Blablabla

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: zHasgard.9827

zHasgard.9827

With the coming of the leaderboard, the game become more competitive, but it is not necessarily a good thing. I’m a player who likes to play ranked in any game that i’m playing, but something that bothers me and many others in the competitive of gw2 is that your skill level is not measured individually, which is a big mistake. I got a lot of fun in season 4 spvp because i was not afraid to lost my rank,was not afraid to play a fun build and get penalized by this, gw2 is a really fun game with tons of variations builds,but some works much better than others,especially in pvp. Ranked should be soloq? No. We have the right to have fun with friends playing ranked arenas as well, but the system is just failing a lot. I probably was reported more than 5 times in the last 2 days by being afk in ranked matches (i’m a idiot,dont do this!) i got totally random people against very strong ones, most people in spvp just go mid and feed,etc… Of course you can carry a game with a duo, but not always. This game became 100% RNG,you need to be lucky to get a team who helps you and using a build that is effective in pvp. Spvp needs some changes,soon no one will play spvp cuz it’s getting too STRESSFUL,there’s no . Now the most important, condition meta in spvp is just super cancer because condi CLEANSE is 100% rng… now i’ll post some recent prints of my experiences this season for you guys. That was a lot of talking,sorry.

Attachments:

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

You lost me at “Condi cleanse is 100% RNG”. it is not.

Blablabla

in PvP

zHasgard.9827

It is,if you clear 2 condis and you have 2 stacks of confusion,3 of torment and + 9 stacks of burn you have a chance to dont cleanse the burn.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

You will ALWAYS cleanse the last condition applied to you. Only conversion is random.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You will ALWAYS cleanse the last condition applied to you. Only conversion is random.

This is a true story. If you get a run of condis on you (say in this order…6 burn, 3 poison, 4 torment, cripple and 5 bleed), the condi cleanses will work backwards (last condi first so the bleed will go, followed by cripple, then torment…etc).

Def not RNG

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Side note:

A skill that apply multiple conditions will apply them in the order that they read down the skill.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

You clean the last x conditions applied to you, then if you fight a mesmer you have a high chance to clean confusion or torment, if you fight a burn guardian is probably at 90% that you’ll clean burn because it’s the only condition the guardian is able to spam.
That system can grant you few problems in team fights where the enemy spam cripple, vulenrability, weakness or other conditions, eventually making you miss to clean the damaging conditions. That’s also a tactic, frequently used by necros to try to keep they’re conditions up.

Anyway you have enough burst damage with your guardian to kill condi builds fast enough to make them unable to spam conditions on you. Also you can obtain tons of condi clean. Condi smite clean 2 conditions, F2 clean conditions, F3 can clean 1 condition every sec when you block (but you lost your Lb knockback trait, you need to chose what’s better based on the enemy team composition).

Anyway, I won 10 consecutive matches but before i lost 6 consecutive matches. In the actual situation you can’t make a team and can’t chose whu play with you. You can bring a friend with you but that’s not enough to make your team win if you find bad players or a bad team composition.
ANet do his best using the players choices (solo/quoQ) but can’t force players to be good. They use a win/rate statistic to make “balanced” teams but that’s not enough because a mediocre player can be lucky and find good players and win or you can be unlucky finding a bad player that make you lose the match.

The ranked is a Roulette, nothing more.
Do your best and hope to find players that know what they’re doing.
Play classes able to carry the team (thief to decap, ele to support, mesmer to kill-decap-movement, and more). Try to learn to play more classes as possible and change your class when you need to.

In the actual sPvP ranked you only have to do your best and be lucky, nothing more.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: huehuehueh.5106

huehuehueh.5106

lol this guy has no idea what is going on

QCP Leader

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

It is,if you clear 2 condis and you have 2 stacks of confusion,3 of torment and + 9 stacks of burn you have a chance to dont cleanse the burn.

As noted by others before you, it is not. Condi cleanses cleanse in a specific order. Good players know when to cleanse and not to cleanse, just like good condi players know to pad their condis.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Spvp needs some changes,soon no one will play spvp cuz it’s getting too STRESSFUL

I feel it’s become the opposite of stressful; there’s no reason to really get invested, which has caused my own personal play time in PvP to nose dive significantly. I haven’t played a single game this season, nor do I plan to. It’s partially the fault of ArenaNet for their lack of punishment, but it’s a truthfully dreadful playerbase that populates this game mode and the game at large.

During the early seasons, players would manipulate matches in their favor by queuing into Stronghold late at night with a full five-man team of alts and literally farm wins for their main accounts. Some got so efficient at this that they turned this into a service, and sold wins for gold. I reported people in my own guild that were doing this. What do you think happened to them?

Nothing.

Season five suffered from rampant “decay gaming,” where players would intentionally log off the game for three days to force a rating decay, which increased their match volatility and allowed them to gain 20-30 rating per win instead of the normal 5-8. Through this method certain individuals were able to hit like 2000 rating in season five while everyone else was struggling just reaching 1800 seeing single-digit rating changes per win. What do you think happened to the people that did this?

Nothing.

They did manage to fix the situation down the road, later in the season—but they absolutely refused to reset player ratings and the damage was already done. The top 250 ended up being full of mostly players that decay-gamed their accounts.

The truth of the matter is that the NA playerbase deserves nothing from ArenaNet, at least as it pertains to ranked PvP.

Whatever inch ArenaNet gives players to abuse, they take a mile. Guild teams were populated by duplicate rosters when the system first started, and certain “pro” players on the NA side of things similarly chose to fill the top 250 leaderboard in season five with over half a dozen different accounts just because they could.

Truth is, you can blame balance or ArenaNet for the status quo, and I certainly do as it pertains to their soft-touch approach to match and rating manipulators. But you can really lay the majority of the blame on the PvP player base that some how manage to shoot themselves in the foot and hedge their own momentum. The same thing is already happening with automated tournaments, where certain guild teams are lowballing their qualifying points for the monthly so they can beat up on low-seeded teams rather than just play the mode normally.

There is absolutely nothing to be stressed over, because there is absolutely no reason to feel invested. Either play it or don’t. It’s just a game, anyway.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Blablabla

in PvP

zHasgard.9827

You clean the last x conditions applied to you, then if you fight a mesmer you have a high chance to clean confusion or torment, if you fight a burn guardian is probably at 90% that you’ll clean burn because it’s the only condition the guardian is able to spam.
That system can grant you few problems in team fights where the enemy spam cripple, vulenrability, weakness or other conditions, eventually making you miss to clean the damaging conditions. That’s also a tactic, frequently used by necros to try to keep they’re conditions up.

Anyway you have enough burst damage with your guardian to kill condi builds fast enough to make them unable to spam conditions on you. Also you can obtain tons of condi clean. Condi smite clean 2 conditions, F2 clean conditions, F3 can clean 1 condition every sec when you block (but you lost your Lb knockback trait, you need to chose what’s better based on the enemy team composition).

Anyway, I won 10 consecutive matches but before i lost 6 consecutive matches. In the actual situation you can’t make a team and can’t chose whu play with you. You can bring a friend with you but that’s not enough to make your team win if you find bad players or a bad team composition.
ANet do his best using the players choices (solo/quoQ) but can’t force players to be good. They use a win/rate statistic to make “balanced” teams but that’s not enough because a mediocre player can be lucky and find good players and win or you can be unlucky finding a bad player that make you lose the match.

Play classes able to carry the team (thief to decap, ele to support, mesmer to kill-decap-movement, and more). Try to learn to play more classes as possible and change your class when you need to.

In the actual sPvP ranked you only have to do your best and be lucky, nothing more.

Funny thing is that you’re only seeing the perspective of DH about condi clear,and burn guards can do much more than burn, they have blind,cripple,slow,vulnerability
and burns +(poison with doom sigils). You just dont understand that burn guards for example can spam all of this condis? If you are a thief that only removes 3 condis and you are in a 3v3 situation, you will get TROLLED by your condi clear,you have a big chance to remove blind or cripple or any other non-dmg condi while you have 27 stacks of poison from a condi thief. You only thinking about 1v1 zzz. And i dont complain only when i lose, last week i got 2 duos in my team and it was RIDICULOUS. Enemy team got 101% DESTROYED. And get a win streak is 101% luck,i got 23 wins consecutive 2 weeks ago,10 is nothing… this game is all about RNG. And anet is not doing OK for Guild Wars 2 atm, this game is huge, and everywhere you go there’s bugs in there, have you ever done Keep Construct? Every patch this boss come with a new bug, where’s the VB LFG? And how about wvw? How about the WALL BUGS that a lot of players are using this to win matches? I know every game have problems, bugs, etc, but why soo many?

Attachments:

Blablabla

in PvP

zHasgard.9827

Spvp needs some changes,soon no one will play spvp cuz it’s getting too STRESSFUL

I feel it’s become the opposite of stressful; there’s no reason to really get invested, which has caused my own personal play time in PvP to nose dive significantly. I haven’t played a single game this season, nor do I plan to. It’s partially the fault of ArenaNet for their lack of punishment, but it’s a truthfully dreadful playerbase that populates this game mode and the game at large.

During the early seasons, players would manipulate matches in their favor by queuing into Stronghold late at night with a full five-man team of alts and literally farm wins for their main accounts. Some got so efficient at this that they turned this into a service, and sold wins for gold. I reported people in my own guild that were doing this. What do you think happened to them?

Nothing.

Season five suffered from rampant “decay gaming,” where players would intentionally log off the game for three days to force a rating decay, which increased their match volatility and allowed them to gain 20-30 rating per win instead of the normal 5-8. Through this method certain individuals were able to hit like 2000 rating in season five while everyone else was struggling just reaching 1800 seeing single-digit rating changes per win. What do you think happened to the people that did this?

Nothing.

They did manage to fix the situation down the road, later in the season—but they absolutely refused to reset player ratings and the damage was already done. The top 250 ended up being full of mostly players that decay-gamed their accounts.

The truth of the matter is that the NA playerbase deserves nothing from ArenaNet, at least as it pertains to ranked PvP.

Whatever inch ArenaNet gives players to abuse, they take a mile. Guild teams were populated by duplicate rosters when the system first started, and certain “pro” players on the NA side of things similarly chose to fill the top 250 leaderboard in season five with over half a dozen different accounts just because they could.

Truth is, you can blame balance or ArenaNet for the status quo, and I certainly do as it pertains to their soft-touch approach to match and rating manipulators. But you can really lay the majority of the blame on the PvP player base that some how manage to shoot themselves in the foot and hedge their own momentum. The same thing is already happening with automated tournaments, where certain guild teams are lowballing their qualifying points for the monthly so they can beat up on low-seeded teams rather than just play the mode normally.

There is absolutely nothing to be stressed over, because there is absolutely no reason to feel invested. Either play it or don’t. It’s just a game, anyway.

All you said is true… i remember you from season 5,really good engi.

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Nothing.

Nothing.

…and this is how pvp going to lose normal players so only some bots, occasional pve’ers doing daily and cheaters will be left :/ I went from 300+ matches per season to required 120 personally.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Blablabla

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Funny thing is that you’re only seeing the perspective of DH about condi clear,and burn guards can do much more than burn, they have blind,cripple,slow,vulnerability
and burns +(poison with doom sigils). You just dont understand that burn guards for example can spam all of this condis? If you are a thief that only removes 3 condis and you are in a 3v3 situation, you will get TROLLED by your condi clear,you have a big chance to remove blind or cripple or any other non-dmg condi while you have 27 stacks of poison from a condi thief. You only thinking about 1v1 zzz. And i dont complain only when i lose, last week i got 2 duos in my team and it was RIDICULOUS. Enemy team got 101% DESTROYED. And get a win streak is 101% luck,i got 23 wins consecutive 2 weeks ago,10 is nothing… this game is all about RNG. And anet is not doing OK for Guild Wars 2 atm, this game is huge, and everywhere you go there’s bugs in there, have you ever done Keep Construct? Every patch this boss come with a new bug, where’s the VB LFG? And how about wvw? How about the WALL BUGS that a lot of players are using this to win matches? I know every game have problems, bugs, etc, but why soo many?

Thief has some of the best direct condition clear in the game and is one of the least affected by this so called RNG condition removal. If you are relying on a single cleanse in a 3v3 you should expect to be very vulnerable to conditions if focused just as you would to power if focused.

The number of cleanses the thief takes and the nature of them is totally in his control and is hardly a RNG. In fact well played they can be better at removing DAMAGING conditions when needed, bypassing the cover conditions than can any other profession.

PR, HIS, GI , SE all go directly after damaging conditions as does withdraw to an extent and things like RFI, Withdraw and UC can all target covers that can help to ensure your more random condition removal such as Shadowstep and EA work more efficiently at getting to damaging.

(edited by babazhook.6805)