Boo Hoo

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

OK, I’ve been playing guild wars 2 for a little over a year now. Guild Wars 2 was the first mmo I spent money on. I bought the game on my brothers recommendation, because we live in different cities the game allows us to do something together miles apart. I fell in love with the game almost immediately, but really came to appreciate it more when I discovered pvp. In the year that I have played this game I have learned a lot about “online society”.
People of the forums….You are the minority, most players never visit the forums….ever….like seriously, never, ever. You don’t like something, great make a post, be constructive. ANET actually gets on here and reads this stuff. A lot of other companies don’t respond to or integrate player feed back. Be thankful they do, cause they really don’t have to, and further more their jobs would probably be easier for them if they didn’t. So show some gratitude before ya’ll start ranting bout kitten this, kitten that, and kitten anet.
I play this game to have fun with my bro, and the people I meet along the way, I have enjoyed discovering places and interesting things through out Tyria, WvWvW is a spectacle not found in any action game I’ve ever heard of. Yes this is an action game. PvP is an experience with highs and lows. There are beautiful moments where you conquer, and there are those, omg bursted into the ground by a Mesmer thief combo out of stealth why me moments to. That is the way video games are. Games are supposed to challenge, frustrate, and force you to adapt. I remember (with fondness) the first time I was “jet rammed” in another game. I remember the moment I learned how to “aim down my sights” (and there by win more) in another. I will never forget the first time I was minding my own buisness in WvWvW (first time there, had no idea what it was about, but was mining a node) and got steam rolled by an enemy zerg. One of the most memorable omg, wtf moments I have ever had in a game. I was not upset, I laughed and re spawned and explored and died again and again and again. PvP has treated me the same way. I love it, it is challenging, fun, and exciting.
I notice that alot of statements in the pvp forums are judgmental, insulting, and entitlement orientated.
The game developers don’t owe us kitten, they do their job and will continue to do their job whether you or I play or not. Most players don’t go to the forums…like ever…no seriously, my bro (who plays more pc games then I, and introduced me to this one) has never come here. Most every person I talk to in game don’t come to the forums.
This is my rant, and I am posting to get this off my chest. The makers of this great game have my money already. It was 60 bucks well spent, I have gotten my monies worth 10 times over already. The greatest in game reward I have gotten, is not a legendary (I think I actually salvaged a precursor when I first started playing cause I didn’t know what it was). The greatest rewards I have gotten, are memories and moments. Glory, gold, and gems can’t buy that. No hacker can get my account and take that from me. The memories are mine and shared with others irregardless of the next patch, update, or whatever. A shared experience is what I bought when I bought this game. ANET delivered, and continues to deliver (that banner bug has kittened me off pretty bad though). ANET knows what their doing, I trust them, they are making a great game better and better.
So please, just play the game, and have fun.

(edited by RusShiro.9241)

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Wall of text. Use paragraphs.

But from what I could squeeze from that:

“You are the minority, most players never visit the forums….ever….like seriously, never, ever.”

Me myself, being a part of a pretty big out-of-game minority can’t help but be irked by a statement like this, but apart from that, if you don’t take the -time- to, as a player, sit back recognise what is wrong and point out where it needs to be improved, you really have no say. You don’t.
People who post in the forums may be a minority, but forum crowds are also passionate about the game, and they complain because they want to see the game succeed.

You can play whatever you want and have fun with your ‘bro’. We don’t care what you do. You’ve made this pretty clear that we won’t need to care, by explicitly separating yourself from the rest of us. You’re clearly on some superior moral high-ground.

‘Forum-goers’ do care when someone, with little actual stake in the future of the franchise (one which has been a part of our lives for the better of the last decade) walks in and tells people to stop complaining because you’re are happy with spending 60 bucks and then getting whatever is given to you, even if you were promised something different at the time you paid for it.

So casually play the game, take what’s given to you, have your own ‘fun with your bro’ and leave us alone then. You’re happy either way, right?

But you must care more on some level, or else you’d be chatting with “Most players” who “don’t go to the forums…like ever…no seriously”; rather than posting here on something that by the sounds of it shouldn’t even bother you.

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

People who post in the forums may be a minority, but forum crowds are also passionate about the game, and they complain because they want to see the game succeed.

Yeah, that’s totally why I see tons of “KITTEN THIS, I’M GOING TO WILDSTAR/ESO, GG ANET WAWAWAWAWAWA DSI GAME SUX”. Because they want to see the game succeed. Because they care so much.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

“The game developers don’t owe us kitten”
—> So when I buy a Mercedes and it turns out to be a trabbi, the Merchant is also entitled to tell me “I don’t owe you kitten”.
The game has to be bought. A lot of ppl bought that game, as us was promised to have good pvp…yeah…

“Trust the developers”
A lot of us trusted the developers. But also, a lot of us have lost this trust a long time ago.
“WvWvW is a spectacle not found in any action game I’ve ever heard of.”
So you never heared of Aion? Or the upcoming TESO?

“People of the forums….You are the minority, "
This is also a thing I don’t get. I mean, look at any Democracy out there.
Which party wins is decided by the people who go and vote, not by all ppl in the country. That’s also how petitions work. Or protests.
If 100.000 people in a country go protest and the country has 20.000.000 inhabitants (numbers made up), does this mean, the protest should be ignored, as they don’t representate the majority of the countries inhabitants?

And, no offnese, but your “Boo Hoo” thread is much worse than anything else in this forum. You obviously are one of the players who is happy with anything they give you.
So please, if you don’t care, don’t complain about us, having some claims.
If only a minority of players actually cares about the content they give us, or has a certain idea how the game should be, so why shouldn’t they be heared, if the rest doesn’t care.

Boo Hoo

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

Thx for your response. I posted to express my frustration with members of the forum community that get on here and just fuss bout the game. I suppose I am being guilty of taking the same attitude except towards the forum posters that are just crying.
The point I wanted to make was that the game should be played for the sake of playing. I get that people are passionate about the game, I am too, but the difference is I am trusting that ANET will balance and add things in an appropriate time frame. Forums are great way to voice opinions, this is my opinion.

(edited by RusShiro.9241)

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The problem is, in pvp, there isn’t much left, making pvp worth playing.
Not to mention, that within pvp, there never ever has to be anything, for what you could use the word “much” as it doesn’t provide a lot of content.

It is nice, that you trust ANet, however, as already mentioned, trust is sth a lot of ppl have already lost.

Boo Hoo

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

I guess that’s what I’m not getting. If there were no rewards, i would still play pvp. Good game play, and a shared experience is what I’m used to, and all I really want. Gear and “rewards” are a necessity for pve and wvwvw. levels mean some thing there, as does gear. Pvp is equal footing regardless of level, experience and teamwork matter more. Yes I do trust them, the game is their art, and I expect them to continue to be good artist.

Boo Hoo

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since this thread has no real basis for a constructive discussion, it is being closed.