in PvP

Posted by: bethekey.8314

bethekey.8314

Easy enough to implement. Why not?

Black Lion Keys for Ranked Wins

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, but they will not do it, because i think black lion keys is one of their best sellers in the gem store.

do you have any idea how many people actually load up their gems with real dollars in order to buy lots of black lion keys?

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Bad idea,although i never buy keys myself you do have to remember Anet needs an income.And there are people that do spend money on keys,to everyone their own.But they shouldnt be dropping for free like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

if you practice you can get key farming down to 14 minutes, about the time it takes for a ranked game, except its a guaranteed win each time :P
(also Executioner’s Axe is a must!)

also agreed, they’d never do this, i’m amazed that they let us still keyfarm,
but to offer them out for every tournament win would never happen.

(unless they bring something like tournament tickets back so you have to spend gems to enter tournaments.)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Agreed. A-net needs a viable income. I don’t always agree with decisions they made in terms of profession changes, but I do want to see them remain viable and earn an income for their continued work.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

if you practice you can get key farming down to 14 minutes, about the time it takes for a ranked game, except its a guaranteed win each time :P
(also Executioner’s Axe is a must!)

also agreed, they’d never do this, i’m amazed that they let us still keyfarm,
but to offer them out for every tournament win would never happen.

(unless they bring something like tournament tickets back so you have to spend gems to enter tournaments.)

I think key farm is the reason why the loot in the chests is so terrible

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

do you have any idea how many people actually load up their gems with real dollars in order to buy lots of black lion keys?

do you? i’m actually genuinely curious

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

probably about 3 people

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i dun. but i think there must be a lot of people who do that, in the past, at least.

as in the past, i have seen many complaints in the PvE forum (general discussions) about many people claiming to have “bought” many black lion keys via loading real cash for gems and did not like what they get from the black lion chests.

truth be told i have no actual data though.

in PvP

Posted by: bethekey.8314

bethekey.8314

I disagree that Anet needs or even relies on gem purchases specifically for Black Lion keys as a means of support. If anyone here actually had Anet’s data on the subject, I bet you would see an overall decline in key purchases over time with spikes shortly after ticket weapon skin releases.

The exchange rate of gold to gems is putting more pressure on the average player to decide whether or not their time is worth more than a gem card purchase. No longer is a Black Lion key a minor indulgence; it hurts when the gamble doesn’t pay off. I for one know that if I ever spent real money for in game items, I would want a definite return (ie. buying skins directly). For the sake of repeat purchases, it is probably best for Anet to focus on offering quality items that will not leave a customer feeling cheated.

There is a clear (massive) discrepancy between the amount of Black Lion chests and keys made available to the average player in the game. More subjectively, I feel there is another discrepancy between the difficulty of attaining a key and the chances of receiving a worthwhile reward. Increasing key availability in PvP via Ranked wins or reward tracks is one potential way to address these issues and help PvP in the process.

in PvP

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I think at the end of every reward tier inside the vet/champ box should be a BLK, If people can still farm bLK’s why aren’t there other ways to get them? (other than map complete)

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I see no problem with adding a reward track that gives a black lion key at the end. It defently consumes more time than key farming. But the questions is, is there anything good in it for pvpers? We only want the weapon skins, so maybe let them add the tickets as reward. But then the question ist how much time should 1 ticket consume because normally there would be the rng envolved.
So I like the idea but I think it can’t be implemented.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yeah a reward track would be a good idea, or offer them with final reward chest of tracks,
it could even get people interested into buying more keys

in PvP

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I see no problem with adding a reward track that gives a black lion key at the end. It defently consumes more time than key farming. But the questions is, is there anything good in it for pvpers? We only want the weapon skins, so maybe let them add the tickets as reward. But then the question ist how much time should 1 ticket consume because normally there would be the rng envolved.
So I like the idea but I think it can’t be implemented.

Considering sPvP was streamlined with pve equipment and what not; all in all you’re still going for the same reward; what else is the point of the vet/champ boxes that just give mystic clovers/obsid shards/etc, those regularly arent’ usable in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

/signed.

No realy, key farmers do it in 20min , so there what difference do those 20ppl in pvp make even if they did get one here and then?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unlikely to happen, as key sales are a large part of ANet’s income.

BUT… I think it may be possible to have a once-only PvP reward track that did include Black Lion Keys as part of the rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

Once only is kinda lame. Can we have it as a monthly thing? Where at the end you get 5 keys or something?