Blocked

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: wolfer.7945

wolfer.7945

So i have to ask. why is it that I get teamed up with people who are on my blocked list. It is short. But its mostly people who leave when they see a thief or two on a team. or just quit after we are behind by 35 points.

I really don’t want to have a match with or against them. Yet it seems like i get paired up with them more after I block them.

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Blocking a person do not exclude them from being paired up with you in any part of the game, you just don’t have to see what they write in any of the chats.
The block you ask for is something we all have asked for a long time since there are people i just do not wish to interact with for reasons like you mention, or in dungeons, fractals, or the like. Not all blocks are result of chat abuse, sometimes i want to exclude them to avoid waisting my time on people that are abusing the game mode. Hopefully this will be a thing they look in to now when f2p accounts comes in to play.

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

This would never work and I pray anet doesn’t give in to trying this. Simply for the following reason:

Enemy better than you? Block him so you have a higher chance of winning next time. 5 stack beating your 5 stack? Block them so you won’t match against them. Dislike a teammate for XYZ reason. Block them. In a bad mood and somebody ticks you off. Block them.

Oh look, there’s nobody to play with. Guess I’ll yell at anet for my 20+ minute queue because their mm system is trash.

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

I have many thousand in blocklist. 1 hour queue time yay

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

I have many thousand in blocklist. 1 hour queue time yay

Oh yeah you’re the person that blocked me for playing cele necro :p are you trying to achieve the biggest block list EU?

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: DruidiN.2817

DruidiN.2817

This would never work and I pray anet doesn’t give in to trying this. Simply for the following reason:

Enemy better than you? Block him so you have a higher chance of winning next time. 5 stack beating your 5 stack? Block them so you won’t match against them. Dislike a teammate for XYZ reason. Block them. In a bad mood and somebody ticks you off. Block them.

Oh look, there’s nobody to play with. Guess I’ll yell at anet for my 20+ minute queue because their mm system is trash.

He doesn’t want to be in the same team. They can be in the same queue with him but in another team.

In the good old days I added people i don’t like in my friend list just to see if they are in queue or not and wait till they join in a game to enter the queue.

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

>block everyone
>complain why you never get queues.

on topic:

if theres 8 people ready to go, and one person has five people blocked of that set, then the game cant start and they all miss out

That seems like it could easily be a lot of potential gaming lost over already-dealt-with personal differences.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Blocked

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

He doesn’t want to be in the same team. They can be in the same queue with him but in another team.

In the good old days I added people i don’t like in my friend list just to see if they are in queue or not and wait till they join in a game to enter the queue.

Sadly that doesn’t matter as it will be abused by players. Block everyone but top tier players to increase your win chance as you will only be teamed with them.