Best pvp class at this moment

in PvP

Posted by: Martin.9210

Martin.9210

I have played this game for 20 days now and I have a lvl 55 Warrior. Altough I don’t like pvping with him because all the enemies seems to dodge my attacks easy and I really lack of condition removers and escape skills.

So my question to you, what profession should I go for if I want to rock the Mists?

in PvP

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

Oh! Is so easy, you must go for a…
learn how to play your class.

in PvP

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

Warrior. So OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Most warriors are easy if you can dodge.

It really comes down to player skill rather than which class you are. Some classes do have it easier than others but player skill is still the major factor.

in PvP

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Really depends on your focus. If you want a good class for dueling I’d go with ranger, mesmer, thief or (ele). If you are more into being a major pain who just won’t go down with mesmer, guardian or (ele). If you like nuking people you can go mesmer, thief and (warrior and ele). If you enjoy playing in team you might like the necro for the debuffs, mesmer, guardian or ele.

To be honest I’ve rarely been taken down by a warrior unless I already was out of endurance and skills to save me from the burst. Not saying it can’t happen, but most often when I die to a warrior it is because I messed up my skills.

You just have to figure how you like to play. If you have trouble getting to people and want to play a nuke class, try rolling a thief. While still possible to get away from a thief, you’ll have to work much harder to do so, and if the thief is any good he will be hard to kill (invis and dodge all the time).

Just suggestions.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in PvP

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Ele or mesmer. The others aren’t bad, but the top two will remain ele and mesmer for a while.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You really need to learn how to be a person, not a monster.

We have enough monsters in the game without seeing them in the players as well.

If you have nothing nice to say or nothing to contribute, please keep your mouth shut.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You really need to learn how to be a person, not a monster.

We have enough monsters in the game without seeing them in the players as well.

If you have nothing nice to say or nothing to contribute, please keep your mouth shut.

Dude. Chill. He didn’t mean anything in a bad way. He was just getting his point across with a hint of sarcasm. There was never any insulting going on.

NSPride <3

in PvP

atheria.2837

Razor.9872:

I am not a dude.

Apparently you can’t read because it was highly insulting.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

atheria.2837

I have played this game for 20 days now and I have a lvl 55 Warrior. Altough I don’t like pvping with him because all the enemies seems to dodge my attacks easy and I really lack of condition removers and escape skills.

So my question to you, what profession should I go for if I want to rock the Mists?

Best spvp if you want to have fun? Ranger.

Best spvp if you want least amount of buttons? Not really sure, but mesmer didn’t do a thing in spvp with any build I used from anyone.

Warrior I found boring.

I am starting a necro AND an engineer – necros are great at support in spvp, amazing one on one and just fun to watch in general, ergo, starting a new toon with two 80s in the paddock and so many deleted I have lost count.

Cheers! Hope you find a profession you do like.

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

OP, your warrior is kinda at the low end of the pvp spectrum (ok it flat out sucks).

I recently levelled a guardian and while the damage is less, even running with full zerker setup (offensive that is), I can still outlast a fight much longer than I could on my warrior. I also have good condition removal (even passive ones!) and some nice CC. Its not a 1v1 build, but honestly, its a zerg gankfest in pvp (except tpvp) where you’ll end up fighting in groups or against groups and the guardian is very fun in that setting and very important to the team.

Engineer I must also recommend for the coolness factor. All those kits and wacky abilities is great fun. Also another class much much better and more survivable than the warrior who ironically has the highest hp and armor in the game (means nothing).

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

It’s more about the build to start with. Catch a good one (you can find it on forum/youtube/twitch-streams). Keep playing and see the progress. If you feel comfortable with your build and know its pros/cons, you can watch at other classes and their mechanics to understand better how other classes interact with your own.
This can’t be done in a day and needs some effort and time.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

^what he said!

On a side note: Currently beastmasters is the strongest 1v1 build(imo). They provide nothing to a teamfight tho…

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Engineer, good bunkers and dps. Same with guardian. Rest of professions are alright. Thief requires high skill level when you play against good people, but in spvp heartseeker spam works fine.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

OP, your warrior is kinda at the low end of the pvp spectrum (ok it flat out sucks).

B…b..but dem banners!
And signets!
Too OP, need a nerf.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Kirei.1792

Kirei.1792

mesmer and ele best good survival, good dps, good cc and mobility and great presence in tfs, all u need.

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

really sooner or later almost all classes will have their turn being the best or one of the best, so just learn 1 really good then try dabbling in the others.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Most warriors are easy if you can dodge.

because..you know…they’re so op….

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Seryi.7936

Seryi.7936

If you’re going by the amount of moaning on the forums, I’d say Thief or Mesmer.

Otherwise, create a Ranger, Elementalist, Engineer, or Guardian. Plenty of choices.

Tarnished Coast, Thief main, Asura.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Anyway for skill/reward i would say ranger hands down atm after those unecessary buffs…made one and even if you don’t know hot to really play it you can still be effective even vs decent ppl like ele used to be before balance patch, other classes (Ele incuded now) require experience if you want to play good in tpvp, as far as i can see rangers don’t…you can play it for 3 days and go tpvp facerolling a decent amount of ppl…no clue how to use it properly but champ hunter already coming….for sure the easiest champ title i made..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: IceTenacious.4126

IceTenacious.4126

1v1: Ranger (condis)
Their condition damage build is very strong because they’re tanky and most of their damage is unavoidable and I think this is mainly because most condi removal has very high cd.

SPvP: Elementalist (AoE tanky burst) or Ranger (condi)
Ele: ability to roam, I’d suggest a 0/20/0/20/30, AoE build with s/d soliders or berserkers (if you want to burst more). If you need help with elementalists message me on the forums.
Ranger: they have a lot of AoE and can escape most situations with s/d skills.

TPvP: Depends on team composition

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I will say this: A warrior who is 3rd or 4th man into a fight thats already started can kitten some kitten up.

But for me, if someone’s coming to contest a point I’m holding or vice versa, I’d rather be on my guardian or engi.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

I agree with others that warrior is pretty weak in spvp – but they do have some escape and condition cleanse options. I like to run with signet of stamina, lyssa runes, signet of rage and the signet mastery signet – this gives you a good amount of condi cleanses. Also, thanks to defektive I have grown to really like sword warhorn for an offset – horn #4 removes movement impairing conditions and gives you swiftness and sword #2 allows you to leap away after detargeting – these are pretty good for escapes. Also, greatsword has some good mobility skills for escaping as well. And as a warrior, yeap, you will need to escape quite often

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Personally, I play the classes I find the most rewarding.

A lot of classes are very straight forward and have an ‘advantage’ when it comes to skills and balance.

Warriors may not be the best but there have been a handful of Warrior players who have been successful in the tournament scene. It’s an uphill battle and requires a lot more situational awareness than other classes – but it’s doable.

Play what you like, the rest will follow suit.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Contrary to popular belief, all the classes are actually fun and viable in ways. You need to work at it though. You do t really see players who only dabble in all classes rocking the rankings. Pick a flavor that suits you and learn it inside and out, as they say, the rest will come.

Top players are top players for a reason. They generally play the same class religiously and actually push it to its limits. Take Hman for example. He is an exceptional warrior player and any team would be mad to knock him back for a tournament on thier team.

Admittedly he has changed to ranger, point still stands though.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Warrior so OP, STAHP TEH GRAFIX

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.