Breakdown of civility in ranked sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

Aside from whatever else may be wrong or need improvement in sPvP with the advent of leagues, one of the biggest problems I see is the almost complete breakdown in civility. There is almost always that one person who has a lot invested in any particular match, perhaps more than other people who solo queued, and they just start slamming teammates with foul language, name-calling, abuse, whatever. Everyone presses the ranked button now because of the associated achievements, so you get an unhealthy mix of people with “a lot to lose” combined with people who care considerably less if they win or lose. Brings out the worst in many people.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The system actually makes it worse cause if someone stands to lose multiple pips they are going to take it worse.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

One thing Arenanet could do would be to implement a feature where you can ignore all chat which doesn’t come from your party members or friends, as well as to appear offline to anyone who isn’t partied or friend’ed. I think games like Hearthstone and WoW maintain a better atmosphere of civility by not allowing opposing players to message each other during the game.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Just turn off map chat or team chat and you won’t see any of it.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You need team chat for communication though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

TBH, right now that’s the only way to communicate to your team, sometimes important info like “I have two enemy players coming to me on home”

I think that they should implement a simple hotkey message system with commands like:

“Watch the node” “1,2,3,4,5 incoming” “Help!” “Disengage/Retreat!”

commands like this could just make the game better as a whole, and allow for smoother communication in combat

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

If you say anything in chat you risk bringing the house down on yourself. I find the atmosphere much more hostile in recent days.

in PvP

Opc.4718

Honestly it’s not that hard to keep one eye on the minimap at all times, and realize for yourself that home node is being 2v1’d by the enemy and you should back it up, or that you’re in a 1v2 going nowhere and you should really rotate elsewhere. Teammates SHOULDN’T have to point it out in chat and I find text communication a waste of time. Being map aware and not having tunnel vision instantly makes you a better player. The best pug teams I’ve played in have zero words said the entire game because everyone just knows what to do.

If your teammates can’t figure it out, you can always type out the info in team chat, but you don’t necessarily need to have it turned on It’s that or grow a really thick skin so you can laugh off insults and salty players.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

sportsmanship is a needed attribute for ranked matches , Raging and typing or fussing oversomthing won’t help improve the rank you have .

turning off map chat is not really a good idea , if one person sees a cycle and the opposing team spots this weakness , they will take advantage of it because guess what they used map chat.

the skills you develope as a solo player may take a player so far but when it comes to co-ordination the solo experience you have means nothing.

they can rage or whine all they like , but in the end you’ve learned somthing Valuable from the matches you have by talking to other team mates it helps you spot mistakes and also points out mistakes to team mates , even if you don’t reply just read the message if its Constructive > reply or take action on the map prepair a counter attack or move to support.

the one thing i learned when i was a Acting commander in gw1’s alliance battles even if some people didn’t listen to my advise , in the end patterns occurred (aka predictable rotations) and that is when team chat is most important and a open mind to what is happening , a soloQ player can’t win the match alone , he may win a node or two then loose but will cost the match by using predictable patterns.

people will loose a lot before they get better , even those that have Experience as a soloQ player will loose a lot before they Realise the real differences between players that talk and those that don’t even attempt to work with other people to win the match.

as a soloQ player there are limits and as soon as you reach that limit you’ll start facing teams or people that use Map chat correctly and constructively / the attitudes improve and most of the time are Fun to chat to .

i use to get a lot of hate because i#ve always played a ranger in pvp but i was always with friends or used the map chat to promt people what is happening , A lot of the time me telling or informing team mates turned the match around and even won matches even though i had personaly a poor game with the lowest points (just because i had bad luck pitted against a player / build that is a Non-compete can’t win alone)

typicly in the end Low MMR/rank leads to raging/hating and ill sportsmanship .

and one last tip don’t play the same build for 15+matches people that are serious about pvp have Multipul build set ups of power and condi ready just incase randoms build to counter now as we enter leagues the selection of players in each group is smaller so expect to fight the same people often .

when i have done half days of pvp (ages ago mind you) half way through the day i notice builds and team comps change so they can improve the chances of winning by using build alone to make up for the lack of Team work , though its a Viable tactic to change builds every 10-15matchs , change to a build that you’ve learned to play don’t just change for the sake of change .

if you can’t play any other builds , instead of opposing teams adapting and killing you/ loosing matches take a break for a hour or two and go back , the aim of a league system is to reward good play , rather than game after game under the same build (this prompts teams with a large flag ahh this guy with X build , we’ll put Jake agasint him) they now know how to counter you every time.

and again that leads to rage/disappointment/hating or Chat abuse clearly shows a lack of experience which means they have never been that good of a player if their first reaction is to blow hard after dying consistantly.

in PvP

Opc.4718

turning off map chat is not really a good idea , if one person sees a cycle and the opposing team spots this weakness , they will take advantage of it because guess what they used map chat.

If one person can see something, everyone else should be able to see it for themselves on the mini map. The fastest way to improve your rotation skills as a solo queuer is if you take the initiative and stop relying on teammates for communication and direction. Of course you could go the extra step and relay the information to the rest of your team (who lack awareness), but again, it doesn’t require you to see their replies.

(edited by Opc.4718)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

If one person can see something, everyone else should be able to see it for themselves on the mini map. The fastest way to improve your rotation skills as a solo queuer is if you take the initiative and stop relying on teammates for communication and direction.

and doing so can waste more than 5seconds typing a message , and stop relying on teammates for information is a Idotic move , it is much faster learning from a more experienced player or to be reminded of when or where the situation determins.

yes as a soloq player you’d need to Experience the rotation for yourself but what good is that if you die each time you leave the gate by going to the wrong point or not matching up with the teams rotations if 3/5 people do this the co-ordiantion is not even Accidental , it becomes pure chaos that is when the Chat abuse starts because everyone is doing what they think is right rather than working towards the end goal that is winning the match not focusing on personal goals.

experience comes from knowing and experiencing team work , even the most well trained doctor alone can not succeed alone when he is studying , it takes a team to improve beyond Solo play and you’ll need Chat to do this if you don’t have access to a team yourself.

by not using the chat and trying things the easy way without any nuisances or inconvenience of having to talk constructively (they clearly don’t have any intentions of increasing Rank and are only after personal goals.)

and because you say “s top relying on teammates for communication and direction.” this is the worse way to learn you’d spend weeks trying to catch up to the level of someone that did ask for help , as soon as that player asks or reads the advise they are already three steps ahead of you .

and as they do that each match over the weeks , those steps widen the gap even more much more experience they will have compaired to someone that shuts off the chat or “stop relying on teammates for communication and direction”.

the intention is to rely on team mates and self improve even with strangers they are still you’re team mates.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

Opc.4718

There’s only one thing you need to do to improve yourself, and that’s to focus on the minimap and not tunnel vision into fights. The text is redundant, it’s only pointing out information you can already obtain from the minimap. If you want to improve yourself, you don’t NEED a teammate reminding you to look at the minimap. It should be patently obvious which point you should go to by looking at the minimap. Now that I’ve told you the secret behind perfect rotations, you can remind yourself to look at the minimap as the situation arises and determine for yourself what the best course of action is. The decision is usually very logical and not subjective at all.

Anyway this is derailing the thread. It’s my personal opinion that you should have chat turned off if you can’t deal with toxic players, and that you don’t really lose out anything by doing so. If you’re an experienced player, you don’t need to look at text to know where you should be going next, and if you’re not an experienced player, you now know you should look at the minimap if in doubt. The rotations behind this game isn’t that complicated.

(edited by Opc.4718)

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

TBH, right now that’s the only way to communicate to your team, sometimes important info like “I have two enemy players coming to me on home”

I think that they should implement a simple hotkey message system with commands like:

commands like this could just make the game better as a whole, and allow for smoother communication in combat

This. The fact that the game doesn’t have basic hotkey messages after 3+ years is embarrassing.

And I’ve noticed more odd behavior lately even though I’m not playing in ranked. Teams that make no effort to cap (trying to lower their MMR?), salty teammates blaming their woes on each other, that sort of thing.

Also, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the game only needs two queues: One queue for players who just want to have fun, and another queue for everyone else. Make the rewards for the “Everyone else” queue slightly better so that they all stay on their side of the fence.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Opc.4718

Really, having different map pings like in LoL would be fine for bringing stuff to teammates attention. Text is just inefficient.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

People just want someone to blame because they can’t accept the fact that they could possibly be outplayed.

And I agree this pips system is bullkitten

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The problem is, usually PvP only includes people that WANT to be there, people who enjoy competitive play, and know that when they lose, it’s ok, they just lost a match due to better opponents and if they minded that they wouldn’t be PvPing.

Now though, there are a LOT of players who have absolutely ZERO interest in PvPing, perhaps even actively HATE PvPing, but are forced to do it anyways to complete the backpack, so all they want is for the match to be over with ASAP with their side winning, and anything else is just getting in the way of that.

How do you expect them to react to losing?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

The problem is, usually PvP only includes people that WANT to be there, people who enjoy competitive play, and know that when they lose, it’s ok, they just lost a match due to better opponents and if they minded that they wouldn’t be PvPing.

Now though, there are a LOT of players who have absolutely ZERO interest in PvPing, perhaps even actively HATE PvPing, but are forced to do it anyways to complete the backpack, so all they want is for the match to be over with ASAP with their side winning, and anything else is just getting in the way of that.

Forced to PvP? There is no forcing of players to PvP. It is a simple want or don’t want. If one doesn’t have interest in pvping, then simply don’t expect to get the rewards from PvPing. You cannot expect to do nothing and win a PvP match at the same time.

Infact the way that Anet designed their matchmaking system, it is intended you get 50% win/lose ratio. Therefore most people should face similar amounts of wins to loses. Losing shouldn’t generate negativity if there have been attempt to winning the match. I’d rather lose 500-350 than 500-50. It is often from the latter, where attempts were not evident from fellow teammates (or themselves), that’s when people get annoyed.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

By accepting it is a player vs player game and there are lots of variables into the matches? So if they lose, they should react by getting better analyzing what happened on the latest match up and how to improve. Unless of course the other team was a premade of double rev, double bunker chrono and druid/tempest.. then as solo queuer have to accept the game is broken until the next balance patch.

Spitting curses and raging non sense won’t help at all. That sort of people spend way too many time pointing fingers to others and hardly pays attention what they are doing themselves. How are you going to improve that way?

The toxicity has been increasing lately. When people have the need to use the team chat as a toilet to flush down their kitten, I block because don’t want to spend my time with such negative person, as well if it is really bad, report.

Some people are so set into thinking it is always the other fault. That way, I had a teammate say I made us lose the match because didn’t killed the bunker tempest who was only wasting time on our control point since couldn’t make a dent on my own tempest. Came a rev, couldn’t do any substantial damage on the bunker, I told him to leave, he refused, so I left and he almost died for that ele. I came back healed him and said to get the kitten off the point, he refused to leave again, so once again I left and he died.

He started raging on team chat that it was all my fault. Apparently he didn’t know which was our color since accused me of leaving the point when it belonged to the other team, which is untrue since I captured myself before the tempest came. Also even if was, I surely wouldn’t waste my time with a bunker. If he had stopped to think for a moment would know the problem wasn’t exactly where and who he think it was and could take as lesson to improve his own awareness and rotation.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

Forced to PvP? There is no forcing of players to PvP. It is a simple want or don’t want. If one doesn’t have interest in pvping, then simply don’t expect to get the rewards from PvPing. You cannot expect to do nothing and win a PvP match at the same time.

Nope, try again.

Infact the way that Anet designed their matchmaking system, it is intended you get 50% win/lose ratio. Therefore most people should face similar amounts of wins to loses.

Nope. I’m at 3-8 right now, and most of this wins came recently. Some people are reporting far worse scores. Chalk that up to me being terrible if it makes you feel better, but I think I tend to do pretty well, often 1v2ing points and getting a decent amounts of kills, and the scores in the losing matches averaged 100+ point spreads, so I doubt that could be entirely my fault.

I’d rather lose 500-350 than 500-50. It is often from the latter, where attempts were not evident from fellow teammates (or themselves), that’s when people get annoyed.

A 500-50 score doeesn’t necessarily mean that your team didn’t even try, it just means that they weren’t very successful. It could represent them trying their best, but being woefully ill-equipped for the match, or the other team really being on their stuff. I had one match today where the other team had at least a couple members who clearly outmatched mine (myself included) and would just obliterate opposing players in seconds before moving on. It was like downscaled level 80s fighting in Queensdale. This is what happens when the matchmaking system is a joke.

By accepting it is a player vs player game and there are lots of variables into the matches?

And again, my point is that you can expect that sort of reaction from people who like PvP games, and who want to be there, but it’s harder to expect from people who are only there because there’s no other way to get loot they want. It’s like the difference between being in a store with someone who enjoys shopping and wants to be there, verses someone who has absolutely no interest in shopping and can’t get out of there fast enough. The latter cannot be expected to be a pleasant experience for either party.

done by now.”

in PvP

Akikaze.1307

Nope, try again.

Infact the way that Anet designed their matchmaking system, it is intended you get 50% win/lose ratio. Therefore most people should face similar amounts of wins to loses.

Nope. I’m at 3-8 right now, and most of this wins came recently. Some people are reporting far worse scores. Chalk that up to me being terrible if it makes you feel better, but I think I tend to do pretty well, often 1v2ing points and getting a decent amounts of kills, and the scores in the losing matches averaged 100+ point spreads, so I doubt that could be entirely my fault.

I’d rather lose 500-350 than 500-50. It is often from the latter, where attempts were not evident from fellow teammates (or themselves), that’s when people get annoyed.

A 500-50 score doeesn’t necessarily mean that your team didn’t even try, it just means that they weren’t very successful. It could represent them trying their best, but being woefully ill-equipped for the match, or the other team really being on their stuff. I had one match today where the other team had at least a couple members who clearly outmatched mine (myself included) and would just obliterate opposing players in seconds before moving on. It was like downscaled level 80s fighting in Queensdale. This is what happens when the matchmaking system is a joke.

“Nope, try again.”
Yeap, this is why we can’t even have civil discussions in the PvP forums, nevermind a pvp match. That sums up the thread about right.

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

It’s quite unrealistic to expect perfect civility from any community at all times, least of all a PvP community.

Take it as an opportunity to prepare yourself for life outside the house by cultivating a thicker skin.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

“Nope, try again.”
Yeap, this is why we can’t even have civil discussions in the PvP forums, nevermind a pvp match. That sums up the thread about right.

Exactly my point. You can’t expect to have a rational discussion when you insist on belittling other people and making their points out to be not worthy of consideration. If people are upset, they have a reason to be upset, and you might not agree with their reasons, but you have to at least understand and accept that they are that person’s reasons if you want to have any chance at resolving the situation. Comments like “Forced to PvP? There is no forcing of players to PvP. It is a simple want or don’t want. If one doesn’t have interest in pvping, then simply don’t expect to get the rewards from PvPing. You cannot expect to do nothing and win a PvP match at the same time.” just show you to have a poor understanding of those players’ mindset, they do not reflect poorly on those players at all.

done by now.”

in PvP

Akikaze.1307

“Nope, try again.”

Exactly my point. You can’t expect to have a rational discussion when you insist on belittling other people and making their points out to be not worthy of consideration. If people are upset, they have a reason to be upset, and you might not agree with their reasons, but you have to at least understand and accept that they are that person’s reasons if you want to have any chance at resolving the situation. Comments like “Forced to PvP? There is no forcing of players to PvP. It is a simple want or don’t want. If one doesn’t have interest in pvping, then simply don’t expect to get the rewards from PvPing. You cannot expect to do nothing and win a PvP match at the same time.” just show you to have a poor understanding of those players’ mindset, they do not reflect poorly on those players at all.

So you can actually type an extended response when prompted. That would had been a valid response than going “nope try again” which holds no acknowledgement of reading/understanding.

And I’ll like to reliterate the fact is that there is no force upon players to PvP. Everything and anything we do in this game is optional bounded by the foundation layed out by Anet. We am not forced to do raids, We are not forced to WvW nor PvP. Like you said, it all comes down to opinion. People get upset over spilt milk, sometimes we just can’t have everything. Sooner people accept that, easier time it’ll be for everyone without grudges over a game.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

So you can actually type an extended response when prompted. That would had been a valid response than going “nope try again” which holds no acknowledgement of reading/understanding.

You see what I mean?

And I’ll like to reliterate the fact is that there is no force upon players to PvP. Everything and anything we do in this game is optional bounded by the foundation layed out by Anet. We am not forced to do raids, We are not forced to WvW nor PvP. Like you said, it all comes down to opinion. People get upset over spilt milk, sometimes we just can’t have everything. Sooner people accept that, easier time it’ll be for everyone without grudges over a game.

Nope, try again, do better.

done by now.”

in PvP

Akikaze.1307

You see what I mean?

Nope, try again, do better.

Back to square one.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Well you can lay the blame at Anet’s feet on this one

The way leagues are set up amplifies the issue tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

This is one the main reason because i don’t like to play in a rng party. I prefer to go with my guildmates, so that we can coordinate with voice, and of course, there is no toxic beteen us! :-)

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I might be wrong with this but I think to make the backpack you actually need to be good at PVP so those who are “forced” to make it while having zero interest in PVP won’t go far. Maybe they should’ve made it clear that the final stages of the backpack aren’t doable unless you reach a high division, and people who don’t PVP won’t reach that high division. In other words, the PvP legendary backpacks is for actual PVPers only. So nobody is “forced” here.

For example, to make the PVP legendary backpack you need 100 PvP reward tickets just for the 4 versions of Wings of Glory. You get those by changing Divisions, you get 15(?) by going to Emerald. I doubt you can get 100 before Ruby and at Ruby you can lose your Division (can’t get rewards again) so only those really interested in PVP and those who like PVP can progress further than Ruby and actually make that backpack.

I could be wrong though and just grinding PVP matches would get you that legendary backpack, but I hope not.

Easy “fix”: They shouldn’t hide the later achievements, make them viewable so everyone can see just how good they need to be to finish that backpack.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

I might be wrong with this but I think to make the backpack you actually need to be good at PVP so those who are “forced” to make it while having zero interest in PVP won’t go far.

You don’t actually have to be that good, you just have to be persistent. It requires winning a total of 150 matches. You don’t even appear to have to enter the top ranks, you can do it all at Amber, it would just take a lot longer that way. Of course being better makes winning more likely, so it would take less time, but you can just wait to be lucky and get on good teams, or just team up with better players. Also, not liking PvP doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re bad at it in the first place, you might be really good and easily win fair match-ups, but just really not enjoy the experience.

Easy “fix”: They shouldn’t hide the later achievements, make them viewable so everyone can see just how good they need to be to finish that backpack.

Or just not make it such a ridiculous grind and let players accomplish them through activities they actually enjoy.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Precisely, why turn off? it does not make any sense. they gave you 2mins to discuss some possible strategy why not take the initiative to do so. right?

I play soloque, giving your ally a precise number of incoming opponent is really really informative interms of defense. sometimes i just ping the mini map and draw a line where the enemy will go (Scouting) or ping a Node and draw some Roman Numeral to indicate the numbers near the said node.

You don’t have to go anywhere either blogs or game guides that ask you for donations Game is so complex they just trying to make it difficult for the sake of you know, Money.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Rude language is what anet ordered by giving us broken system. It’s like they wanted this secretly.

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You don’t actually have to be that good, you just have to be persistent. It requires winning a total of 150 matches. You don’t even appear to have to enter the top ranks, you can do it all at Amber, it would just take a lot longer that way.

You get the PvP reward tickets when you change Divisions. You get 15 when you go from Amber to Emerald. You need 100 total just for the different wing versions that you need, plus who knows how many more for other requirements (at least 5 needed for the essence) How exactly are you going to get all those by playing at Amber only? And besides you can’t drop divisions at Emerald so once you reach Emerald you won’t see Amber again.

Can check this out:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Divisions-needed-for-precusor

If the achievements were viewable everyone would know what is actually needed, but I doubt staying at low divisions would be enough. Reaching Diamond Division will be a requirement most likely, one of the tier 4 achievements, so any player who doesn’t like PVP or can’t PVP will be unable to get the backpack.

IF they made this clear from the start then maybe players who aren’t interested in PVP wouldn’t even bother with it. and not feel “forced” to do it either.

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

The system actually makes it worse cause if someone stands to lose multiple pips they are going to take it worse.

This^

I am usually a down to earth, nice guy who likes helping and all that jazz..but this system honestly brought the worst in me. I understand loosing matches..but loosing consecutively and grotesquely (400 – xx score dif) you can only handle so much before you just go all-out and rage at things that would never have made me rage in normal conditions.

But hey…at how they have treated & addressed the problem so far it seems it’s intentionally made to be so. Otherwise it would be downwrite stupidity in it’s purest form possible. I can’t image that’s the case with ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I’m guilty of raging in the middle of a fight, which might have cost us some wins. Before this season started, I knew this would happen, I knew I will go raging again like last season lol. ^^;;;; So I planned to take 10 minute meditations everyday before the season starts, so I can control this anger of mine. Nope, did not happen, too lazy to follow schedule. I don’t know if it would even work though lol. But I’ll try my very best not to rage anymore. It will only be my demise, and my team’s.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

The Ace.9105

You can’t do that. If you don’t rage you’ll end up to a mental hospital. Anet wants you to rage or get a team.

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

There is this ‘report’ function – I’m getting to use it a lot lately.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Rebound.3409

There is this ‘report’ function – I’m getting to use it a lot lately.

Yea..but can u really blame raging under this system they have? Maybe the guy who you think is an kitten for raging is actually a nice guy who got hit hard by this system.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in PvP

The Ace.9105

The system forced ppl to lose their minds so not really.

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

You get the PvP reward tickets when you change Divisions. You get 15 when you go from Amber to Emerald. You need 100 total just for the different wing versions that you need, plus who knows how many more for other requirements (at least 5 needed for the essence) How exactly are you going to get all those by playing at Amber only? And besides you can’t drop divisions at Emerald so once you reach Emerald you won’t see Amber again.

Well, you start fresh each season, so in 2.5 years. . .

I don’t know, they really really really should make it more clear how it is and is not possible to earn these. If thousands of players suddenly learn that all their trauma was in vain, it will not go well for ANet.

IF they made this clear from the start then maybe players who aren’t interested in PVP wouldn’t even bother with it. and not feel “forced” to do it either.

That would be better, but still not a real solution. They need a real solution so that people who like the look of the wings but hate PvP can work their way towards it, similar to how PvPers can work towards dungeon armors.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I always take those moments as an opportunity to try to say something even meaner and more abusive.

in PvP

Rebound.3409

That would be better, but still not a real solution. They need a real solution so that people who like the look of the wings but hate PvP can work their way towards it, similar to how PvPers can work towards dungeon armors.

Or any kind of content. If what you say is true about how much “stuff” you need..then it’s a clear advantage for PvP players who can obtain anything ingame at the same level of investment/time as anyone else PLUS higher chances at getting the PvP reward thing. It doesn’t work the other way around for PvE players tho.