pvp is pretty much all I ever did in this game, and ranked used to be all I played until leagues turned me off to it still play ranked on my alt a bit but on my main unranked. That’s what I said. And before leagues came along I always had a really high win rate.

So…whats the problem then? Do not tell me you are still stuck in sapphire? I mean you pvped since launch right?

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Now, the thread is being derailed to a personal argument.

I think that splitting the queue to solo and team again would be ideal.

Making evenly stacked teams and the 50/50 system are imperative in my view.

Further, the back pack and any future “shiny” should be on a reward track, unrelated to win/loss.

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

And that is the good thing about such a proposed system, if you tried team queue and didn’t like it cause people harass you too much, solo queue would still be there for you.

Now, the thread is being derailed to a personal argument.

I think that splitting the queue to solo and team again would be ideal.

Making evenly stacked teams and the 50/50 system are imperative in my view.

Further, the back pack and any future “shiny” should be on a reward track, unrelated to win/loss.

Contrary to popular opinion I agree with putting the back-piece on a reward track. Currently it’s just something you grind for anyways. Putting it on a reward track that perhaps requires a certain amount of participation each season through the use of multiple reward tracks would be a good thing to bring in players to pvp and keep them coming in season after season.

As for rewards for leagues, those could just be exclusive skins since pvp has no use for stats, and it would give you something more than just an icon to show off your prestige. Also, with the back-piece on a reward track, it doesn’t become so important to progress in the leagues, so we can drop all the safety nets and attempt to have your standing in the leagues actually reflect your skill level.

Gate of Madness

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Zynt.5769

I think the best suggestion I’ve seen is seperate queues with seperate rewards. I think that would be the best way to get people to team up. People really do go out of their way to earn new skins and stuff, so I could see something like that working.

The team queue would need a better reward than solo queue for sure, so that it can keep the team queue alive. Hopefully the devs try something like that, as I think it’s a really good suggestion and the best way to keep people queueing for teams.

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

It’s interesting when you’re posting you’re “speaking out…”; when others post against the OP they’re “starting drama.”

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Lol I can’t even keep track of who has what ideals. Both sides are switching back and forth. But I’ll tell yall one thing. This was more then likely one of the most entertaining forum thread I’ve seen in a while. It’s like reading drama but just for nerds.

OP deserves a A+ for bait threading.

But on a more serious note GW2 sPvP is all but a thing of the past now. ANet made too many people angry too kitten fast. People evacuated sPvP faster then people getting into the life boats of the Titanic after the fatal iceberg incident. Tho however unlikely it is still possible for ANet to salvage PvP mode of GW2. But I will not hold my breath.

I was one of those few PvPers back in season 1 and quarter way through season 2, who pvp’ed because he wanted improve himself and become one of the best. But ANet was not having any of that with a solo queuer. They used the back piece trick very well. Players till this day are still slaving away in a game mode that gives no form of entertainment but to those sadist that think lop sided matches are cool.

How can you make a claim that you were one of those “few?”

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

To summarize so far:

There is some agreement that splitting the queue would be ideal, with some provisos;

Any “shiny” reward should be on a reward track and not tied to win/loss.

Team queue would need additional rewards to promote it. Personally I’m not sure on this, but it seems to be a popular idea.

Unbalanced matchmaking is not working and should be scrapped.

Does this sound accurate?

Mesmerising Girl

Best of a Bad Lot

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

We encourage thoughtful discussion, but please refrain from personal attacks. As this thread is no longer constructive, I’m going to lock it.