Biggest trash talkers during pvp

in PvP

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I’m not a huge PvP person. I have about 700 matches on my necromancer main. I’m not great but I do pretty well and am usually right around the top in points. But lately I have been noticing a huge increase in people being blatant jerks in matches. The part I find funny is that 98% of the time the biggest loudmouths are people playing a faceroll class/build that somehow need to spout of brilliant comments like “pwned”, “yawn”, and “L2P” any time they manage to mash one or two buttons to get there free kill. Mind you usually off point and accomplishing about nothing as far as helping there team or contributing to the outcome of the match. So in the spirit of these super leet pvp gods gracing us with there presence I ask to hear your tales of the best trash talkers. What class, build, race, or team have you seen as the biggest interwebs tough guy/gal? Maybe even your specific stories as to the funniest motor mouth you have come across is the mists.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Mostly thieves.

If someone is being an idiot, add them to ignore. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Disparity.7814

Disparity.7814

im the best engi NA. enough said.

Stev

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It seems to be thieves that are the most trakittenalky for whatever reason. In a recent pub match I had some thief dive what was roughly 5 of us, die practically instantly and then say in broken garbled english “lmao took whole team to kill me”.

I just laugh at these people, they’re obviously taking a kitten pub match far, far too seriously.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I really only add folks to ignore if they are really out of control cursing or being very derogatory. Other than that I mainly leave them on for the entertainment value. Lately the biggest ones I have seen are scantily clad female human thieves. Bad Girls!!!

(edited by kailin.4905)

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Its usually on thieves or warriors that I see that kind of reaction. Ive noticed on other games too that their equivalent version of those classes attact them. Theres something about carrying a gs or being a wannabe assassin and having an ego. Guess they just think they have a cool character..

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I don’t like hotjoins but there are a few decent tourney teams that are big into verbal abuse. No biggie, click block and done.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Mostly thieves yes, but I guess that class caters for a special type of players a lot more than the other classes, and when they get stomped, it’s like somebody snatched their candy…
Collected quite a few screenshots by now with people typing stupid comments and whispers, and I’d say 4 out 5 are from thieves, lol!

:)

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Noticed a d/d ele doing this recently. In a public match where people may or may not be testing new/quirky builds.

Just change the chat channel and ignore.

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

honestly, any class that gets beaten by a Backstab thief. I main a thief and it’s insane how much trakittenalk you get for instagibbin’ people.

I noticed people ragequitting as well now and then.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Trash talk in hotjoin is fun, it makes things interesting.

I’m honestly dumbfounded at the extremely silent matches here at gw2. Must be because it’s not a free game but still…

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I’ve only seen a thief trash talk once.
Necro’s and Mesmers.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Depends on what prof/spec ive just killed. Ill taunt a shatter mesmer, d/p thieves and d/d ele cuz playing these specs is borderline cheating and all the good pvpers know it. Only anet is to blame though. Cant hate on players who use these soft exploits but u can suggest they pick up a more skill-based spec, I.e. stop facerolling and get some skills.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Nerva, the skill-based spec inspector. Good joke.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

nerva.7940

Someone has to do it. Cant ask all the power trippers to give up their favourite faceroll to boycott crap that hasnt been addressed in 6 months. I hope no one is wondering at this point why spvp is dead.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Credo.1274

Credo.1274

Depends on what prof/spec ive just killed. Ill taunt a shatter mesmer, d/p thieves and d/d ele cuz playing these specs is borderline cheating and all the good pvpers know it. Only anet is to blame though. Cant hate on players who use these soft exploits but u can suggest they pick up a more skill-based spec, I.e. stop facerolling and get some skills.

Good joke, it seems like your just mad that those 3 classes with those particular weapons destroy you. Really though enlighten me as in how D/P Thief is “borderline cheating” when it takes so much more skill base then D/D Thief.

in PvP

nerva.7940

Not a joke, not mad.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

I’ve mostly run into trakittenalking in hotjoins and this usually games from frustrated players who are new to the game or people playing cheese Mac cheese for trolling sake (I’m looking at you stealth heavy unicorn thieves).

I’ve had a few bad experiences with teams who are sore losers and will whisper you with QQ when you clutch win against their premade with a random pug. Big egos are dangerous.

To fight that I try to set up a good atmosphere before each match and it seems people are suprised by that, but it often works to have a fun match. I was suprised that the common “gl&hf” attitude is pretty much non-existant in this community.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Good joke, it seems like your just mad that those 3 classes with those particular weapons destroy you. Really though enlighten me as in how D/P Thief is “borderline cheating” when it takes so much more skill base then D/D Thief.

Uhm … what? Why does D/P take more skill? They have more options, but that is not the same as requiring more skill.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

D/d backstab combo is much easier to land.
D/p is a lil tricky to play, but yes has more options. Its harder to land the backstabs though.

If you ever play thief you will see this.

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Uhm … what? Why does D/P take more skill? They have more options, but that is not the same as requiring more skill.

Agreed. More effective backstab combo, more utility from pistol and due to that a bit higher skillceiling than d/d, but imo it requires just as little skill as regular d/d to be effective. It’s a really good build though.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

D/d backstab combo is much easier to land.
D/p is a lil tricky to play, but yes has more options. Its harder to land the backstabs though.

If you ever play thief you will see this.

Oh I did/do, and I by pretty far prefer prefer D/P over D/D … a field + an interrupt over DD and CnD is not even a question in my book, but whatever And yes, it is a bit harder to land BS … but not really by much, once you learn the build?
I still prefer S/P, but that is just because I am weird and don’t play gc … .

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well I have a tendency to /s 22222222222222222222 every time I poop on a HS spammer. Other then that, I don’t notice if ppl talk trash because I just don’t care.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Not a joke, not mad.

dis guy …

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

13 year olds.

Oh, class.

In my experience, Thieves, Warriors, Mesmers.
I see it in others, but those are the big 3.

Well I have a tendency to /s 22222222222222222222 every time I poop on a HS spammer. Other then that, I don’t notice if ppl talk trash because I just don’t care.

I do that too, bonus points if you do it while they are spamming HS and then poop on them afterwards and give them another about of the 2’s during the finisher.
They tend to get upset about it though.

25/90 never forget.

(edited by clipnotdone.9634)

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

honestly, any class that gets beaten by a Backstab thief. I main a thief and it’s insane how much trakittenalk you get for instagibbin’ people.

I noticed people ragequitting as well now and then.

HAHA totally this. If I am playing thief and I decide to play some backstab… you get a comment or two EVERY bout.

“Enjoy the nerf”
“effing thieves”
“222222”
“L2P”

Best way of dealing with it from then on is to grief the living daylights out of the bigmouth. They will quit.

Tiger

in PvP

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

I’m one of these trash talkers If you’re in Desolation you already know

in PvP

Posted by: cdave.7140

cdave.7140

i have a funny story about a trash talking thief. the other day i droped into a hot join just hit the play now and ended up in a match that was 2v1 2 on my team and a thief. so jump down from the spawn and start typing asking if they wanted to go mid and duel before i could finish typing i got hit with 3 heartseekers and was dead. at this point my teammate left and the thief was laughing and jumping up and down on my body and said another noob to make leave. he was obviously just camping the spawn. i play ranger so i respawn jump down wait about 2 secs and i use my wolf f2 howl and run towards the point i as im running i see the thief come out osf stealth still feared by my wolf i send my wolf after him he gets the knockdown now im standing on the point and the thief says what you scared ranger you should be i eat rangers for lunch i simply respond with NO thinking im going to down you and cap the point. i see him stealth out so i drop torch 5 and wait for his attack he uses hs right in to my fire and almost dies from burning while im evading with dodges and sword abilities he stealths and runs still tras talking mind you this goes on 3 more times i cap the point and then he says i hate dodge rangers they are for noobs l2p a real class and left. i never killed him but i felt victorius i made him leave like he was making others leave

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I almost never used to get trash talked when I played my Necro or Ele.

You want some guaranteed rage though? Kill anyone as a thief. Build / spec / weapon, doesn’t matter. If you kill them in 1v1, chances are likely you will get hate tells.

So I guess to answer the topic: Any class if I’m on my thief, but especially warriors for some reason.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Let’s see theres the people who like to trash talk when they lose 2v1 in a free tourney, and whisper “Omg, you have to beat me 2v1!! You so noob!! L2P!!” block (I guess they are afraid of any responces back. Last time I checked, this was a team game.)

There’s the pretentious folk who jump at any moment possible to start an arguement. Someone started a fit with me one day after I got frustrated in a 2v2 against two thieves. They downed my partner in stealth, so I was a little annoyed and said something deragitory about stealth in map chat. Then said random person proceeded to ramble about how I needed to learn to play because I died, and that stealth and thieves were fine? Lol?

Lastly, if a game frustrates you so much, stop playing, take a break. There are times where I chase people down after they kill me 2v1, if I beat them, I just jump on their corpse. Actually, you dont need to trash talk. Just jump on someones corpse, they will get the message.

(edited by mongolianmisfit.8350)

in PvP

Posted by: Mehlkee.6804

Mehlkee.6804

Problem is some hotjoin thieves tend to get a big head because they can go around max out glory, never die if they are decent, and be a game changer in the chaos that is hotjoin. There’s alot of these, usually they are sub par thieves though and not even decent that are talking smack.

Same thing with elementalists alot of them actually think they are good in hotjoins, quite sad.

Then you have the thieves who talk smack are over confident but have a sense you’re getting frustrated with them, and thus see this as a great opportunity to go trolling.

It could just be friendly banter and seeing as how you’re at home in a cage not socializing it’s difficult to react to kitten who think they are just being friendly by talking smack.

Yesterday I ran around trying to 1-2 shot people with warrior rifle in hotjoins burst, and everytime I got a 10k ish crit an kill shot I would say “Head shot” in chat, a couple people didn’t appreciate it.

(edited by Mehlkee.6804)

in PvP

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

Yeah, I’ve noticed this a lot recently too. Funnily enough, 9/10 it seems to be people who are fresh out of LA and under r10 with little grasp of what they’re doing, running their mouths at others, insulting, gloating after being carried the entire match etc etc. Don’t know what caused the sudden influx of idiots, but its filling up my ignore list fast..

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

Panda God full stop, best trash talker EU

in PvP

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

<—-Best Trash Talk Universe

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

1.) asura thieves
2.) other thieves
3.) 100b warriors mostly 1st timers on warr

Dumb poeple talk trash. Dumb poeple think dumb. Example:
“omg im sooo small and sneaky. im so pro.”

then they jump in middle of 5-8 swords and aoes -.-

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Prana.8690

Prana.8690

In hot-joins I trash talk as part of the game within the game. I usually try to tick a few people off and that usually leads to them trying to focus on me rather than on the objective. Whenever they see me they see red and give chase, so I lead them away from the control points and either kill them or keep them tied up long enough for the rest of my team to control the map.

Of course it doesn’t always work out, if for instance my team isn’t focused on playing the objective, but I’ve had reasonable success with it.

in PvP

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your input and contributions up to this point. However, this thread does not really invite to any healthy discussion about the game and therefore we have decided to close it.