Big balance updates vs small patches

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Hey, I’m no game designer, but I have a keyboard, so I’m gonna type what I think anyway.

Big balance updates every 4-6 months is a bad practice. It makes the community to wait for too long, the metagame remains stale, problems go untouched. On the other hand, what if you introduce small, but frequent balance changes every two weeks? Or even weekly, if the situation demands it? In the current game where sustain matters so much, changing a few percentages may push certain classes in or out of the meta. Furthermore, even a small buff will motivate players to experiment with abandoned classes and builds, discovering new ways to play and possibly shaking things up just a little bit.

Just some food for thought from a nobody.

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Small changes aren’t going to change if a class has underlying mechanical problems.

Revenant just brings the same problem to the table as Thief had for 3 years now.
It’s funny that they made the same mistake twice. No cooldown abilities don’t work.

As of right now, those abilities on Revenant are on the same level as other classes have with cooldown. That was the cases with Thief aswell. And the result is things get spammed like there is no tomorrow. Like how much evade Rev has in Legendary Assassin, or the amount of condi pressure in Legendary Demon.

Without cooldowns the very mechanic of Revenant is broken, just like Thief initiative mechanic is broken. They will have to nerf the effectiveness on the Rev skills until they reach a point where they are so bad that they become as effective as a normal cooldown skill if used ~3 times in a row.

They have to change class mechanics if they don’t work, not try for years to make them work.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I thought with the league structure they would be planning on running balance passes every league, or every second league.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Why do people refer to this as if they’re mutually exclusive all the time
Small changes ~monthly to iterate on “working, but flawed”
Big changes every ~3 months+ to rework “fundamentally broken”

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Big changes every ~3 months+ to rework “fundamentally broken”

This is really really bad. I didn’t watch the ESL but I have heard a lot of very bad things about it. They really can’t bide their time; their hands are tied a bit by the current PvP league, but it needs to be fixed asap.

Nalhadia – Kaineng