Boon corrupt + condi transfer

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Do necros/reapers really need both great boon corruption and great condi transfer in one build?
Wouldnt it be more balanced if it was great boon corruption with little to none condi transfer or great condi transfer with little to none boon corruption?

Edit:
Like making it a choice which path to go in their build?

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, boon currupt/consume/transfer has been the entire idea of necromancer for the past 3 years of the game… maybe it just needs a “shave”? hehueheuheueheue

in PvP

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Do reapers really need both great boon corruption and great condi transfer in one build?
Wouldnt it be more balanced if it was great boon corruption with little to none condi transfer or great condi transfer with little to none boon corruption?

Probably, but the game needs a lot more to even consider it balanced. If you just nerfed Necro boon corruption without applying an overall fix then you’ll just have the game overrun by boon-stacking builds instead.

All classes need ready access to condition cleanses and boon removals (or corruption).

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

This isn’t anything specific to reapers, necros have always had this.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Do reapers really need both great boon corruption and great condi transfer in one build?

Probably, but the game needs a lot more to even consider it balanced. If you just nerfed Necro boon corruption without applying an overall fix then you’ll just have the game overrun by boon-stacking builds instead.

I dont mean nerfing one away.

More like making it a choice.
Like in their spells and traitlines. That they cant have a lot of both.

Either focus on boon corrupt with little to none condi transfer or focus on condi transfer with little to none boon corrupt.

Or maybe if you have both that it at least comes at some other cost like dmg or something.

This isn’t anything specific to reapers, necros have always had this.

Yeah I know.
So used to seeing elite specs that I didnt list necros :P.

I edited necros in the opening post.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

It is ok a team just need an ele to neglect reapers in teamfight…

Corruption and dmg is the only thing necro brings to the game, reaper has no sustain and no support.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

They are certainly cancer but I have seen so few of them lately that my enjoyment of the PvP game has only gone up, same with scrappers and druids. But then again I only restarted playing ranked this weekend, like 8 games or so which only took me to emerald, I suppose as I keep going up I will see more and more of them.

I’m just glad to see so few tanky/condi overloading speccs, seems like fights are snappier and faster…. I’m kinda scared to catch up to the higher divisions again…..

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Plague Signet is propably the most broken skill in the game and they even merged it into an adept trait. It is really easy to see that they lost any common sense.

This is how a warrior skill looks:

• Break stun
  • Remove one condition from allies in 600 AoE
  • 25s cd
  • Skill exists as a master trait

This is how a necro skill looks:

• Break stun
  • Remove five condtions
  • Apply five conditions to target ally
  • 30s cd
  • Skill exists as adept trait
  • Unblockable

Believe me. This company lost every competent developer a long time ago. Bad salaries made only those people stay that are bad at their jobs. And even those don’t get enough room for balance work due to a leadership that is nothing but a failure.

I wont buy any Arenanet game ever again.

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in PvP

Silverthorn.8576

Reapers are hard counter by ele since start but there still are players crying about it /facepalm

PS: Dojo the adpet trait transfers only 3 conditions + plague signet is not a dispell it is a transfer if nobody is in range or if the target is immune to condition you transfer nothing
Keep crying about Reaper It will leave a guy in game with no dispell and unable to focus a reaper who has no sustain. What will happens when you will face the real cancer of this meta?

(edited by Silverthorn.8576)

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Reapers are hard counter by ele since start but there still are players crying about it /facepalm

Actually it is the way around lol…..ever since DS butcher nerf necromancers pray on eles the hardest, since most ele boons are passively given to him and his allies, and chill is the ultimate counter to eles, from element swapping (hopefully a bug, that somehow has bypassed Anet’s attention for 3 years and a half) to outright destroying their rotations, damage, low hp pools and limited mobility, which happen to be the only defense they have.

Now it is only worse. Also, necros are not as defenseless as some people make them out to be. It is pretty hard to kill me as a necro when I have got 2 health bars, except when I get 2+….which lets be honest, except for scrapper/druid, most classes would be destroyed too.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Silverthorn.8576

… /facepalm

All games are carried by rev/scrapper/ele but sure the sponge ping pong ball reaper is the OP guy out there.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Necros are supposed to be masters of boon corrupt and condis. The only problem is amount and access to it. On top of it, reaper chill is just overbudgeted atm.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Plague Signet is propably the most broken skill in the game and they even merged it into an adept trait. It is really easy to see that they lost any common sense.

This is how a warrior skill looks:

• Break stun
  • Remove one condition from allies in 600 AoE
  • 25s cd
  • Skill exists as a master trait

This is how a necro skill looks:

• Break stun
  • Remove five condtions
  • Apply five conditions to target ally
  • 30s cd
  • Skill exists as adept trait
  • Unblockable

Believe me. This company lost every competent developer a long time ago. Bad salaries made only those people stay that are bad at their jobs. And even those don’t get enough room for balance work due to a leadership that is nothing but a failure.

I wont buy any Arenanet game ever again.

This is true, however, you’re also forgetting what else a warrior brings to the table. A necromancer doesn’t really have much team support when it comes to team Condi cleanse, team heals, or team boon application, they are an entirely selfish class meant to support by debuffing enemies. It wasn’t until a the June patch did necro really become a threat, as that was when we got Signets of Suffering, letting us stand up to Cele Ele at the time by corrupting their boons.

Onto topic though, yes this last patch did give us way too much boon corruption, I mean we got it on scepter, weakening blood, Weakening shroud, DS even got it standard on Dark Path. I was fine with scepter auto corrupt until I saw all the other boon corrupts we got on the side. And I’m really fearing for Necromancers right now because of how powerful they are, especially with reaper, and worried they’ll go back down to trash tier ping pong ball…

On the other hand what do I care? I got back into some other games and A new one I’m looking forward to comes out next month.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

It does have no counter play…

They should make resistance boon resist boon steal/transfer.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I think it’s balanced for now as necros punish mistakes in rotations and force people to play much smarter. Maybe a CD increase in corrupt boon but now necros make people think instead of mindlessly pushing for 1v1

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Both are tied to the curses trait line and outside of it both dont really do much.

Also necro has an inherent lack of condition removal without the transfers. That is their condi removal by class design.