Boring.

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: xrayane.1842

xrayane.1842

Hey everyone,

I’m posting here to have your thoughts on a few things.
I’m a thief main in PvP and I play only Thief in ranked.
I created my build on my own and I’m in emerald 4th stage ( I started rankeds yesterday , so I’m doing good), but I’m having a few problems that are disgusting me from PvP.
First one is the fact that Thief is rejected from PvP. It’s not rare for me to get flamed or seeing a “… thief -.-” before the game even begins.

Let’s face it, we have the exact same builds, every single game, no matter what, it’s EXTREMELY rare that someone plays something else than a copy pasted metabattle build. Not only the builds are completely broken but they don’t reflect AT ALL the player’s level of skill ( DH, tanky ele ), but people insult you when you’re not playing a metabattle build. The worst is that I get insulted a lot by ennemies for being a " kittenn condi thief ", while they play DH or bunker Mesmer, the community is extremely toxic.

Also, I see everybody crying about " the meta " but 99% of players actually play it, so I don’t get the fact you’re mad at something and you still play it, players choose to make the game boring and then cry about the fact they’re bored.

Do you guys play Thief in PvP sometimes ? Do you think choices of builds should be removed from the game as everyone always plays the exact same thing, going from the same trait to the same runes and sigils ? Why are some traits really bad and some are really good, in the same tree ? Is ArenaNet forcing us to play one kind of thing, like in League Of Legends ? Do you think it is possible to get to a high rank by playing Thief ? Is it even worth to report someone who’s insulting you ?

Thanks for reading me.

(edited by xrayane.1842)

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Amen
/as many charrs as you like

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Play thief, or any other profession or build that you want. Play it correctly and no one will care.

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Unfortunately there will always be meta builds that are more effective than others.

Before league was introduced, players still try out different, maybe less effective builds. But now that with league implemented, all ppl care about is winning. So everyone plays OP meta builds. To make things worse, current meta has multiple super tanky broken builds. As a result, the gameplay is not very fun.

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Play thief, or any other profession or build that you want. Play it correctly and no one will care.

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

Hey everyone,

I’m posting here to have your thoughts on a few things.
I’m a thief main in PvP and I play only Thief in ranked.
I created my build on my own and I’m in emerald 4th stage ( I started rankeds yesterday , so I’m doing good), but I’m having a few problems that are disgusting me from PvP.
First one is the fact that Thief is rejected from PvP. It’s not rare for me to get flamed or seeing a “… thief -.-” before the game even begins.

Let’s face it, we have the exact same builds, every single game, no matter what, it’s EXTREMELY rare that someone plays something else than a copy pasted metabattle build. Not only the builds are completely broken but they don’t reflect AT ALL the player’s level of skill ( DH, tanky ele ), but people insult you when you’re not playing a metabattle build. The worst is that I get insulted a lot by ennemies for being a " kittenn condi thief ", while they play DH or bunker Mesmer, the community is extremely toxic.

Also, I see everybody crying about " the meta " but 99% of players actually play it, so I don’t get the fact you’re mad at something and you still play it, players choose to make the game boring and then cry about the fact they’re bored.

Do you guys play Thief in PvP sometimes ? Do you think choices of builds should be removed from the game as everyone always plays the exact same thing, going from the same trait to the same runes and sigils ? Why are some traits really bad and some are really good, in the same tree ? Is ArenaNet forcing us to play one kind of thing, like in League Of Legends ? Do you think it is possible to get to a high rank by playing Thief ? Is it even worth to report someone who’s insulting you ?

Thanks for reading me.

I really enjoy crafting builds. But here is the thing, the current system to make builds is so stupidly simplyfied that there are only realy 3 themes you can make a build, and those are support, condi or power. Now you can create many builds around these themes but in the end there is going to be one build “best at” the theme it was made for. That build then becomes the standart for that role.

Now compile all of the “best at” builds and the best of those become meta builds and are copy pasted all over build share sites like metabattle.

I have made a reaper build that kinda beats most of the bunker meta builds right now, but “focus the necro” makes the class to anoying to play so I dont bother with it. I also play thief (class achievements) and let me tell you, the shear amount of hate you get is so bad I dont even dare to play a warrior….

Oh and no, reporting has no effect at all. I add every single person I report to the block list (you can see if they are online or not there) and no one ever got a ban, at all. Thats reports for afking, heavy verbal abuse, lfg system abuse. I once had a guy harras me so horribly I had to go offline for a while cus I was done dealing with those sort of people. Now if a person straight up curses at you for a while, then treathens you, your life, then tells you to kill yourself several times. And they don’t get banned for verbal abuse? Clearly nobody is doing anything with reports and it’s probly just a placebo mechanism put in the game to keep peoples minds quiet.

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I’m certain I’m not.

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

Good job on the progress.

Thief definitely works especially at that level. Players that complain cause a thief is on team are used to players (thiefs) that suck because it’s not a forgiving class. You don’t need meta thief either, to be effective, there are at least several strong builds .
good luck.

Fizzy Bubbler

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

Good job on the progress.

Thief definitely works especially at that level. Players that complain cause a thief is on team are used to players (thiefs) that suck because it’s not a forgiving class. You don’t need meta thief either, to be effective, there are at least several strong builds .
good luck.

Fizzy Bubbler

Boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Thanks for reading me.

- I main vanilla dp thief.
- Choices are great thing, they make fun stuff happen in matches (and tourneys), the old trait system was what allowed build varierity, you can blame Anet for limiting build diversity with new trait system, not players.
- Well, i would say that it depends on game mode weither one trait is good or not but there are indeed some traits that are just plain bad. Answer to that: bad design, lack of knowledge, lack of time etc.
- i would say so, it is easier to balance limited amount of builds, less work duhh
- yeah i think you can get high rank if you play a lot and are good at thief (i farmed games to ruby relative fast after i took long break from pvp since HoT release); i think diamond is doable, not sure about legend tho due to abusers and premades
- once in ages, when mods are not busy banning ppl on forums for most harmless things, they actually do bann people for verbal abuse (if it is excessive) in game

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)