Best to worst.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Herald – Precision Strike is one of the most ridiculous skills to make it through a balance team in any game. Too many dodges, too many blocks, too many evades. Almost impossible to kite.

Scrapper – Too much damage through defensive skills. Under Herald simple cause they’re easy to kite. Sneak Gyro needs a cast time. Most overpowered heal in the game.

Reaper – A lot of damage. Necessary evil due to Scrapper and Herald’s insane defense.

Druid – Underrated for their decap potential. Currently strongest rezzer. One of the easiest targets to lockdown behind Reaper.

Dragonhunter – By far the most annoying class in the game. Constant daze, invis, block, super speed, and blind spam. Instant cast traps shouldn’t exist.

Daredevil – Weaker version of Herald. Good mobility, good burst. Dies just being near a Scrapper, a Dragonhunter, Precision Strike, or a Tempest (if they used anything other than clerics) because of absurd AoE/passive damage.

Tempest – Time wasters/body blockers.

Chronomancer – The thing you can ignore.

Berserker – Inferior to Herald in every possible way.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Pretty happy with your list, though the scrapper/herald ranking is difficult since I feel a scrapper can mess with a fight more than a herald.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

warrior/berserker – inferior to every class in every possible way, worst designed class NA

(edited by lighter.2708)

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

berserker – inferior to every class in every possible way, worst designed class NA

B-b-but muh Gun Flame…!

Really no idea what they were thinking with this class. The immunity cooldowns, the self-healing, none of it adds up compared to meta and even mid-tier classes. It’s hard to blame Warrior for building glassy when even their “tanky” builds are often dumped on by Scrappers and Reapers.

List is spot-on. I don’t expect to see any Mesmers or Berserkers in competitive play, but I do expect to see TONS of Scrapper/Reaper/Druid/Herald.

Best to worst.

in PvP

lighter.2708

funny how 40% more base heal and 25% more healing power scaling on Mending and still trash

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

funny how 40% more base heal and 25% more healing power scaling on Mending and still trash

If mending could be trained to 16cd it would be a good heal actually.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

I got the feeling that introducing elite specs was a very bad call. Its near impossible to balance all the core classes and elite specs. Especially with the amount of time Anet wants to put into balancing. Maybe they should have just added a new weapon for each class and some extra utility skills.

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

move the tempest to above dragon hunter and youve got yourself a good list; its way better than you think

gerdian

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Druids are easy to lock down? Hahahahaha

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m not sure what we’re ranking them based on but if it’s the ability to take and hold points I’d put Reaper, Scrapper, Druid as a close 123 followed by Herald as maybe 4th or 5th.

(edited by Israel.7056)

Best to worst.

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

Nobody said anything about point holding. I’m talking about overall strength, usefulness, and which classes need to see nerf and buffs.

… I still want tengu.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

I can also refer back to this when I want to know how bad the 23 balance patch is.

… I still want tengu.

Best to worst.

in PvP

lighter.2708

ranger pets > warrior

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

my tier list

ss-tier: (undeniably overpowered)

• Reaper – strongest condition pressure bar none, chill access needs to be reduced. too harsh of a counter against professions dependent on boons (ele/engineer/herald). right now it has no negative matchups; the only 50:50 matchup it seemingly has is Daredevil.

s-tier: (just ever so overpowered)

• Scrapper – hammer coefficients are still insane. hammer offers way too much damage and utility/sustain by itself.
  • Druid – nerf bristleback/smokescale. mostly bristleback. otherwise a well balance profession.
  • Herald – precision strike is overtuned. only thing making it overpowered.

a-tier: (perfectly balanced)

• Daredevil – overall fantastic offensive presence through mobility and damage.
  • Dragonhunter – strong offensive presence through AoE damage/CC/blinds/blocks. almost unrivaled on-point capability.

b-tier: (needs some help)

• Tempest – close to being good; needs a few buffs but im unsure where.
  • Chronomancer – has a really good condition spec but that’s it. out-classed entirely for power dps by thief and revenant.

c-tier: (needs a lot of help)

• beserker – very very few positive matchups; mostly gimmick/niche ones.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Reaper doesn’t do well against Daredevil, some Scrapper builds, some Tempest builds, or decent Druids. I’d hardly say they have “no negative matchups.”

They may be overtuned, but they very much have counters.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

your list is terrible

Best to worst.

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

It’s in reference to GW2 incase you were confused about that.

… I still want tengu.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

I believe sinjects list is more accurate. You overestimate the herald. However both of you underestimate the scrapper. It is the only profession that regulary wins 2v1s against everything but hardcounter matchups. If I see two of them on the enemy team, I know we have lost, whilst matchups against 2, 3 or even 4 necros or revenants work fine (The matchmaking and class diversity is perfect and shall not be questioned)
The dragonhunter is overall ‘balanced’ but I think they could make ‘skilled’ play a little more rewarding.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

sPvP is 5v5 so 4 classes will undeniably but subjectivly be considered “bad” and “underpowered” when it comes to bringing the “best”… no matter how much you balance. All that the sPvP class ranking forum hype does is add powercreep that completely kitten over WvW and PvE.

But I digress.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

One thing though. The decap druid and the res bot druid are two different builds.

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Every class except maybe Berzerk is broken and a perfect example for failed design

Herald → Boonspam, unkiteable, unfun to play against, 100 passives to carry noobs, load of blocks and way too much sustain

Druid → obviously way too much sustain, too much dmg on f2, unfun because of amount of daze and all this kitten , just perfect power creep

Scrapper → way too tanky on Marodeur, Hammer has way too much utility and absurde damage, free might stack, way too high retaliation uptime, stealth wtf…, 6sec passive protect on heal? 20% reduced condi dmg and armor buff? passives regen?

Reaper → Condi spam, way too high Chill uptime, i actually think boon corrupt is ok but dont give reaper shroud stability this should be his weakness

DD→ if everythink else receives a nerf, he should too, very unfun to play against on a necro for example because of high evade uptime ( this may be fine, but its another example of bad design ),

Chronomancer→ seems pretty balanced, its burst is too high for pre 23june level but thats just the power creep..

Tempest→ healbot with cleric amulet or oneshotted glasscanon…idk how to save that one, but its definetly not fine compared to pre 23June meta

Dragonhunter→ he is not very strong on a competitive level but the amount of daze, interrupts and blocks is not healthy for the game, high damage on Longbow 2 to compensate overall damage another bad design….

All in all the amount of blocks, boons, evades, damage and everything became way too high
Just tune everything down and preferably bring back the Point system for build diversity..

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

my tier list

ss-tier: (undeniably overpowered)

• Reaper – strongest condition pressure bar none, chill access needs to be reduced. too harsh of a counter against professions dependent on boons (ele/engineer/herald). right now it has no negative matchups; the only 50:50 matchup it seemingly has is Daredevil.

:DD troll spotted.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Reaper can have hard time vs Daredevil, Scrapper Druid Tempest. Burst mesmer also can cause trouble one mistake or something and reaper dead in some sec vs skilled mesmer.
Well it’s rare when i meet skilled mesmer as a reaper, but your hp can go to 0 really fast and they are also skilled at controlling their class to avoid most of the damage.
Lower skilled mesmers are easy kills as they don’t have skills to use their class to avoid damage and also doing lower damage.
I also killed some reapers with base warrior.
It was a good fun after reading everywhere reaper how OP and Super Superior OP tier. So i’ve killed a lot of reapers with gs/hammer warrior.
After a while most of the time reaper run away when they see me 1v1 but after that they teamed up and started to gank me till the end of the game
Reaper don’t have enough LF everytime. If your prof can avoid their skills generate LF its even worse.
Really up to how skilled the player is you ara against and using his prof at max potential or come here and whine because got killed by a reaper. which is like only #4 or #5 for tpvp without babysitting.
Its just starts to be less viable after 1v1 or 2v2 and require babysitting support.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

I have a feeling the ranking is different in stronghold, given how necros (condi reaper or MM), rangers (staff/longbow) and guardians (traps/longbow) are really common, while revenants, warriors and thieves are a rare sight (edit: actually just thieves).

(edited by Adrian Guardian.9480)

Best to worst.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Tempest-> healbot with cleric amulet or oneshotted glasscanon…idk how to save that one, but its definetly not fine compared to pre 23June meta

Bad comparison. Ele was incredibly OP in the meta you reference. Everyone ran two of them for a reason.