Blowouts do not stop

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

I’d like to join the bandwagon of happy boys praising the matchmaking system if matches actually balanced out as leagues progressed. They do not.

I crawled out of loss streak hell but, some people who rode the fake MMR wave to 3rd and 4th division are now facing the music. I had matches where I got 40-50 scores and I know how exactly it feels. I can commiserate with the folks who simply getting stuck now after a fake ride up. It ain’t pleasant.

The blowouts are real. They do not stop as you go up the division. This was NOT the case last season. I honestly hope ANET comes up with a solution. People are bitter. I hardly ever had a match where people did not say gg after winning a game. This season, after wins, I barely see it. And it makes sense. There is no gg in winning 500-50 or losing that way.

To those who are having hard time, please space out your games. Gather and get rich in between games. Troll the fake riders. Troll ’em hard. Then queue back and win your games. GL.

Attachments:

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I know how it is man, I’m still in emerald myself. This matchmaking is from the twilight zone.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Somehow the matchmaker guy figured out a way to make matches even worse in Ruby than they were in Amber. Grats ANET. That is hard to do.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Problem at higher divisions is that you play with exactly the same set of people again and again and again. To make things worse, if you are stuck w/ a scrub then you are stuck with the scrub till one of you stop playing. I had 3 matches tonight with same mesmer on my team. In fact, in 2 matches, 2 ppl out of the four were same. All Solo Queuers. The thing is if the players are good, you will ride the wave up the tiers and if these players are bad, you will still ride the wave but, it will be in an undesirable direction. There is literally no way out other than stop playing for the time being. I did exactly that. I play max 3 matches in one sitting now.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Somehow the matchmaker guy figured out a way to make matches even worse in Ruby than they were in Amber. Grats ANET. That is hard to do.

Can’t go down divisions – week 1 Golden Gods can’t equalise back down.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

The System is wai, no bugs here. Great season this season 2!

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I stopped getting blowouts around ruby. Not every match was tight to the teeth but it was very rare to get 500-200s anymore.

I had the same hammer rev for 4 games in ruby, had to try extra hard for the win but it’s doable even if your team mates aren’t the best. Riding the MMR wave only works for a while until you get real opposition.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Weirdness Abounds.8924

Weirdness Abounds.8924

I hate to post a “ME TOO!” but…
I posted at the end of last season how I was making steady progress to the end of div 4 and then ANet changed the matchmaking system. At the time, I was 10 wins from div 5. After the change, I was stuck. I played 100 more matches and never got closer than 7 from the end. Now, it’s even worse. I’ve made it into div 2 and it’s blow out after blow out. The ones I do win give me 2 pips, which suggests that I wasn’t SUPPOSED to win it.

I really hope ANet is not happy with this system. I don’t personally know anyone who is.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

not sure if it’s time of day but currently having to fight DH nonsense, nothing but 3 to 4 DH’s lately, wonder if their the left overs. But it’s kitten annoying, especially when team mates act condescending, telling me to evade their traps it’s easy… uh.. yea….try evading x3 or x4 traps….

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Not experienced problems on EU. Don’t always feel like my team is stronger, either.

If you win consistently now the MMR gods don’t pair you up with thumbless kids to impart some universal karma.

I like that.

Phaatonn, London UK

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I hate to post a “ME TOO!” but…
I posted at the end of last season how I was making steady progress to the end of div 4 and then ANet changed the matchmaking system. At the time, I was 10 wins from div 5. After the change, I was stuck. I played 100 more matches and never got closer than 7 from the end. Now, it’s even worse. I’ve made it into div 2 and it’s blow out after blow out. The ones I do win give me 2 pips, which suggests that I wasn’t SUPPOSED to win it.

I really hope ANet is not happy with this system. I don’t personally know anyone who is.

the two pips thing is because you broke your losing streak, not because you were supposed to lose

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

im winning about every third match with enemy team not getting even to a 3-digit score, I can only imagine its my skills and game knowledge that do this for me

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I’d like to join the bandwagon of happy boys praising the matchmaking system if matches actually balanced out as leagues progressed. They do not.

I crawled out of loss streak hell but, some people who rode the fake MMR wave to 3rd and 4th division are now facing the music. I had matches where I got 40-50 scores and I know how exactly it feels. I can commiserate with the folks who simply getting stuck now after a fake ride up. It ain’t pleasant.

The blowouts are real. They do not stop as you go up the division. This was NOT the case last season. I honestly hope ANET comes up with a solution. People are bitter. I hardly ever had a match where people did not say gg after winning a game. This season, after wins, I barely see it. And it makes sense. There is no gg in winning 500-50 or losing that way.

To those who are having hard time, please space out your games. Gather and get rich in between games. Troll the fake riders. Troll ’em hard. Then queue back and win your games. GL.

Well… MMR hell is real for all the divisions. Basically, divisions simply divide the population by 6. Each time you enter a new division, if your MMR is low… you will get random low MMR player in your team.

Over time, it will get good, because the better than average MMR players should raise divisions, meaning the low MMR player will have more low MMR matches that they can win. But…

Here is a solution to MMR hell into all division:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/How-to-get-out-of-MMR-Hell

Why we got there? Because they did remove the feature that match your opponent MMR team to your team. They did this, because that way, they thought that if you are going to be Legendary, it will be because of your skills….

This is a fallacy. Anyone can grind enough games to get Legendary, even low MMR players.

They need to change the GRIND based ranking of DIVISION to a SKILL based ranking and let the GRIND only for the PVE/AA stuff none-hardcore pvp players want to get.

Merging both is alienating the hardcore pvpers and the casual pvpers for different reasons.

Here is a thread about it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Skill-based-or-Grind-based-rank-system/first#post6020606

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

To be honest you have 5 close games and 5 blowouts. If I look at my gameplay history in DOTA2, its no better than that. You will never get each and every game to be a close nailbiter regardless of how many players are in the pool and the strength of the matchmaker.
Blowouts happen for a variety of reasons unrelated to the MMR of the players involved. In GW2 it could be class balance related and in DOTA2 sometimes people just dont want to support both of which lead to blowouts at no fault to the matchmaker.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Adjust your comps or be prepared for the blow outs. People still insist on not profession swapping if you’re, collectively, at a disadvantage based on team composition.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Many of my blowouts where because some player get discouraged very easily. I had matches where players gave up after the loss of the first teamfight.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

Adjust your comps or be prepared for the blow outs. People still insist on not profession swapping if you’re, collectively, at a disadvantage based on team composition.

Or hold anet accountable to actually you know balance something.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

And you know that’s not going to work so you can adjust your comp or continue to lose and come to the forums and post about your losing streaks.

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Behind every blowouts is an AFK sitting at camp whispering “geegee”…

Or maybe it’s just my case. Even though my matches have been fair and reasonable.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Buffalo Bruiser.3567

And you know that’s not going to work so you can adjust your comp or continue to lose and come to the forums and post about your losing streaks.

said by someone who is winning i bet

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

On losing streak, go play unranked (or other game mode or game). Your MMR would stabilize after a while.

Hard to tell, but volatility of MMR is into that.

Skipping a day of Ranked play, will put your MMR back to where it was minus some points but not as much has the losing streak because of how they manage volatility.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Blowouts do not stop

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I wonder how many people wouldnt be having this problem if there was a public VOIP system in place.
Maybe its time for another one of those threads? We can fill that grave until it overflows, then Anet has to address the situation

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE