Bots in PVP ranked

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Saalia.3809

Saalia.3809

Hey, i hate loosing games in ranked cause 3 teammates using the same bots “decide” to cap close all together standing on top of each other and stuff like this.
The headache starts when i see ppl not moving before the countdown hit 0 and the door opens. Thats how the bots roll…
Please do something, this is really frustrating!

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I still need to see this. Surprised there arent any vids on it.

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Kostis.1826

Kostis.1826

I don’t understand your surprise. Multitudes of such cases in Gold 1 / 2. Why would you need a video ? Do you think people are making stuff up ?

…your bitterness is sweet to the lady…

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

My comment wasn’t intended to be in a dismissing tone, rather a curious one. I’ve never seen a bot but I want to.

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

They aren’t hard to spot. They run on the same path, face the same way, stop on the same point and run to the same cap, over and over.

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

My comment wasn’t intended to be in a dismissing tone, rather a curious one. I’ve never seen a bot but I want to.

Seconded.

I have more than 130 games in low gold/ high silver this season and did not once see a bot. Just players that don’t know how to rotate. Even though I often play in the dead hours of the night due living in a different time zone.

Those bot posts keep coming up, but if games with bots are really this frequent, why did nobody upload a video so far? I am really curious.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I played an Unranked match just for fun recently and could of swore my whole team was just a group of bots. We were on coliseum, I started running towards mid, all 4 of my teammates run towards mid as well…….sort of.

They ran straight into the wall, appeared to be completely lost, then went to home instead. All 4 of them, in sync together. Enemy team had no problem constantly destroying them. Felt like I was playing solo.

After announcing my suspicions in map chat, one of my teammates replied that he was new. At the end of the match I could see that none of them were grouped, so I dunno. It was the strangest thing I’ve seen. Either that one guy was playing with the other 3 as bots, or my team consisted of 4 players that were completely new to pvp and wanted to always stay together at home and never say a word. Either scenario is possible really.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: FtoPScrub.5476

FtoPScrub.5476

I recorded a pretty obvious video with me and 4 BOT teammates. Didn’t bother uploading before because the video lags at some points and has gwent music playing at the start, but if you can ignore that, it’s pretty irrefutable evidence.

The most obvious parts:

0:15 Bots all ready up as soon as they load in
1:20 Bots afk right as the match is about to start for a few seconds. All start moving at the same time
1:35 Every single one of them goes to quad cap home
5:50 They all come to cap home, all stow their weapons at the same time
7:35 Their first instinct when there is a downed enemy is to stop what they’re doing, slowly walk up, and attempt to quad stomp
8:10 Quad stomp x2, all afk in corner
8:41 All leave at the same time

Those are just the most obvious parts, but if you watch the minimap throughout the video it’s obvious they are bots. They almost always stick together quad capping all points. The only time their pathing changes is when they “see” an enemy, in which case they do weird stuff. Botting might also only be confined to one person doing it on NA – which would explain why some players have never seen it.

(edited by FtoPScrub.5476)

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They aren’t hard to spot. They run on the same path, face the same way, stop on the same point and run to the same cap, over and over.

… all I’m playing with is just bots then

Bots in PVP ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

I play thief theyre easy to spot especially in ranked

Take a bot that ive seen on multiple occasions, niii siii or however its spelt is a bot

When your team thief claims home its common knowledge to let them take it right?

No matter what, and I mean no matter what, he always rushes to home and I just stand there like (really….really….are you kittening serious?) like I like wasting initiative or something

They also take less damage than normal. That’s a bit harder to notice

But as its been said the easiest way to spot them is by looking at their actions since they run a script. They’ll do things that wont make any sense.

Unranked is understandable cause I mean, who tf in their right minds is going to go dive head first into an objective with a full health team of 4-5 ppl on it?

Some will do stuff like that. After a while after seeing your first one, its easy asf to spot the rest